Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, October '05 #2

Wow you girls have been chatty today.

Hi AMbah glad to see you back, how's the turkey's going? Any babies yet?

Christy- sounds like you got heaps down, great work. We are also having Jess wake up around 6 or 6.30 cos of the light I'm sure. I give her a bottle and she goes back to sleep for awhile. She was bugered today as she only had a catnap when we picked the kids up from school. Hopefully she can sleep in.

Kathryn- my brother suggested a size, which in my clerness I can't remember. But somethng about that for the windscreen they are usually about 80cm long and he also said a height measurement I think it was 8cms. Reason being cos they can't be seen if they are any smaller, IYKWIM. He said something about $20 but don't quote me on that. This is a high quality vinyl sticker so if that seems pricy it may be because it should last. Best thing is to let me know exactly what you need and then I can show him.

I am tired and have just remembered I have to go to the supermarket, cos we have no nutrigrain and that is a crime!LOL So I better get off and go and buy some, thank goodness that Coles is open till 12am. I really hate going down late though.

Michelle- Jemma used to complain alot about tummy pains and it was always just bf poo's I did ask a dr about it and he said it was quite common and didn't indicate anything bad. It's great when tt kicks in isn't it? Kimberly has done very well.

Cheers michelle

Michelle - If it is $20 that is fantastic !!

Oh yeah I have forgotten about Ambah and her turkey friends. How are they going Ambah? are they still there? Give us an update.

Not much going on here, looks like it will be a nice day so the boys will happily play outside again. They had a bath last night and Lachlan screamed blue bloody murder when i poured water over his head. That isn't like him at all, so don't know what was up with that. Will have to wash his hair with a flannel for a while.

Cause Kameron is now nearly 4 we let him have a bath unsupervised, he still only has a couple of inches of water cause Lachlan is normally in there first with him to begin with, so we get Lachlan washed etc and then Kam can have the bath to himself. Anyway last night Kam was splashing around like he normally does, then we heard a thud and screaming...I was just on my way in there to tell him to calm down a bit. He slipped and hit his head on the bath right on the corner of his eyebrow.

Came up in a nice lump and bruise, but looks okay this morning. Trust Kameron to slip in the only spot in the bath that doesn't have a non slip stickers #-o

Anyway got our plans for the pergola last night, so have to submit them to council this afternoon when Andrew gets home. There goes another $140 for the submission of them. Better be approved !!! It is a straight forward pergola and only has a flat roof as well, so can't see it being too much of a problem.

Love

Ouchie @ Kameron's head. Hope the bump goes down soon.

I remember Kimberley doing the same and i would not take her out until the bruise had gone.

Argh... that darned bloody turkey!!! ](*,)
    Our yard and driveway are now nothing bus a huge mess of dirt, dead plants, and mulch spread around everywhere.
    Turkey has also moved out the back and started stripping everything there too, and sweeping it in a huge pile against the side gate... dumb thing doesnt realise that he cant get that stuff over to the front. #-o There is 2 inches thick on the driveway and the car keeps skidding on the way out... I need to sweep it today I think. The 'mound' is now about 4m X 3m, and is still growing. The turkey is getting laid heaps... he had not one but TWO girlfriends waiting in line for him yesterday... I estimate there are at LEAST 20 eggs in the mound already. I dont think they're going to hatch until late Nov or Dec though, and the chicks dont stand a good chance with the cats around. (they are left to their own devices once born)
    Jackson is on leave next week, so we are going to look at replanting and turkeyproofing the garden. And the only way we can come up with is laying chicken wire over EVERYTHING and securing it with little pegs, (sorta like tent pages). Cause its getting to the stage where the turkey is digging up so much dirt that he is exposing the roots of all of our larger plants and trees, and they are going to die if we dont rescue them soon.
    Have heard along the grapevine that there is 'Turkey catcher' who for a fee will come and take him away... might have to look into that. Except if this turkey is taken away, another will just come and take his place... ](*,)
    So anyway, thats my update.... rofl!

Awww, poor Kam, I hope his head is ok!
    YAY at getting your pergola plans Kat, I hope they are approved straight away!

Ooh Michelle - I am jealous that you have a Coles open till midnight! We have nothing like that up here! I've also heard that there is a 24hr Kmart down in Melbourne too.... unfair!!! lol

anyways, time to start getting ready for gym I think...

Rofl @ the Turkey update Ambah. Geeze he must be a stud with 2 girls lined up for him !!

Our coles here is open till Midnight... I keep forgetting though and always think "oh bugga the shops are shut" lmao.

The pergola plans should take 5 - 10 working days to get approved. So will find out soon I hope. Must get our paperwork done as well to get the money to pay for the pergola LMAO.

Love

HI girls

Ambah you poor thing, I would get the turkey catcher and if another turkey comes I would get him again. What a way to have your garden wrecked. Hope you have a good morning at the gym.

Kathryn- Usually pergolas are straight forward and you prob won't have much trouble I'd say. LOL we didn't get the permit and as it was just drawn onto the plans the last time we put it in the council didn't realise. We are yet to have final inspection on the 2 extensions, cos they aren't quite finished LOL Another case of bored husband syndrome! Poor Cmaeron hope it heals quickly.

Michelle- it's horrible when people look at you as if you have bashed your kid isn't it?

Well tryin to clean but not getting far, I have sore ribs, I seem to get muscles pain after exertion, not that I need to exert much, it was sore last night and not sure what I did but tonight will be worse cos I hung clothes on the line. have now run out of pegs to hang the 3rd load, must do something about that I guess. The elec bill was nearly $500 for the month OUCH! Too much clothes dryer! Luckily with concession I have to pay just over $400 but still, no excuse now that the weather is better. Arron will whinge about it so I am not saying anything LOL. I rang and got an extension.

I go to ALbury tomorrow, and I am feeling half half about going I always feel like that when I leave the kids though. But I know I really should go cos it is good for all of us! I have started getting my clothes ready, but am sure I will pack 3 times more stuff than I need just incase. Must remember bathers though cos accomodation is at a resort, with gym, sauna, spa etc. Money is a bit tight so I am a little concerned about just wasting money!

Isn't it funny how I feel guilty yet Arron doesn'tbat an eyelid at spending at all.

My bday is monday too so I guess it is sort of depressing knowing that we have hardly any money. Not that I want something really expensive but it would be good to get something nice IYKWIM. I am a little peed off cos BIL returns from his trip to melb on my bday. He had perfect timing cos he arrived here bf his trip on the day bf Jordan's bday and comes back on mine. He is a real tool though, cos he organised it so that he arrives 9pm and leaves 10am the next moring, which means it is a school night and the kids won't really see him. He got engaged to his gf while OS and people won't even have time to catch up bf he goes back to QLD.

Anyway must keep moving Jess has woken up and I have some ebay stuff to do
    Cheers michelle

Ouch at the electricity bill Michelle. We pay $25 a fortnight onto our electricity and water bills (set up an automatic thing in my bank account to pay it). I thought I would miss the $50 and I do sometimes, but i know it is going to a good cause. When the last lot of bills came in we were $35 in credit on the water bill and I only had to find just over $200 to pay the electricity. I will probaby drop the Water bill to $20 a fortnight when the next one comes in and put that extra $5 on the electricity.

Have a good time in Albury !!

Love

We do something similar Kathryn, I pay $$ monthly onto the gas, electricity & rate accounts so its not so big when it comes in. I try to divide up what we paid on the last account and do it that way.

Our electricity came in yesterday too, and there was only $93 left to pay! (we pay $20 per fortnight) Its the lowest its ever been, and I wonder if its because I have been making a consious effort to turn all lights and appliances (ie.computers) off when not in use...

Michelle - I hope you have a wonderful time in Albury! and don't forget to treat yourself... it is almost your birthday after all!

Hrmmm... why is Brisbane so backwards by not having any supermarkets open till midnight? Annoying!!! [-(

Ambah do you just turn them off (applicances that is) or actually turn them off at the power point as well. I have heard turning them off at the power point saves more electricity then turning off at the on/off switch. But I am just too lazy LMAO

Love

Ambah theres a supa IGA open 24 hours in Kangaroo Point

cazoraz Guest

hello fellow mums of 12-3yr olds!

Forum Name: cazoraz
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 23/08/03
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucy
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Just wanted to intro myself, my name is Caz and my daughter Lucy is 26months old.

We are currently trying to toilet train her, and I was wondering what you guys did/are doing for your toddler? She will sit on her toilet insert and use the step, and she can practically change her own nappy. The only problem is getting her to realise she is about to do wee or poo and getting her to the toilet in time, she tends to only tell us when she is actually doing it or afterwards...

What did you do? ANy advice welcome!

xxxCaz

Hi Cazoraz

Toilet training can be tricky cant it. Is she showing any signs that she needs to goto the toilet that you can pick up on, like crossed legs or holding herself etc??

Have you tried training pants instead of using a nappy? Maybe she wont like the wet sensation and realise then that she needs to use the toilet. When Kameron wet himself when he was in jocks we would say "No Kameron, wee goes into the toilet not in your jocks. If you need to wee go to the toilet" It didn't matter if he didn't make it as long as he attempted to get there.

Goodluck with it all.

Love

Hi girls! LOL at the turkey story Ambah, keep us informed on that one! I don't think I've ever seen a turkey chick which is odd given that I've spent so may years on farms. I wonder if they are cute?! DS is obsessed with birds... any kind, although he isn't keen on ravens or crows (when he sees them he kinda turns to me with an "ouch" expression on his face)... weird that, given that his toddler's mind hasn't been overlaid with our cultural idea of them as being linked to evilness etc. We have crimson rosellas in our backyard nesting in a date palm at present. Once we also saw an owl which let us shine a torch on it. I was reading Harry Potter at the time so was very impressed LOL. There's also black ****toos, magpies, minor birds, finches and top knot doves which are the ones DS tries to catch on a daily basis.

Because I'm still kinda new I recently did the "personality profiles" here at BB. I quickly skimmed over the other postings and Ambah! You don't drive... neither do I! AND the woman who used to live in our house with her family of three children and is also an 18/7 person also didn't drive until she reached her early 30's! *insert Twilight Zone music*

Oh and Christy: yes The Pixies are in my top 3 fav. bands of all time. Don't ask about the other two because you'll hate them as everybody else seems to do *L* ...although the Dandy Warhols have almost superceded one of them.

My DD read to me last night for the first time in ages. She came into my room just before she went to bed and said "Can I please read some of Emily EyeFinger to you? Please?" How could I say no. Anyhow, I was really moved by how she got me absorbed into the story so quicky... I forgot that she was reading to me and really got swept up in it like you sometimes do with professional readers on tapes etc. The reason I mention this is because she's been driving me nuts lately and this simple act has healed a bit of a rift I think

Anhow, have great afternoons everyone, may they be peaceful

oh sorry...welcome Caz! I got a bit carried away with myself and didn't see your post come in. My little one's doing okay with training but I hope you find some helpful advice around

Welcome Cazoraz,

I let Kimberley tell me she was ready to use the toilet i had been trying her since she was 2 and then 3 weeks ago she came back from staying away for a few nights with friends and she just started to use the potty and now she goes on the toilet.
    Do you know anyone that has a child that uses the toilet that she can watch as i think that is what helped Kimberley in the end was her watching another little girl go to the toilet.

Good luck with it all.

My 2 darling kids are in bed it is great when they both have a lunch time sleep at the same time.
    Going to make Christmas cards later with Kimberley we had great fun doing them last year. I cut up some of last years cards to stick bits on the new ones that we will make.

I haven't even thought about xmas cards this year. Only 30 days till the Christmas tree goes up YAY !!!!!! Ohhh I better make it 37 otherwise it will be up for the surprise 60th I am hosting, and our tree is bloody huge.

Love

LOL @ your tree being up for the 60th birthday party.
    I love your Christmas tree.

I only think about cards this early because of sending the overseas i like them to have them early so i know they have got them. IYKWIM

Kimberley loves seeing the Christmas trees in the shops she saw them in Big W the other day and just stood and looked at them for ages. It's amazing how much they change in a year as last year she took no notice at all.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast