Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

Default 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

Welcome to the 1 Month to 3 Months thread for May 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

1 Month to 3 Months List - May '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: zola
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 3rd March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 10lb 6oz (4.725kg) - 53cm - 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Sebastian John Raymond
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days early, elective c-section

Forum Name: Trish
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB:8 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3710gm 8lb 2oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Tehya Makenzie
    Baby's Website:www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/trisharae
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Mild Jaundice
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 1 day early, home waterbirth

Forum Name: morv
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 09/03/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2985gm Length - 50cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte Katleen
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 10 days late. Normal delivery

Forum Name: Dinky
    Baby's DOB: 17 March, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2720g - 45cm - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Hayley Nola
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Wind, reflux, nasal congestion
    possible heart problem
    Notes: 5.5wks early emergeny c/s after prom

Forum Name: Tajemi
    Baby's DOB: 20/03/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3730g (8lb 40z) Length - 52cm (21in) Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby Name(s): Violet Crystal
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/insideofme
    Health Concerns: none...yet
    Notes: 40weeks 1day, NVD, breastfeeding

Forum Name: Sarah_H
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 55cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Alexzander David Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/sarah_aaron_baby
    Health Concerns: Reflux
    Notes: 8 days late, 36hr labour which failed to progress ended in c/section

Forum Name: Bieleemorris
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length 50.5cm- Head Circ - TBA
    Baby Name(s): Gabrielle Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlenobba/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Emergency C-Section after baby showed signs of distress. The cord was wrapped around her neck!!

Forum Name: mum5boyz
    Baby's DOB: 04/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3780g 51cm 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Jacob Philip Thomas
    Baby's Website: www link under my name
    Notes: 8 days late

Forum Name: LumpyLove
    Baby's DOB: 8/04/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight -8lbs 14 oz Length 53cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    [b]Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Pheonix Skylar
    Baby's Website: working on it
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) high temps
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 weeks late

Forum Name: Fi
    Baby's DOB: 11th April 2005, 23:09
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3450g- Length 53.5cm - Head Circ 34.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Jenna Morine
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/spuddw/
    Health Concerns: None so far.....
    Notes: 11 days late, Induction, persistant occiput posterior malpresentation, forceps delivery

Sorry guys, forgot what I've read already!

I do wrap Zander Tanya, but he manages to escape sometimes - little houdini he is LOL!!

How scary is this - 7 weeks old & I think he's teething :shock: Poor bubba has been crying in pain, dribbling like crazy, sucking/chewing on everything and has a little white, rough spot on his gum. We tried to get some bonjela for him, but you can't use it until 4 months #-o So he's had baby panadol for the very slight fever and the pain which seems to be working.

Hey Sarah - Matty is going through that now as well, they say that there is movement there, although the teeth won't pop through. Matthew goes through so many bibs just from dribble!

Be back later for a catch up - we are off to MHCN and some shopping today.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - Gabby has been dribbling a lot lately too. Mum commented on it on Sunday night and she said it looks like she is teething! OMG! We have always been able to see two little white bumps on her gum since she was born. Mum was shocked. As both Neil's parents are gone, I can't ask them how early he and his brothers started teething. I honestly thought I would have months before I had to go through all of that stuff! I wrap Gabby in a polar-fleece blanket - maybe you could try it with Zander? I find the bunny rugs are too small (except for the one Fi made me I use that when it is a little too warm for polar-fleece). The dom nurse told me not to use polar fleece but Gabby sleeps SO much better and she can't escape. I swaddle her right up and even with her squirming, it is a bit of a wrestle to get her out of the thing in the mornings. It keeps her lovely and warm too! You mother's group sounds interesting! I doubt they will do a similar thing with us. There is only 2 MCHN's @ our centre and one of them is only part-time. Damn! I am with Fi, a couple of hours off would be nice AND I will shout it from the rooftops cos I DO mean it, LOL.

Fi - LOL @ not bothering to dress Jenna up for her photos. Hardly seems worth it sometimes, hey? Esp. when you have those clothes that do up at the back or are a real struggle to get on. They may look cute but, damn, they are a pain in the bum!

Tanya - I like the wondersuits for bed too. I love how they are so snug. I do think they look like baby PJs tho so I try not to dress her in one when we go out in public. Isn't that funny. I go out looking like death warmed-up in trackies and whatever top I can find that covers my flabby belly yet Gabby has to look like a gorgeous little princess, LOL.

Nell - have a good trip to the MCHN today. I hope Matty has stacked it on! Enjoy your shopping!

We had a shocker last night. SOOOOO windy. Neil gave her a bath because I was just so over it. I had to dress her tho because he still isn't confident getting her in and out of body-suits. As it is it took him a good while to undress her. I stayed out of it but it looked pretty awkward, LOL. It's good that she loves being nudey now tho. That way Neil can do something where she isn't screaming or sleeping.
    Well, she is napping atm. She was sooooooo smiley this morning for her feed. I even got a smile between cries when I went in to pick her up. Normally I just get crying cos she is soooooo hungry. When I first put her back down, she slept for about 30 minutes then woke up with wind again! Grrr! I gave her some gripe water and cuddled her back to sleep so that seems to have worked for now. It doesn't matter how well I burp her, the wind seems to always wake her up during the day.
    I was reading Kid Wrangling last night and I noticed that she advised not to shake the bottle before feeding formula because it can create air bubbles and cause wind. So I will remember that. She says just to turn it upside down 10 times. She also said not to heat bottles in the microwave 8-[ It's just way too convienient rather than waiting for the bottle to heat up in warm water (though I do that with EBM cos I know the microwave destroys that). Ah well, she only has 1 bottle of formula so it's not gonna matter so much I don't think!
    Go to go to the paediatrition (sp??) today about her murmur. I am not so worried about it since stacks of people said that it's quite common in babies her age. I hope it doesn't cost me too much. I should have asked when I made the appointment. Ah well!

D'oH Deb! I was going to see if you wanted to go for a walk with me today! I'll still call, cause you might be able to fit it in, although I know whats its like to have to much to do in a day.

I'm very sad - Mums gorgeous cat was killed last night on the road outside their house. She had been missing for about 3 days, and I had told Mum to go calling for her lots and lots. It seems that she was killed on the way home as it was just over the road. Poor Mum. Its a really busy road, and its soooo hard losing a cat that way. Skye was a sister to Flora, and they were about a year old. Absolutely gorgeous tonkinese kitties, and such affectionate personalities. It will hit mum pretty hard I think.

Sarah - our MCHN suggested wrapping babies in cot sheets? I have finally taught Shane how to wrap Jenna so she doesn't wiggle out of it. She sleeps far more soundly when wrapped well, although gets much more upset when she wakes up. Or the other option is getting to Spotlight and buying a couple of metres of flannelette of the bolt. My bunny rugs are all about 1.2x1.4, and as Deb says, they are a great size.

Tanya - I use lots of all in one suits, but I just dont like the feeling of a wondersuit IYKWIM? The fabric grates me a little, a bit like fingers on a chalk board. Silly, but there you go. We were given so many all-in-ones, so I have plenty to choose from. Funnily enough, my least favourite are the pumpkin patch ones that dont button all the way up the front. Also, I find their ones under the crotch have to be fastened a thte back, as opposed to the front. Its a real pain in the butt!!

We went out to do the photos yesterday for the passport - it only took 7 shots to get her face front on. Girls - if you have to get these shots done, definitly take two people. And make sure she is in a good mood! Her eyes had to be forward, , face forward, eyes open, no smiles or open mouth, no dummy, OMG!! She was lain down on the floor on a piece of cardboard, so it was a real fat photo. Afterwards we went to the Run Scotty Run outlet, and I bought a couple of clothes for 6-12 months (Size0). Their stuff is normally so expensive, but I bought the on sale stuff - down from about $70 for a vest to about $25. SOOOOOO cute! I can't wait til she is big enough to wear them.

Righto - better get breakkie organised as she is waking up. She went straight down for a nap this morning! YAY! So did Mum!!

Hope everyone else is OK - Trish, Kayla, Nat, Nell etc. You have all been a little quiet!
    Fi

Fi!! I am so sad for your mum!! What a terrible thing to happen.... I hope your mum is ok.

Good luck today Deb, I am sure it will be nothing. Apparently I had a murmur when I was a baby too, and now it aint the heart to worry about it's the brain j/k...

I wrap Violet in a muslin wrap, I don't want to overheat her, I have found her sweating in that sometimes. I have found that when I wrap her to put her at one end of the wrap so the other end will wrap around her almost twice... sometimes she gets her arms out but not very often

I had a lot of trouble getting her to sleep last night, ended up getting her to sleep around 2am, but she slept til 9:30

Tanya

Just got back from the Drs cos my poor bubba just got worse overnight Dr says that his ears are a bit yucky, so either he is teething (all of their passages swell when teething) or he's getting an ear infection. So he gave me different baby panadol (for 1yr +) and told me to make sure he has it every 4hrs for the next two days. I also have to check his temp each hour for this afternoon & if it goes up I have to race him down to the Drs to get checked out again. So fun fun here!!

Good thinking on wrapping Violet that way so it goes round twice Tanya, I might just try that. Yuck at not getting much sleep last night, fingers crossed tonight is better.

Awww Fi, your poor mum. It's so sad when a pet dies Totally agree with you on the PP suits, the crotch snaps are such a pain at the back. OMG at the passport photos, hope you didn't have to pay for all of those.

Zander is the same as Gabby Deb - he's had two white bumps since he was born, just now one of them is more obvious. Oh no at Gabby being windy again last night. When you make her bottle, just heat the water in the microwave then add the formula to warm water - that's what I do. The reasoning behind it is that there can be hot spots which can burn bubs mouth if it's not mixed up.

Hi Girls,

It's not that I've been quite my whole post that I posted yesterday afternoon has disappeared???? It actually posted twice and it wouldn't even let me delete one of them for some strange reason. I'm still having problems too. For some reason my curser is about 10 spaces ahead of where I am typing so I have to try not to look at the screen or I get confused. LOL.

Sarah, hope that Zander is ok and that the panadol works for him. What is it with these new babies that want to start teething. I think Tehya is the same, dribbling heaps, chewing on her hands or anything that goes near her mouth for that matter.I brought wraps from Babies Galore and they are huge. There muslin ones so they are light enough to wrap them up and still put them under their blankies in bed.

Fi, sorry to hear about your Mums cat. What a pain in the butt with the passport pics, I knew they we strict but thats ridiculous.

Deb, so to hear that you had a bad night. Have you thought about what you have been eating??? Remember what you eat affects your milk. Anything that makes alot of wind like peas, beans, cauliflower, pumpkin that sort of stuff can all upset her tummy. Hope all goes well for Gabby today at the Drs.

Tanya, I think I may have gotten a few spots too now come to think of it. Stupid hormone see. Looks like Violet is making up for all of those good sleeps she's been having. Hope tonights a better one for you.

Went out shopping today with Mum- AGAIN. I went into Myres and got Tehya a little navy pinaford(sp?)it's soo cute. I wanted it last week adn it was priced at $24.95 normally. Today it was marked down to $16.95 and then reduced by 25% for the sale and I got it for $12.71, Also got her a pair of pants and a top, all of it cost $31. Spewing though because I got her some stuff last Thursday night and paid full price for it all and now the sale is on ](*,)

She is sleeping atm in her rocker, was pretty good last night but decided to stay awake at 5 am and have a chat for about 40mins. Again another day of catnaps again. She is sleeping well now and I will have to disturb her soon to go and get Noah. Always the way.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - yay on getting the Pinafore so cheap. My friend just emailed me saying that she got a whole bunch of stuff on sale at Myer too! Lucky I don't go by there much or else I might end up spending money I don't have, hehe. I do think that Gabby's wind is from what I eat but I don't know the specific cause. I was windy myself yesterday (fartin' like a trooper!) so it stands to reason that she was windy too. Fi and I were talking about it today and it's just so hard to know exactly what the cause is. A healthier diet on my part will more than likely help as I have been a shocker! Poor Tehya having to fit around everyone elses schedule, hey? Still, that's probably what will make her a cruisey little child as she gets older. The younger ones just kind of have to put up with sharing Mum's time.

Tanya - bummer that Violet took so long to go down to sleep but at least she had a great sleep when she did, hey? Good job!

Sarah - poor little Zander! I hope the different panadol helps. Gosh, you must be so over giving him medicine! My wisdom teeth sometimes give me the irrates so I can only imagine what teething feels like for babies. It has gotta suck! I tried a muslin wrap but Gabby kept getting out of it. It was a second hand one tho.

Gabby's heart murmur seems to have gotten better. The Dr. said that he could hear it but only very faintly. He said either it has gotten better over the last week or it may be louder at certain times. Either way, he said it was so minor that it wasn't even worth the medical student that was with him to listen to it because she wouldn't know what she was listening for. He wants to see her again when she is 5 months old but otherwise he thinks she is just fine. So not to worry! $150 later, I was out the door in less than 20 minutes. Quickest and most expensive Dr. visit I have been on! Lucky we get $100 of that back from medicare.
    She was so funny during the consult. She had a merry old time chatting to the Dr. while he was listening to her heart then she was smiling and talking to me while I was trying to listen to him. He laughed because he could see I was only half listening while she was being so damn cute. Needless to say she cracked it the moment we walked out the door! Typical! She's nice for the complete strangers.
    She is napping again now so we are having a good day. Still windy but I have been making sure I give her a little gripe water straight after each feed with her dummy. It seems to help her drift off to sleep and stay asleep a little better.

One of Hanna's friends is doing photography and is going to come out and take some pictures of Gabby on the 29th so that will be good. She is still nice and little so I want to copy you, Trish. Do you mind if I show her the photo of Mark and Tehya?

Hi again,
    Yay for Shane!! They are having a little nap in bed together, so I got the dishes done, the nappies on, dinner organised, and I still have some time for me! Yeeha!

Trish - great score on the sale stuff. There is an outfit I really, really want at Run Scotty Run, I've been in love with it for about 3 months, but I'm going to wait until it goes on sale and buy it then. I can't afford it full price (It would be about $300......) It is a little velvet pink/purple set with trousers, jacket and dress, and it has these big beautiful ribbons on it. OMG - so cute!!! What size do you buy to get the most wear out of an outfit? 1 or 2?? It will be one of those special sets that will become a family heirloom.

Deb - yay on the dr's, although that is pretty expensive. I'm surprised that it wasn't covered on the public system. At least she's healthy though right?? And as for behaving in public - yep, know that feeling too. Oh well, it means that otehr people get good quality giggles with her huh.

Tanya - that is still apretty good haul for Violet - 7hrs!! I would kill for 7 hrs. What do you do with your bbs though? Do you have to express? If I go more than 5 hrs, I am absolutely dying! They go into spontaneous dripping.

Sarah - I hope zander is juts getting some teething action adn hasn't got an ear infection. Wouldn't that add to your problems!! I hope the special panadol does the trick.

Well Mum is completely miserable. Shes decided she is never getting a cat again - which is kinda silly, cause she loves animals. when my cat died about 2 years ago now, I was devastated - she was the nicest, nicest cat. But I'm over it now, so hopefully Mum will move on. The sad thing is her older boxer Beau who is her absolute darling, is 10 years old, and porbably only has another year or so in him. That will break her heart!!

Yay - got the maternity payment today. What a shame its all to cover mortgage payments. I also went for a walk, I'm determined to start toning up this tummy, and she bloody grizzled the whole way!! I thought babies were supposed to like the bumps of a pram?

Fi

Of course I don't mind Deb. I have some other ones of us with her that we got taken too if you want me to put them on for you to look at. BTW I think chocolate is a killer for wind in babies. Good to hear that Gabby is ok too. Shame about the money side of it though.

Fi, I guess it depend on what sort of weather the outfit is suitable for. I got Tehya some size 1 stuff today that was on sale in Big W for next summer. I think that I would go a 1 though.
    Tehya was whingy today while we were out shopping too, don't these babies read the baby handbook, you'd think they'd know that they're supposed to like it.

Tehay has slept for of the afternoon \/ looove that. She woke up not long ago having a scream so I gave her some bb and then she did a poo and has crashed beakc out. Haven't even gotten to change it yet she is asleep in my arms atm. I will give her 5 more minutes then stir her. I hate her sleeping with a dirty bum.
    I organised with a gf to go scrapping tonight but I am sooooo tired. Top it off it is cold and drizzling here. I wish Tehya would take a bottle occasionally that way I could go out without her.

OMG just heard on the news that a guy has been doing the rounds of the local schools trying to pick up kids. Quite a few schools too. Bloody sicko.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey Trish - have you tried getting someone else to try and give Tehya a bottle? Maybe she just won't take it from you?

Damn... Gabby is crying... will be back to finish my post!

Debbie Lee Guest

Ok.. she's back down again for goodness knows how long.

Trish - that would be great if you could put those other pics up. Plus, I wanna have a sticky beak at them too

Fi - yay for Shane having a nap with Jenna. It makes you feel so much better when you get a little bit of time to get yourself organised. Don't you think housework has taken on a whole new meaning now that you can't do it whenever you want to?? LOL I go nuts when Gabby is asleep or if someone else is holding her wheras before I would just leave the house messy until I could be bothered. Your poor Mum It's so rotten when pets die - especially before their time. They are part of the family so it's very hard to let go!

Gabby slept well again last night. 11pm-5am when she stirred but I didn't run into her and she went back to sleep until 7:30am sleeping through all of Neil's noise. Do boys not know how to tip-toe or close doors?? Urrgh! I expressed again while I was feeding and got another 90mls out of one boob. I could have got more but I thought that I better leave some behind for her, LOL. Either way, I have almost filled one ice-cube tray. Hopefully that is at least 1 bottle's worth. Gosh it's hard work!

No sleep & crying baby make Sarah something something...... Simpsons fans will understand!

Yay on your purchases Trish. We're lucky to afford the groceries at the moment let alone new clothes for Zander That's great that Tehya had a good sleep yesterday aftrnoon - I wish!

That sounds good about getting Hanna's friend to take some photos for you Deb - much cheaper too. Yay at Gabby's heart murmur being better, my brother was the same. LOL at her crying once you left - Zander was smiling & chatting to one of the burses yesterday when we were at the Drs, I told her I wanted to take her home with me! Yay for the expressing going so well as well.

Yay for Shane having a nap with Jenna so you could get some things done Fi. The outfit you want sounds really cute. We have to get something nice for Zander for my sister's 21st in a few weeks, I'm letting her pick it though cos she is very fussy - it will have to compliment her outfit for photos LOL!!

To explain my first sentence - Homer says in an episode of the Simpsons "No beer & no TV make Homer something something" Marge replies "go crazy?" and he says "Don't mind if I do" and proceeds to go nuts!!! That's how I feel right now with 4hrs sleep. The poor little monkey is crying alot & wants his bottle every 4hrs but takes about 1.5hrs to get to sleep after it ](*,) At the moment though he has been playing under his Fisher Price toy for about 15mins which has given me the chance to catch up.

Went shopping last night & left Zander with mum just to get out of the house & away from the screaming! Finally went to BNT to use the vouchers my sister gave me for my birthday - I bought 2 bras & matching underwear for $103, I spent $3 on it LOL!!! Got myself sized & I've gone from a 12B to a 14C.

You poor thing Sarah - I've started just giving Jenna to Shane when I'm really tired and saying "you get her down". I've also started handing her to him in bed at 3am. He doesn't sleep well, but its not forever, and its not like he has a hard day at work or a long drive, so he can just bloody deal with it. As for the shopping - yay on the bras! I am desperate to get some new underwear, but I figure I may as well wait until I have lost a bit more weight and my bb have stopped leaking. Jenna is crying aloth too, but I'm happy to say that after the weekend (that was filled with too much chocolate and pickled onions.....) her tummy is settling down a little. Not as much chuck (still get covered occasionally though) and the windiness is a little better. She still screams though, and its so hard!

Good idea about the bottle Deb - maybe you smell too good Trish? My SIL has her 2mth old in daycare once a week, and on the first day she wouldn't take her EBM bottle. SIL response - if she's hungry, she'll cope, and she'll learn to take it! Tough medicine, but maybe something in it?

Deb - I reckon every ice-cube is about 12.5mls in my tray. I'm up to 5 feeds in the freezer now, which is great. We have a basketball match next weekend, so I could take a bottle and have a couple of drinks maybe? It seems liek a waste though, I'd rather just escape for 20mins and feed her at half time. Sorry I mucked you around today. Jenna is sound asleep now, and I have to change my shirt cause she chucked all over me! But at least I get a chance to chill, have lunch and do a bit of a tidy up. Next time!!

Trish - I'm with you on the pooey nappy. I can't put her down if her nappy is more than about 1 hr old, or I think I've felt a poo. Mum said that nappy rash is nasty, and I'd rather avoid it. I probably change the nappies to often, but I dont mind when its a cloth one. Now that I have a dozen nappies in use, I'm washing every day, and I actually dont have to use any disposables!! But we have 30 or so newborn ones to use up, so I guess I had better use them at some point.
    Still haven't decided if we should take cloth or disposables to NZ in a month.

Well I might do some housework now - for a change!! I'm dying to clean the floors and the bathroom, but I am acutally up to date on washing. I need to do some sewing too, and of cours esome study. Grrrrr.

Fi

Well Zander is asleep so I'm going to join you in the housework Fi. I know I know I should get some sleep, but the house is a disaster & I just can't handle it anymore. That's good of Shane to take Jenna at 3am, I'd love to do that with Aaron. Problem is he's up at 5.30am and doesn't get home until about 6.30pm so I can't really expect him to be up during the night IYKWIM.

Debbie Lee Guest

I am so glad that Jenna went down for a nap for you, Fi. Don't apologise for today. Like I said, it could have just as easily been me messaging you to say that I couldn't make it. You can't help it if Jenna is having a yuk day. Glad you are able to get all your washing done tho. It must be heaps easier with a few more nappies to play with. I am with you and Trish on the nappies too. I change Gabby every feed whether I feel anything or not. The only time she has a nappy on for a long time is over night. The huggies are so great tho that there's never any leaks just a very full, heavy nappy. No sign of nappy rash so she must be ok.

Sarah - you must feel like a zombie after only 4 hours. Honestly, I thought bottle-fed babies were meant to sleep better?? Poor little Zander. And poor you! I hear you on not being able to afford much else than the regular stuff. Sometimes I dream about being super rich and hiring a nanny and being able to buy all that I want. Then, I wonder "Would I really be any happier?". Maybe just a little I completely understand why you want to get some housework done instead of sleep. If you are anything like me, you won't get much sleep during the day n e way. When people tell you to not worry about the housework it's easier said than done (esp. when you have a hubby like mine that has no concept of cleaning as he goes or helping me out just a little!!). Sometimes you feel better getting the dishes done than you would have if you slept for an hour. Gabby never stays asleep when I try to nap n e way. It's the days that I don't need a nap that she sleeps for hours :roll:

I just made some scones and ate about half of them, LOL. So much for improving my diet!!
    We are going to the mortgage broker this arvo to see if we can get a better deal on our home loan and improve things a little. I am soooooo hoping we can walk out of there with the promise of a new car but I doubt it! Ah... patience is a virtue, right??

As the day has worn on I'm surprisingly feeling a bit better - must have got my second wind LOL!! I've managed to clean the kitchen & put a load of washing on and that's it. Zander keeps waking up crying, but finally I think he might be out for the count.

Yup me too Deb on thinking bottle fed babies sleep better - I guess we were wrong! Maybe a nanny for 1 night a week would be good That way we would get 1 good nights sleep & be ok for the rest of the week. Good luck with the mortgage broker this afternoon. You never know you might end up with a new car and a nanny - you can only dream LOL!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast