Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July '05 Thread #2

Hannah seems to be feeling better today. She was really groggy after her injections on Friday, and slept pretty well on Friday night, but was grumpy all day Saturday and was still out of sorts last night. Didn't get much sleep last night - she was up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours all night. Just wanted to be cuddled I think 'cos she didn't seem particularly hungry. Poor little mite. I ended up just keeping her in bed with me.

We went out to "Opera in the Park" at Jimbour (part of the Queensland festival of music) yesterday. Hannah didn't seem too interested (too grumpy) but Mum, Dad, and I enjoyed ourselves. There were thousands of people there, and plenty of Mums with bubs so it didn't matter if Hannah cried every now and then. No one seemed to mind (though I felt a bit self-concious).

How's everyone elses weekend?

Dee - 10.5 hours sleep is great! Hannah cries in her sleep (and smiles and coos) too. I often wonder what she's dreaming about! I get people saying how big Hannah is all the time too. She is kinda chubby, but just normal baby type chubby. I get kinda annoyed 'cos she's just a healthy little girl. Some babies put on more than others and they're all perfect just the way they are! I guess I get sensitive about the connotation that somehow I'm overfeeding her (on breastmilk). I guess most people don't mean it that way though. Glad to hear that your cats are going to good homes.

Nell - When did Matty start rolling from back to front? I had Hannah on the floor on Friday, and I swear she almost did it! I am not in a hurry to see her do it though....she's only 2 months, and I'd like to keep her on her back at nights at least until she's 4 months. Great on the sippy cup! I bought one the other day (it said 3 months +). I figure it'd be better to give her EBM in that if she ever needs it. His little kiss sounds sooooo cute!!! It's so amazing the things they learn to do in just a few short months! Being a Mum is amazing.

Michelle - ditto on getting fed up with ppl saying how big Hannah is. I don't see why it is such an issue! OMG at those girls trying to feed Alex chocolate cake! That's great that Alex is sleeping 6-7 hours in a row. Way to go on the shopping spree. I get such a high from shopping for Hannah. It's addictive. I guess I'll be sorry when I have to clean up, put away all the toys, and step over them all in the lounge room!

Brooke - How's little Maya doing?

Jo - What are you and Erykah up to?

Hope everything is ok with you and Finlay Megan!

Hope your internet connection isn't playing up on you again Belinda, and that you, Mason and Luke are just having a great weekend!

Hope Chloe is behaving herself Lesley

Juliette - he rolled fron to back at about 3 months, but he has been doing it non stop from about 41/2 months and has taken to sleeping on his front in the last week or so, he is 5 months now. Don't worry about the comments people say, I'm sure they can't think of anything else to say. My MIL says it about Matty all the time,(that he is big) but it is in the 25th percentile so go figure.

Dee - yep, they do settle down - hard to believe isn't it? I still leak in the mornings, when I'm feeding on one side, the other lets down and leaks but it's way better than waking up in a pool of milk! Matty also cries out in his sleep, poor little mites.

Bought him a jolly jumper yesterday - he loves it - they are the best things!

Thankyou Brooke for the advice, I`d have to ask someone about the sage tea just to make sure it`s not going to completely dry me up and also to make sure if it was okay if I was pg (a very low possibility there) but then according to Nell my BB`s should sort themselves out, it`s laying in pools of milk which I don`t partically like especially waking up cold and wet. Having a shower would be fine if it happened during the day, I did hand express some foremilk this morning after Matthew wasn`t able to empty me out completely. I`m not sure what to suggest in regards to Maya`s sleeping pattern, with Matthew I tried to work him around us and if he was still asleep by 6pm/6.30pm I got him up as we`d want him back down at 8.30/9 so Mark was able to get some sleep before getting up at 2.30am, being awake from 8pm-2am must be hard on you

Nell - I can`t wait to put Matthew into our Jolly Jumper, Mark`s X accidently left Michaels and Alister`s Jolly Jumper behind so I washed it up and it`s come up like new People are funny aren`t they when it comes to babies size.

Juliette - Glad to hear Hannah`s a bit better today, the vaccinationes really knock them around. When MIL is here I often feel like I shouldn`t be feeding Matthew as often as I do, she doesn`t believe in 'demand feeding' and likes the 4hr feeds, but things change so we`re just doing whats best for baby, I`m sure if Matthew was on 4hourly feeds he`d be screaming quite a lot and I`d be stressed watching the clock. Hannah sounds like a clever girl if she`s almost rolling over.

Take Care Mums and Babies

Deeanne

Hi all,
    Dee - just wanted to say that my BB's still leak every morning even though Jenna has been sleeping through pretty much for about 6-8 weeks. I have been feeding off one side only in the morning, and then half expressing the other side and freezing it. Then the next feed is off the second side. By lunchtime they have pretty much evened up.
    Because I get quite low in supply at night, I give her a EBM bottle every second or third night, depending on how unsettled she is, so shes chugging through it OK.

Sounds like everyone is doing so well!!
    Fi

*Megan* Guest

Hi Everyone!

WOW - lots to catch up on!

Dee - I can't believe you are getting 10.5 hours sleep!! That is amazing.....we have had 2 nights of 7.5 and 8 hours and then he woke up after 7 last night completely wet through..poor little mite! I am holding out for the big sleeps like you. Your situation gives me faith!!

Juliette - Sorry to hear that the shots didn't go very well for little Hannah. I have Finlay's 2 month shots this Thurs and I am dreading it....I work for an Employer Network on Disability. I work with large companies implementing disability strategy (I don't work directly with pwd anymore - just on the strategic side of programs with businesses)

Brooke - I changed Finlay's pattern just over a week ago and started to wake him up between 8pm-9pm for a final feed and then put him straight back in his cot and he has been falling asleep for much longer...let us know when things change for you.

Ahhhh - the toy sale...I am tooo scared to even go there! I am like you Nell - spend far too much money on my special boy and he isn't even playing with toys yet!

We have had some lovely little smiles lately - although he isn't a smiley baby. He appears to be very serious. He is still gorgeous none the less...I am a little bias though!

Hope that everyone is OK and gets LOADS of sleep tonight...

Megan

Hi all

Sorry I have not been on all weekend. Its been a but hectic as I tried to get on top of the housework while DH is at home and also we try and get out and about ona weekend.

Went out for lunch today.

The last couple of nights have been unsettled for Erykah she has been awake in the night unable to stay asleep but obviously tired. Not crying but would if we put her down.

Bless her. But as it was the weekend we could work together to ensure we both got sleep. Tried to keep Erykah awake during the day today to help her sleep tonight.

Anyway off to get my tea so hope all are well

Its my mother and baby group tomorrow so looking forward to that

Jo

Brooke - Can't believe it took 5 weeks to get your baby bonus. We had ours within a week.
    Hope you can change Maya's sleeping times.

We have had a busy day cleaning the house well DH did most of it. I still have a very large pile of ironing to do and i am going to try and do it tomorrow.

I think i spoke to soon yesterday with Alex's sleeping last night he woke every 4 hours i know it's not bad but just when i got used to him going 6-7hrs. When i woke i thought the clock said 3a.m but when i went to put his feed on it was only midnight.
    Alex is staying a wake more during the day now which is good and was trying so hard to roll he got half way.

Sorry i have not caught up with you all but am still very busy. I'll try and catch up more tomorrow

Hey everyone

Have my parents here for a week so thats why i havent been on here much.
    Been a nice break with mum here
    Went over to target today and was pretty good this time, didnt layby much at all really. Mason is growing out of 000 one piece suits though, so laybyed some 00 stuff, he will be in the two piece 000's for awhile though.
    Otherwise just doing the family thing, will post more when everything is back to normal here

TAke care
    Belinda

Hey Mods
    Can you add me to this forum

Forum Name: heather
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 26.06.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -4400g
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Hendrix John
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/hendrixjohn/
    Health Concerns:Wind
    Notes: 5 days early, 4.5 hour labour, natural vaginal water birth

Dee - Brooke has some good advice and Fi is right, some bb's don't settle. But give them a chance to before deciding to do anything. When Matty first slept through the night, I was waking up at 3am to express a little because I was so sore and full. and wet - eekk.

Heather - you are all added!

Brooke - once bubs hits one month, I think the tickers start counting in months, not weeks like we do. As there are differing amount of days in a mouth, that's why the ticker will reflect the month. Once Maya hits her 2nd month, it'll say 2 months and x number of weeks. Some even say the days. Does this help? Hope I haven't confused you more!

cobs Guest

Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could join in your group. I have a little girl Olivia, born on 30th May 2005.

Welcome cobs If you would like you details added to the first post, just write in your details and I'll add them for you:

Forum Name:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: weight, length, head circumference
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Brooke - I didn't get pain, more like it was itchy alot and I had to put soberlone on it as it drove me nuts sometimes.

welcome cobs!

chloe slept all night last night! not gunna hold my breath for it to happen again but she slept from 430pm till 645am this morning! it was great, cept i was up every hour checking on her LOL

still looks like were moving, i quite like the fact that if we move coz i dont like our house anymore and want to pick a much nicer one hehe, were putting in our dha form as soon as the offical "your moving to newcastle" comes in so we can have a wider variety as when we moved here we only had one choice so it was a take what u get kind of thing..

hope everyones well sorry this is really quick but im only half ready for mums group and the taxi comes in 5 mins lol..

LEsley

Welcome Cobs, of course you can join in, the more the merrier Hope your both well.

Brooke - This morning i did what you suggested, Matthew went 10.5 hrs between feeds and I didn`t leak yippee, I was full but not painfull, Matthew wasn`t hungry so only took a very small amount off one side so while in the shower I expressed some off the other side which made them feel not so tight. Matthew also gives me great big smiles when I kiss his cheeks, he also did a little squeal yesterday when I was tickling him. It`s funny you should mention an achy back as ever since I had the spinal block I feel bruised in the spot, I`ve got Mark to have a look at it a number of times but he can`t see anything and it`s been 12 weeks tomorrow since the c/s. Hope you had a good night.

Welcome Heather and Handrix

Belinda - They grow quickly don`t they, I have so many clothes here that Matthew has only worn a couple of times but I`m so glad I didn`t buy any 0000 for him and only a few 000.

Michelle - YAy for DH cleaning most of the house, I`ve got to get stuck into mine after the boys have been here. I hope Alex settles back into his 6 - 7hr sleeps soon for you.

Megan - Matthew often geta serious look on his face, they certainly show lots of emotions at this age. Your big sleeps will come, I thought I`d never see them until he was on solids but he proved me wrong.

Fi - Thanks for your tip, it sounds like a good idea especially when he wasn`t hungry this morning, perhaps I need to go down to the dairy to express each morning!!!!

I think I`ve replied to everyone, if I`ve missed you by accident I hope your well.

Take Care

Deeanne

Lesley - My goodness that was a long sleep for Chloe, no wonder you were checking her every hour.

Brooke - I meant to say I can`t believe it took 5 weeks for your payment, we put ours in on a Friday and we were paid on the following Wednesday. Did you put it in at Centrelink because I believe if you put it in at Medicare it takes longer.

Does anyone know what is the best way to store babies clothes, I mean can I put camphor or mothballs in with them or is it best not too and hope moths etc don`t find them? I don`t really like the thought of throwing moth balls or camphor in with babies clothes but not sure if there is anything else I can do.

Take Care

Deeanne

cobs Guest

Thanks guys.

Forum Name: cobs
    Baby's DOB: 30 May 2005
    Baby's Stats: weight, length, head circumference: 3.690kg, 48.5cm long 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Olivia
    Baby's Website: Im working on it.
    Health Concerns: none thank goodness.
    Notes: slightly colicky. breast fed.

Hi all

Had a much better night with Erykah. Finally got her settled with a feed at 9pm then she woke at 1am I was back in bed by 1:15am and then she woke at 5am and again I was back in bed by 5:15am. She then woke at 8am played until 9 then slept till 11:00am and is now back to sleep.

We are off to the mother and baby group in 1/2hr. I have done all my chores. Was happy to win an auction for a car seat for Erykah when she is 6months old. (Her capsule which attaches to the pram lasts till 6 months.) The car seat is sold for $230 in shops online and I got it for $130!! DH is not aware that I bought it but she will need it in 4 months time.

He is also not aware of all the toys I have on layby! He told me yesterday that the pram looked like a circus with all the hanging toys. He has no idea bless him.

As for baby clothes I didn't buy any 0000 and Erykah is only just now fitting into 000 ( all clothes from the UK 0 - 3months that have been sent by family are still too big!) so I had to buy and borrow 0000 as she was in them for 6wks.

I am excited as when mum is here Black Eyed Peas are playing in Melbourne and Mum will be able to babysit. It will be our first night out without Erykah. (Its not till end of Sept but I am excited anyhow)

I am sick of wearing my maternity clothes but refuse to buy any new clothes until I loose weight!

I also have to fill out another form for the tax benefit for this year as Erykah was born 1 month prior to the financial year end. It is a complete pain. I have just about done our tax returns so there will be a bit more money coming our way.

Anyway best go get ready to go to the Mother and Baby group will post later

Jo

I had a better night last night with Alex just a shame Kimberley woke for nearly 2hrs.

dee - I just packed all of Kimberley's old clothes into boxes and put them away they did smell a bit when we got them out again but a good soak in the bath with conditioner (sp?) and a few times in the machine they were just fine.
    I am also doing the same with Alex's stuff.

Jo - Well done on the carseat don't you just love ebay

Welcome Cobs and Olivia.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast