Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, April '05

Lachlan is going well. Crusing around furniture really well and starting to let go a bit as well, which still scares him if he does it accidently. So he will probably be walking in a couple of months but seriously I am in no hurry. He is currently eating me out of house and home as well just can't fill him up lol.

Took Kam to visit another little girl yesterday, but they had cats so I am still feeling the consequences this morning ](*,) ](*,) and I was only there for 2hrs.

Love

mama mel Guest

Forum Name: Mama Mel
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 22nd April, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Adara
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/adara
    Health Concerns: Loud heart murmur caused by narrowed pulmonary valve. May need surgery in a few years.
    Notes: Waters broke at 38wks 2days, induced at 38wks 5days. Born 6lb 8oz

mama mel Guest

Hi everyone

Well, I can't quite believe it but we're over here in the toddler group now!

Adara's becoming more and more toddler-like by the day, with tantrums getting pretty bad these days and being very assertive and demanding about what she wants. Oh well, I guess it's only going to get worse! She's not walking yet but did go from only pulling to standing once every 1-2wks to standing on everything, walking around furniture and standing alone for a little while, within a about a week recently. And in the last couple of weeks she's started saying 2 word 'sentences'. So far she's said "hello adara" to the mirror (I used to say that for some reason.?), "ta adara" and "mama up" but that's more just trying anything she can to get what she wants rather than a sentence LOL.

Anyway enough about us, I look fwd to chatting with you all some more and getting to know those of you I don't already know.

Hi Mel

Great to have you hear with us. I hope Adara had a good birthday !!!

Lachlan is cruising furniture/walls etc now and will let go but lean against the thing he was just hanging onto, sometimes he forgets he isn't leaning and lets go then scares himself lol. So I think he will be walking before Kameron did. Kam was 1wk off being 19mths old.

I discovered tooth #8 yesterday so that would explain the last few days of grumpiness etc. Apart from that he is doing really well. Loves his food and will eat anything you give him and would eat all day if you let him lol.

Love

Welcome Mel
    It is so very quiet here!

Yay on the tooth Kathryn.

I am very tired, had a full w/e but not much to report. Jemma is doing her usual stuff, and is becoming very stubborn, hurt her cousin and refused to say sorry even with a couple of little smacks and then also refused to help pick up the pencils. AND she is still awake now....I really need her to sleep so I feel like I get a break too.

Cheers Michelle

Another early start for our household this morning. Zeke got out of bed at his usual time of 5AM #-o

He's not really interested in playing quietly by himself, being 2 and all. Sometimes he does try, but he always ends up standing next to our bed patting one of us on the head saying in a VERY loud whisper "ssshhhhh, Mummy's asleep" or something like that.

He also likes to jump into his sister's bed and give her a pat and a cuddle too, which of course wakes her up.

He's always been an early riser, and it doesn't seem to make him grumpy or anything.... he still needs his afternoon sleep at the moment, but I'm hoping when he's ready to drop that he'll sleep in a bit??!

He slept in once (and once only in his 2 years of life) and he slept until 7.30am. Dean and I had to keep checking on him after 6.30am to reassure ourselves that he was ok.

Anyway, raining up here on the Sunshine Coast again today. Might take the kids to the shops. Bye for now.

Hi,

MistyFying - Kimberley wakes early also she is always up by 6.30 and gets into bed with us for a few mins then gets out again.

WTG Lachlan on having another tooth =D>

Kimberley has started to play with her food now if she has a yoghurt and you do not feed it to her she puts it all over her arms and the table. Started tobuy small yoghurts for her so it's less of a waste and mess.
    She has started to say lots more new words and is picking up somethings you say.

Hi Girls

We have an annoying thing atm the bloody keypad to our alarm system is beeping at a nice old time of 4.50am (gets a bit earlier each morning was 5.30am a couple of weeks ago) It used to do it at 7pm which was fine and to stop it you have to go and press a button. I have no idea why it suddenly went to the early hours of the morning. Anyway being that time of morning it is making the kids wake up, well bringing them out of their sleep so by the time Andrew gets up (who never hears it btw) at 5.30am the kids become more awake from his noise (as I get up to stop the keypad beeing when it starts) and by 6am they are both fully awake.

So we are having alot of very early mornings at the moment. Andrew said to pull the battery out of the keypad to the alarm, so I pulled it off the wall to find that the keypad was run by electricity and not battery ](*,) So Andrew has to now get up and disconnect the whole alarm system from the mains till we can afford to get someone out to fix it.

So yeah I can't wait till my boys sleep in till 7.30am again !!! At present Lachlan is heaps grumpy during playgroup cause getting up at 6am he is usually going back to bed around 8-8.30am, so isn't getting that nap till 11 on playgroup days, and 10 -10.30am was when he would goto bed if he got up at 7.30am.

Love

Hi everyone,

Kathryn i can sympathize with you on the early mornings, Nick has started getting up really early at the moment, this morning it was 5.45 :evil:
    I was roppable because i had a shocker of a night with Ryan, but when i tried to put him back to bed, he screamed the house down and woke Ryan AGAIN!!! ](*,) ](*,)
    So i am in a foul mood today because i got next to no sleep, but both boys are now ASLEEP
    Where's the bloody justice in that LOL

I hope everyone else is doing ok

you poor girls with the early risers. I have to drag mine out of bed eveymorning and even then they don't want to move. We have been late every morning this week.

Nothing exciting happening here, just a grumpy 2 yr old who should have slept at 1pm and now is so sooky.
    Cheers Michelle

LOL Michelle. Happy to swap my two for two of yours so I can sleep in a bit LMAO. I am feeling dead by about 4pm each day cause of the early starts. Least Kam had a couple hours this arvo but Lachlan woke when he fell asleep ](*,)

Love

Cass Guest

Forum Name: Cass
    State: South Aust.
    Baby's DOB: 09/07/03
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    [b][b]Baby Name(s): Corinne Jessie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Arrived on due date - at 12.07pm O

Add me in again??

Just thought that I would get my butt into gear and join in!!!

Welcome Cass and Corrine!

kathryn- the only prob with the sleeping kids is they wake up and the older two sleep the best but are worse to control as they have smarter mouths, even at only 10 and 5, we could do a week swap if you like and see how it goes ! LOL of course yours will do the extra sleeping too, even if you have to wait till they are teenagers and then they will never want to get up LOL.

Had a terrible dentist trip with Josh yesterday, being 5 "sucks" his words! He ended up not going to his friends place and no xbox and in his room as well for speaking badly to me. A sad day all round really. Next time Arron can take him to the dentist cos I had all 4 kids with me (Jordan was getting fillings too) and it was hard with a 2yr old and a 7 mth old to watch to be threatening the life iof the unco-operatvie 5yo.

A lazy day today here, I should be cleaning but so far haven't done much. Must get a little more motviated and get going.
    Cheers Michelle

mama mel Guest

Thanks Kathryn. LOL at Lachlan Doesn't sound like it'll be too long before you have 2 boys running around. Adara's the opposite to Lachlan, she doesn't have any fear at all.. After she got confident standing constantly, I think she just assumed she could walk b/c she'd let go and "walk" towards something but of course didn't have the strength or co-ordination so just fell on her face while lifting her leg. Pretty funny to watch! Hope you get that damn alarm sorted out soon!

MistyFying - LOL at Zeke's sshhing! All you poor ladies with the early risers! If I can't get Adara to eat enough the day before, she'll sometimes wake at 5am for a bottle (haven't been able to drop them all yet) but want to be put back into bed straight afterwards. Usually she's up at around 8-9am. [-o< I'm as lucky the 2nd time around!

Michelle - you are pretty brave taking all 4 to the dentist! I'm dreading taking 1.

I'm pretty disappointed, I went to the MCHN today to find mine (who I loved) has gone to another centre. The worst part is the woman who replaced her is the same midwife that I saw for my 1st ante-natal hospital booking visit around 6mths ago and I hated her. For those who weren't in the last group when it happened - at the time I was tired b/c I'd lost my breastmilk from falling pg and Adara wouldn't drink any formulas so was losing weight rapidly, feeding every hour and waking 3-6 times every night for a feed. Anyway, she tried to tell me that Adara was either sick, teething, going off her food temporarily, blah blah blah and that I was wrong about the problem. Went on about it for a good 40mins when all I wanted to do is book into a birthing centre. Today she was the same, jumping to conclusions, not hearing the full story but somehow always knowing better than I do.. I'm just upset b/c in a few months there are going to be things that I need propper help and advice with and I know I can't get it from her.

HI All

Mel-the girls in the 1 mth forum were talking about MCHN's and saying that you can choose one, you don't have to go to one you dopn't like. How far has your's moved, can you visit her anyway. I think you just get them to transfer the details over. I lost a excellent one and the one I have now is ok but not the best. Good luck!

just a quick hi for now as I am in a bit of a hurry, need to get everyone organised for bed soon. Hope everyone is well.

Cheers michelle

Hi Girls

Been a long day here. Lachlan slept for only 45mins each time i put him down. so by 4pm he was an unhappy chappy. I wasn't going to put him back to bed though, cause it was nearing tea time etc. I did put him to bed though just before 6.30pm and he cracked a hissy fit for going so early but he bloody needed it. No doubt he will be up at 6.15am in the morning. Just hope it isn't 5.15am as Andrew has to work tomorrow so he starts at 6am and not 7am.

We did get the alarm sorted YAY. Andrew fixed it that night so nice not to have to get up that time of morning although Kam has been waking up at 2am hahaha. Can't win at the moment. He is only wanting a drink though so have to remember to put on in his bed again. I was doing it but stopped cause he wasn't drinking it so it was going to waste, but now he is wanting the drink again.

Anyways that is all my news..... Playgroup Monday bring it on

Love

Hi everyone,

Michelle, i don't know how you do it taking 4 kids to the dentist =D>
    How old are they when they go for their 1st visit?

Kathryn, it sounds like it's all fun at your place at the moment LOL

Michelle, how are you and Kimberly going?

Well, i' having a bit of a problem with Nick, and i'm hoping one of you wise ladies can help me out.
    At the moment he is going for a nap, and going to bed without a problem, it's when he wakes up, he used to just knock on his door and either shout for me or DP to open the door, but recently he wakes up and just starts screaming, and its not just crying, it is blood curdling screaming.
    I have sat him down and told im that he doesnt need to scream, he just needs to shout on me and i will come and get him, but he doesn't seem to understand.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

anyway, on a good note, my dear inlaws have booked him in to proffesional swimming lessons and they start next Saturday, and they are even going to pick him up and take him every week \/
    I am thrilled because it means that he gets to spend more time with them, and i get to spend more time with Dp and Ryan without Nick being so demanding.

Well, i'd better go for now
    Take care

Naomi - Not sure what you can do to help Nick out. Not had that problem Kimberley opens her own door when she wakes up.
    Taht is wonderful that your inlaws will be taking him swimming. Gives you a small break also.

Kimberley and i are doing okay. Just counting the days down till i have this one.
    Getting lots more new words from Kimberley now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast