Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, June #2

Default 1 Month - 3 Months, June #2

Welcome to the 1 Month to 3 Months thread for June 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

1 Month to 3 Months List - June '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: mum5boyz
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 04/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3780g 51cm 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Jacob Philip Thomas
    Baby's Website: www link under my name
    Notes: 8 days late

Forum Name: LumpyLove
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 8/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight -8lbs 14 oz Length 53cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    [b]Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Pheonix Skylar
    Baby's Website: working on it
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) high temps
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 weeks late

Forum Name: Fi
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 11th April 2005, 23:09
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3450g- Length 53.5cm - Head Circ 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Jenna Morine
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/spuddw/
    Health Concerns: None so far.....
    Notes: 11 days late, Induction, persistant occiput posterior malpresentation, forceps delivery
    __________________________________________________ ____

Forum Name: Mark&Jess
    State: Queensland (Paradise)
    Baby's DOB: 28 April 2005
    Baby Name(s): Kristanna Gweneth June
    Baby's Website: http://au.geocities.com/jerk_den/
    Health Concerns: reflux, occasional mild colic
    Notes: 1 day late, born by emergency c-section due to failure to progress because of her size (10lb 7oz)

Forum Name: Deejoy17
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 3rd May, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4200gms/ 9lb 4oz Length - 53.5cms Head Circ - 36cms
    Baby Name(s): Matthew Kenneth Ian.
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/deeannemark/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) - None as yet.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days late, born via c/s due to CPD which we only found out about 1 day before the c/s.

Forum Name: mouse_9_2001
    State: S.A
    Baby's DOB: 04/05/05
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl girl
    Baby Name(s): Chloe Rose
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babypalmes/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 8 days over due but still came by herself, natural birth weighing 9lbs 15 and a half oz

Forum Name: *Michelle*
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 11th May, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 2.660 5 lb 14oz Length 46.5cm Head Circ 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Alexander Edward
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Was born at 36wks 6days by emergency c/section.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Juliette
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 21st May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ: 8 lb 1 oz - 52cm - 34.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Hannah Roisin
    Baby's Website: working on it...
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic):
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced due to PIH at term, 19 hour labour, failure to progress due to insufficient pelvis size, emergency C Section.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: ~Shimona~
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 24/05/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 5lb (2290g) Length - 49cm Head Circ - 33 cm
    Baby Name: Zachary Christopher (Zac)
    Baby's Website: Temp site: www.chitna.ath.cx/zac/index.html
    Health Concerns: None now - just low birth weight. Visit to the Child Health Nurse last Wednesday he weighed in at 7lb2oz
    Notes: Born 00:55am on due date - low birth weight and cord around neck a couple of times but no problems arising from that.

Forum Name: *Shannon*
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 25th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -7lb10oz (3460g); Length - 50cm; Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Jessalyn Adara Reid
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Multiple birth defects affecting her genitals, bowels, spinal cord and vertabrae. Also has liver disease (neonatal hepatitis).
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 days overdue, natural delivery.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Angel
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 25 May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3040g (6lb 10oz) Length - 51cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby Name: Kynan Gunter
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babywriggles
    Health Concerns: mild reflux
    Notes: Induced at 37w5d due to high BP and Kynan not moving well or practicing his breathing properly.

Forum Name: Serendipity (Belinda)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 26/05/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7pound 1 ounce Length -54cms Head Circ -34cms
    Baby Name(s): Mason (still deciding middle name)
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none so far (touching wood)
    Notes: 1 day early, they said he was a touch overcooked

Hello hello hello!! Its so hard witht he new thread to remember what everyone was saying in the last one!!

Well after bragging that my little girl was being so good, it all ran out. D'OH!!! She only catnapped all day yesterday, which just made her cranky bums. I dont think it helped when I closed her little finger in a clasp - boy did she scream!! Its not like I did it on purpose.....

Trish - great to hear that Tehya is doing so much better. You keep that sniffle at bay alright??

Deb - Jenna has always been a snuffler at night, and when she's feeding. I'm sure its the milk that goes up her nose, but this morning I pulled out some big boogers. Hmmm - hope shes not catching a cold too!!
    Fingers crossed Gabby gets better real soon. And as for the boobies - I'm saving my nip and tuck for when I'm a depressed 40 year old!!

I can't remember who else had posted and what was said - dill brain.

So I'll leave it at that and check in later. Shane is up with Jenna haivng a cuddle. We are determined to get her to sleep a little more today!!!

Righto - back to it!
    Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - that's a bummer that Jenna has reverted back to cat napping. Maybe jet-lag did her the world of good? LOL @ saving your nip and tuck for when you are a depressed 40 yo.

Rather quiet today guys! I expected to have a whole lot to catch up on.

We had mother's group this morning. We only just got there. One of those mornings. Gabby slept until 8am so by the time she did her morning routine, she was ready to go to sleep at 9:15am but we had to be at mother's group at 10am. Grrrr. I got there early to get her to sleep. She slept for probably half an hour then cried throughout the video. She was a bit of a grumble bum so I fed her earlier than usual. We had all the babies on the floor at one stage so a few of us took photos. Thankfully I had left my camera in the nappy bag from last night so I got a couple of pics too. They will be good to look at as our babies get bigger.

Gezz it's been Quiet!!

Deb, great to hear your weekend went well. Sorry to hear Gab has a bit of a sniffle, hopefully that is all it is. Violet has a bit of a sniffle a couple of weeks ago, but it amounted to nothing.... thankfully! Speaking of that my sore thoat went away...yay! I ended up getting a runny nose, but that only lasted for 2 days!

Fi, at least you had one good day!! I hope those catnaps don't last long

Violet had a weird night!! She just didn't want to go to bed last night... have no idea why??? I ended up cracking it with her and left her for Wato... lol

Hope you are all well

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL - good onya Tanya! It's great that you can do that with Wato. I don't think Neil would be much help if Gabby was really cracking it. I heard him on the monitor just yesterday. She was crying while he was trying to listen to his precious Seinfeld (on DVD mind you - so he can watch it any time!). He was saying "Shut up! I am trying to hear the TV!!" and getting all frustrated. I told him "Welcome to my world" LOL.
    Good to hear your throat got better. It's always good when the onset of a cold turns out to be a false alarm, hey?

Deb, We were alays told to be quiet for the tv... so I refuse to let it be more important than my kids... But sleep on the other hand ..lol

Tanya

Well I can sympathise with you on the catnapping Fi. Jacob has decided that is what he is doing at the moment, just after we get used to his little routine, he ups and changes it grrrr.

Deb sounds like you had a good time at your mums group. That's one I miss living here. Our Health Centre only has a group for "young 1st time mums" - hmmmm I definitely don't qualify there.

Tanya - glad to hear that your throat is better. I'm still sporting a lovely seal bark cough from the cold a few weeks ago that I can't wait to hear the end of.

Well not much else happening here. Looking forward to the school holidays so I can relax a little more in the mornings and keep my OJ's on LOL!

Just a quick note to say that I wont be around too much for a while.

Hayley has been really sick and we have had her at emergency since Monday night, on and off though, they havent kept her in yet, but I am back off there again this morning and I think they might end up keeping her in this time.

Hayley has been projectile vomiting since Monday, and hasnt kept a feed down as yet, have got her on straight formula now, but nothing is staying down. I thought it was just gastro but it isnt getting any better at all and I am soooo tired and feel horrible as there is nothing that I can do to help her.

Anyway, I hope that I will be back to normal next week, fingers crossed. Just need to find the time to wash a zillion loads of yucky clothes now.

will hope to catch up with you all soon

Aww Dinky, I hope Hayley is ok.

Haven't been on much the last few days cos my laptop was AWOL! We used it for music for Amanda's party on Saturday night. That meant that we didn't get it back until mum went to work yesterday. Man was I having withdrawals!!!

Our weekend was good. Zander got a bit cranky on the cruise, but I think that was cos he was tired & we just couldn't get away from the noise. He was great on Sunday at my uncle's party, just a bit over the car with the 2.5hr drive home.

I'm sorry, but I can't remember what anyone has said, aside from Kayla being in hospital (hope your feeling better huni). I'll be back to my usual self after mum's group today.

BTW, thanks for the SMS Deb, good to know you're thinking of us

Dinky, sorry to hear that Hayley is sick. Fingers crossed that she gets better really soon. I take it that the hospital is looking out for dehydration? Thats one of the reasons Tehya ened up on the drip in there, also for antibiotics. If I lived closer I would come and do some washing for you. It's so hard to keep running the household when you have a sick baby, especially one in and out of hospital.

Tanya, glad to hear that your cold didn't get any worse. I wish I could pass Tehya off to Mark like that in the night. His answer to me is that he can't feed her. Like that's all she ever needs doing.

Nat, the whole catnapping thing is the pits isn't it. Tehya has been doing that for ages now. Driving me bloody mad. Hopefully Jacob sorts himself out really soon and gets back to his good sleeping for you.

Deb, sounds like you ha a good time at Mums group. I don't have one either although my midwife has spoken of a morning tea she organising with other mums that have had homebirths so hopefully that becomes true.

Fi, hope that Jenna settles back down for you. At the very least you should think she'll sleep great after the flight back home. Fingers crossed hey.

Sarah, hope you and Zander are doing well. Haven't seen you around for a bit.

Kayla, Mark & Jess, Dee, Lesley, Michelle and all of your bubs, hope that you are all going well and getting lots of sleep.

Tehya has been a little witch the last few days. Not getting alot of sleep out of her and what we do get is VERY broken. Yesterday she was up by 8am and went down around 9pm last night, all through the day she had one big sleep of around 1 hour and a few little catnaps, I think the most she would've had was 2 hours.
    She was soooo grizzly, her teeth are playing up too. In the end I gave her some Bonjela and some Panadol, not surre if it was that or sheer exhaustion that put her to sleep. Of course we were awake again by 12 and then around every 2 hours after it ](*,) if only she would go straight back to sleep after her feeds too.

Oh well, today is another day, fingers crossed it's a better one.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh no, Dinky! I hope Hayley is ok. My thoughts will be with you today.

Sarah - good to hear it was just your computer and not something wrong as to why you haven't posted much. Ikwym about having withdrawals. I hate not having a functional computer when they break down! Thankfully this one seems to be doing ok lately. No worries about the SMS - just checking up!!

Trish - urrgh, you must be bloody exhausted! How did Noah sleep last night? I hope he didn't add to the dramas you were having with Tehya.
    It's a pity that you and Nat don't have a mother's group to go to. Surely they could set up a group for non first-time mums? Just seems a bit unfair if you miss out just because you already have kids.

I dunno why but I was sooooo tired when Gabby woke up this morning. She stirred at 5:30am so I popped the dummy in. Thankfully that gave me another hour. She wasn't really awake - just fussing with her eyes still closed so I figured it wouldn't do any harm to give her a dummy. When I finally got her back down, I went back for a nap myself. I feel better now but I couldn't believe how lethargic I was. Even breaky didn't help! It's not for lack of sleep. I probably need to get off my fat butt and do some exercise - get those endorphins moving around my body again (they are MIA atm, LOL).
    Gonna try and put some more pics up on Gabby's site then I suppose I should do some housework. I suppose......

Dinky, I really hope that Hayley gets through her illness with few more dramas.... I am thinking of you... GET WELL SOON HAYLEY!!

Hey Deb, you sound like oyu are really eager to do that housework...lol!!

Trish, if I could come over for a few hours and look after your crew I would, you poor thing!! I really hope Teyah grows into some better sleeping patterns soon!!

Sarah... We missed you, did you see how few posts there were!!! Glad to here you had a pretty good w/e

Nat you do need a rest...

Looking forward to the school holidays so I can relax a little more in the mornings and keep my OJ's on LOL!
    hehe

Took Violet to get weighed today...she is only 5260g, 59cm and 40.58hc. So she is hovering around the average mark for everything but she is doing pretty well. The nurse told me to put her on her belly more because she is faling a bit behind on lifting herself off the floor, she is supposed to be able to lift herself up to around her nipple line. I try to, but she hates it... oh well, she'll get there .
    Had a bit of a tiff with Wato today... we were about due I suppose lol.

Tanya

Sarah, ikwym about the withdrawls, pretty sad huh.

Deb, I like you need to get off my butt instead of sitting on this puter and start some exercise. I look at other girls and think gee I wish I had a flat tummy like that again. Well it isn't going to bloody happen by itself is it. Guess I was lucky for it to happen straight after Joel and Brandon, Making me work for it this time though.
    What a good girl Gabby was giving you that extra sleep. I soooo wish.

Tanya, thanks sweety. But don't you have enough kiddies on your own hands atm Nothing wrong with having an arguement every so often, it clears the air. Violet is a skinny isn't she, She'll be happy with that when she gets older.

The only thing I like about the school holidays is not having to rush around in the morning. I don't really get to sleep in any extra, the little ones make sure of that.

Noah hasn't gone down for his nap today and I am very over him atm. Tehya had a nap for around 90 minutes this moring and that seems to be her lot. I am exhausted and Mark is going to the State of Origin tonight so he won't even be around to give me some respite.

HMMMM think I might go and buy take away for the kids tonight, One less thing for me to worry about.

Take care
    Trish

Hey all again,

Tanya - hope you and Wato make up quickly! Although Trish is right, sometimes you need a good row to clear the air. As for tummy time - have you tried a massage after the bath, and doing her back as well? Thats the only tummy time Jenna is getting at the moment, although when she rests on our chests she is pushing more and more to have a look around. It makes the times whne she cuddles in nice. Awwww - too sweet huh?

Trish - You are turning me off having any more kids!!! I dont know if I can deal wiht the idea of a toddler and a baby. Although today when I was cuddling Jenna in bed, I thought about you, and have you tried sleeping with one kiddy under each armpit?? Probbaly not something you want to get into the habit of huh?

Dinky - I hope hayley gets better real soon. One of my mums staff had a baby emergency today. Her granddaughter who is only about 4-5 weeks old was sent to hospital today with troubled breathing. Apparently she has been rattling for a couple of weeks, bu today it got worse and in she went. Poor little mite. Is there a problem wiht lactose?? Good luck with the washing. My turn too.....

Nat - glad you are looking forward to the holidays!! I hate shopping when there are holidays on, its so difficult to get through the centres whent here are kids everywhere! As for changing routines - well I guess these guys like to keep us on our toes huh?

Glad to hear the part y was good Sarah. Did you have to stop on the way back or did Zander make the whole trip?? We are off tomorrow for the night, and will be driving for about 4.5 hours each way. Here's hoping Jenna makes it OK.

I bought Jenna the CUTEST pair of shoes today!!! They are little elasticated leather slippers, and they have a Maori motif ont he front. They had all sorts of girly ones, but I decided I like the brown and green ones - very earthy. Anyway, she has had them on all day with her little KIWI outfit, and just looks so cute. I will take a photo or two I think. Have started the scrapbooking pages on bathtime, and they are going pretty well. I will take them into a good shop when I get back and get them to help me with embellishments I think. Also if I show them these ones, hopfully they will let me skip the beginners class. All Mums staff think they are cute, but I think they just are clucky about the baby!

Right - better get back upstairs and check the dinner status. And wash the nappies I spose...

Fi

hey girls,
    another guilty one of not being around much.

dinky, sorry to hear about hayley, i hope she starts to feel lots better soon.

kayla, ouch! i hope its all on the mend now, it sounded really painful! glad to hear phoenix is doing well.

tanya, i hardley ever give chloe any belly time as she starts screaming 5 seconds after i put her there,she is starting to hold her head up for a few mins at a time now though

fi,sorry to hear jenna has gone back to cat napping.

things are going ok, chloe has started to sleep through * touch wood* she slept from 830pm last nite till 3am she still has her cold but she still seems to be going ok.. got the 6 week check on fridayshe is pffically 6 weeks old in 1 hr 10 mins LOL

well off to get ready for a driving lesson with anthony
    ill be back later
    take care,sorry to thos ive missed

Lesley

Debbie Lee Guest

Lesley - hope your driving lesson went well. Yay on Chloe starting to sleep longer. That's great! As for tummy time, Gabby used to hate it too but she is slowly getting used to it. They must just learn to love it like their baths.

Tanya - oh dear on having a tiff with Wato but LOL @ saying you were due for one. It gets like that, hey?

Trish - :hugs: - what more can I say or do?? I've said it before but I wish I lived closer so that I could help you out a little. Good idea on the take away I think!

Fi - those little shoes sound adorable! Can't wait to see little Jenna in them. I bet she will look heaps bigger to me when I see her next! I can't wait to see your scrapping pages. I bet they are 1000 times better than mine! You can teach me a few things!

Haven't had the greatest day today. Lauren came over and Gabby decided to cat nap most of the day so she was a bit of a grumpy-bum for her aunty lozzy. We took some really nice photos tho. Lauren was a bit annoyed that I didn't have very many photos of her holding Gabby (not that it was intended!). So I went nuts and took 36 of them, LOL. She should be happy now!
    Hmm.. I was meant to update her site, wasn't I?? Will try to do that now while she is asleep (however long that lasts!).

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmmmmm weird... my post disappeared then reappeared!! Thus I have edited this one, LOL

Zander rolled over!!!

Yaaaay!!! I've done a post in the woohoo room, so I'll leave it at that in here!

For tummy time, we were given some info on it at mum's group today. Apparently if bub ends up with his/her arms up above their head it's hard for them to move, so they recommended put a rolled up towel under their chest about nipple height. We tried it tonight & Zander stayed on his tummy for a lot longer, that is until he ROLLED OVER!!! Sorry, very excited here!

Yay at big sleeps for Chloe, fingers crossed she stays in that routine for a while. How did your driving lesson go?

We had to stop about an hour into the drive Fi, but only for about 10mins. I hope your big drive goes ok tomorrow. As for the shoes, they sound really funky & who says girls have to have pink girly things all the time?!

It is sad Trish about the withdrawals!! But like I said to Kelly today, I feel like you guys are my extended family

LOL at so few posts when I'm away Tanya, what are you trying to say

Isn't it funny Deb how sometimes you can be exhausted & others not & it just doesn't seem to make a difference how much or little sleep you've had?! Or is that just me 8-[

Well I had better go, talk to you guys tomorrow. Fingers crossed everyone has a sleep through tonight!!! Wishful thinking I know

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast