Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, July '05 #2

katanya Guest

I forgot to say (I was so distracted by no kathryn avatar) that Michelle, yes we have family day and it would a be a great idea, and I might find something up here I am going to check out the other one too..

DP and I have decided we will take Felix to a naturopath and get a homeopathic remedy to go with the MMR to help his resistance to it..

He has a temp tonight after his fluvac.. hope it won't develop into anything, he was fine last time!

awww Katanya - I hope Felix is alright by morning.

Michelle - Ouchies at poor Josh having chicken pox where he did. We will be getting the chicken pox vacc for both the boys as well. I heard they can't have it till 18mths though, even though it is okay with Kam we thought we would do them both at once and get it all over and done with.

Well has taken me an hour just to write that much. Kameron did a sicky burb then promtly threw up all over the lounge

Andrew started cleaning it up then he had to go outside, so I was stuck with it. Stomach is still churning LOL. I think Kam just had too much milk.

Love

Morning Girls.

I don't think my avatar is going to go up today LMAO. Kelly is really sick.

Katanya - how is felix this moring ???

Kelly - I hope the kids have had a good first week back at school. Holidays have flown by, we all go back on Monday. YAY to Asha for now being a toddler too !!!! It is unfair how quickly they grow up.

Michelle - OMG @ Aaron taking over $600 in 2 moths to blow just like that I would have killed Andrew. I kill him for just wasting $20 LOL

Christy - I know you wont see this just yet, but I hope all is going well with sleep school.

Well I am feeling a bit like death warmed up this morning and I had 10 hrs sleep, thankfully it is goign to be a nice day in adelaide when it warms up so might spend it out in the garden with the boys.

Love

HI girls

Kathryn- NOOOOOO! You can't let us wait. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell us! LOL Yuck at the sicky burp, nothing worse than vomit smell!

I hope Kelly feels better soon, when it hit us it hit hard too, lucky she has all you darling mods to help with her being so crook.

Ambah- forgot to answer the questions about the baby leap pad. Jemma is starting to use it more now at almost 2 and a half. She didn't have the patience for it bf, and my niece is 3 mths older and she was the same. But if Aidyn sits and reads books then he may use it straight off.

Anyway trying to find cheap flights to Qld so I can come and visit, happy hr on virgin hasn't got bris flights today. have to try another day unless I can get other cheap flights.

Cheers Michelle

So not fair Kathryn!! After reading pages to catch up & nothing yet!! Spill the beans!!!

Hi girls!! We're back.... heaps to catch up on atm, but I thought I'd say hi & give a run down...The first night there Matilda slept through from 6.30pm-6am for the first time every ](*,) but then she decided that day sleeps weren't important, and we tried techniques from all the nurses & she still wouldn't sleep during the day. 20 minutes was the top sleep in the last 3 days. ](*,) ](*,) So they are happy because I went there for night sleeps, but I'm not happy because she gets so tired & cranky if she misses sleep, but I have spent hours of the last few days trying to settle her with no results...ah well...cheeky monkey...

Ambah I hope Aidyn feels better! & Happy Birthday late!!

Welcome back Christy

Christy.. I have to agree with you/them in some aspects. If she is awake all day ( i know it makes for a long bloody day ) but she sleeps all night which means you have a full nights sleep too, you will find you will start to handle her being up all day better.

Love

WB Christy!! Glad to hear that Matilda is at least sleeping through the night, though it must be tiring for you to have her running aroung allll day. Is it possible to put her in her cot for 45 mins or so just for quiet time, even if she wont sleep? Just with some teddies and books to look at and stuff... or is she likely to scream & cry?...

I have a new theory about what was wrong with Aidyn... I was reading in my baby book about rashes, cause last night he had come up with a mild rash on his tummy/back. and it mentioned Roseola virus. Its apparently very common (every kid would have had it before they are 2 the book reckons) and its not too much to worry about. But it states that the child will have high fevers for 2-3 days, and a couple days after that they will be feeling better but will develop a mild rash.... and this sounds EXACTLY like what has gone on with Aidyn! Except now I feel really guilty thinking it was the teething alone that was making him so cranky and giving him the temps - cause that is usually the case from his teething anyway...
    And now I feel bad for taking him along on Tuesday when Felix and little Hannah were there... I hope Felix doesnt get it Katanya, I am so sorry if he does...
    I dont know where Aidyn would have gotten it from, maybe the playroom at the gym. But I think it is going around, as 2 other peoples bubs that I know have had it recently too (but they havent had any contact with Aidyn)

Michelle - thanks for the info RE the leap frog pad. I was getting a bit worried about it today, wondering if it is really worth it, as Aidyn will be almost 20months at Christmas, and it says its only up to 36months. Which is still another whole year of use I know, but I just was worried he would grow out of it too quick and I should've gotten it for him at a younger age... But anyway, you have reassured me now, so thanks
    What dates were you planning on coming up to Brissy??? (sorry I forgot!)
    I am actually going to be going to Townsville from 3-10August to see my sister, so I hope its not during that time, cause I would love to meet you!

Thanks girls! Ambah I plan on still giving her a "rest" time in the morning because she does get tired and then really have a nap after lunch. So I plan on working her down to 1 nap a day and to get there give her the "rest" if she does sleep it will be a bonus, but I decided today not to stress about that

katanya I use homeopathic medicine to counter act the few immunisations that Matilda has had in the past and I think its been great.

I don't know if I mentioned before about taking Matilda out of day care? The GP was pretty insistent and actually phoned family day care herself... anyway within a day or two they had a placement for Matilda and I went and met the "day care mum" at her house and I have to admit, I'm in love LOL. There are 18mth old twins and a 3 year old there besides Matilda after school hours as her two children are older and in school. I love the ideas she has & the way the place has been set up. Matilda has her own room to nap in without distractions which is fantastic. She is studying sociology and phychology & has had a strong willed child who fights sleep of her own, so she understands Matilda really well already . I'm so excited to have a place for her & not have to worry so much about virus, less kids should equal less sickness (fingers crossed!!)

katanya Guest

WElcome back Christy!!! sleep school seems to have at least acheived good night sleeps for you!! good luck withe the day sleeps..

AHHH Kathryn I know what it is you had a boob job!!! LOL..no I'm guessing a hair colour change!! love the new Avatar, you are certainly looking very sexy..looks like youve been shoppping already

Ambah
    , I think Felix has the fever thing I have had a temprature teddy on him all day and it been back and forth from 37-39, amazingly he has not been that grumpy..we've been at the baby and parents expo all day..he actually feel asleep in his pram, something he NEVER does, so may be part of it..I am relieved actually now I read that because it menas it is not a reaction to the Fluvac..I thought it was weird as he didn't react before..

We had the best day at the parent baby expo I bought so much stuff I will do a separate post about it!

My my what a busy bunch of chatters! It must be Kathryn's secret that's stirring the pot

I braved the toy sale yesterday and managed to get all my child-related Christmas shopping done for half the price, which was fabulous.

The family day care ideas that you girls are floating around sound good. I've got Zeke's name on a waiting list for a C&K one up here at the coast for 2007 (since he can't go to prep until 2008 #-o ). I've got to go and check it out closer to his start date... but they employ mostly early childhood teachers and it sounds good on paper (for 2 days a week during school hours).

Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend, and I'm sure you. like me, will be checking back here tomorrow for the BIG announcement

My new avatar is up girls

Love

Ooo ooo ooooooo I get to be the first to comment. Your new look is very curvaceous and lovely! And way to go Lachlan! Clever boy =D>

Heheheh thanks Misty. The new look clothes wise is going to reflect my upcoming new wardrobe, and of course my special little boy is self explanatory.

Love

Wow Christy, that Family Day Care place sounds excellent!! Just what you guys need!
    Maybe I should start looking into something like that as I will need to be putting Aidyn in care for 2 days per week next year (if I get into my uni course). I have already rang the ABD childcare centre down the road, & they are sending out some forms... but family daycare sounds like a much better environment!

Oh Katanya, I feel SO bad to think that Felix might have caught something off Aidyn! It just honestly didn't click with me that it might be more than just his teething, otherwise I wouldnt have come along! Cause he usually gets fevers that bad when teething anyway...
    Btw, I am sort of giving Aidyn my own diagnosis here, so I'm not 100% certain - however it definately fits the symptoms, and timing of the symptoms too... You will know its definately the same thing if Felix gets a mild rash on his tummy... though at that stage he should be feeling perfectly fine...
    I feel sooo bad
    Btw, what did you buy at the parent baby expo? Is this the one thats on this weekend?? I should really arrange to go with someone!

WOOHOO Kat!!! I Love the new look!!! and WTG Lachlan on the walking! =D>

katanya Guest

Ambah please dont feel bad, that is life, he's actually handling it very well, I am glad that it is something like this and not a reaction..I did have to ring my friend who we spent the day with because if it is she may get it too..it's the risk we take exposing our babies to the world..PLEASE don't beat yourself up about it..it could have easily been reversed!

Did you mean your friend, or your friends baby? Cause I'm pretty sure an adult wouldnt be at risk of catching it, from what I read its just common in very young kids...
    I really hope Felix is coping ok, and will be feeling much better tomorrow... for him!

katanya Guest

Oh no my Friends baby, she is the same age as Felix, but she's had it before? I remember when she had it they said it was highly contagious.. I think I will take him to the dr today as it's been nearly 48 hours just in case it's something else..

We have been busy for the last few days. No new haircut from DH's cousin's little girl the only thing she did was try and give Alex chocolate cake and wake him up.

I went to the target toy sale yesterday and i spent way to many $$$$ i was so shocked when they told me how much i spent all i kept saying was OMG how much. Well that's it for my two now. I did buy educational toys for them both.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast