Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July '05 Thread #2

Hey everyone

Welcome Lisa and Makenzie

Juliette: Hope you have a great day in Brissy

Mason has been quiet unsettled today, guessing its just wind again, he spent all day in dads arms, he is just light snoozing not really sleeping, hopefully it doesnt happen tommorow, have heaps too do!

Otherwise nothing much happening

Take care
    Belinda

It's very quiet in here???

Hope everyone is going good.

Welcome Brooke and Maya

Take care

Juliette - Have a great day in Brisbane, I`m sure you will. Yummy lemon meringue pie, hope you enjoyed it, I could do with a man like that, perhaps Tim could give Mark a few tips I often have those night where I have no idea what to cook, MIL is here tonight and she brought tea with her so thats one night off this week but I`m sure I`ll still have to cook the vegies.

Jo - Glad you had a good day yesterday.

Belinda - hope Mason settles for you, it makes it hard when they are so unsettled, lets hope it doesn`t last long.

Welcome Brooke and Maya

Matthew has his clinic visit today and well he`s still stacking on the weight, he`s put on 1100gms in 4 weeks 8-[ he is now 7100gms, still on the 97th percentile, length is 62.8cms and head is 41.6cms, still on the 90th percentile for those two. My little big boy seems to be getting bigger, the clinic nurse did say he will eventually slow down but will have another growth spurt soon, he always seems to be on one!!!!!!

Hope everyones well.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hi All

Another good night for us last night. She is settling back to sleep as soon as she has fed. I am only out of bed 15mins in total she is a quick feeder.

We have been to the MCHN today and Erykah has put on 515g in 2 wks and is now 9lb 13oz. She is 52.8cm in length and HC of 37cm. The nurse is very pleased with our progress.

I went food shopping and spent most of the time holding Erykah as she was screaming. Poor thing doesn't like food shopping. I rushed round and came home without a few bits but managed to get most things.

I have cooked tea for the first time in ages so far I was using up stuff from the freezer.

Anyway off to make a coffee and put my feet up before the next feed.

Hope you all have had a good day and have a good night with bubs.

Jo

Welcome Brooke and Maya \/

Dee - Matthew seems to be doing very well. IKWYM about them always on a growth spurt.

Juliette - Hope you have a lovely day today
    Next time you have lemon meringue pie i'm coming round. Not had one of those for ages.

Well last night was a bad night with my 2. They both took turns in being awake. It started around 12.50 and i finally got to sleep at 5. Just so glad Kimberley slept in till 9.30 just a shame Alex did not stay in bed.
    I think when ever i give Alex his antibiotics he has a bad night. Some nights i must admit i do forget to give them to him and i am sure that is when he sleeps better. I might test it out then tell the doctor. We are not due back at the hospital until 8th September that is a long time to wait to talk to them about it.

Shannon - How are things going ?? Been thinking of you all.

Jo - Great to hear you are having some good nights now. Don't you feel so much better when you have had some sleep.

I had the same problem on Friday when food shopping Alex screamed most of the way round and i had nothing to give him.

Michelle - If it does happen to be the antibiotics upsetting Alex are you able to talk to the Dr`s over the phone or make an appointment before Sept, otherwise as you say 8th September is a long time to have to wait You must be exhausted, I hope they both sleep for you tonight.

Jo - Erykah sounds like she`s doing well. Matthew has also screamed a couple of times while we`ve been doing the supermarket shopping, it does make it hard as all you want to do is get home.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dee - I might see my normal Dr and see what he says about it. I may give it a week with his antibiotics then a week without and see what happens. I know it means less sleep for me but at the end of the day i will know what is going on.

Let us know how you get on Michelle, lets hope you don`t have too many sleepless nights but as you say at least then you will know if it`s the antibiotics.

Michelle - often mums know what the case is so it is probably the antibiotics bothering poor Alex. Poor you as well not sleeping! Hope they both sleep well for you tonight.

Dee - yay at Matthews checkup, great to hear things are going well. Matty is 6430gms and 66 cms long now. So I am happy with that. I can't believe that my Matty is smaller than your Matthew - just goes to show how they all vary!

Jo - great about Erykah's check up as well.

Hope all other mums and bubs are going well.

*Megan* Guest

Hi Everyone!

Welcome Lisa and Brooke...nice to see you both again! Hope that your baby girls are well..

Michelle - your little man Alex is soooooooo cute!! He looks a lot like his mummy - particularily in the last 2 photos..

Juliette - thanks for the invite to the Brisbane get together...I haven't looked in the thread yet - but I think that it is today! I have a ton of stuff to do today or I would have loved to have met you all. (I am meeting the family day care mum who will be looking after Finlay in 2 months time when I go back to work...) I think that we might have a little bit in common as I also work in the disability field...

Dee - we do give Finlay a dummy. I was VERY anti dummies prior to having a baby, but he really enjoys sucking on his dummy, so we give it to him when he is going to bed. I suckied my thumb and had to have dental work at 12 years old - so would like to prevent this if possible. Sometimes I feel guilty about the dummy - but I really hope it isn't doing him any harm??? 8-[ 8-[

Shannon - how's things? Pop in when you can

All is well here, Finlay is nearly over his cold (thank god). I do have a question for you all though - when did your babies start smiling? Finlay is trying to smile - but nothing that I would get excited about yet....

Talk to you all soon

Megan

Hi all

Quickly popping in before I go to a friends for lunch. We had a great night again. Erykah woke only once to feed which is a major improvement on 3 feeds the night before.

Just had an email from a girl at my work and she said one of the girls was leaving as she had been told they no longer wanted part time staff only full time. (I think Trish was a temp) but it worries me as I only want to go back part time 3 days a week ( 9 - 3 ) there is no way I can work full time. I am not due back till the end of Arpil 06 and do not need to discuss me going back until Jan 06. I guess I can find another job and not all employers are against part time workers.

Best go will pop in later hope you all have a good day

Shannon hope all went well with Jessalyn

Jo

Jo - Have a great day and YAY at the good sleep you got last night. I hope you can go back to work part time next year.

Megan - In your situation I can understand why you`d want a dummy also each baby is different I can see how it would benefit a baby who screamed all day long, I`m a child care worker and most babies that I come across do have dummies, I`m sure it`s not doing him any harm at all. As for smiling, the midwives in hospital couldn`t get over that Matthew was actually smiling but his bigger more 'social' smiles came at approx 3 weeks of age. There is a thread in general baby and toddler discussions which BB members have listed their babies 'firsts', I`d add the link but don`t know how to do it, anyway take a look there it would give you an overall approximate. I`m sure it will not be long before he`s giving you big gummy smiles and laughs, it`s beautiful, it even makes me laugh when I`m up to him at 2.30am.

Shannon - Thinking of you today and Jessalyn I hope the operation is a success.

Nell - It`s amazing how babies do differ, here my Matthew is 2.5 months younger then your Matthew and heavier, your still ahead in length Matthew is taking after Mark though, Mark was 400gms heavier and he was on solids at the same age. YAY at Matty`s weight, you`ve been waiting so long for him to get to 6kgs now he`s over it, good on you Matty. Is he doing anything new lately?

I was so excited this morning, Matthew was trying his hardest to get his hand up to touch my face and he did it \/ on his third attempt, it was beautiful and he gave me a great big gummy smile and babbled away.

Take cAre

Deeanne

Megan - I have to agree Alex is sooooo cute i just love to kiss him all the time. I used a dummy for Kimberley and she still uses it. Alex sort of takes one but does not get upset when it falls out. I brought one of each kind until i could find one that he would take if you make him have it.

Jo - WTG on having another good night. Hope you have a great day out.

Dee - Well done Matthew on touching your face. Soon you will have mummy say OMG you not in the same place i left you. Wait till you are looking all over the house for him.

We had mothers group this morning still not to sure about them but i will give it a go for a while longer. Alex and Kimberley had a better night last night.
    Alex woke at 12.30 then went to wake at 4.30 but put himself back to sleep until 6.30 and he had not had his antibiotics.
    I looked at the side effects on the letter i got with them and one side effect is headaches now how would i know if Alex had a headache so my poor little man could be in pain when i give them to him.

Anyone going to the Target toy sale this week ?

Brooke - Just before Alex was born they did an ultrasound and found he had a problem with his kidneys. A few weeks after he was born he had an untrasound down and they found he had dialation of the kidneys which meant his wee was backwashing up the tubes and he might have a blockage into his bladder. He then had to have a MCU scan done which they put a cathater up the penis, that all come back normal but so he does not get a bladder infection he needs to take antibiotics until he sees them again in September.

Maya seems to be doing so well for you.

Hi all

I have had a great day until I think my period has returned. Is this normal 6wks after birth?? My bleeding from the birth finished 2wks ago.

I was not impressed but my mum says I should get checked out. I am booking in to see the doctor on thursday for my 6wk check so will ask her.

Have a good night all

Jo

Where is everybody???? I thought I`d come on to see a couple of pages to catch up on.

Jo - I got my period 6 weeks, 5 days after birth, had bleeding for 1 week, 1 week without bleeding then started bleeding a week later and 9 days later I`m still bleeding, I`m very confused as to what my body is doing now, sorry I`m not much help.

Brooke - sounds like Maya is doing well. I`m not sure if Matthew knows day and night as yet, we have nights of him sleeping 4, 5, 6, 7 or even 9 hours but we never know what he`s going to do. Work asked me if I wanted to return to work this term but I thought Matthew was a bit young to be playing with other children, would like his immune system to develop a bit more before I take him to work with me plus I don`t know how I`d get us both ready and out the door by 9am.

Michelle - sounds like your not too sure about your Mother`s Group, I asked by MCHN about a MOther`s Group and she didn`t know of one, she mentioned playgroup but I think he`s a bit young for playgroup at the moment. Poor little man to think he may have been getting headaches. I`ve been banned from buying anymore toys for Matthew, I know I could sink a battleship with all his toys I`ve put away for Christmas, Mark seems to think I probably could sink 2 battleships LOL I just can`t help myself so instead of buying toys when I was in K Mart I brought some clothes for Matthew, Mark just shakes his head at me I`m always spending money on Matthew but never myself.

I was with my younger sister today, she has a 2 year old girl Nataliya, it was Nataliya`s 2nd Birthday yesterday, had a good day but I feel exhausted. When I get a chance I`ll put some photos of Nataliya and Matthew together on Matthew`s website.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dee - LOL @ being banned from buying toys. I have not even started on Christmas yet i will do with the Target toy sale this week.
    Looking forward to seeing some new pictures

Brooke - It does feel good when you do something for yourself.
    Alex's problem can be fixed not sure if he is ok now as his nappies have more wee in than they used to. I guess we will just have to wait and see i bet they will want to do another ultrasound.

Alex is the same with sleeping the longest he goes at night is 6 hours. But has changed what times he wakes up. Alex is smiling so much now every time he sees me he smiles.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast