Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July '05 Thread #2

I got my first smile out of Erykah today. Makes it all worthwhile doesn't it.

I am also banned from buying toys. However what DH doesn't know won't hurt him. I have stuff on layby at Kmart and will do the same at Target. He he.

I also go without and buy for Erykah. She has a whole wardrobe waiting for her to fit into in a years time all bought in the sales.

Hope all have a good night

Jo

Jo - Yay for Erykah`s first smile, there will be plenty more to come

Michelle - It sounds promising if Alex`s nappies are wetter then they use to be.

Brooke - Well done on getting your hair done. How did Maya sleep last night.

Well I`ve had 2 nights of 9 hour sleeps out of Matthew WOOHOO \/ but my BB`s get so sore that even moving my body hurts them they are so full feels like they are going to explode (imagine the mess I`d have to clean up LOL), I woke myself up this morning because I was cold and wet yep I leaked everywhere.

Hope everyone`s well.

Take Care

Deeanne

Forgot to say I`ve added more photos to Matthew`s Website - the latest photos are in the July Album, photos of Matthew in the bath with Daddy and with my sister and my neice yesterday

Hey everyone

Just a quick one for now

Had the fisher price swing on raincheck at kmart and its come in so excited that i am getting that today, he really hates being in bouncer as he cant look around down there enough, so hoping the swing will help him with that and my arms can get a bit of a rest.

Glad to see everyone else is going well

And great about Erykah`s first smile

Deanne: Yah about the 9 hours sleep but sorry to hear about the leakage waking you up

Shannon: Hope all is well with you and your family, look forward to hearing from you

I might go to the target sale but will wait till its quieter, dont like the idea of standing in line holding a baby for that long! He starts in the pram but ends up out and it becomes the trolley to dump stuff in.

Kmart is going to match the price on the leapfrog walker thing though, it was 199 when i laybyed it and target has it for 179 so they will match it on my kmart layby. So better than cancelling and redoing it at target.

I laybyed 500 dollars at kmart and Luke only got two things in that one, so still have to get him stuff and his birthday is 3rd January so have to get stuff for that as well! Hubby reckons all the stuff i got Mason is too old for him and he wont use it for ages, he is probally right, i am thinking of taking some back when i get layby out, they get too overwhelmed at that age if they get too much stuff. But i cant help myself!!!!

Well anyway will talk more later
    Take care
    Belinda

hey guys,
    ive done it again lol going awol..

well we had a great night out last friday thanks heaps to michelle we were both pretty crook on saturday though haha, but Chloe was very well behaved and slept for 3 hours while her mummy got a bit more sleep.. it was very nice of ehr to be so considerate..

I hope everyones doing well. we did change chloes formula over to the lactose free and it helped her a little, she did a normal poo for the first few days and seemed easier to settle.. well on tuesday she did another huge dark green poo so we kept an eye on her.. that night she was extremly constiapted.. poor girl was being woken up by pushing so hard (all u could hear was her pushing then few mins later screams) and all day wednesday she was having dry ahrd pellet poos, and the one in the evening was dark green so weve put ehr back onto the normal stuff and if shes not a bit better soon we'll take her to the docs and see what he says..

belmarks, and the other person from newcastle I think deeanne?.. well u might have a new person comming to your area we find out in 2 weeks wether were moving there.. yep.. were moving again, anthonys work place is closing down here so were on the move a year after moving here.. doh! ohwell by the time were finished we'll probly of met every single belly belly member LOL.. maybe we can start up our own mums group when we get there lol..

anyway better be off the lil miss is very grumpy

ill try and make it in more often!

LEsley

Good afternoon girls!

Had a great time in Brissy. It is good to be home though. Well sort of. DH has been at home by himself for 3 days, and the house is an absolute mess! I don't know how he managed to make that much mess in 3 days! I am too tired today to clean, but will have to get stuck into it tomorrow.

Belinda - I know what you mean about not being able to help yourself at the toy sales! I just put $100 worth of stuff on layby at Big W. All fisher price stuff...I just love their toys. Some of the stuff I got for Hannah will be too old for her too, but they'll grow into it. I even put a fisher price walker on layby! I've just done the opposite of you, and bought a bouncer for Hannah just to give her a break from her swing! I figured it would help her exercise her little legs once she figures out how to make it bounce herself.

Hey Dee! My Mum and Dad wanted to buy something for Hannah at the toy sales, and I suggested the Kick n Whirl Carnival...so we now have one! Thanks for the tip - Hannah's entranced as I write. I like the fact that it can be converted to a toy for an older child too. I'm glad you've been getting more sleep. I can sooooo relate to the sore, leaky BBs when they sleep a little longer than unsual - it's disturbing, but it's the price we pay for sleep I guess!!

Jo - Way to go Erykah! I love baby smiles. Hannah's just melt my heart. You must be so proud! LOL @ you layby-ing stuff without telling DH!! I am the same!! I am sure he'll appreciate it when he doesn't have to fork out hundred's of $$$ at Christmas though.

Welcome Brooke and Maya! Good to hear little Maya is sleeping well for you. Fantastic at her age! Not sure when Hannah actually knew night from day, but she was having longer sleeps at night from about 2 weeks I think? Starting a routine is a great idea. We've done that with Hannah. I don't give her a bath at night though...'cos it's so cold here and we don't have good heating in the house. I just read her a bedtime story (the same one each night), then put on her sleepy music and feed her, then she goes to bed. I tried to do it at 730pm, but she was too awake and grumpy then...it's really trial and error with us. I find that 9pm is best for Hannah...

Michelle - my mother's group starts on Tuesday. Hope it goes ok.... What is yours like? I'm not game to go to the target sale - I already have stuff on layby at Big W, and I bought some stuff at kmart when I was in Brissy. It's just all too tempting!

Megan - hope I get to meet you at the next Brissy BB meet-up. Where in the disability field do you work? I worked at a variety of places in Bris before we went country. I am still on a committee in Brisbane called "Values in Action" (Affilliated with CRU, promoting SRV etc.) Glad Finlay is nearly over his cold. Hannah was smiling social smiles at 3 weeks...check out the milestones thread in the general baby thread...[/b]

Juliette - Glad to see you back. Yay for the kick n whirl carnival, yes it`s great that you can convert it for the toddler years.

Lesley - Moving again, it only seems like yesterday that you moved to SA. Yes I`m the other one from the Newcastle area, I`m not right in Newcastle about 1 hr west in the Lower Hunter Valley area. Whereabouts would they move you to? Poor Chloe I hope she`s feeling better soon it must be awful when they are so constipated.

Belinda - I`m like that too most of Matthew`s toys are too old for him at the moment thats why they are sitting in the wardrobe for Christmas and most likely his 1st birthday.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dear all

Popping in quickly while Erykah is sleeping (doesn't happen often during the day these days) we have been for the 6 wks check at the doctors and all is well.

I was waiting 3/4 of an hour past my appointment time when I asked how long and the stupid doctor had seen the person booked for after me! Not impressed as Erykah had become restless and I got no apology.

Erykah has decided that we need to start the day at 5am now! She is wide awake and won't go back to sleep until 8am. Then only for an hour.

I now feed her at the 10pm feed with a bottle of EBM so she takes to a bottle should I ever need someone else to feed her. She had 70mls in 5 mins then was wanting more so had to put her on the breast. Bless her she feeds so well.

Reminds me I need to express a bit more for tonights feed. I struggle to get more than 50mls at a time at the moment not sure why some days are better than others.

Anyway best go relax while I can

Hope all have a good night.

Jo

Amanda25 Guest

Default ultrasound info

Hi my name is Amanda and I have read some of your previous postings and I was interested in your 3d scan, I was hoping you could tell me where it was done, if u needed a medical reason and also how far in advance did you need to book, Im really hoping you can help me as im generally computer literate but am having trouble navigating this site and finding other perth mums to be,
    Thanks and I hope all is going well 4 u and baby,
    Amanda

Brooke - Sorry to hear that Maya is suffering from such bad colic, I hope the Chiro helps her. Maya`s just beautiful.

Jo - Glad you had a good 6 weekly appointment. Hope you had a good night.

Well Matthew had his 3rd night in a row sleeping through, I`m amazed but I keep hinking will this continue, when he wakes in the morning he wants a feed and then will go down for another hour and throughout the day he`d only have about 3 little naps of 1 hour long, I don`t mind as long as this is his routine for sleeping through the night.

Hope everyone is well.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hi All. Hannah and I have had a rough day today. Vaccinations thismorning. Poor little mite. She got so distressed (as did I!). I've put off getting the oral polio vaccine, and have asked the GP for a prescription for the inactivated polio injection instead (lower risks associated with this new one). It's not on the immunisation schedule until November, but it's available for parents who want to pay for it (it's about $50). I will pick it up on Wednesday, and she will have the polio injection then. She's just gone to sleep now and seems exhausted. I am such a worry wart. I know the risk of adverse reactions is really low, but I am watching her like a hawk all day. Can't stay and chat for long...my Mum and Dad are arriving from Brisbane anytime. I'm wheeling Hannah around in her pram while trying to do at least a surface clean of the house....

Gosh it is quiet in here.

Dee - Well done to Matthew on sleeping all night. Hope he keeps it up. Lovethe new pictures of him.

Brooke - Hope you get Maya's colic sorted out and you are able to get some sleep.

Juliette - How is Hannah today ??

Alex is getting better with sleeping his first sleep of the night is 6-7 hrs. Also managed to get him back to bed this morning instead of him sleeping in his chair.
    I have stopped give him his antibiotics and he is sleeping better well think so and he does not have so many runny poo's.
    I do think it is easier the second time around as you learn by your mistakes with the first one as i never had Kimberley sleeping 7 hours straight until she was 1.

I went to the Target toy sale yesterday and i am now banned from going again as i spent way to many $$$$$ on the pair of them.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

I forgot to say one thing when we went out in Thursday to see DH's cousin and her two girls one of them tried to feed Alex chocolate cake and also woke him up from his sleep.

Hi Michelle - It has been quiet in here, I was beginning to think everyone was slowly deserting me. YAY for Alex`s great sleeps. Sounds like you`ve come and joined my club of being banned from buying toys LOL Oh no at the little girl trying to feed Alex cake.

I think I have to love and leave you all as I can hear a car out the front (someone is coming to see a couple of our Burmese we have for sale)

Dee - Hope you manage to sell you Burmese. Why are you selling it ??

We have not done much today walked to the shops and Alex is now fast asleep in his pram.
    I am getting fed up with ppl saying how big he is ](*,)
    I don't think he is that big.

Michelle - I know exactly what you mean by being fed up with people saying how big they are, as you can imagine I get it all the time yet MIL always says I don`t think he`s that big, Alex would just be average size wouldn`t he? It reminds me when I was still in hospital on day 6 Mark and I wandered down to the kiosk with Matthew, the older ladies who serve there mentioned 'Oh here`s a new baby, how old is he?" I replied "6 days", then I got 'Oh he`s not new then" I couldn`t believe it here I was still in hospital with Matthew being only 6 days old yet he wasn`t new ](*,)
    I decided it`s about time I find a couple of our older Burmese a new home, they are only 16 months and 2 years of age but Mark doesn`t let me have them inside so they are stuck in the cattery and now with Matthew I don`t have the time to go out there and give them their own special time and thought they deserve better, so I have found a lovely home where they both will be loved and given cuddles, kept indoors and sleep in the ladies bed, so I`m happy and once they settle in they will think it`s great. I don`t like parting with them but I keep telling myself it`s for their own benefit. I`ve got a couple more I`m thinking of selling too, just not sure about it yet.

Juliette - I hope you have a better time with Hanah and her vaccinations then we did with Matthew, I`m not looking forward to his 4 month neddles. I didn`t know there was an inactivated polio vaccine out, I wish we were told so we could have had the option.

Not sure if I should say this but we got a 10.5 hour sleep from Matthew last night, he did stir a couple of times but didn`t wake, when he did finally wake he was quite happy to lay in his cradle for 30mins playing with his hands before he decided he wanted to get up, so all up 11 hours in the cradle and 10.5 hrs sleep \/ So ladies who are having problems at night this goes to show there is light at the end of the tunnel, just give it time, I`m still wondering will it continue.

Hope everyones well.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dee - looks like you may have end that light at the end of the tunnel. How's your bb's going with his long sleeps? They'll settle down as well soon if they haven't already. How cute he was playing with his hands. 6 days is still a newborn!

My Matthew is doing lots and that's due to his age. He is rolling back to front all the time now and he falls asleep on his front alot. I must confess that I flip him over even though we are past the danger period. Just in his responses also. He is a bit clingy sometimes and doesn't like me leaving the room and he'll drink out of a sippy cup now. I posted in the 3 month htread that he pulled me into his face to give me his open mouthed kiss - so adorable! I could go on and on about Matty so I'd best stop.

Michelle - I love sales and have restrained myself a little. I love spending money on Matthew, even though he is far too young to appreciate it. 8-[ So sorry to hear that everyone comments on Alex, I think he is adorable btw! He looks average size to me! omg at trying to fee him choccy cake!

Juliette - hoping that Hannah is having a better day and you are enjoying having your folks with you.

Lesley - does it still look like you are moving?

Brooke - love your piccies of Maya - she is a cutie. Good luck at the chiro.

How is everyone else? Hope you are all well.

Nell - Your Matthew sounds like a real cutie and how lovely to pull your face in to give you a kiss. My BB`s aren`t too good, I wake up with them so sore, lumpy and leaking, do they settle down eventually do they? I thought I might have to put up with it everynight for the luxury of getting a night without feeding. Another night of 10.5 hours sleep, Matthew did wake up screaming at 5.30am but went back to sleep until 6.30, he often seems to cry in his sleep, you`d wonder what their nightmare was about.

Hope your all well.

Take Care

Deeanne

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast