Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, July '05

Yay at Zeke's straight haircut Mystifying LOL.

Did anyone else see Wonderwoman's announcement of a twin pg! I know she was in here awhile back, but the announcement was in the twin area. That is so exciting. I wish I had twins *sigh* LOL You's think 4 would be enough wouldn't you?

Hope that everyone's little bubs are feeling better tomorrow, hopefully a good nights sleep will help.

Christy hope things slow down for Matilda very soon.

See ya girls
    Michelle

Oh Christy, I hope things settle down with Matilda's tummy soon! Its good that it doesnt seem to be distressing her, though I am sure you are doing enough stressing for the both of you... gosh I cant believe it came out again in only 7 minutes, that is pretty full on. I will be [-o< that she recovers from this quickly and the poo sample is enough to tell them what is wrong.

Awww for little Lachie, I hope he recovers quickly too! Poor boy, didnt he have a cough just recently as well?

Michelle - I hope Kimberley is feeling better quickly as well.

Michelle - did you manage to pick up the house you wanted for Jessica's bday from the sales?

Mistyfying - Woohoo @ Zeke's straight haircut!!

Not much doin over here... been to the gym 3 times this week which has me feeling really good. Although Aidyn has been uncharacteristically upset when I leave him in the creche. I think he has to get used to it again, cause we had 2 weeks off where we didnt go. When I came to pick him up on Monday he was crying hysterically (overtired) but luckily he hadnt been crying for too long. So I told them to make sure they come and get me if he cries like that more more than 10 mins, cause I felt sooo guilty for not being with him. I should probably get over it though, as I think he needs to learn to be in different environments like that, and after all - it is only for 1 hr 3x a week.

HI Ambah- don't feel too bad about the creche, it isn't long at all, and you are right he needs to get used to it, I know it is hard not to feel guilty when they cry though. I think it's great you are still at gym, I wish I had your energy. And my brother got the house for me in Deer Park, he stopped at the closest kmart at 7.30am and they had none, but he went to the one where he works and they had 20 of them, I am so excited!

I hope Matilda is sleeping soundly atm, and that Christy and Pete are too.

Good night everyone.

Best wishes Michelle

Hi girls...I wish I was asleep at that time, and I wish the night stayed poo free, but alas it was not meant to be...

She's quiet this morning, but still happy & singing, so I was thinking I may go back to the Dr... she developed a cough overnight and has vomitted twice this morning. And everytime she falls asleep, she poos so she's not sleeping this morning either & has been awake since 5.30am... ](*,)

BUT on good news, family day care called today and we have an interview on Monday with a carer who can look after her a full day Monday and half day Wednesday YAY!! So I hope that goes well...

Thats good news about getting an offer for family day care Christy!!
    and that everything goes ok at the Drs this morning...

Woohoo for getting that house Michelle!

After browsing through the catalouges online I've decided to head off to Kmart this arvo (and brave the crowds!) and put a Tonka truck on layby for Aidyn for Christmas. And his other Christmas pressie can be a sandpit that DP will make for him.

Thanks Ambah!! A tonka truck sounds fantastic for Aidyn!

WE have had some results back today, and basically the immediate diarrhoea is food poisoning...%80 chance of it at least & we won't know the final results until Monday. So it could have been the roast chicken on Sunday lunches or day care or something, but the GP's %100 convinced its not viral, but her red throat would have been from her body trying to fight being sick... so YAY. We went in today and had blood tests because Matilda vomitted a few times & was laying on the ground this morning & I decided something had to be done, well... bloods were normal and she wasn't dehydrated which was great.

Christy- good to know what it is, but bad that it was food poisoning, guess you won't be able to work out what it was from but at least you know. How much longer bf the Dr thinks she will start to improve?

Ambah- I love Tonka trucks. Josh had some but he wasn't really into them, some boys are and some aren't. I hope Aidyn loves them, and a sandpit sounds great too. I was so rapt about the house, Mum is buying her the fisher price chair and my brother is getting the pots and pans so she'll be all fisher priced up!LOL

A very rainy miserable day today, we have the footy ball tonight so MIL is watchig the kids here. And good news for next week, my parents are going to come here and watch the kids as we have my best gf's 30th. And I have worked the trick, I asked Dad not Mum and Dad told her they were watching the kids. How good is that?

Anyway I thought I'd pop in, say hi and then get back to my neverending washing, drying and putting away of clothes. Also going to get the kids fired up soon and do a speed clean up of their toys. It works well to have them running around tidying up LOL

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cheers Michelle

Get this the Dr thinks it will take 2-3 weeks before her bowels function normally again...BUT we've only had 4 today so far and there was no morning explosion so no bath at 5.30am!! YAY

Christy,
    Glad you managed to find out what was wrong with Matilda.
    Hope she feels much better soon.

I can't believe it will be 2-3 weeks before her bowels will be back to normal.
    Give Matilda a big hug from me.

Kimberley is still sick with her cold. She seems to want to sleep every few hours so that is helping just can't get her to eat at all. Just glad so far Alex has not caught it just the rest of us.
    Can't wait for her to stop getting in to our bed in the middle if the night.

Hey girls

Christy - Great news about the day care and better news that matilda is slowly on the mend. I could understand with the 2-3 weeks about her bowels, she has been through a huge ordeal the poor little mite.

Ambah - Kam is a huge fan of his tonka trucks, we got him two when Lachlan was born as a present from the baby and they go a treat out in his sandpit. Aiydn will love that too. I hope you like cleaning up after sand though ROFL.

Lachlan still has his cough etc, but he has now pushed through molar two. It is no longer just sitting beneath the gum, it is poking out. He got his cold the last time he got his other molar so starting to see a coincidence happening here. Still eating and drinking like a trooper though

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Love

I'd love to say we are on the way up, but have had some hiccups today, Matilda woke up with her eyes stuck together, they are bright red with green stuff coming out. I can't get her to sleep at all...it took an hour and a half before I gave up this morning and we are just hitting an hour this afternoon... she just sits in her cot & talks to herself, and is really tired, but once again this sickness thing is throwing out her sleep...although she's had a poo 15 minutes after we start settling both times, which means we have to get her up & change it ](*,) I'm starting to go mental because DH is out today and I'm not looking forward to the week ahead.

Urgh Christy, sounds like the start of conjunctivitis. Keep bathing her eyes in warm water. Lachlan has had it a couple of times.

Things surely have to start picking up for you guys soon LOL.

Kam and Andrew have been out most of the day today, poor Lachlan didn't know what to do with himself I don't. Every time he touched something he looked for Kameron lol. But he ended up sleeping for 1.5hrs this arvo as soon as he heard Andrew's voice again though he was awake.

Andrew is getting a cold now ](*,) Hope he doesn't pass it to me !!

Love

hiya girls...

just had a complete Mummy melt down and I felt it was about time LOL. Now that Matilda's sick again, sleeps have become a full on nightmare again.... This morning she poo'd, screamed, vomitted and I was just about to give up & she couldn't control herself, crying & rolling around with her eyes closed... So I called DH crying & upset & he got a bit disgruntled... but he wasn't around this weekend & left me with Matilda...during MY TIME OFF!!! :evil: So I've had a good cry, cuddled the puppies for a while and will go have a shower. Gotta love mummy melt downs..... I feel somewhat cleaner now and ready to tackle things when she wakes up...

*Yvette* Guest

Oops, it seems I was last to post before it got locked, please excuse my lateness.

Christy ikwym about needing dinner early for Matilda. Angus goes nuts if he’s hungry. Sometimes he’s really cranky and we hold out a sandwich to him and he grabs it and fangs it as if we hadn’t fed him for a week, lol. So sorry Matilda’s been sick again, it must be awful for you, & so worrying. Yay for family day care. I had a terrific family day care lady when Ruth was a bub; was really happy with it. Oh dear, sounds like conjunctivitis. I guess her immune system has taken a thrashing with the food poisoning. I do so hope she’s better soon. Poor Mummy!

Kathryn lol @ expecting a wait with Centrelink. I think they’re getting better these days. What’s with kinder in 12 weeks, don’t you start at the start of the year? Your in-laws sound dreadful! So sorry Lachlan’s been unwell, he sounds very cute looking after Kam.

Ambah sorry you’ve all had gastro. Good luck with the nursing application, how exciting. Lol @ resorting to the laptop. If I had one I’d be online in bed, he he. Nothing weird about doing washing at 11pm if you’re up that late, but what’s with all you girls hanging it up? Way too strenuous. I agree it’s good for Aidyn to get used to you having your gym time, they’re very adaptable if you give them the chance. Tonka truck sounds great, Angus loves his. It’s not a genuine Tonka, have had it since Lola was a bub.

Ely you’re doing great with your English. MMR is measles, mumps, rubella (german measles). Happy birthday! So sorry your children have been ill.

Michelle I imagine I’ll feel the same when Angus is ready for kinder. Lola & Ruth loved it, it’s just a pain for Mummy having to drive back and forth all the time coz the times are all silly. Only 2 years of it for each kid, arrrrrggggggh. I was so relieved when they started school, and now I’ll have to do it all again. Lol @ finishing large Milo in 4 days, ours could do that easily too. We have a 2 Milo pp per day limit, max 3 teaspoons per drink (but the kids like me can fit a lot of Milo on a teaspoon). [email protected] Raymond MIL, I love that show but Lindsay hates it so I don’t watch it any more. She sounds dreadful. I used to shop at Broady all the time when I lived over there. I see they’ve moved Warehouse there from Roxy now. & Kmart on the Hume? I think that’s a 24 hour one. Yay for successfully hunting down the house for Jessica.

*Michelle* lol @ non-stop Monsters Inc. Hope Kimberley is over her cold soon. Yay for buying lots of meat, that was nice of MIL.

Kelly, woo hoo for Asha walking. Sorry ‘bout the bit lip, ouch. How clever making noises, Angus still won’t even say Mama.

Hi Naomi. Hope you’re enjoying your new house.

Hi Janelle. Yep, missing laundry for a day not a good idea here either.

Vanita, how could you resist the MIL bashing? It’s all very entertaining really, just hope nobody’s MILs ever get onto BB to see. Poor Chris. I wonder what Lindsay would say if he got on and really let rip about my family, lol. I don’t have any inlaws (just some outlaws from XHs, but I don’t have to see them). I can complain quite a bit about my own parents at times though, & don’t get me started about my brother & SIL.

Hi MistyFying. Glad your kids aren’t sick. Zeke is a cool name btw. Yay for the straight haircut.

Hi Tanya. Sounds like Emily’s doing really well. Very cute about saying red. It’s great when they start identifying things in books.

Hi Marisa. So sorry Kayne’s been sick. Oh no, another evil MIL, lol.

Still lots of colds around I see. I thought I was getting another one yesterday but it was just allergy from washing the vacuume cleaner filter, and went away once I’d had a shower, washed my hair & changed my clothes. Those little dust mites get in everywhere. Get well vibes to everyone & they’re families who are sick, especially Matilda.

Well after that mega catch up, I’ll come back another time to talk about us. We’re all fine anyway.

Hey *Yvette*

Kam starts pre-entry in 12 weeks (term 4), which is 1 day a week for 10 weeks, then it will be full time from next year.

Love

HI girls

Christy I say the same thing everytime, you poor things! But there's not much else to say, you are having such a bad time of it, to turn the corner anytime now would be marvellous. Just keep thinking happy thoughts !

Kathryn- what is the cut off age for kinder in SA? I know your school system is different than ours. Ours do kinder at 4 (cutoff being April 30th) and then start school, but do Prep and then grade 1. Your reception is our kinder isn't it, but then you don't have prep, do they go to grade 1? It is very confusing. It is a good idea for the transition type start. I know a local school here did a huge transition program with the kinder, sot ht the kids new the school by the time they started, way less stress in the first day cos they had been going for 4 mths anyway!

Yvette- you know I love your epic posts. Glad you guys are ok, oh you'll love this if you liked the milo thing.....Jordan was making herself a cup of tea 1st week of hols, I looked in and thought she had a hell of a lot of sugar, there was 13 spoonfuls to be exact and in a very small mug, she was banned from sugar in tea altogether!

Jemma wet her pants in the toyshop today and Arron left very quickly, with her mumbling she had wee'd on the floor. He said it was a huge puddle but he didn't tell the shop lady, the bugger he is!

Michelle- hope Kimberly is better and at least Monsters inc is a good movie, it could be something really cruddy!LOL Hows Alexander going?

We went to the mid season ball on sat night and I beat my drinking record (6 cruisers and a glass of champagne) and what's more I wasn't drunk and I felt really good the next day. I had awful bloating and pain though in the tummy most of the night. It was freezing cold and we ended up walking home cos the taxi was going to take 30mins and it is quicker to walk, Arron couldn't keep up with me cos I was practically running cos I was so cold, I was wearing a dress!

Arron was very crook on Sunday and we didn't do much, except occasionally chat about no.5. I think he is very torn as well cos there are good and bad things about it and we really aren't sure what to do. I am going to let it ride for awhile, finish this months pill and then see what we think (I need a new script) so we will need to decide then.

Today I have spent all day working/cleaning (lovely bathrooms and toilets) and Arron noticed that I worked all day and the house still wasn't clean (which was a good thing). We went and brought a tall boy for Jessica's clothes finally and it needs to be painted buit I am going to use it unpainted for the moment and when the weather gets warmer I will do it cos it is too cold atm and it would take a week to dry. I also brought my slow cooker and the plan is to cook silverside tomorrow, I am excited about cooking so that's interesting! Arron made gnocchi from scratch today nd he was disappointed cos it was a bit floury, but the carbonara sauce was absolutely spot on!

See ya
    Michelle

Hi All,
    I had last week off work - which means I want nothing to do with my laptop or any other computer in the house - thats why I havent been around much.
    Christy - so sorry to hear about Matilda being so sick. It must be so hard on you all - especially you. I really hope she gets better soon!

Yvette - how are you doing? Hows are the little twins going?

MIL's arghhhh. Mine was over for tea last night with my sister in law and her 3 kids. I just walked in the house from being at work in the city and yep there they were. Honestly - you'd think that they get up and help out a little .... but no they sit on their butts and watch.
    I was in a foul mode and was waiting for a smart arse comment - so I could go off at them but DH must have pre warned them about my moods of late! Damn I was really hoping to let off some steam!

Anyway better keep working - catch you all later on.
    Hope you all have a great day and all the little sickies make a huge improvement today.

Well I just had to tell someone, Rianna did her first wee on the potty on Sunday night ( hasnt done it since, but am not really toilet training her atm due to new bubs expected etc.) just popped her on there for familiarisation, IYKWIM. I decided not to buy her too much for xmas ( for a change) but, to clean up the cubby, and put down new carpet, curtains etc, and get her a new tea set and stuff to fill it up with Coz she loves all that sort of stuff, and has the big girls hand me down, ( but of course they are all missmatched etc)

Christy I hope she gets better soon, have you tried her with the Yakuilt to help rebalance the good bug, when mine got the gastro I always gave it to them ( when they are little I squirt it in with a syringe )

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast