Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, August 05

Good morning! I am having so much trouble keeping up at the moment! Our household is crazy atm. In a nutshell, the news from here is that Tim's job has been made redundant (I will probably expand on this further in the punching bag forum if I get the time and energy), and we're all sick! I've been looking after Hannah and Tim at home for the past three days and haven't had time to do much else (the house is a mess - after my big effort to clean it on the weekend!). Now I'm getting sick too! I hate this time of the year.

Shannon - thankyou so much for the linkadoos high chair tip! I have called my mum and dad in Brisbane and they are putting one on layby for me. I will be down there at the end of this month to pick it up. It looks better than the one I was looking at for about twice that price! I love the look of it too.

Hi all

Well I am sat here struggling to keep my eyes open. We had a bad night but I am putting it down to her having the vaccinations yesterday. She did not have a temp as such but her body was very warm. It is much cooler to the touch today. She had me up till 3:30am and was very unsettled. I used panadol not sure if it helped or not. She then woke at 7:30 for a feed then was wide awake at 9am. She has just fallen to sleep with no fuss on her own bless her.

So now is time for mum to get some rest. I hope tonight is better. I am considering splitting the jabs down next time it seems so many for them to have all at once.

Will drop in later.

Thanks for the comments on her hair. Today it is stuck up all over the place but mum is too tired to worry

Jo

Sorry to hear so many bubs aren't sleeping well atm! Hope things get better soon!

Megan, the chubby cheeks are sooo cute aren't they LOL.... so soft and squishy!

Joh, wow love the pics of Erykah! What a gorgeous little girl! And I thought Kynan had a lot of hair when he was born LMAO!

Welcome Kate & Deb!

Hayseed, hope Thomas has had a better sleep the last couple of nights!

Heather, great pics of Hendrix on your site!

Brooke, yay! Glad you found some pants that are a good fit! And double yay for Maya sleeping 7.5hrs!

Shannon, how did your appt with the neurosurgeon go?

Lisa, sorry to hear about the mastitis & the milk issue. I hope things settle down for you soon and Makenzie starts sleeping longer at night!

Juliette, sounds like things aren't going too well for you atm. Hugs! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Kynan has been sleeping REALLY well lately. Tuesday night he went to sleep around 6:45pm and didn't wake up until 7am! Last night it took ages to settle him so he didn't go to sleep until 8:30pm but he didn't wake up again until 7:30am. Means he's been feeding at least every 3 hours during the day, more in the afternoons, but it's sooooo good to get a decent nights sleep!

Kate - Matthew also had a little bit of cord growth but no one had mentioned anything to me. I`m also just wondering why your mchn thinks Kelsey`s weight gain is slow, didn`t she put on 315gms in 2 weeks? and if she`s off the chart she must be doing okay, she`s put on the minimum 125gms a week which they like them to do. It does look like Kelsey is the big kid of the group now since I left last week with my big boofa baby.

Shannon - thats great news about Jessalyn, you must be thrilled and have fun up in Qld next week.

Angel - Woohoo it sounds like Kynan is getting used to this sleeping at night business, I hope it continues for you.

Jo - Hope you have a better night and I also have to comment on all her hair, it`s lovely.

Juliette - I hope your all starting to feel better today, sorry that Tim has ben made redundant.

Gemma - We didn`t need to see a paediatrician and Matthew was born via a c/s, my Ob just checked him over at our post natal appointment.

Hi to everybody else I hope your all doing well.

Kate, wow @ Kelsey being nearly 5kg at only 1mnth! Kynan was only 5.3kg at 8w but then he was only 57cm long LOL. We've got a little Lamaze play gym thing for Kynan but he doesn't seem particularly interested in it. He seems to prefer me making silly faces at him LOL!

Shannon, WOOHOO! That's absolutely fantastic news! LOL @ Kynan holding a mirc session. He'd probably pick up everyone else's bad sleeping habits LMAO. Anyway he's only being good with night sleeps. He's a very cranky little boy atm... sitting in my lap right now as he won't sleep... & he's forgotten what to do with a dummy again argh LOL.

Hi girls,

typing one-handed here......

Lisa, sorry to hear you are having a rough trot, but good to here you are getting support from DH.

Shannon, if you don't mind me asking, what is the story behind Jess' condition?? You may have said already and I missed it.

Jo, make sure you go into your profile and put in Erykah's website. Then it will appear as a button below your signature every time you post. And yeah, so much hair!!!!

Deb, welcome into 1 - 3 mth group. Time does fly hey???

Brooke, I'm still slothing around in tracksuit pants so don't be too concerned with your size. And I'm also sporting my materrnity jeans when I go out.

Gemma, I had a caesar but I don't have to see the paed though...I don't think anyway. I have an appt to see my OB next Thursday, so maybe he'll tell me otherwise then.

Well, sleep routine has settled down here again...thank god. It seems to be a once a week occurance having huge awake periods and not settling. Very frustrating when he is so good normally. It sort of takes you by surprise 'cause you are lulled into a sense of routine and security and then he blows it outta the water!!!

I have had a couple fo visits with the hospital midwife who is a lactation consultant. I have been having recurring issues with my left nipple (VERY sore) and making BFing just downright uncomfortable most times and excrutiating at others. My technique wasn't that flash on that side, but she also thinks that I may have what is known as "reynard's disease" (when in your hands...has another name in your nipples, but can't think of it). It makes your nipples quite blanched during and after feeding and make your nipples ache like a buggar after feeding. I'm on some medication to try and alleviate it and also use warm packs after feeding. It is sort of like the blood flow is constricted to the nipple. Bloody painful. After my second visit, the improvement was marginal, so she suggested I also start on a couse of thrush medication just to make sure (previous swabs taken all came back clear of bacterial infection). So yesterday, I started the thrush meds which is Daktarin oral gel (from chemist) that I have to put on my nipples 4x a day and also into Thomas' mouth afetr every feed. It tastes god awful....really sacchariney sweet orange flavour. Very strong. Thomas has been very good about it and hasn't kicked up a stink yet. Hopefully something I'm doing will improve the pain.

Really want to keep BFing - love it and it is so easy. Must admit, when Thomas gets the initial pressure off my boob at the start of feeding, the the remainder is much better.

We are off to the MCHN tomorrow. Wil have a weigh and see where we are at. Last week Thomas was 3900gms (8lb 10oz), so I am assuming that he will be just over the 4kg mark. We are still in 0000's though, so the talk of some of you moving into 00's and even out of 00's seems sooooooo far away to me.

Well, I'd best push off. The boy is looking for more to eat even though he has not long had a feed. I've got some expressed BM which I'll go give to him.

Toodles

Hayseed

Hi girls,

typing one-handed here......

Lisa, sorry to hear you are having a rough trot, but good to here you are getting support from DH.

Shannon, if you don't mind me asking, what is the story behind Jess' condition?? You may have said already and I missed it.

Jo, make sure you go into your profile and put in Erykah's website. Then it will appear as a button below your signature every time you post. And yeah, so much hair!!!!

Deb, welcome into 1 - 3 mth group. Time does fly hey???

Brooke, I'm still slothing around in tracksuit pants so don't be too concerned with your size. And I'm also sporting my materrnity jeans when I go out.

Gemma, I had a caesar but I don't have to see the paed though...I don't think anyway. I have an appt to see my OB next Thursday, so maybe he'll tell me otherwise then.

Well, sleep routine has settled down here again...thank god. It seems to be a once a week occurance having huge awake periods and not settling. Very frustrating when he is so good normally. It sort of takes you by surprise 'cause you are lulled into a sense of routine and security and then he blows it outta the water!!!

I have had a couple fo visits with the hospital midwife who is a lactation consultant. I have been having recurring issues with my left nipple (VERY sore) and making BFing just downright uncomfortable most times and excrutiating at others. My technique wasn't that flash on that side, but she also thinks that I may have what is known as "reynard's disease" (when in your hands...has another name in your nipples, but can't think of it). It makes your nipples quite blanched during and after feeding and make your nipples ache like a buggar after feeding. I'm on some medication to try and alleviate it and also use warm packs after feeding. It is sort of like the blood flow is constricted to the nipple. Bloody painful. After my second visit, the improvement was marginal, so she suggested I also start on a couse of thrush medication just to make sure (previous swabs taken all came back clear of bacterial infection). So yesterday, I started the thrush meds which is Daktarin oral gel (from chemist) that I have to put on my nipples 4x a day and also into Thomas' mouth afetr every feed. It tastes god awful....really sacchariney sweet orange flavour. Very strong. Thomas has been very good about it and hasn't kicked up a stink yet. Hopefully something I'm doing will improve the pain.

Really want to keep BFing - love it and it is so easy. Must admit, when Thomas gets the initial pressure off my boob at the start of feeding, the the remainder is much better.

We are off to the MCHN tomorrow. Wil have a weigh and see where we are at. Last week Thomas was 3900gms (8lb 10oz), so I am assuming that he will be just over the 4kg mark. We are still in 0000's though, so the talk of some of you moving into 00's and even out of 00's seems sooooooo far away to me.

Well, I'd best push off. The boy is looking for more to eat even though he has not long had a feed. I've got some expressed BM which I'll go give to him.

Toodles

Hayseed

Hey guys

Dont have time for personals as DH is about to put dinner on the table but a quick query. I just tried to give Hendrix EBM via a tommy tippee newborn bottle and he had no idea what to do with it. I was too tired to perservere so i put him on the boob, and thought id try tommorrow when he was more hungrey but what bottles and teats are you guys using and did it take time for your little ones to get the idea?? Ive caught up on your posts but will reply later.
    xx

*Megan* Guest

Hi Everyone!

Just popping in quickly to say Goodbye to Michelle and Hello to Kate! Michelle - keep popping in to let us know how you are going...

Heather - little Hendrix is soooo cute - he looks like a cheeky pants!

Gemma - we saw a pd at 6 weeks too. Te DVD that we have is called Baby Van Gogh 'world of colours' and it is beautiful!

Shannon - glad to hear that Jessalyn is doing well...

Hope that everyone else is doing OK!

Will put some more photos on my website soon!

Megan

*Megan* Guest

Lisa - I forgot to say before in my last post that I hope that you are OK! Big *hugs*! Sorry to hear about the mastitis as well! I now try and drain one side really well before offering the other side as mastitis is nasty!

Hope that you are feeling better soon..sorry to hear about your PND as well!

Megan

*Megan* Guest

We had some professional photos taken with little Finny was 4 weeks old...they are on the site for you to have a look at! What do you think? Has anyone else done this?

Megan

OMG can you girls talk! Life has been busy so I haven't had time to come online. Best I find the time or I'll have to spend a whole day reading to catch up. I'll try and do my best.

Heather, We use Avent bottles. A gf bought a 'feeding set' with a range of bottles, teats, handles, spout attachments etc for my DD when she was born. I thought it was a weird 'birth' present as I wanted to bf but I'm so grateful she bought it cause it was handy to have when I needed a bottle. We kept everything (despite the 8 year difference in the kids ages) and I'm glad I did. I've given Blake EBM in the bottle and also formula in the bottle and he's taken it without a problem. Mind you he also took formula at 15 hours old in the Special Care Nursery at the hospital from a bottle with a 'regular' teat. Avent bottles are the shorter, squat bottles. They are wide with a wide teat which is supposed to be designed to mimic the breast. Good luck with the Tommee Tippee, but if continue to struggle, IMO Avent are worth a try; they're brilliant.

Hayseed, I so know what you mean by being lulled into a false sense of routine and security. Blake is the same, although the last night or two he doesn't seem to want to sleep between his feeds around 4/5pm and 7/8pm. Poor little mite is so tired but wont go down. Of couse this makes it difficult to spent quality time with DD, DH and cook/eat dinner. Fortunately I prepare food earlier in the day so it just needs reheating at dinner time. I know you mentioned dummies a couple of days ago, yes, he was using a Tommy Tippee 0-3month one but now I've bought a Nuk one which is more shaped and he seems to like it better. So for now, that's what we are using. Sorry to hear you're still having probs b/fing. Hopefully the m/w has correctly diagnosed the problems your having and that the treatment is helping. fingers crossed.

Gemma, I didn't have a c/s nor did we have to see a Paed. We had our 6wk check today with my GP who I think is great. Mind you, I was surprised that all he did for the 6wk check was to sit and talk to me about how I am, how Blake is, did I have any concerns, discussed contraception. The only physical thing he did was check Blake's pimples. (I had been to see Dr last week with DD and showed them to him then as there have been quite a lot of spots on Blake's face). He checked them today and commented they were going down. Other than this he didn't touch/check us. I would have thought he'd want to check my tear and make sure I've healed properly. I guess not. Not that I have any concerns about it, I just thought it was a little strange. What's happened at other peoples 6wk check?

Kate, Welcome to the thread! Kelsey is a big girl, and I think she's up there with Blake. He was 5.4kg at our 4 week check - which we had at 5 weeks, don't ask!! lol. He was 57 or 57.5cm long. He's still wearing 00 Wondersuits, and although there's enough room around the girth, the length could be more accomodating. I'll see how we go, but I've bought one size 0 and a couple of pairs of pyjamas which may be a better fit. We have the good ol' original Sesame Street activity gym. I feel like its such a basic one compared with the stuff around today, ditto our rocker/boucer and high chair. The one Shannon was talking about sounds great but I can't justify buying a new high chair when the one we bought when DD was a bub was top of the range in its time!

Shannon, Great news about Jessalyn from the neuroesurgeons. It's brilliant that it won't inhibit her development with crawling/walking either. Hope your trip to Brissy goes well. Is it just you and Jess going or the rest of the tribe too? So much fun choosing house colours etc - well I think so!

Angel, its great to hear that Kynan is sleeping so well. I wish Blake woudl sleep through. I do get him sleeping for around 6 hours max but it would be great if he gave me one nights full sleep. *sigh* Maybe I should feed Blake more in the afternoon/evenings to see if that helps. How do you find the 3 hourly feeds during the day? How often was he feeding beforehand?

Jo, sorry to hear Eryka had a tough time with her immunisations and you had a rough night because of it. Hope you caught up on your sleep today. I checked out your www and her hair pics. Her hair is awesome. I don't think I've seen that much hair on a baby ever! My DD had barely any hair for her first year! and DS isn't far behind her so far.

Brooke, How was your mothers group? I have to remember to ask my MCHN the details for our local one and make sure she'll let me join. Congrats on Maya's sleep.

Juliette, sorry to hear everyone's sick and that Tim's been made redundant. I hope it's not too difficult for you.

Lisa, sorry to hear about your mastitis. I haven't had it, but can imagine how painful it would be. Hope the antibiotics sort it out for you. If you need someone to talk to about your PND, I'm here, remember you're not alone.

Well the boy is starting to stir again - DH got him to sleep finally after beign awake for about 3 hours but now his tummy clock has gone off and he's awake cause he's hungry. Might give him some EBM after the feed to top him up and see how he sleeps!

Take care everyone. Hope you all have a good night. And if you're awake at 2-3am, remember so I am I'll be thinking of you too.

PS sorry about the marathon post. See what happens when one's away for a day or two!

Okay girls, time for a new thread!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456