Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, August 05

*Megan* Guest

hi Everyone

Just a quick one as I am rushing to see a girlfriend and her new baby girl!

Angel - I just checked out your website and little Kynan is soooo beautiful! He has chubby little cheeks like Finlay!

Michelle - BIG hugs to you - I hope that you have a better few days....

All is well here - Finlay is 5.8kilos and doing well. He now sleeps from 7pm-3.30am (so he has dropped a feed). If I go to bed at 9pm - I get 6 hours in a row! I have no life - but I have sleep.....

Keep well mums and bubs!

Megan

Just dropping in cause I need a hug from you girls.

Had a crap evening last night because Blake wouldn't settle and wouldn't feed. At 5 to 9pm I raced down to the chemist to buy some sachet formula - wasn't going to get a whole tin!

He drank half a bottle and promptly passed out from sheer exhaustion - had been awake since about 4pm. Poor little mite.

Anyway to cut a long story short, AF arrived this morning - hence Blake refusing to feed properly - didn't like the taste which isn't unusual.

During the night we did ok. He fed at 2.30am from the breast and again at 6.30am although not as much this morning. By 9.30 he was getting grizzly - I thought hungry so I offered him the breast and he drank from one side but refused the right. Got himself into state again - he always wanted his food and wanted it "now". Ended up giving him another bottle but he's not gone back to sleep. I think I might take him for a walk in the pram to see if he'll settle.

Hope everyone elses day's going better than mine.

xx

Rachel hope Blake settles for you and you have a better night tonight.

Shannon - Hope you manage to get your fire to stay a light. Just lit ours and it smells we are running out of wood and i just hope the weather gets a little warmer.

Megan - Finlay is doing so well. Well done on the 6hrs sleep.

Gemma - That is great your DH is helping you out and you are able to get some sleep.

Hayseed - Hope you have another visitor free day today. I had one of those phone calls the other week and i told him i was feeding the baby and he said he will try again another day. I said good luck on catching me not dealing with one of the kids but i will always say i am busy with them.

Thanks everyone for the

I don't use a change table i did with Kimberley i just change Alex on the couch and Kimberley on the floor. I do have a table that has stuff thrown on it. lol

Still not getting much sleep Kimberley was up every hour until 1.30 then Alex woke at 1.50 then again at 4.55 took 40mls of milk and started to talk to me so i told him off and put him back to bed he did cry for a few seconds but then went back to sleep until 7.30 just when i wanted to jump into the shower. We also have a neighbour that likes to play load music all night so when ever i am trying to get back to sleep that is all i am hearing.
    I did manage to get in the shower this morning i put Alex in front of the telly and that kept him quiet for a while.
    Went to Mother's group today I am strating to fit in we did not go the last 2 weeks and one of them called last night to check i was ok so i thought i better go.

Brooke - I did buy myself something nice week and have felt awful about it ever since as i know we need wood for the fire and all the bills are due soon.
    DH does sometimes look after the kids but he does not do crying that well so it is easier for me to look after them most of the time.

Arvo girls!!
    Well ive had enough of my assignment for today so im onto my favourite BB.

I shouldnt have opened my mouth so soon about Hendrix sleep as we went straight back to waking 4 hourly last night!! haha i knew it too. At the 4:45 feed he was feeding and smiling up at me so i of course just melted but refused to smile back as its NOT PLAY TIME BUBBY!! Hope tonights slightly better.

Michelle - im glad you got to your MG this week its important that you get out and have a little you time, and im glad that you got yourself something nice you deserve it.

Brooke - We just got hendrix the fisher price kicking carnival and it looks great. I had it on layby at kmart and it was supposed to be for xmas but its suitable from birth in one position and then changes for 6monthers on and he has also looking for further stimulation so i couldnt resist giving it to him now. You should check it out.

Rach - big hugs to you!! I hope that Blake gets used to AF soon poor little chap!!

Shannon - I too got Hendrix some new 00 wondersuits they are on the line so he can wear on tonight! Thats wonderful that Jess has put on 160g, it must be very reassruring for you. Hope that fire gets lit and stays that way.

Megan - congrats on having a good little boy who is sleeping well. Wow at him being 5.8kg, hendrix is 5kg as of yesterday it is amazing!! What percentile is Finlay on.

Hey gemma - good luck with the interview hope it goes really well. Thats great that you have a timetable going, i too am very structured but as with Brooke that has all gone out the window since hendrix came along! Oh well.

He is awake gotta run
    xx

*Megan* Guest

Hi Everyone!

Heather - 5kilos is a good weight - sounds like your little boy is growing well....Finlay is right in the middle although I think he looks a little big!

Brooke - I have LOADS of toys for Finlay (although he doesn't play with any of them yet!!) We bought a Baby Einstein DVD of Van Gogh colours. It is really beautiful and he loves watching all of the shapes that go with music. I also bought him a 'tummy time surf board' today.....VERY cute!

No AF for me either thank god.....not looking forward to the milk changes when this happens! Rachel - hope that you are having a better afternoon and that little Blake is behaving himself for his mummy...

Michelle - how is your mothers group going? I have my first one on Thursday...

Shannon - Hello! I hope that you got your fire lit! Nothing worse then being freezing cold.....00 for little Jessalyn - that is great! 4.5kilos is good also - you must be pleased...

All is well here - Finlay is asleep after a big day out. I have more washing to do so better fly...stay well everyone!

Megan

A little Woo Hoo from me.

Blake just had the best feed. I know it's a little thing, but to me it's HUGE!!!!

Thanks for letting me share!

Gotta run to Spotlight to get stuff for school project!

Hi all

I am a little pushed for time so no personals. But wanted to say still here etc...

Erykah was an unsettled little thing last night from 10pm till 2am. I was so tired and cranky. Boy its hard when you are used to having them settled. She recently was cranky mid afternoon which I can manage far better than the middle of the night,

The MCHN said it was normal for Breastfed babies to wake in the night for a feed around 2am. It is built in as that is when the best milk is produced and they need to feed at that time to produce the stuff that maintains your supply during the day. Eventually when they are ready they will cluster feed on an evening and then this will produce whatever needs to be produced for the following day.

It makes sense when explained and all babies are different so she couldn't give me any averages to go off.

I took Erykah to baby massage class this afternoon and it must have relaxed her cos she has slept ever since. I hope she wakes for a feed soon as I would like to get her bathed at 6pmish if possible.

I am ready for a good nights sleep. I couldn't drop off after the 6.30am feed and then when I did I dreamt there was a snake chasing me through the house!!!!!!! I am terrified of the things so that woke me up.

I have been a busy bee with this working from home stuff aswell and have found a supplier for baby clothing. So things are looking great especially if I don't have to go back to work and can look after Erykah from home.

Hope all other cranky unsettled babies give their mums a better sleep tonight.

Shannon it is so cold today it is like been back in the UK!!! And the rain well say no more.

Jo

Hey Kate welcome to 1 month thread, time has flown hasnt it?? Glad we are all together again. I hope you can sort out Kelsey windy probs. We used infacol for hendrix and it worked quite well but he doesnt need it anymore, he gets wind but is able to pass it by himself much better.

Hey Joh - sorry to hear that Erykah is unsettled, hopefully the massage will make her have a wonderful nights sleep.
    I give hendrix a 10-15 min massage every night and it seems to work wonders (expect for last night) im sure they must get so many growing pains at the rate they grow.

I just put two new phots up that i took today.

Welcome Kate and Kelsey

Megan - I am slowly getting used to my Mother's group i did not go for two weeks and one of them called to check i was ok so i thought i would go back. It is harder for me as they have known each other for so long and Alex was the youngest until 2 weeks ago.

Hi girls,

well it must have been the night for unsettled babies as Pup was a little horror last night after being soooo good for so long. He woke up at 7pm for a feed and I thought that he might stay awake for a little bit and then go down in order for me to have a couple of hours before a middle of the night feed......not so. He was awake until 2am!!!!! Grrr. I was just about beside myself as i was exhausted. Honestly, if there was crappy crockery in the house, I would have taken it outside and smashed it, I was so upset!!! Anyway, after a feed at 2.15am, he went to sleep and didn't stir until 8am (because he was sooo tired!!). After his 8am feed he went back to sleep like a dream baby, but unfortunately I had to wake him at 10.30am as we had to go to the photographer to get a protrait done (this was the 2nd sitting - the first was while I was pg and I had beely shots done). He hasn't been too bad today - had a little sleep but is wide awake now. Hopefully tonight will be more settled. [-o<

So Rach and Shannon...I sympathise!

Michelle, I also feel I don't really fit in with the mums group I'm in. Most of the girls there know each other from when they went to school, and as typically happens in small country towns, newer people are not always included in stuff unless you play netball or football!!! I have been to 3 session so far (there are 10 structured ones in all) and I happened to hear a couple of them disucssing plans to go for lunch, but I wasn't invited . I hope to make some friend in this group because circumstances have sort of prevented me becoming involved in local stuff (like team sports) and I don't have many girl friends here. I was hoping that having a baby might open up networks that I previously didn't have access to. Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and ask some for a coffee or something????

So some of you have got AF? When does it typically reappear? And it changes the taste of breastmilk?? Every month?? I must admit, I was under the impression that AF would be weeks away from arriving.

Well, best go. Hi to all. A good friend of mine had a baby boy yesterday and I want to give her a ring.

Hayseed

Hayseed

I felt the same in my mothers group for the 3 times I have been. I seemed to always be listening in to others conversations as they all seem to know each other from school and I am from the UK and have been here 16months now and was hoping to meet new people through it.

But today there was a baby massage class and 2 girls from my group were there (there was only the 3 of us actually turned up) and we got chatting and swapped numbers which was nice and I expressed how I really wanted to carry on with meeting as our group is only structured for 4 sessions. They all felt the same. And also said they felt as though the others all knew each other so I was not alone.

Erykah is currently asleep. The MCHN said she could have been unsettled after her 10pm feed if she got too much foremilk. Thinking about it I gave her a bottle which she drank so much of then she spat it but was still hungry so I gave her my boob. She would have had a load of foremilk from that. I will remember this in future and maybe express a bit of before I offer the breast after a bottle.

So many things to think about to make life easier. She also said strip the baby down to the nappy and put them on your chest while you are propped up on 2 pillows with your nightie around them and this tends to help as there is pressure on the tummy where the pain is and warmth from my body to help ease it also. They will fall asleep and that you can then sleep also. She reckons it works in most cases so worth a try.

Well it is pouring down here and the wind is howling. Just waiting on DH to get home so we can have tea together.

Heather - Erykah loves massage and I also give her one every night after her bath but I got some new techniques today which was good.

Best go get tea started

Jo

Forum Name: sunbeam koala
    State: Denmark
    Baby's DOB: 10-07-2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4600g
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Alexander Rohan
    Baby's Website: http://www.mikaidt.dk/rohan
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Hi everyone!

Our little darling is a month old now! Its no joke about how fast time flies. Its been a toughish month though. I haven't slept for more than 3 hours in a row for the whole time....I miss sleep!!! But I am optimistic, as it seems many of you have bubs sleeping through for long periods during the night, I'm sure a good night's sleep is around the corner.... [-o<

Kate - Rohan (we call him Rohan when he's a pain in the bum) still gets bad wind too. I am trying lots of things and finding some improvements as the days pass. I have done a complete overhaul of my diet and being very restrictive. eg at one stage I was drinking excessive amounts of orange juice, not thinking how it would effect him. I am on bland foods only now so I can't blame my diet on how his tummy is.
    I have started expressing some of the foremilk off my feeds the last couple of days. He was nearly drowning at let down because I have such an oversupply. This is making feeds much more relaxed as he isn't gulping and gasping at the begining! Feeding him has been quite stressful at times with all the crying...before, during and after. I am going to keep trying this for a few more days, but he seems much better since I started doing this (**thanks to Heather and your post in another thread**)
    He is also enjoying doing some 'cycling' while nappy free and lying on his back. I do some massage after bathtime as well.
    But he is still far from being the quiet cooing angel child one expects to have!!
    I hope Kelsey is feeling better and you get some good ideas from the health professionals.

I had a quick peak at Hendrix and Maya and they are so beautiful! They look fantastic! Glad to hear both have settled tummies now. There's hope for the rest of us with cranky babies!!

Brookey

I have managed to get a website going today as Erykah was sleeping most of the day after her vaccinations.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/erykah1

All the hair does make her alot older than she is. She is not that big though. 000 are still big on her and she has room to grow. Her length is 54cm and she was 4.8kg a week ago so I guess she will be 5kg about now.

We had a more settled night last night but I had to feed her at 2am and also 6am.

Must dash as she is stirring

Jo

Well it will be goodbye from us tomorrow until you all catch up with us again.
    Alexander will be 3 months old tomorrow

Not much going on with us still not getting much sleep between by two being awake at night but i am slowly getting used to it.

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Just a quick post to say I'm still around, have just finished reading all the posts. Can't do personals right now as I have about 3 loads of washing sitting here to be done, but I have read everyones posts.

Well things are so-so here. At the moment I'm on two lots of antibiotics for mastitis. Also I think my milk is drying up - Makenzie is feeding less and getting more and more unsettled and unlike most of you we aren't getting a long sleep - on the rare occasion she does go for maybe 6 hours tops but it's never at night. 8 weeks of broken sleep is starting to get to me - then I stress out wondering if it's just sleep deprivation or the first signs of PND. I had severe PND after both the boys so am always freaking out whenever I get any symptoms. We've had a lot of stress at home too which probably hasn't helped my milk supply. After beating myself up about it I'm going to wean - have been comp feeding after nearly every feed now, after we tried her with a bottle after a feed and she drank the whole bottle. Once the mastitis has cleared up I'll start weaning. She loves formula though so that is lucky. My eldest would not touch formula even if he was starving.

Finally got Makenzie weighed yesterday. She's 4.5kg now (was only 3kgs at 2 weeks) so she's putting on weight well. I have to book her in for her needles next week, not looking forward to that.

Anyway, better go and try to make a start on this washing. I just can't get myself motivated to do anything coz I'm so tired. Luckily DH is home a fair bit of the time to help - don't know how I'd manage 3 kids by myself.

Morning everyone,

Welcome Kate and Kelsey, bye Michelle & Alex.

Rachel, I hope Blake is still feeding well. At least with AF arriving you know your body is back to normal. It is surprising that it came so soon. I can't wait for AF to arrive for me as I would like to TTC in 6 months or so although DH has not agreed to a 2nd yet. I'm sure he will get used to the different taste of bm.

Hayseed - Hope pup was better for you last night. It must be so frustrating hang in there. Maybe get yourself a punching bag, it will have to be cheaper than breaking crokery and you don't want to be breaking your good stuff. I would ask the other mothers for a coffee, they would probably love to go out with you but are scared to ask.

Shannon - Thanks for the info on the high chair, will have to check it out. Great news about Jess, she is doing really well.

Heather - Hendrix is gorgeous. Thanks for wishing me luck for the interview. You are so good not to smile back when he wants to play and he should be in bed! I will have to check out the kicking carnival too.

Jo - Erykah has so much hair you are so lucky. Great photos on tour website too. Hope she was more settled last night. That's good that baby massage seemed to help her.

Megan - I have been thinking of getting some baby Einstein DVDs, what are the titles you have?

I was still typing when you posted Lisa. Hope you are okay and the mastitis is not too painful. Just keep asking your DH for help and support, you will be fine.

Deb - Forgot to mention your website looks great! You have so many great pictures.

Brooke - That is so good about the pants! I am still wearing maternity pants because they are so comfortable.

Amy has finally gone back to bed, she has been up playing since 7am this morning. We went to the paediatrician yesterday and Amy is doing well. I think we had to see him because of the caesar, anyone else had to visit one? I'm not sure who asked about going back to work, if I get the promotion I will go back in Oct and my original date was Jan. Amy is daddy's little girl and she is really good for him and DH was always going to be a SAHD. Now to get back to the interview prep...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast