Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, April '05

Is everyone else's toddler turning into a Mummy freak?

My son won't go to his father. Won't accept food from his father. Struggles to let his father changes his clothes and nappy. Screams whenever I leave the house (like full on tantrum for 30 mins) "MUMMEE, MUMMEE".

It's really hard to walk down to the bus stop to go to work when my son is standing at the front door screaming for me. And I can still hear him at the bus stop!

When I take him to day care, it takes 20-30 mins for me to be able to leave. When DH takes him, it's straight in and out.

I only work three days per week (and have to for financial reasons) atm, but will be home full time from July.

Is anyone else having this "stage"? (at least I hope it's just a stage!)

Divvy- it is a stage that most kids go through. Jemma is 2 and I hear nothing but, Mummy do it! Sometimes though I refuse to do things she wants me to, and Arron does them or someone else or she is told she won't get what she wants.

eg My mum was here the other day and Jemma was trying to get dressed. Mum said she'd help her and she said "Mummy will!" I was holding Jessica and I just refused. I told her Nana would do it or no one would, cos I wasn't. And she let mum do it.

As for the leaving thing, kids sense they are tugging your heart strings, once they think it won't work it seems to stop. Unfortunately you will just have to keep leaving and listening to the crying. When you drop him off at daycare it is prob best to leave as quickly as possible as they stop crying the minute you are gone. Maybe talk to them about how you can leave quicker. Don't feel guilty though, you have to do what you have to do!

Cheers Michelle

Hi Girls

Took the boys to playgroup today, and was asked if I wanted to become the new playgroup co-ordinator...eeek LOL. We used to have one that would organise different activities for the kids, like suds day or glue and glitter day etc etc but her and I only met the first day I started then she left so they haven't had one since the term 3 last year.

One of the playgroups from close by has closed down too so we have been flooded with a whole pile of new mums, and have had to start up a Friday group too.

So I said I would think about it, cause it means going to meetings once a month during the afternoon at the kindy etc as well, but they said the kids can go to meetings too so that is okay in that respect.

I know we definitely need a bit more organisation cause it is a bit chaotic there atm

I dunno........ LOL ](*,) ](*,)

Divvy - I hope your son grows out of it soon, I think Kameron went through that but it didn't last very long, and if he wants me to do something now I just say "no wait" or "ask daddy" if he is home at the time, and he quite happily does that. We don't go to daycare though so haven't had to deal with that one.

Love

Divvy... it's definately a stage, a "2 yr old" thing. My son is going through it now, but has got much better over the last few weeks.

My daughter also went through it, although hers was much, much worse, due to the fact that I had my son when she was 20mths old and then basically disappeared from her life for 3 months as the baby was in hospital for that time. She got really quiet and clingy, and it took her a good six months to recover.

Kathryn- how'd you pull up after the big bday? Hope Lachlan had a nice day. About the playgroup thing, it is hard to decide how involved you want to be. I remember being really frustrated with little athletics when jordan was doing it and I knew that I could prob do something if I stepped up, but I was preg with josh and in the end I just couldn't be bothered. I didn't put my hand up for the kinder comittee either cos I was pg with jessica, and I didn't go on school council when I was teaching as I was pg with Jemma. LOL it's a good excuse i reckon. Unfortunately i won't have that excuse anymore, but now my excuse is 4 kids. Seriously though, it would be good if you really wanted to do it, but if you really prefer to not do it then just say no. They'll find someone else.

Jemma is doing this annoying thing where she whinges and repeats things 20 times until you do what she wants, and she is so grizzly. She hasn't been having a day sleep, at the right time and she is hopeless. I am going to start trying to put her down bf lunch again, cos she needs a nap, that's for sure.

hope everyone had a nice day
    Best wishes Michelle

Kameron is 3.5 but is doing the whole repeat thing as well, non stop till he gets what he wants. Now he is old enough to understand he gets nothing till he says please at the end of it. If he really wants something bad enough he will say please.

I have decided to give playgroup co-ordinator a try, one of other mums has said she would help me out where she can, so with two of us it shouldn't be too bad, andI know I can leave it when ever I want if I don't wish to do it anymore. Definitely wouldn't go on school councils or anything like that.

Took a couple of days to fully recover from Lachlans Party I was so knackered !!! At least I have been keeping up with the housework since That is the good thing about scrubbing the house clean LMAO.

Love

Good on you Kathryn! Knwoing you have someone else halping too is a bonus, and if ti gets too hard then you can opt out. You'll prob really enjoy it! Glad the party went well, how did lachlan pull up, being 1 now and all? has he changed? lOL

have a great day everyone
    Michelle

Do I smell or something?

No one here and no one in the 6 mth forum. I'm starting to think it's me.

We had a lovely afternoon. The big kids went to the pictures and I took Jemma and Jessica to lunch with a gf. Had a nice walk after.

Funny though I ended up with 7 kids here until 6.45pm.

The gf asked could I take one of hers back as I had a spare seat and she was picking her mum up. So the plan was she would drop one off and then come and pick up her boy. Then she had a brain wave, that instead of her picking him up she would get his father to pick him up at 6pm from my place. Then at 4.30pm she turn ed up with her dd and asked would I mind haveing her as well as her husband would leave work bf she could get the dd there. As Jordan also has a friend staying tonight that made 2 10 yr olds, an 8 yr old, 2x 5 yr olds and my 2 yr old and 7mth old. Now I love kids, and they were all really well behaved but I don't thnk I need 7 kids. Finally 2 of them left at 6.45 and just now my brother has turned up, dropped my almost 2 yo niece here and he'll be "Back in a minute!" Do I look like a babysitting facility or what?

Arron booted of to play footy in a intrclub match at 5.30 and ran in had a shower and left again to go back to the club till 8.30pm. Just so typical of him, to be in and out and not caring less about whether I am here alone (well I know there are kids, but no adults). The ****s about to hit the fan!

Just popping to say Hi! As it looks like I will be joining you lot in less than 3 weeks!

Michelle - I'm sorry to say, but I find that terrible for your DH to do that to you (leave for his match, then come home only to leave straight away)

Huge for you... if I lived close by I would come over and keep you company.
    DP has gone out tonight as well with his workmates, but I really can't complain, cause he hasn't been out by himself for months literally... which I don't think is healthy either... I think they need to find a happy medium or something.

Oh Michelle it sounds like you've had an exhausting day! Especially with the parenting-a-whole-soccer-team thing. Sometimes the triplets from across the road come over to our place and I have five to look after, and even that's too much at times, but SEVEN?

I hope you're putting your feet up and doing something you enjoy now.

Well tomorrow we're off on a steam train ride (FIL's b'day). It's a four hour trip (I talked them down from a full day ride) on an old rattler with no toilets on board (it's the old carriage with big bench seats scenario).

I hope they stop for a "wee" break half way, as a two yr old who has only been toilet trained since Christmas doesn't have a 4 hr bladder control. Come to think of it, neither does his big sister 8-[

Anyway, will let you know how it goes.

Does this mean I don't smell?

Almost welcome Ambah! MY gosh time does fly, except when you have 7 kids LOL

Don't go mum2boys, Jemma is 2 and I am here chatting away, mostly to myself.

Mystifying- yes i think having all them kids makes you rethink cluckiness! I really think 4 is way enough for me.
    Hope the train trip is fun, it sounds good until you factor in the 3 kids, but hopefully there is a rest stop. I mean old people don't always have good bladder control either, they may need a stop too.

Gotta love my DH, he came back bf 8.30 and is now over at the club again as he had to see one of our friends. He is actually off the smokes and hasn't been wearing patches the last 3 days and he is a total mean arse, I keep telling him to go get them, cos I can't stand him. He annoys me cos he says" I should go to the pub! I'm just joking". I am so over his jokes that are never funny. Why can't he see a joke is something funny that I laugh at, not something he says and when he knows I'm annoyed he was just joking. I feel like going out tomorrow night and leaving him here, my turn, but I know that tomorrow I prob won't be bothered going anywhere cos I'll just be tired. Ambah if he hardly went anywhere or did anything then I wouldn't say anything but it is always something else, footy training, drinks after footy training, listening to dog races at the TAB, Fishing, footy match, some other places I don't know about. Good on you r DP for going out he deserves it for being a good boy!

Anyway, gotta go.
    Michelle

Oh Jillian, poor Joshua, that is terrible for him. What state of repair is the cot in? Isn't it funny how some days dropping the cereal would be the end of the world and other days you just don't react.

MY D (not)H decided to take himself off to the pub at 12.18am and came inside at 2.52am. Reckons he got home bf 1 and was sitting in the boat with 2 mates drinking and talking about footy. He prob was but I refuse to believe him, he is so selfish and painful and I can't be bothered at the moment. he has teed us up to go to my gf's and he is helping build a retaining wall and I am sposed to visit, but I am so not in the mood. I would rather stay home. Haven't fully decided what I will do yet.

We'll see!
    Cheers Michelle

Go Michelle, visit with your gf and make it a winge fest and let him hear!!!! Then when you get home, say you forgot something and go back by yourself for a few hours!!!!
    B4 we had kids DH was a bit like that and I not on purpose gave him a taste of his own when I went to a gf house for a girls night, well he was supposed to pick me up at 12 but typical of him was late, well I had a few too many ( well a lot too many ) and decided I would walk home, well he got to my gf and she said i'd left an hour ago, and he paniced, it was 1am on a saturday night and we lived 1/2 hr drive, and I'd walked off!!!\

He drove along lookin for me, couldn't find me, got home, I wasn't here, well in the end I rock up in a taxi I'd hailed down 1/2 way home, and the look on his face, so then everytime he didn't do as he'd promised I'd remind him how he felt that day!!!

LOL Vanita, that definitely was a good lesson!

Well I went and we didn't get home until nearly 11pm. The kids were really good all day. I had a nice time, except I was so tired, something about being awake at 3 am I guess.

We went to Kmart and the Pipeworks market today to get footy gear for Josh as he starts Auskick next weekend. Footy jumper $50, Boots $40 and socks $9. I coudn't believe it.

Jemma hasn't been having an arvo sleep and she is such a cranky pants, anyone else having this prob?

See ya, hope everyone had a good weekend
    Michelle

Hi Girls

Are here you all thought this forum was going to be busy with me here LMAO. I just haven't been in the greatest of moods to post this week, dunno what it is. Didn't help with have a severe case of the 24hr Gastro Bug on Friday and then a migraine this morning, Thankfully both have passed now.

Kameron went out with Daddy today to see an Vintage Fly In at the local airport. He fell asleep in the car and Andrew put him straight to bed at 3.30pm. I went into check on him at 8.30pm as he was still asleep but unfortunately he had wet the bed, so had to wake him to get him stripped and the bed stripped etc etc. Thankgod for spare mattress's as the mattress never had mattress protector on it, since he normally wears pull ups to bed ](*,)

Michelle - it is rare for Kameron to have arvo sleeps now, but by 5pm his eyes are just about falling out of his head from being so tired. So from 5 to 7pm when he goes to bed he is pretty grumpy etc. Even when we goto playgroup and he is tired from that he still wont' goto sleep but will spend the rest of the day complaining about it.

Jillian - How is Joshua's leg now ??? Poor little mite

Well must go and see if I can get trouble #1 back into bed as it is Playgroup in the morning.

Love

I have to say I'm lucky with Rianna she has a 2 hr sleep from around 10-11 til 1 then another 1hr sleep around 4!!! BUT only if she is home in her cot, went to carribean gardens yesterday then to outlaws, she had two 1/2 hr naps for the whole day, very cranky bub last night , but slept for nearly 14 hrs o'night to make up for it!!!

HI girls,

Jillian- so glad Joshua's leg is ok and bonus that the cot wa easily fixed.
    I so wish that I could put Jemma to bed and she would stay all night, we did that last week and she woke at 8.30pm when the other kids went ot bed and was WIDE awake! Not good at all.

We went to the HC for Jemma's 2 yr assessment, she is 89cms tall and weighs 13.4kgs, so she is my biggest at this age but nicley proportioned and healthy. Her language development is advanced for her age and the HC sister was impressed with the toilet training, so all in all our darling is a STAR! Which we already knew LOL.

Nothing much else to report, but I am already yawnign and it's nowhere near bed time.

See ya
    Michelle

Michelle - Did you know if you double their height at 2 that is how tall they are meant to be in Adult life, so around 178cm Tall girl

Had Kam throwing up bile from 4am this morning thru till 7.30am. He ate toast at 8am and kept that down, so must have had something that he needed to get out of his system, and he went to playgroup no dramas.

Kam is supposed to be 164cm in Adult Life

Love

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast