Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month to 6 Months, December '04

HI girls

My gosh everyone types so fast, just took 1/2 an hour to catch up.

Snowy, when are you going to leave if you go. Is there a chance that they may be better by the time you get together? I would be worried about Wolf getting it to, but it would be sad to miss out on seeing everyone. Maybe they will be not so sick by the time you get there! I'd prob go anyway and just keep theie contact to a minimum if they are still bad.

Hope you have a relaxing holiday kelly and enjoy your return to work. I too am a Peim Teacher and I am taking my 7 yrs family leave, I have 5 left. I worked fulltime when my dd was 5 and my ds was 13 wks and didn't stop working until 2003, when I had dd Jemma (the others were 9 and 4 then) and it is tough, but you cope bc you have to. I understand the not getting time to get online, it's hard enough when you're not working, so have a great xmas and new year and hope all goes well for your family in the coming year.

Oh Christy, graduating already! How sad for us, what's even sadder is all of us will be there before we know it.

Marcia, poor Hudson, hope you come to a happy medium with his feeding/reflux/constipation. Are there are thickeners that you can try, maybe it is just that type that isn't any good!

Michelle, lani and Jessica are pretty similar in size by the sound of it. How old is Lani now? Jessica is 3 and a half months. Rellys keep saying "Look how big you are!" but she isn't big, 50th percentile for height and weight, I don't really care though, sometimes I think people say things about weight cause they don't know what else to say.

Grr at your FIL Lara, some people can't take a hint, and you would think they could understand, but looks like you will have to spell things oput for him or he just won't get it. What did Frank say about the incident?

I am going to ask about sterilising my next Health centre visit. I will still prob sterilise bottles till jessica is 1 though, I've always done that so I don't mind, but I'm interested in what she has to say about it.

Woo Hoo for Ryley! Clever thing he is. Jessica was thinking about a back to tummy roll the other day until thge kids got excited and distracted her.

I have got all the Santa pressies, picked the last up Thurs night, and now just have to wrap it all at Mum's then pick it up on Xmas eve.

Hope you are all ready to enjoy xmas, esp those who have their first bub and first xmas with them. Although first xmas' are usually a little boring, 2nd xmas' are better!

I am getting exicted. mum and Dad are giving us a digital camera with printer dock, and I am trying to convince Dad to give it to me so I can take photos xmas morning.

Anyway, we are all well at the moment here, I am waiting for test results on my stomach, to see if I have a tummy bug, and back on meds, just ion time too as acid is burning my throat again. To hav the gastroscopy I have to be off meds for 1 month, that won't be good.

Catch up again soon, sorry to those I missed Spiddles and anyone else,

Best wishes Michelle

Snowy - sorry I just read your post.... I wouldn't expose Wolf to bronchitis myself... just with Matilda I know I avoided things over the first 3 months because I wanted to be sure her immune system was well built up first. So...that my opinion... I just felt like she had enough to deal with at first, and when they seem a bit more hearty than I wouldn't be so concerned...but kids always seem to NEED to touch babies too...so its really hard to keep them separate!

Oh! & my neighbour has two kids and babysits friends babies all the time!! But then again her closest friend who has a 10 month old started feeding all her children (4) solids at 6 weeks including crushed up arrowroot biscuits in whole milk...so I guess its just a different world for different mums...

WOW Pee Ryley is going really well!!

dachlostar - I had heaps of cramping two weeks before AF was came... it was when I ovulated apparently.... :-k stress can't help either....

Michelle thats great about the digital camera...I took pictures today of Matilda crawling & got it on the webpage in 5 minutes....YAY!!

Pietta Guest

Wow- Matilda is such a cutie Christy!!
    I love digi cameras too!!

=D> =D> gold star for Ryley.
    Michelle, I hope that the test results for your tummy come back ok and you don't have to have a gastroscopy.

spiddles Guest

YAY Ryley!!! Not to steal his linelight but Liam is rolling too and I caught it on cmaera!!! Did it about 5 times while having dinner so got the camera out and caught it!!! If anyone is interested can watch the movie from his website...clic on Liam's Movies (is only about 1 mb) and only there for 3 days though. Damn Bigpond took my 10mb free away and now expect you to pay GRRR!!!

Liam is busy cutting his 2 bottom teeth and have the bruises to prove it. Yesterday one minute he would be fine and the next would turn bright red and cry real tears. Poor little guy. Nver usually does this. Last time I say him do it was when he was immunised.

Aw matilda is georgous!! YAY for Crawling!!

Hope you con con them to giving you the Camera earlier Michelle...would be great for Christmas and hoping that there isnt anything to serious with you.

Sorry for those who I have missed but should really be in bed

Hello girls,

thanks for everyone's feedback re. the bronchitis. I am seeing a pediatrician tomorrow for his 4-6 week check up (or "U3" as they call it here, U1 (at birth) and U2 (3 days old) were done in hospital). So I am curious to meet this pediatrician. She was recommended to me by two people independently. I will also ask her about the bronchitis and see what she says. If she says it's too much of a risk, I will just go for 2 days, before my brother arrives so at least I can see my parents for Christmas. Well, I hope everyone is better before they come (although I think I read somewhere that bronchitis lasts for 3 weeks, so it might be a close call).

Dachlostar, you had me in stitches re. the dryer. Don't quite trust your DH's craftsmanship, eh? lol

Wow re. all tha babies rolling and crawling and all that... I can't believe our little guy will be there some day next year... so scary. I just watched some little movies from our digi camera which we took the first week and the change from then to now is just HUGE! He is a different person now to the little, skinny, big-eyed munchkin he was at birth.

Michelle, I hope all is well with the test results too. Gastroscopy does not sound very appealing to have!

DH and I have our 1 year wedding anniversary today (and Wolf is 4 weeks today) so we went out for dinner. Wolf screamed before the food arrived and after we were finished, so pretty good timing really, yet I still was quite embarassed. Luckily the restaurant was quite empty (however that made his screams even more noticable with no real background noise). I got a bit ****ty with DH when he ordered a Latte after dinner which meant we had Wolf screaming another 10 mins... I told him he was being selfish and he said I was being selfish with my modesty thing and that I should have just popped out a boob and fed him in the restaurant. Sorry, I'm just not there yet. I feel self conscious enough at the moment without a boob exposed. Maybe in a few weeks I'll be able to just whip out a boob at the dinner table, but just not yet.

Anyways, I actually have some work to do for our business, * sigh * I so don't feel like it...

Snowy

I never quite got there at the dinner table Snowy...LOL! I often did it on a toilet in the loo though during dinner...just popped in for a top up for her so she would be quiet for 20 minutes...

woo hoo!!! a gold star for Liam too and Spiddles congratulations for catching it on camera.
    Snowy, Happy Anniversary. My SIL gave me a cape for feeding in public. Its goes over the shoulder and does up with bit of velco so you can use only one hand and its got a little mesh panel at the top so you can see what you're doing. You can check it out here *edited by moderator*. I'm sure that you will be able to find something similar in Germany.
    I took Yasin to the shops today during his sleepy time so now I'm paying for it. Typing with one hand and rocking with the other ](*,) I did a pg test this morning and got a BFN. So I'm just saying woohoo very quietly so none of the TTC girls hear me. Even though it would be really inconvenient I was just a tiny bit disappointed. what a doofus!!!

dachlostar sorry I had to take the link out as the only links allowed are with our advertisers... you can check it out in the forum guidelines. Otherwise you can put a post up talking about the products & giving the company name in Recommend a product...

BTW I had a look and it is a great idea...

Snowy the company is discreetdining... HTH

ooops sorry

No worries at all

Michelle Frank didn't say anything at the time. GRRRR!!!!! That was just as annoying. But we have discussed it. Well....I discussed it with him! LOL! I bascially told him that I don't trust his Father with regards to Alana and feel that he would not respect our wishes when looking after her. So basically I feel that at this stage I don't believe that it would be a good idea to have his parents babysit. Strangely he didn't argue or disagree. He didn't say much at all, but he was not at all angry or upset. I got the feeling he agreed with me. I feel kinda awful about the situation, but I just can't help the way I feel.

Congrats to Ryley and Liam. I hope its not to far of for Alana!

Happy 1st Anniversary Snowy! I didn't BF for very long, but I would not have been able to BF in public. Give it time and do it when you feel comfortable.

I have had a few bad days with Alana. We have had to change her medication again as the Zantac was not working. Friday Alana was beside herself with tummy pains. Basically its due to malabsorption. She screamed for 2/3 hours solid. She was in so much pain. So now her enzymes have been doubled. She has been on the new meds for nearly 3 days and I was starting to think that this is also not working, but I am sure that I have noticed a change in the look of her poo and the last 3 feeds she hasn't pooed straight after. Which means her food isn't going straight through her. Woo Hoo!!! I think we might be on a winner!!! We've done another poo test so we should get the results back on the amount of fat in it tomorrow or Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

Sorry for the epic!

Hello girls,

Lara, I feel so sorry for you and poor Alana. Hope things are getting better now. It's terrible when they sound like they are in pain, isn't it?! It breaks my heart when Wolf breaks out into these sobbing cries ...

Dachlostar, thanks for the info on the cape. Looked at the website. It looks really cool! Will have a look around for it when we're back in Oz in Feb.

Thanks for all the wishes for our wedding anniversary. My own parents forgot... doh! Told my dad today and he was very embarassed. (not a big deal really - i constantly forget theirs too)

Well, today we went to the pediatrician for Wolf's "U3" - the 1-month check up.
    Now hold on to your seats girls: My little boy has gained 1.1kg since birth (or 1.3kg since day 3, bringing it to 4.4kg). Isn't that incredible? The pediatrician said you basically couldn't gain much more in 4 weeks, lol. He also grew 6cm and now measures 55cm and his head grew 4cm to 40cm circumference! I am amazed at how much my little baby has grown! (if he continues at this rate, he will be tall like mommy! yeah!)

Snowy

YAY for Wolf's weight gain! Thats great! Matilda actually lost some weight this week... but I'm sure its due to crawling!!!

Lara...I hope the increase helps! Thats great that her poo's getting better, I've got everything crossed for you!

Pietta Guest

=D> For Wolf- What a champ!!

Woo Hoo! Wolf! Fantastic news.

Well, Alana's poo test came back and great news, theres not as much fat in her poo. So the new meds are working. I am so happy. Its just great to see things starting to get better for her. And her terrible nappy rash and thrush is heaps better. I would say in a few days it should be cleared up. So you will all be glad to not hear me go on about Alana's poo!!LOL!!

So now we need to concentrate on her putting on weight. She gets weighed Wednesday week. If she doesn't put on enough weight then her dietition will changed the concentration of her formula.

Got to go Alana's woken up and she wants to be fed!

=D> =D> wow!! I'm handing out gold stars left, right and center!!!!
    Lara, I'm so glad to hear that Alana's poo passed its test and her rash is clearing up. It really sounds like she's turned a corner. It must be such a relief for you to have the meds right.
    Snowy and Wolf, congratulations on the excellent weight gain! You can tell that they're growing because of the way that they outgrow thier cloths but its still lovely to have it confirmed isn't it.
    I'm trying to get Yasin to sleep in his cot for his daytime naps from now on. One of my friends has had to go to Tressilian because her baby will only sleep if she's rocked to sleep and I don't want to end up in her situation. It took him longer than normal to fall asleep today but he got there in the end.
    I'm feeling a bit peeved because I have been looking into schools and the ones we like all have waiting lists as long as your arm (for kindy in 2009!!!) and some of them want a bond :-s :evil: . The school that I really wanted him to go to only has 90 places for kindy and most of them go to kids with siblings at the school and inside contacts. I geuss that I've got 4 years to figure it out but I think that its just a little insane that it is so hard to enrol a child in kindergarden.

mooshie Guest

hi girls

wow for liam and ryley and woohoo for crawling matilda.

wow on the weightgain for wolf snowy, he is nearly up to lani's weight at 3mths lol. i used to be very self consious of breast feeding in public but now i don't care, i just flop it out wherever and if anyone dare say anything to me well let me just say they will get a piece of my mind lol. not that i have had any problems yet. don't get me wrong i don't sit there in all my glory and make it look obvious but if i am out and she is hungry then i discreetly feed her whilst continuing with me food or conversation etc.

and a big congratulations for alana and lara in getting those meds sorted.

sorry if i have forgotton anyone on there achievements but there has been just so many in the last few days.

as for us, lani is now in her cot for all sleeps including night and i have taken all the bedding out of the bassinet in our room boo hoo, but she loves her cot can stretch out and has lots of room to move. the other night she slept from 8pm to 8am and when i went in to check her (i was to scared to go in for an hour) she was just laying there awake checking out her room lol. she usually sleeps from 8pm to around 6 or 7am so am pretty happy with that.

if i don't get on before hand i just wish everyone a happy christmas and a safe new year - don't spoil those bubs to much lol. it is hard for us at christmas without our daughter, our last christmas with her was in 2001 and she was very sick and was still having chemo so all our last christmas photos of her have her without her hair but she still had a beautiful smile. we have a candle we light on special days and i have a lovely christmas ball with the details of her last christmas on it, and we also have a photo displayed and the fairy dress she wore on her last christmas so she is still part of the family and lani just always looks at it and coos - i swear it is like she knows already bless her.

take care

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast