Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, July '05

YAy for Rianna =D> what a big girl!

I'm so sorry I wasn't going to post today because I feel like a big whinger lately, BUT... I have one more word for you girls

CROUP

:evil:

Urgh Christy... Will it never end

YAY Well done Rianna. What a big girl you are.

Michelle - LOL I got a bit lost in your post, about kinder etc. With us here it depends on how many intakes the primary school your child is going to does. Kameron was meant to start pre-entry half way thru term 3 and then go onto full time kindy half way through term 4, but the school where he will be going has dropped the number of new intakes which is why he now starts pre-entry to kindy in Term 4. They MUST do 1 whole year of kindy before doing Reception (prep). So Kameron will goto school and do prep at the start of 2007. The school he is going is an R-12 school which is how I know they do the Reception. They also will take the kids for a day a week a few times before they start at the school to get them used to their teachers. (well Kam's school does anyway)

Here it has always been... kindy, reception (prep), Grade 1. When I was a kid I did half reception and half Grade 1.

Love

Christy, it doesn't stop for you atm does it? You must be so tired, I really feel for you. But keep up the good work.... sounds like you're a great Mum and Matilda is really blessed to have you looking after her.

Hi to everyone else. I've been flat out lately and haven't been able to post much. I finally got around to posting Zeke's birth story (thanks for those kind comments ladies). My two have missed out on the round of chicken pox and viruses that are circulating up here at the moment, which is fantastic.

Bye for now!

I’ve been a little awol, cannot believe I am still sick.

Christy – you’re a trooper alright. What a rough time you have had, I hope things start to improve for you all soon. It does sound like Matilda’s immune system has taken an absolute battering. Is there a Naturopath around that may be able to help build it back.? Isabelle was given some stuff called Engerstol a while ago when she was copping every bug in town. It must have helped cos she hasn’t been sick in a while. You can’t very well shove a clove or two of garlic down her when her tummy is like this.!
    Although, when things settle down a bit you can try roasting a clove of garlic and mashing that into her tatoes or something. I’m going to give Mitchell a dose tonight to try and burn off this cold.
    What’s this croup stuff???
    Oh BTW my nurse told me that the bowel can take a good 3 weeks to heal after an episode like that. Poor Mitch had that sore, sore bum with a bout of gastro. We had to take him off the dairy based formula and put him on goats milk formula (a couple fo months back), it worked a treat. I can’t stand the thought of poor Matilda’s bum being so sore!!!
    Ambah – Yay for the Tonka Truck. DS got one for her 1st b’day and she loved it to death and had it for years.

Hi Tanya, Marisa, Mistyfying, Janelle and all you others I can’t quite catch up with.

Vanita BOO!!

Poor ds is so miserable right now, but he looks sooo cute in his purple striped all-in-one jammies. I’d better go and smooch him.

XXOO

Christy- you are not a whinger, we are here to listen and you know we'd be there if we could help! An immune boost would be great, is there a natropath close by?

Lucy- the sickness seems to take weeks to get rid of unfortunately. mitchell's pj's sounded very cute!

Vanita- yay for Rhianna, not great timing atm but she may just train without you anyway!LOL

Kathryn- I don't balme you for getting lost with the bable I was talking, basically SA does the same as VIC by the sounds of it. Maybe it's QLD that is very different, I know I had new children in my grade from Qld and they had been ahead a yr in Qld but came back a yr when they got to VIC. Either way your big/little man is starting kindy soon, which is sad but also happy at the same time. LOL How are you feeling about it all?

jemma has been so sooky today, and she wet her pants at mum's and cos she never does that I don't take a set of clothes for her anymore, maybe I better chuck some pants in the nappy bag just in case.

Arron has booted of fishing tonight in the bay with my brother so I am here all by myself, but I don't mind so much every now and again, gives me time to catch up on here without feeling guilty that he's sitting in the lounge alone.

Have a good day tomorrow
    Cheers Michelle

Thank you so much girls for your support...I don't know where I'd be the last week without you all DH stayed home today. Last night I started coughing and had a really bad sore throat & he decided that he would stay today so I could rest...(btw he's already gotten frustrated with Matilda and she pulled down the bird cage & got seed everywhere...) I went out & put the bird on my shoulder and said, "see???!!!" and ran back here to the computer....

Christy.... I hope you do get the rest you deserve today. You sound so run down. I hope Matilda gets better too!
    Kayne ran into the door frame last night and I thought he'd creacked his head open as it split the skin and with the swelling that came up - it looked like it may have been deep. Luckily it was not a deep cut but he lump on his head was HUGE. I dont ever remember the girls doing stuff like this. Kayne is always in a hurry and so far this year has had one black eye and a hgue lump on the other side of his head.
    I swear people must think that I bash him! I wish he would just slow down.....

Christy- so glad you had Pete home to help today, I hope you are feeling a little better. And same for Matilda. It's funny how Dad's don't quite have the same patience Mum's have.

Marisa- Jemma is accident prone too, and so was my eldest, I felt the same way, re: the bashing thing, unfortunately short of a full body padding and a helmet not much can be done.

Arron has driven me nuts today cos he got home this morning from fishing, had a sleep, then got up while I picked up the kids, then had another sleep, then I went and got Josh from his friends and Arron couldn't even start tea, then he wouldn't go down the shops to pick up the fried rice, and then he basically sat on his arse watching TV while I did all the cleaning up and organising the kids and bathing the 2 littlies. I am so exhausted now and his attitude is he's too tired. All he had to do was help for 10 mins and I would have been happy but,........GRRRRR!

Oh well off to check out what's happening, so far the forums I have checked are very quiet.

Cheers Michelle

Riana seems to be more injured than the twins, but its usually them causing it, IYKWIM. Last night Tahlia bent over to pick up the hair brush, didnt see Rianna, and knocked her to the floor, she put her teeth through her top lip. So now she has a big fat swollen lip with a bloody scab on it, poor little flea!!!!

I just love her enthusiasm atm, nearly every day is the new word, bird, pig, fish, etc its enchanting!!! I love the way they copy every thing tooo, Chris put his hands on his hips, so she did too, and it looked soo [email protected]!!

Anyway sorry, to Rabbit on, ( but I do think she's particularly gorgeous!!! )

Hey girls

Christy - how are you & Matilda doing? I hope she is on the mend soon, and that you are able to get some rest - and not get sick yourself. Big *hugs* for you both.

Vanita - Well done to Rianna for using the potty! =D> She sounds like the most gorgeous little thing from the way you were describing her. I can't wait until Aidyn is that age!

Lulu - I hope you are feeling better soon as well hon...

Michelle - sorry to hear your day hasn't been that great, maybe suggest to Arron that if he doesnt pitch in tomorrow then you will go on strike!?!

Yvette - what a mammoth post! LOL well done!

Hiya and *hugs* to all of you others as well

I am so boring atm girls... nothing new happening here at all. I'm still going to the gym,... Aidyn is used to me leaving him at the creche now - but thats not to say that he has stopped crying, but rather that he anticipates me leaving him and starts bawling as soon as I put him down on their floor... argh... the guilt...
    Nothing exciting happening for me this week, except I will probably walk to the big shopping centre on Friday to buy myself a new bra and some undies... LMAO sorry for TMI but thats about as exciting as my life is atm!

LOL Vanita at Rhianna's new words, cos it reminded me of Jemma's new words:
    eg: "What the hell have you got Josh?" When MIL was babysitting.
    "You are a friggin boy Joshua!" When he was tormenting her and not giving her toy back.
    " You are an Askhold!" YKWIM to Jessica for no real reason.

Needless to say she has been reprimanded and brought to tears, but she will figure it out and won't say the naughty words that we say, well not when we're around anyway LOL

Cheers mIchelle

Ambah- you're not boring, but IKWYM, I feel that way too sometimes. Seems I have nothing interesting to contribute and then I think of something. LOL at Aidyn's guilt trip, I remember Josh running around the room screaming when I left him and punching the window and bawling, and biting people who tried to grab him (how embarrassing was that?) Lucky for me he was the 2nd in childcare or I may have felt worse. Jordan too used to cry when I left, have a great day and then cry when she saw me, it was very annoying cos she had fun all day. What has been happening about the nursing course? When is enrolment?

Cheers michelle

When I used to drop Matilda off at day care she would start clapping her hands & laughing, so it wasn't hard to drop her off, but I saw other mums watch their little ones scream from the time they parked their cars, and some of the boys would throw themselves down & kick & wind up hitting each other... I felt so bad for their mum who had to stand there looking disinterested....meanwhile, Matilda didn't look back, even when I encouraged her too... 8-[

Mitch4now...
    I feel like you re DH as sitting on his butt watching TV.
    My DH does it all the time and sits there watching me while I mop floors and clean up etc. I am so sick of hearing him say "I know things are hard for you (work full time while looking after bubs/teenage kids/housework) but what can I do...?
    How about you get up off your butt and take that mop off me and do it......!!!!!
    Men just dont get it and it is frustrating. I wish I knew the way to get him to do it - without having a full on blue first. Enough of that now !

Christy...
    How is Matilda? How are you going?

No accidents for Kayne yesterday...thank goodness.
    I am tired and feeling sick - wish I could take the day off work but I am overloaded at the moment. Might try and sneak a Nanna nap in when Kayne goes to sleep.
    Hope you all have a good day!!!

Hiya girls...Matilda's well... still the same. Her coughing & breathing was horrible last night, not much sleep to be had for us all. But she's just waking up now & no coughing so far [-o< this is the end of this part. Poos are down to 3-4 a day, still tacky no where near formed, but thats okay by me atm. Her eyes have settled, so I think we are on our way up! YAY!!!

Great to hear Christy. I hope things just keep getting better from here!

Geeze where have I been. Missed a whole page of stuff nearly.

Had a crap night here last night, not with Lachlan, but Kameron. He has developed Lachlans cough just as Lachlan was shrugging it off. So every 2 hours I was awake to Kameron last night. Twice he came to me and once I went to him to rub Baby Balsam on his chest. Thankfully my body woke up at 5am so I could wake Andrew to watch the shuttle launch which was live here on TV cause one of the Astronauts is Andy Thomas who is from Adelaide. I vaguely remember Andrew coming in to say he thinks it has been cancelled again.

Michelle - I am actually looking forward to Kameron going to kindy, cause I think he will really enjoy it. It might be strange for him the first day as it is on the same grounds as Playgroup, so atm if I have to goto the Kindy room for something and Kameron follows he is used to walking out with me as well. So I think the first day when I walk out he might try to follow iykwim as that is what usually happens. I wont be far anyway cause I will have Lachlan in playgroup Next year though I am dropping Friday Playgroup, cause Kameron wont be doing Kindy on a Friday as full time Kindy is only goes 4 days a week, and there is no way I am walking to playgroup 5 days a week LOL. So next year it will be nice. Tuesday mornings I will be home alone with just Lachlan and I for a couple of hours and then the firday the boys will enjoy the mornings playing together at home.

Christy - Great to hear that matilda seems to be improving slowly. Hopefully in a week or two it will all just be a distant memory

Well that post was all about Kameron LMAO.... maybe I should have put it in his forum instead rofl

Love

Kat - awww @ poor little Kam! I hope it clears up quickly for him.

Christy - thats so great to hear that Matilda seems to be on the improve... and hopefully she will be fighting fit for our BB meet next week too!

Awww Marisa, I dont know how you manage to do it! Working full time, plus kids, plus housework... thats just too much! No wonder you are feeling off colour... try to take it easy sweetie...

Michelle - OMG at Josh biting people! My neice used to do that as well...

I have to have my application in for my nursing course by the end of September, and the course will start Feb next year, it is part time, only 2 subjects per semester, and will take 6 years, but once Aidyn is in kinder/prep I can probably go full time and get the last bit done a lot quicker.
    There is heaps I have to get together to apply though. I need references, and I need to write a huge essay trying to prove that I am ready for university. I need to contact old empoyers to try and get references off them too. Plus I also have to sit a STAT test... I probably dont have to do ALL of this, but the more I do, the better chance I will get accepted as a mature age student - so I am going to do everything I possibly can to get in!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast