Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 years, June '05

Yvette- what a surprise, I just bumped into you around the corner. WTG Angus with the babysitting, that's terrific, at least you know you can leave him with someone, I bet your mum had fun too. Hope the bday celebrations go well and the cake is yummy, save me some!

Jemma is sleeping so I am in BIG TROUBLE! She will never go to sleep tonight.

Going now to make a healthy meal, cover ing some foodgroups- actually it is just toasted sandwiches, so not many groups covered there. But we also have coke to go with it , so we are covering junk as well.

Can't have everything!

Cheers Michelle

Welcome Yvette!

Michelle - is your DH back from Airlie yet? I used to go there all the time cause it was less than 2 hours from where my parents & sister lived... I guess it is pretty small, and is very much a backpackers town... Hope he managed to go fishing (for your sake anyway!)

Have had a bad start to the day today... I was all set to go to my Body Pump class when I realised that I left Aidyns pram in the carboot! (which DP has taken to work) So we wont be going anywhere for ages now.
    Aidyin is also pushing through his 2nd molar tooth, and is none to happy about it...poor bubba.

Hi Everyone

How are we all going !! Lachlan is back to his normal self now after having a runny nose for the last 5 weeks or so YAY. Gotta love antibiotics. We think though he was allergic to the ones he was on cause he was throwing up alot with them and had diarrohea. But something obviously went down and worked cause he is alot better now.

I have been out of sorts myself the last day or so. Have my lovely pre AF migraine but it is starting to go away now, i can open the curtains again

Love

Oh I forgot to say

Oh Lachlan learnt a new trick too.... no not walking.... he can now climb up onto the coffee table and climb back down again #-o I walked into the lounge room yesterday and there he was sitting there proud as punch on top of the coffee table. Now he is trying to get his leg up to get on the lounge but he isn't quite tall enough.

Love

Yay Kat, wonderful news that both you and little Lachie are feeling better

LMAO @ Lachlan crawling up onto the coffee table! what an adventurous little boy!

Aidyn had a mammoth 3 hour nap today after we got home from the gym. By the end of it I was so bored I didnt know what to do with myself! So when I finally decided to lie down and have a rest, he woke up, typical!

DP is due home any minute, but I fear that he is going to be cranky, as he knows we have to go grocery shopping tonight, and he HATES it, LOL.

Hi girls...just testing the waters again as I'll be here in a bit over a week!
    YAY!

Ambah, Matilda wouldn't walk in shoes until last week, she still won't walk in some sorts...I think it just freaks them out a bit LOL

I love it when the kids walk/crawl on grass or sand for the first time, the look on their faces is hilarious!!!
    Well I am just sooo spoilt rotton by Rianna, that the little fella on the way is going to be an absolute ratbag to pay me back. Rianna slept from 1130-145 today,and was sucking her thumb and lying on the floor with her eyes closed so she's backin her cot asleep again, and this is a typical day!! Then she'll be back in bed again at 830 when she has a full 12 hrs !!! she'll "only" have 1/2 hr to an hr now, but I mean she is nearly 21 [email protected]!!
    The twins were very similar, a 2 hr sleep in the morning and 1/2 hr in arvo, til they were about 2 then just one 2 hr sleep a day!!

F&*(en babies who sleep... mine has decided that now he has just turned two, he's NOT going to sleep during the day, unless we take him out and run him around (literally) for hours. Not funny. Just when Mummy needs her sleep...

Ohh Divvy I know how you feel. Kameron gave up day time naps all together when he hit two as well and I was also pregnant !!!

Love

*Yvette* Guest

Love toasties Michelle, there’s nothing you can’t put in a toastie.

Thanks Ambah. Molar already for Aidyn! Lol @ not knowing what to do with yourself when he has a long nap. I remember feeling like that with my first bub, but not any more, lol. Online shopping is great when a trip to the supermarket is just too hard.

Kathryn, that’s great Lachlan is over his cold/virus. Sorry to hear you get migraines. Climbing, oh dear. It’s scary isn’t it, Angus has just started doing that too, and sooo pleased with himself while I try not to look either impressed or terrified iykwim.

Vanita we missed Angus walking on grass for the first time, coz he did it with mum the other day, but she described it really well. :-s Angus has really good day sleeps sometimes, but usually only 1 now. We do get him down for the night at 6.30 though, and he goes through til 7, so it’s pretty good really.

Hi Divvy. I don’t remember when the girls finally gave up their daytime naps, I suppose about 2 sounds right. I’m happy to let them watch a bit of telly for some quiet time though.

Angus has just had to be imprisoned in his ‘bouncin baby play place’ to keep him out from under Daddy’s feet while he cooks dinner. He’s got some big plastic spoons though which are distracting him nicely. He’s just worked out how to push the doll stroller around, but not yet worked out how to get his bear in and out of it. And he’s a big Hi 5 fan! Oh, and he’s worked out how to blow into a recorder or a whistle to make a sound, and bang the cymbals together. Whatever toy/object he’s playing with though, he likes to wave it around while he’s walking and throw it on the floor. Perhaps he’s testing out it’s weight or something? It gets a bit loud when it’s wooden train tracks or something.

I am in a bit of a hurry atm, just popped in to see how you all were.

Yay for Lachlan being so clever and fingers crossed he doesn't get too adventurous and climb very high.LOL

Hello to everyone else, will drop in tomorrow.
    Cheers Michelle

Sorry i have been missing from this bit for a while just don't have much time to post at the moment.

Kimberley has a molar coming and a cold.
    Also since MIL has been here she has had so many tantrums.
    She has also dropped her day time nap just when i need her to have one.

The only good thing is she is talking more saying words you say.

@ the tantrums Michelle. Would be alot going on for her though at the moment with a new baby and now a house guest so probably understandable too.

Ambah - I find myself looking for stuff to do as well when Lachlan is sleeping for a long period and Kameron is outside playing. I try to pick up the toys or whatever during that time though, or read a magazine which is getting to be a luxury since I don't get peace in the toilet anymore LMAO. Woohoo @ the molar as well. We thought Lach had one coming but it must have just been him being unwell.

Lmao Yvette. I know what you mean about looking impressed or terrified hahaha. it wont be long and he will work out he can now get outside when he wants. If i put him outside he comes in okay by himself (we have a bit of step) but since he got down off the coffee table okay by himself and that is taller he just has to work out he has to do the same thing to get outside.

Oh and i have other breaking news as well. Lachlan took his first step today so that was very exciting. When we stand him up we stand in front of him so he has just been diving for us, so today I stood him up and stood behind him and he took a step forward before falling to the ground. Wont be long !! 8-[ He is getting frustrated too cause he can't do it more. Poor little tike LOL.

Love

*Yvette* Guest

Michelle how are you handling MIL's tantrums? :-s

Hi Michelle. (2 Michelles in here eh).

=D> Kathryn, Lachlan ready for take-off!

To be honest i am not dealing with the tantrums and MIL very well.
    Kimberley threw a tantrum at the shops the other day and she still brought her a new toy. Not sure what i am going to do when she goes back to the UK. Kimberley thinks now everytime we go to the shops she gets something and what she is getting is not cheap.

Yep 2 Michelle's just to confuse the issue.

Michelle how long will MIL be here? nana's always do **** like that just to **** parents off, although I think MIL nanas do it more than mother nans IYKWIM! Kathryn is right though, alot is going on atm and Kimberly would definitely be feeling it.

Yay Kathryn for Lachlan, he is a superstar isn't he?

We have not much happening here, Jemma had a lovely long sleep this arvo, lets hope she goes to bed at the right time tonight cos she was up and down 50 times last night and we were way over it!

Hope you all have a nice weekend planned, I am off shopping at Chadstone with a gf and Arron gave me $100 to take , how nice! Jordan is sleeping over at a friends on Sat and who knows what else will happen, maybe Arron and I can get his Mum to watch the kids and go somewhere either Sat or Sun night (long weekend in VIC)

Cheers Michelle

Yay for Lachlans first step by himself!!! =D> =D>

Aww Michelle - that really sucks what your MIL is doing... hopefully Kimberley will associate the presents with MIL herself, and not so much with going to the shops? I hope you dont have to deal with more tantrums after MIL is gone.

Sounds like you are in for a great time at the shops with your gf Michelle!

Well I am off to Kingaroy (3 hr drive) tomorrow, and will be staying there till Sunday. Am going to visit Juliette and her new bubba Hannah. Best thing is that DP and Aidyn are staying home!! I wont know what to do with myself, though am I a bit anxious at leaving Aidyn behind. Not because I think DP cant cope, but because I dont know how I will cope without Aidyn! LOL 8-[
    He is doing so well with his walking now too, its just amazing how in the past couple of days his skill has increased tenfold! He is now walking everywhere (without holding onto anything!) over 50% of the time =D>

MIL is here for one more week. Kimberley was good yesterday because she went to day-care. She was so funny when she got out the car she said bye and waved to Alex. When i picked her up she looked around the car for him.

Hope you have a nice weekend Ambah.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast