Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, May '05

Naomi- how terrible for Nick, I hope he feels better soon, I am always telling Jemma not to touch the cotton buds, we keep them up high but as soon as i get them down to use them she is trying to get into them. Little bugger!

Kathryn- bummer about the colds, Jemma and Jessica both have runny noses at the moment but I think Jessica's is to do with her teeth, although it will probably turn into a cold anyway.

Jillian- I think it has something to do with the name Joshua. Our Joshua was terrible from the time he turned 2 until present day. We both were quite happy to have a 3rd girl as we thought maybe it would be easier not having to have another Joshua. It is really hard to get them to listen to anything at his age anyway, my mum was the same with my brother, and I think in the end she just prayed that he would get through unscathed LOL. He split his head open at least 4 times, and almost killed himself doing an evil kinevil bike stunt without his helmet. Drs told her another inch and he would have been killed instantly. He also climbed a 6 ft fence at 2 and was going to cross the massively busy main street of our suburb so that he could visit me at school, which is why mum thinks she had my sister early LOL. Good luck is all I can offer you cos we are still struggling and Josh will be 6 in July.

Got our TV unit last night and it is set up in the lounge, with the new couch and the unit it looks like a different room. Now I have loads of reorganising to do to move the other tv unit and set up the study the way I want it. That's tomorrows project.

I finally have my gastroscopy booked for Tuesday 17th and can't wait to hae it over and done with. I hope it finds the problem and I can get the right treatment.

Have a lovely day girls
    Michelle

Makes mental note - if have another child and is boy don't name Joshua.... LMAO

Not feeling too bad with the headcolds, has developed into anything too major, just makes ya feel lethargic during the day but not really sneezing or blowing my nose too much so that is good.

Not much to report this end, Lachlan has been pushing our kitchen chairs around and walking behind them but wont walk behind the push along walkers etc yet. No rush to have him walking though he can take as long as he likes hahahaha. I keep saying he will walk at 16mths, as he has done everything 3mths before Kameron did when it comes to major milestones like crawling etc, and Kam walked 1 week off being 19mths. Will see if my prediction is right 3mths to go heheheh

Love

Hiya girls,
    Just filling in the time now before DP gets home from work as we have to rush straight off to the Drs for Aidyns 2nd lot of needles.... No sign of DP yet though, and I have a feeling we are going to be quite late. #-o

I am having a terrible time atm... I pulled/tore a muscle in my shoulder 3 days ago... and it hurts like buggery. The pain radiates all the way from my neck to my left upper arm, and then down my left side and across my stomach muscles too... I have no idea how I did it, but I assume it is from picking up my heavy, heavy boy, cause everytime I pick him up now it hurts so much that it almost makes me cry. Am going to have to beg the Dr at Aidyns appt to give a me a script for some painkillers or something. I was up at 5am this morning cause of it, and felt like I was going to vomit or pass out, thats how much it hurt.
    Anyway, sorry for the huge whinge... DP isn't being all that sympathetic, so I figured I would pour out my woes here, LOL

Kat - I hope you and Lachie are both feeling much better now from your colds.

Noami - poor little Nick, that must have been so painful for him! to the little guy... hope he is feeling better now?!

More personals later, DP just drove up.

Oh Ambah- you poor thing,hope you start to feel better and the Dr gave you something worth having. You know you can count on us to give you hugs and sympathy LOL. Also hope Aidyn's needles went well.

Kathryn I can relate to the no need to walk early thing, mine walked though at 11 months and one at 12 months. I am praying Jessica gets past 10 mths, cos at 7 mths she was already cruising the furniture and I am getting concerned that my baby will grow up quicker than ever. *sob*

Anyway I have the best study in Australia after spending the day uncluttering and cleaning away a tonne of dust. Boy it gets dusty behind/underneath fixed furniture. I am tired but satisfied.

Have a lovely day
    Michelle

Thanks Michelle
    Well done on getting your study all cleaned out and arranged... want to come over and do ours now? j/k

The Dr gave me a script for Panadeine Forte... so I was planning on writing a long post here, but it has made me so tired that I am going to hit the sack now I think.

Aidyn's needles went ok... he carried on screaming quite a bit more this time than he did lastweek. Probably because he was overtired already, poor little bubba. Now we just have one more pneumococcal shot left, and that will be it for ages.
    We got him weighed, and he is only 12.2kg! Which means he has only gained 1.4kg in the past 4 months! But he is still above the 97th percentile for his weight. He is about 79cm tall, which puts him in the 70th percentile for height I think?

Argh... sooo tired, must go to bed now... nighty night xox

Ambah, I hope the shouldre heals quickly, its hard when you've got a little one to pick up too!! Aidyn is a lovely weight, they slow down now, But Rianna is only 10 kg ( 19 months) so he's on track!!!

I should really get Lachlan weighed one of these days lmao.

Ouch at the shoulder Ambah !!!

Lachlan is fast asleep had playgroup this morning and then we had a meeting at the local day care centre as well with the kindy directors. So poor Lach was knackered.

Wow at tidying all your study Michelle. I wish I had energy to to stuff like that, dusting is way down on my list of priorites rofl. But I had made banana cake before we went to playgroup at 9am this morning, done the dishes and hung out a load of washing 8-[

Anyway should go and find the other boy some lunch.

Love

Kathryn- I admire the cake baking at 9am. I actually grabbed a packet cake mix out of the cupboard at about 10.30 this morning, put it in the oven and was so annoyed when i turned it out cos the bum stuck in the cake time AGAIN! It always happens to me. How do you grease your tins? It is a non-stick pan too. GRRR! Then realised I can't ice it anyway cos not enough butter so jemma and I ate the bit that was stuck and we now have a mangled cake. I really wanted to make scones but no butter so...have to get some when I pick up the kids.

Cheers mcihelle

Rofl @ the bum sticking michelle. We use bilo cooking spray to grease our tins. But no matter how much i put on it still has a little bit that sticks. Not heaps though. So I know where you are coming from.

Everyone going well here, went up to Munno Para shopping centre with a friend this morning as she wanted me to check out some stuff for that we could use for playgroup that she spotted up there.

Apart from that not a great deal happening. Lach is now down to 1 nap a day I think. He definitely isnt wanting to go at 9am anymore (not that he can 3 days a week anyway when we are at playgroup), so he has been going at 11.30ish and sleeping through lunch but then that is all he has then till it is time for bed at 7pm.

At least he is sleeping in again till 7am now and not waking up at 6am

Love

just visiting...

Just wanted to say I put a sheet of baking paper down on the base of my cake tins & then spray & I have no bum left in

LMAO @ all the bumless cakes around Australia :P

Love

LOL.... I think we will be saving that saying for a while, Thanks Michelle

katanya Guest

We've arrived!

Forum Name: Katanya
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 15th May 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Felix Wolf
    Baby's Website: http://members.dodo.net.au/~katanyas/
    Health Concerns: Chronic interstatial pnemonitis, Failure to Thrive
    Oxygen @ night, Nasal Gastric Tube feed @ night.
    Notes: Despite his health problems, he's happy, active and developing normally!

katanya Guest

Hi everyone..were here..I can rejoin all my recently departed buddies!!
    Hi Mel, Kathryn, Ambah, Christy..hold on Christy?? :-k aren't you a month behind us? Ah..you are everywhere

just wanted to say hi, Felix had a great birthday, I will post some photo links that I posted in the illness/disability thread just in case anyone is curious..

Party on Saturday with family and friend (minus nasal gastric tube hehe)
    http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANmzVqzaMmzEyg

Party with mothers group and kids
    http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANmzVqzaMmzErA

talk to you all soon!

OMG @ Felix being 1 already !!!!!

Welcome about Katanya. Great to have you with us.

Love

Welcome katanya and Felix. Had a looka t the pics and I must say Felix is looking a little plumper than he has previously which is wonderful!

Now you girls- I am going to have to cry the grease proof paper, Christy do you just cut a piece to fit the base or do you have it going up the sides too. I just want to get this right. I do use cheap baking spray but I lose almost half the cake. Youe should have seen the end result, it was terrible, butwe still ate it and MIL had a piece and didn't say anything, she mustn't have noticed. Still didn;'t make the scones, maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

I had my long awaite gastroscopy today and it founf NOTHING! which is good and bad, cos it means I still don't have an answer, it must mean I have gastric reflux cos I didn't have a prob when I was on meds for this so.... I need to see a dr in 2 wks for follow up. BNut there was no ulcer or irritation etc. I was quite a bit relieved but still sort of annoyed. At least I know that I don't have cancer or something like that, which was my greatest fear, albeit an irrational thought.

Anyway hope everyone is well, wherever they are, haven't been around much you girls in here
    must move on
    best wishes Michelle

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Default Re: 12 Months - 3 Years, May '05

[quote="Astrolady"]Welcome to the 12 Months to 3 Years thread for May 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

12 Months to 3 Years List - May '05

Forum Name: MUMMY4LIFE
    State: South Australia
    Baby's DOB: October 2003
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Samuel
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Michelle I cut it to fit the base and I leave the sides and do the knife thing around the sides to get it out nicely....well thats the idea anyway

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast