Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 years, June '05

Kathryn- I didn't know that about the tickers, you learn something everyday LOL

Yay Christy for a better night for Matilda, maybe now the teeth are out she may sleep better.

I have been cleaning all day until now and thought I'd have a break and check what is happening in someone else's life. And of course as soon as I get on Arron rings and asks why I am on here. LOL

I am waiting for him to come home and take the dryer off the wall so I can clean the back of it, as it had a burning smell earlier, I don't think I've ever cleaned in the back and the last thing I need is to burn my house down, so I have been rotating washing around the clothes horse all day, Great fun!Hope you are all well
    Best wishes Michelle

babies Guest

Hi girls!
    In Italy it's morning! And I am at work...

Astrolady, sorry, I don't know about tickers! Can I write two sentences about my two children? For example: Gabriele, 6 Agoust 2000 - Serena, 6 Agoust 2003. Is it true?

Michelle, your job is very beautiful! I agree, it's very hard to work with children at home! In Italy we must stay at home from 2 (or 1- only if the woman is fine) months before the day of the birth (presunt day) to 3 (or 4)months after the birth. In total we stay at home for 5 months, and our pay is 80%. Than, we can deciding to stay at home for 6 months, and our pay is only 30%. We must use the 6 month before the baby's 8th birthday. When we work before the child's first birthday, we have 2 hours for nursing; so I didn't work for 8 hours every day, but only for 6 hours.

What's the meaning of LOL? For example "you learn something everyday LOL".

You are very good, you speak also italian. I'm happy!

Christy, for the teeth we use naturally medicines (homeopathic remedies) and in anther country people use a special necklace of amber. Then it's very important cold things, but also cold food, such as icecream.

By!
    Ely

Ciao Ely! You can write two sentances in your signiture, thats fine. Italy has a great system for Mothers. Thats fantastic.

LOL means Laugh Out Loud

Well we've had a good day, Matilda has been very sleepy. She had two 2 hour naps! YAY! So I slept for an hour this afternoon, it was great.

babies Guest

Ciao Christy!

What time is it? Here it's 10.14!

Well we've had a good day, Matilda has been very sleepy. She had two 2 hour naps! YAY! So I slept for an hour this afternoon, it was great
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!

LOL in Italy is "ridere a crepapelle".

babies Guest

I have changed my segnature. Now I hope it's true!

I have received two private messages, about my segnature and two tickers, but I can't answering. Why?

Hi Babies

Only people that pay for membership to the site can use the private messaging service.

Your signature is great now Thankyou.

Love

Hi all! I hope you are having a good day. Matilda slept well last night as well, but today its been raining & DH took the car so I am desperately trying to find fun things for her.... So we went & jumped in the puddles for 20 minutes and she was so tired when we got inside & changed her into dry clothes & she's asleep...whew...I'm tired too now!

Hi Girls

I hope everyone is well.

It is a gorgeous day here and Lachlan is outside having his first proper play by himself. Well Kam is out there too but i am not out there just watching through the window. He is throughly enjoying himself as he hasn't had an opportunity to get out there much and last time i put him out there he came straight back in

Love

babies Guest

Hi!
    Here it is very very hot! Too hot! So children can't going to play into the garden. They must stay into the home. I paly with Gabry and Sere with papers, pencil, marhing pens, paint-brushes, scissors, glue and so on. And we play with water! So they are calm and they don't sweat.

Today I'm unhappy, because my husband is going to Paris. It's very sad without him.

By
    Ely

OMG, I cannot describe how cold it is right now!! Heater on ALL night ($$$, but what can you do??) the carpet was even freezing cold. My sister bought me a pair of moccasins today and I am wearing them with pride. Dad nearly had a heart attack when he called around today as we were both wearing them, moccasins have been a family joke for years and he never thought we would end up wearing them ourselves - just need to add a really tight pair of stonewash jeans (yuk) and a black tshirt to complete the look.

Christy I want a CV on your life - you have done some amazing things - how old are you.? Hope you are HEAPS older than me. Then I won't feel bad about giving up music and never getting to Italy to live.!!!

Actually I was about to book the tickets for a 4 month stay for myself and DD, but did the pg test first - lucky! I almost went anyway - I still have my book on Italian monasteries, but refuse to look at it.!!

Had a fantastic playgroup committee meeting last night - heaps of really enthusiastic parents who are diving into our fundraising with gay abandon. Thank god - we can finally get some action - like a shade sail for the sandpit, although hard to believe we are ever going to need one again with weather like this. I would not be surprised if it SNOWS one night. The sky is SO clear.

going to turn on lekkie blanket now!

Christy- the puddles sound like such fun, so glad Matilda seems to be sleeping.

kathryn- how nice for you to get to watch the playing, it is so cute to see them play alone.

Ely- I too think you have a very good system which looks after the mother. I don't speak italian unfortunately, I only learnt how to count to 10 in first yr of high school. How long before your husband gets back from Paris? I would love some warm weather right now.

Lucy- I can just see you flopping around in the mocco's, so cool you bogan!LOL But you are right it is cold, and if you're cold imagine what it's like in my world.

Hello to everyone else.

I took all the kids to the doctors today cos I wanted jessica to be checked out. We have all had the same cold but I was worried hers was moving to the chest. The dr was happy with her so no antibiotics just some other medicine to get over the counter.

I went to a linen party tonight and spent more money......I think I need to win lottoLOL

Anyway better fly
    Cheers Michelle

Wooooohooooo Holidays have begun!!! Last day of work today for 2 weeks ... time to catch up on posting. Well for a little while anyway. My parents will be here for a few days in the second week of the holidays and then they fly to Adelaide for a 10 days and then they are back again for a week. Emma & Jack are off to their Dad's from Wed to Sun next week so it will just be me and Asha at home during the day. A good time to catch up on my digital scrapbooking, especially Asha's birthday page!!

Had a bad night with Asha last night. I gave her some banana custard as it had been a while since we had tried her on banana (last time she had it she was sick) and I wanted to see if she had gotten over that but I can tell you she hasn't!!! She was sick all over me! She woke up at about 10.30 and I sat down with her in the lounge thinking that she would go back to sleep again like she always does but then she started to grizzle and squirm then she vomited twice all over me! Cleaned her up and I changed my clothes then we sat down again, this time with a towel and then about 20 minutes later she did it again. Gave her some water thinking maybe it was gastro and not the banana but she drank the whole bottle and kept it all down. So no banana anymore! She was grizzly today but wasn't sick and had no loose bowels so will keep an eye on her tomorrow and if I need to I will take her to the doctors.

OOoooo she took two steps on her own on Monday but hasn't tried again since, she is quite happy to walk around with her walker and stands happily on her own. I am in no hurry because so far she has been just like Jack was as a baby and once he started walking he didn't stop!!!

I am thinking about having another baby but will wait until January to make a final decision, so much to consider ... new car, new house, what if Ryan's girls decide to come live with us ... so much to think about!!!

Hope all the kidlets are well. Sorry there are no personals ... I will get to those tomorrow I hope.

Cheers

Hi all!! I've tried to post three times in the last day but things are playing up on me our cable is playing up...

Anyway...Lucy I was very adventurous when I was younger and at school I would do anything I put my mind too...but the last 7 years have been pretty sedate LOL living in Sydney & Brissy.... I started playing music when I was 10 and basically travelled the US playing by the time I was 18. Got bored at uni so decided the only way I could afford to travel was be an exchange student (mainly because my scholarship in the US would pay me too) so I became and exchange student here in Australia... I had to study Italian for my music degree, but unfortunately I haven't been to Italy...I WISH!! I chose Australia because from the time I was 10 I wanted to play in the Sydney Opera House...so I did. I grew up in San Diego which is an hours drive to Mexico so I spent heaps of time there.

YAY for holidays Kelly!!! for Asha being sick!! WOW banana is a huge part of Matilda's diet, I think she eats 1/2 to 1 a day...that would be awful having that sort of reaction.

Kat thats so cute about Lachlan out playing by himself...

Michelle I would spend too much going to parties so DH has banned any form of party until next year

Ely it is hard when our husbands go away. I really miss my husband every time he goes away and I have trouble sleeping. I hope it is not for long?

Morning Girls

Lulu - That is fantastic about your playgroup meeting. We had one the other week and we finally met the president of our little governing council, and well I don't like her much. We want to do some major fundraising but half the stuff we put forward she said no too and the one we did want to do she said "only if the kindy can take part too" which means we now have to share any profits with the kindy. Sure we might actually get a bit more profit from it, but it still sucks and she is one of those ppl that doesn't let anyone else get a say, or put their reasons across. ](*,)

However we did have playgroup sa come out yesterday and they brought an "active play kit" with them for us to keep, so we got about $500 worth of free stuff for the kids to play with, everyone thought their xmas's had come at once. They all had a blast.

Woohoo about the holidays Kelly. Ours start at the end of next week. Currently in week 9. at being sick with the banana too. Lachlan is like Matilda will sit and eat a whole banana in one sitting and will scream if anyone else has one and he doesn't get any LOL. Oooer about thinking about another baby as well. How exciting, even if it is just only thinking at this stage. Well done to Asha too for taking 2 steps =D>

Ely - it is very hard when husband goes away. My husband was going away in November, but he changed his mind and we are going away as a family in September with friends. I am looking forward to it alot.

Ambah - Helllllllo !!!!!!!!

Lachlan was walking quite a bit by himself last night. Up to 7 steps pretty regularly. I looked in Kamerons book and Kameron was only taking 2 steps at 15mths, so Lachlan is doing quite well, since he will be 15mths next week.

Love

Hi To Everyone,
    Hope all the little toddlers are doing well! Yuk to vomiting babies.
    I was wondering how eveyones bub's racted after the MMR needles.
    Kayne really has not been well since the shots. First he came up with the biggest lump at the injection site -red and swollen. Then he did the throwing up. Since then he has been coughing, sneezing and gone off his food. He is only eating a really small amount each day.
    So I was just wondering how everyone else's kids handled it.

Matilda hasn't had the MMR yet because she fought so hard with the nurse over the HIB on the nurse wasn't game to give another needle. And we aren't sure about giving the MMR at the moment...although watching House last night may have changed DH's mind

House was so good last night ... although it was pretty scary to see what can happen with measles!!!

Asha had her MMR last week along with 3 other injections. Back for another one in 2 months and then that's it until she is four!!!! She did a great job and was only grizzly for about 10 minutes. She has been fine although maybe after reading Marisa's post maybe that is why she threw up and it wasn't the banana custard!!! Hmmmm maybe we will try the banana custard again in a month or two.

Kathryn - That sucks about the President. I am glad it was you and not me because I have a habit of saying what I truely think and I wouldn't have said anything particularly nice!!! Yay to Lachlan for beginning to walk. I find it strange that Asha isn't really walking yet, Emma walked at 12 months and Jack walked at 10 months!!! Still like I said no need for her to hurry!!!!

As for the baby, I have names picked out already (Seth Ryan Geoffrey & Lily Patricia Elizabeth or Beth Patricia Lilian) and I had a dream the other night about having another one. I don't really know how Ryan feels about it ... mind you he would just say that we would have to have sex to have another baby!!! Poor guy thinks the world has come to an end!! LOL

Ely - Welcome to BB ... It is hard when your hausband is away, I do understand. It is hard for me to sleep when Ryan isn't home but then again I do enjoy the peace and quiet Not much changes when he goes away because I usually have everyone organised by the time he gets home anyway and more often than not Asha is in bed asleep!

Well I can hear the munchkin waking up ... Hello to everyone else!

Cheers

Hi girls

Kathryn gotta love freebies, and bugger the president, obviously a very selfish women, whixh is such a shame as you have worked so hard. Woohoo at the 7 steps!

Kelly- Our holidays started Monday so we are having a hard time being stuck nside, it is raining today and very cold every day too which is not good. What a terrible time Asha had, hopefully it wasn't the banana, cos they are so yummy. And thinking of another....I wish I was up to that lol. All done here girls!

Christy- you have done some terrific things, maybe you'll eventually get to Italy one day though, you can't rule it out just yet.

Nothing happening here at all, I felt like I was going to vomit this morning so of course arron said his usual line "You better not be pregnant!" I'm not but I didn't feel good, it passed after a while but it wasn't good. Speaking of pg though my cousin rang and is pg with her 2nd so that is very exciting news, esp for their family aas the 3 sisters are all pg now, one due in sept, one in nov and one in Feb. It does make you clucky that's for sure.

Cheers Michelle

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast