Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, July '05 #2

So yes.... little bubba is now Walking Still prefers crawling if he is in a hurry but his confidence is definitely increasing and. He also got on the ride along bike for the 1st time yesterday and within 2 hrs was cruising along on that like he had done it for months.

Anyway on his website, you will be able to see a short animation (just over 1mb) of him walking. Just click on his name in my signature and then when the page loads click the last link on the sidebar "Lachlan's 1st Steps"

I also changed my clothes in the avatar to relfect my upcoming new wardrobe.

Love

WTG Kathryn! I am assuming that you didn't really get that boob job LOL and that we can notice the bb's cos of the new outfits! How gorgeous is your little man, Jessica is starting to take off all over the place, so not walking everywhere but doing it alot.

Christy- I agree too on the day sleep situation, night sleeping is most important so you feel human, so if it's gotta be a rest then ....! Sounds like you have met your daycare lady from heaven, hope this helps Matilda stay healthier.

Katanya- hope Felix gets over whatever it is very quickly.

Ambah- I think Jemma will use the baby leap pad way past 3 yrs old. I am trying to book flights now, still didn't get it done yesterday. i am spewing cos I culd've booked them a month ago for $208 and I thought I'd do it later and now I can't get them that cheap. I am thinking of arriving Thurs 18th and flying home on Sunday the 21st. Will let you know for sure when the bookings are done! I am def looking forward to a meetup.

Hello to Mysifying and everybody else.

best wishes Michelle

katanya Guest

Ambah just letting you know we went to the Drs and he has tonsilitis, so release yourself from the self imposed guilt..not even related..and not related to the fluvac..His temp was 39.5 at the drs..anyhow we are on antibiotics due to the fact it could go down.. I hate antibiotics..

Oh no Katanya, I'm sorry that poor Felix has tonsillitis Geez, 39.5 is a really high temp! Poor baby... I hope atnibiotics do the trick and he is feeling heaps better really soon.

Kat - I love the short clip of Lachlan walking - he is doing it so well! =D>

Popping my head in to say congrats to Lachlan! What a clever boy for walking! \/

Thanks girls. He did a few short steps for the MIL & FIL last night even though he was really tired, so all the immediate family have now seen him walk.

He is now also riding his bike really well and has got the hang of turning around on it etc, so that has made Kameron really happy as he now has someone to scoot around with outside.

Katanya - @ Felix having tonsillitis.

Love

awww katanya I hope his tonsils get better quickly!! Matilda's had 3 turns of tonsilitis this year and everytime after 2 days of antibiotics she gets heaps better... I hope everything goes quickly for you *hugs*

Unfortunately our nights haven't been so well since we've been home, both nights so far have been interrupted with Matilda...the first night was 1 1/2 hours and last night was an hour, so at least its only once and shorter than before. We don't go in and she just starts chatting away for the entire time, gets grumpt kicks the wall but doesn't get too upset or distressed so we stay out & eventually she gets back to sleep. We went out to buy an oil heater for her room this morning thinking it may be because it gets cold only in the early early morning. [-o< hope tonight goes better, 1st day at family day care tomorrow!

Thats great Kathryn at Lachlan walking to the IL's! YAY! I love it when they do things for others to see...

Just got home from shopping, and Aidyn was looking very sleepy, so I popped him in the cot and he lay down straight away and went to sleep.
    Now 10 mins later his is awake again and wants to get up! Argh! What's with that? I was just about to get stuck into my mountains of laundry (both clean AND dirty!) LOL

I hope the family day care goes well for Matilda tomorrow Christy.
    I am ringing up our local one tomorrow and putting Aidyn on the waiting list for next year...

Ambah I hope he gets back to sleep! Does he resettle? Matilda will sometimes wake up after a quick settle & be up for 10-15 minutes and go back to sleep. Sometimes I go in and just pat her bum & she's gone.

HEY! I forgot to say another thing we accomplished at sleep school!! On the first sleep Matilda threw her dummy out the cot in protest & the nurse said to leave it there.... its still there now! LOL we never picked it back up! & she walked by it heaps, wasn't interested....Whew! I was worried about giving up the dummy but it was too easy.

I love the clip of Lachlan walking can't wait to see him next Saturday.

We have been busy cleaning the house today. DH has done most of it.
    I gave Kimberley's room a good tidy up as it was such a mess as she would say.

That is interesting about the dummy thing Christy... Aidyn is ALWAYS throwing his dummy out of his cot, except we think he does it to get attention, cause he will cry and whinge and try to reach for it until we come in and give it back to him... and then he will throw it out again 5 minutes later! #-o He has actually been so much more attached to his dummy lately... I dont like it. We usually only give it to him at bedtime, or when we are going out for a long time and he has to sit in the pram. However now even when he is just playing at home he will walk into his bedroom and reach into his cot for it... cheeky boy!

He did end up going back to sleep, but not for another hour. I gave him a swing on his new swing (Kmart got the cheap $15 ones in again!) and then let him play in the backyard for a while, and then he was out like a light again. I even managed to get some laundry done as well as a short nap myself!

I was not too impressed with Aidyn's antics tonight (and lastnight!).... You see, lastnight when we put him to bed, he kept sticking his fingers down his throat and ended up making himself throw up a bit and it went on his Grobag. So I had to take it off him and wash it. And tonight, just when the darned thing was dry and cleaned... I put him to bed in it again, and 30 mins he has made himself puke on it again... YUCK! So now I have to wash it again, and he has to go without again tonight. Its times like this that I wish I had a spare. And I'm annoyed because I know he is going to get cold tonight as he always moves around so much in his cot and kicks his blankets off. So I have rugged him up in some extra layers to compensate.

katanya Guest

Don't worry girls we had a bad nights sleep too..and short naps 8-[ Except Felix does have an excuse ATM..his temp has still ben up oer the weekend, and waking up crying..so antibiotics haven't kicked in yet properly..he screams like a banshee taking them and panadol..

Christy good luck with the family day care centre today..hope it works out well..

Ambah that is awful with the vomiting ..I haven't even got any advice. I guess it's something you can't easily ignore..maybe talk to a MCHN?

Michelle I have been attempting to clean the house and failing due to Felix being sick

gotrta go he's awake

I can now see that organising childcare for Aidyn next year is going to be a huge nightmare whilst studying part time.
    This is because I dont know what days I will need to book him in for until I get my uni timetable... and then every semester when I start new subjects the timetable will change again, and for all my luck it will probably change to different days of the week so I will end up having to put myself back on the waiting lists again, and pray that I can get a spot quickly! and I am going to have to do this every 6 months!
    God knows what I will do if I cant get him into care in time as well... I may have to contact friends of mine and offer to pay them to look after him. And the big problem with that is that they all live more than 1/2hr away from me, and I cant drive ](*,) (will be trying fo my licence soon though!)
    anyway, I put Aidyn on the Family Day Care waiting list this morning, but fat lot of good that is going to do seeing as I wont know my timetable until Jan/Feb next year

Ambah- it is very hard in your situation with the childare, hope something works out for you.

Katanya- hope the antibiotics kick in soon, and poor Felix starts feeling better.

Christy- hope Matilda had a better night last night. But not going to her is the best thing, even if she is awake. And good on her for giving away the dummy!

HI to everyone else. i feel like I am always flying through, with not much time to gasbag!LOL, always something to do here I guess. Josh had a party for his school friends yesterday and the house that was spotless at 1.30pm was disgraceful by 2.30pm. But we played millions of games and the kids had a bawl. So I have spent all morning tidying and now I can hear Jessica crying. I have to go to the shop and buy some bread and pay some bills so I really should go and do it!

Have a good day eeryone.

Hi girls

Anothery fly by from me as well. Been to playgroup this morning and since being home (11am) I have cleaned the house cause of the mum was going to drop some clothes in that are too small for her. But she hasn't arrived yet.

Lachlan is refusing day naps as well now. I have tried to put him down twice today but he is still awake 10/15 mins later then starts crying to come out. Must think he is too good for naps now that he can walk and ride a bike. Too much to do hahahaha.

Anyway time for a cuppa. I am knackered after playgroup LOL.

Oh BTW go shopping for new wardrobe on Friday

Love

katanya Guest

Gawd Michelle, you must just a cleaning machine having 4 kids, I feel for you having your clean house destroyed in an hour, sound like the party when really well though! Well done!

Ambah, it's hard with not know what days you'll need, I have had a second stroke of genious I contacted the c&K kindy and I am going to book him there (starts in 2007) it is 9-2:30 and is community based, run by parents etc..it sounds more like what we want..I think I'll book him 3 days..

Also might check out the childcare (ABC at the bottom of the mountain) for a possible 1 day a week till then..just for a day that I can maybe do some work or have appointments..we'll see..

He is still feverish but not as bad, I think his throat hurts, I felt like this last weekend I hope it's not viral as the antibiotics wont do much..unfortunately his breathing has been labouring today, I am quite worried it's going to chest anyhow..fingers crossed he doesn't end up haing breathing problems and in hospital and how staying postive..

Have a great time on Friday Kathryn

Katanya - Hope little Felix will be ok.

katanya Guest

OOh how exiting Kathryn (you must have posted while I wrote before) about your new wardrobe on Friday!

I think you are right about Lachlan being too excited to sleep, Felix was the same, it was like he just wanted to walk 24/7! Sounds like he has taken right off!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast