Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, October 05

Default 1 Month - 3 Months, October 05

Welcome to the 1 Month to 3 Months thread for September 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

1 Month to 3 Months List - October '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.4)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl BOY
    Baby Name(s): Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Melody
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 4.13k / 9lb 1oz
    Baby Name(s): Hunter Karl
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/melodyandrew/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:Vaginal Birth

Forum Name: Yvette
    State: Vic
    Babies' DOB: 24th August 2005
    Babies' Stats: Weight – Asha 3075g/6lb 12, Lauren 2670g/5lb 14 Length – Asha 48cm, Lauren 47cm
    Head Circ -Asha 35cm, Lauren 33.5cm
    Gender of Babies: Identical twin girls
    Baby Name(s): Asha Frances & Lauren Rose
    Babies' Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/twingirlslb/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: induced by arm at 38 weeks 2 days, normal vaginal birth

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: kitten2b
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum Name: Custardtart
    Baby's DOB: 7th September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4.565 kg/ 10lb 1oz Length - 53.5 cm Head Circumferance: 37cm
    Baby Name(s): Max Zachariah
    Baby's Website: -
    Health Concerns: jaundice, had 48 hours phototherapy in hospital and needs to be fed every four hours to maintain fluids. Fortunately, this is his regular sleeping/waking pattern since birth!
    Notes: Induced due to hypertension four days early, after 24 hours of labour tried for forceps delivery as he was presenting slightly posterior, ended up with an unplanned C-section.

Forum Name: sfischer
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 12th September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3260g / 51cm / 34cm
    Baby Name(s): Stephanie Kristina
    Baby's Website: None
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Born at 37 weeks and 2 days, 2.5 hr labour, no problems feeding, beautiful little baby.

Forum Name: ellibugs
    State: S.A
    Baby's DOB: 14th September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4.160-53cm-36cm
    Baby Name(s): Makon Tomack
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: induced 2xgels, ARM, Drip, Lots of gas, Vag birth (cant really call it natural) episiotomy and major tear.

name:kirsty77
    State:Qld
    Babies DOB: 15th September 2005
    Babies stats: weight-8ib13oz 4.010gm length-52cm head circ-34cm
    Baby name:gemma louise
    Baby's website:www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gemmalouise
    Health concerns:none
    Notes:Was induced with gel due to me being 7 days overdue.23 hours of labour that wasn't progressing past 9cm dilation due to my pelvis being to small to birth her.Resulted in an emergency c/s.

Forum Name: Barley1 (tracey)
    Baby's DOB: 20th September 2005
    Baby's Stats:8lb1ounce, 50cm, 34cm
    Baby Name(s): Indah Rose
    Baby's Website: in my signature....
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Breast feeding & doing well

Forum Name: Pearl
    Baby's DOB: 20th September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4.00kg (8lb 13oz) Length - 52cm Head Circ - can't remember - does 32cm sound too big?
    Baby Name(s): James Finn
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 4 days overdue, induced then born by emergency c/s

Forum Name: nixie
    Baby's DOB: 23rd September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 6oz, Length - 48.5cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Reilly Matthew
    Baby's Website: not yet!
    Health Concerns: nothing so far (fingers crossed)
    Notes: 4 days late, born after 7 hours of progressing labour (he had been a bit stop-start for about 8 hours prior), had gas, pethadine and epidural, ended up with a small tear requiring 2 stitches. Apgar of 9 and 9. Left hospital after 34 hours.

Forum Name: Divvy
    Baby's DOB: 27th September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 9lb 7oz (4280gms), Length - 51.5cm Head Circ - 37.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Edward William John (Ned)
    Baby's Website: like hello....
    Health Concerns: nup
    Notes: was attempting vbac, but after 8 days overdue and nothing happening, turned into a c/s...

Catch up on what was going on in the last thread found HERE

Love

OOOPs! Somehow I am in here twice... But hey that's OK!!!

Soph, I agree feed her no more than 4 hourly & if she wants more, by all means give it!!!!
    But you know it is true, that noone could do as good a job as you for little Lucie, as you are her Mum & I swear 100% Mothers Know Best!!!
    So don't doubt yourself.... Your doing marvellously!!!

Thanks Kirsty... I agree I'd have another tomorrow!!! Just gotta find extra $$$$'s!!!!

Ah Tracey you can't say nice things like that - it makes me cry! I swear I'm so much more emotional since being pg!

Kirsty - I really don't want to go on the pill again and DH and I talked about it and have decided not to worry about it! We of course are not actively trying again, but if it happens, then it happens. When AF arrived the other day, I swear DH sounded almost disappointed.

And yay girls, we must be chatting up a storm to open up another thread. I did notice a heap of ladies though are meant to be in here - hope you are all ok!

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning..............

You girls have made me feel better about wanting more kids so soon!I'm also not going back on the pill as I have PCOS but am hopeing that after being pregnant that it may have corrected itself!I can only hope!

Has anyone heard from Yvette?I hope her and the girls are alright.

I agree Tracey, I'd have another straight away if money would allow!Its just so expensive having a baby.Its the nappies and because Gemma is on formula its $20(if only my boobies worked!), its like $50 on top of your weekly grocery bill! Oh and Gem's in the infant girl nappies now 4-8kg!SHe no longer fits her newborn size as of a week ago!SO cute!I can't beleive shes in big girl nappies!Shes just growing so quick, I guess before I know it she'll be 3 months old!I just know I'm gonna miss these days of her being so little!

Wow Kirsty - Gemma really is a big girl! Are you using the Baby Love nappies? I got some of those ones the other day 'cos they were on special. Usually use Huggies but thought I'd give them a go. Hope the PCOS has done a vanishing act too for you.

I use cloth nappies & after the initial purchase of them & the nappy soak etc, they are relatively cost free! Also glad to be breastfeeding for the cost of formula...
    But as I earn much more than DH & having just bought a house & a Harley ](*,) I guess I have to go back to work, luckily this 6 months off is with full pay, as we get 3 months paid mat leave & then I had 13 wks annual leave owing, so that's fine, but have to be back at work 12 months to be able to get paid mat leave again, so then we will look at trying again as of July next year & then I will take 6 months at 1/2 pay... Then back to work again... No more kiddies after that either!!!

But yep I am itching to have more!!!!

Yeah I do... Hmmm, wonder whom it could have been? I hope the little girl is alright!
    We went in to work a couple weeks ago, Maddy was still on holidays & walked out with a showbag full to the brim, I have given most away coz it tends to just sit here!

Ah well back from the paed.
    The good news is that munchkin weighed in at 4530. Which is an increase from 4270 last Tuesday so I am happy with that.
    We still have to continue with the Losec for another week. If there is no improvement in Lucie's eating then, we have a prescription for some formula called Neocate - lactose free stuff I think, as the paed thinks that this might be the cause of her bottle refusal. Then if that doesn't work we could be looking at another 2 week hospital stint, when she will be tube fed and then relearn to eat again if she associates eating as a traumatic thing. I really [-o< we don't have to go to this last option. So now at each feed time I am going to try and be really calm, relaxing and reassuring, so she begins to enjoy eating more. Poor little thing. I think I need to go and cry.

Oh Fletch that's really started me off now! I just feel so terrible that she has to go through this and last time she was tube fed it just broke my heart. And I know that in the scheme of things there are thousands of babies with far worse things wrong than feeding issues, but it still really hurts. I really hope we don't have to go down that path. Over the weekend I am going to really try and relax with her and not force her to take any more than she wants to, and then hopefully she will realise it's not soooo bad to eat. I am also going to try and get DH to be the one to give her her medicine, because she really hates that. And then hopefully she won't associate feeds with the yucky medicine too much.

Thank you all so much for all your support. You don't know how much it means to me!

Ah Fletch you truly are wonderful. Thank you.
    Spoke to DH who put it in perspective a bit - yes she is putting on weight which is great, now we just have to hope she starts to enjoy eating.

Kirsty77 Guest

Awwww Fletch your making me teary too!I agree its group hug time! C'mon everyone has to join in....you girls are my lifeline and are a huge support........

Soph-You are a great mummy!Don't ever doubt yourself.Sounds like you have an absolutely wonderful and supportive hubby!He's hid the nail on the head with that advice!

Fletch-Yep $20 for formula.Its the s26 gold brand...the brain food one LOL!I knew that movie probably wouldn't get a rave reveiw!It looks okay, but my sister is really picky and I like anything, even c-grade type movies!!!!!!

Better go my little munchkin is waking up.................

Hello lovely ladies

Soph thats a great weight gain for little Lucie...clever little chicken isnt she...hope she starts enjoying her feed times now.

Kirsty the infant sized nappies seem heaps bigger dont they. I can remember when i put Sammy in them for the first time thinking they were so big. I havent found any other nappies other than huggies that dont leak yet...mmm. Snugglers were the worstl...he was wet all up his back poor little darling.

Trace thats great you have paid maternity leave. Sounds like you have it all planned out. Hows gorgeous Indah going?

Fletch i agree about the movie..and wasnt it long..at then end i needed the toilet really badly and just wanted it to finish. Im going next week to see the diane lane one..must love dogs i think its called...hopefully thats better.

Well my darling little boy and I had a shopping expedition and coffee with a friend today. He was so well behaved little darling..smiling at everyone. Arent the bubby clothes in Target just gorgeous at the moment. Well Sammy has just woken up and is sounding hungry so got to go..talk soon

Jo

Kirsty77 Guest

Fletch-just wanted to say that I read your post in the PND forum that Kelly posted.You have the biggest heart hun.I was balling my eyes out reading it!You really are a sweetie.

Jo gee-Yeh the huggies infant nappies are huge!Or rather look it.Gem does fit them though and I didn't think she ever would!Your right about the huggies nappies being the only ones that don't leak, I think I've tried every brand so far and huggies is the only ones I'm sticking with!And you've got me so jealous that Sammy is sooo smiley!I can't wait till Gemma is like that!

Hmmm I seem to be really addicted to BB today!Can't seem to stay away!

Sneaking in whilst Dh has gone for a bike ride & I am supposed to be helping DD#1 clean her room, Indah is sleeping...
    Thanks Fletch, maybe the next one will be a boy & a heart breaker, I am gonna make sure he respects women & treats them well, so he will be a good catch!

Soph, just relax & enjoy, if Lucie can feel you stressing she may sense it.. But as I keep saying your doing so well & should be so proud of yourself!!!!

I am gonna joing Fletch: Soph, you are a wonderful mother.

Indah was awake whinging on & off all day yesterday & then I filled her up & put her to bed at 9pm, I went to bed soon after & she woke at 4:30am!!! AAAAh I had woke & my boozies were bursting, hot, hard & squirting!!! She had some & went back to bed & then woke at 11am!!!! She is now asleep again!!!! We are going out for dinner tonight, so hopefully she will stay awake a bit this afternoon, so when we get home from dinner she will crash!!!! I had to express as my boozies were burst & got 120ml from each boob & that's not emptying them! So put 2 bottles in freezer!!!!

Better go check on the cleaning or lack of!!!!

Ellibam Guest

hi girls
    Soph as long as lucie is having positive wieght gain then its good!

makon put on 300grm in 2 weeks so now he is about 400grms more then his birth weight. and i feed him on demand which during the day can be hourly. but at night he sleeps 9 hours so i guess thats why i have no probs feeding so much during the day!
    Although i think he might be going through a growth spurt cos now every feed i hae to give him both boobs (normally he would just have one at a feed)

we now have the wedding organised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    yayayayayayayayay we got our rings on friday and i just want to wear it! it so beautiful!! (ben wont let me though) Its only 20 days away omg we have been planning it for 2 years

and my best friend(who i didnt think was comming) has come back from the uk which is sooooooo exciting to! she missed being here for makons birth!!
    sorry this is a very selfish post but its been a while! and have so much going on thats not baby stuff!(believe it or not!!!)
    oh yeah im also going to the Bangles concert!!!!!

thanks girls

Wow you ladies are just too wonderful - thank you all - Ellissa, Fletch, Tracey, Kirsty, Jo and everyone! Well I've come to the conclusion atht hospital and 2 weeks of feeding tube is a load of poop. She IS putting on weight and she is still on her growth chart, so there is no major problem I say. She'll start enjoying things eventually. She's growing and that's te main thing, and she's so darn cute!

Fletch - I saw Must Love Dogs and thought it was pretty good. A great no brainer where you can just relax and laugh. My kinda movie! You must be soooo excited about your car!

Ellissa - Wow not long now and you'll be a wife!!! Can't wait to hear all about your big day. How many guests are you having? Is it going to be big?

Tracey - Wow for big bursting boobies!!! It's great you are having so much success with breastfeeding. You should be very proud of yourself.

Kirsty - I get addicted to BB big time too. And DH and I are having a week's trial of no tv what-so-ever, so look out BB! Has Gemma given you many nice smiles lately?

Jo - did you end up buying anything for Sammy from Target?

Anyway looks like it might be another rainy day in Brisbane today. Bugger 'cos I wanted Lucie and I to get out for a walk. We were up at Sunshine Beach for the weekend. It was great to get away.

Anyway have a great day everyone, but I'll be here most of the day anyway hehehehehe

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning.............

Wow Ellissa not long now till the big day!You must be soooo excited!Thats so cool that Makon is sleeping 9 hours a night!Gemma will sleep for up to 7 hours of continuous sleep (I thought that was great).

Tracey-sounds like Indah is a great sleeper too!We seem to have alot of great sleepers in here!

Soph-I've been taking Gemma on long walks too.It great just to get out and the fresh air does her the world of good.And tires her out for the night!

Gemma has started to smile more...mainly just before I'm about to feed her and have her in the bouncer.Not sure if its me or the bottle shes smiling at!!!!!!!!!!!hehehehe!!!!I've updated her website to with more photos of the little cutie.

Well Gemma had another good nights sleep last night.Last bottle was at 7pm then she had her bath with Daddy, then straight to bed and didn't hear a peep out of her till 1am!Then she slept till 6.15am.She seems to have fallen into this pattern which is great.Even got to enjoy my first wine last night in like nearly 2 years, as it was our 4 year anniversary!We forgot it(it was actually thursday!)oops!!!!!

Enjoy your day everyone.............

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast