Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, October '05 #2

We're not having a tree this year as we are going to America this year, so thats a relief, one more thing I don't have to do here LOL...

Bath, now you have me intrigued as to your other 2 bands :-s c'mon spill!!!
    One of mine is The Cure....

Oh dear Christy I'll be showing my age as they are both pretty much defunct bands now but they are: No. 1 The Smiths and No. 2 The Fall. They are essentially 80's bands....hence the more contemporary Dandy Warhols have a larger presence in my playlist these days. DH is an ex muso (very minor pub band of early 90's Melbourne) isn't especially keen on my taste in music although he agrees with me on the DW's brilliance. The Cure are more his thing. So c'mon.... tell me your other favs (sorry for dominating this thread girls... we'll take it elsewhere if need be! :-# )

Hi Caz and welcome Since summer's coming up, you could try letting Lucy go without a nappy during the day if you can supervise her. Sometimes they just need to "learn" the signs that they need to do a wee/poo. Having no nappy means they realise they're actually doing it quicker.

My sister, who's a special ed teacher, told me that little tip when my DD was first starting toilet training. It did work for her.

Hi Caz! Sorry I didn't welcome you before #-o sort of got caught up in the Pixies convo....

Bath... ok this is a bit sad as well..but I love The Smiths as well, especially Meat is Murder!! AND... Depeche Mode. I'm a bit ashamed to say. 10,000 Maniacs is an alltime fav as well

Kat - O.M.G.... only 30 days till your tree goes up... Eeeks!! Where has the time gone????

Bath - that so funny... is there a particluar reason why you dont drive? Atm its because I've never had the $ to afford driving lessons, plus I am VERY scared, and dont have a lot of confidence in myself... seeing as I get quite scared being in the passenger seat at times.
    Wow, it sounds like you have so many lovely birds around your place! Do you live near the bush/rainforest or something?

Welcome Caz!
    I wish I had some advice for you, but I havent yet tackled that milestone with Aidyn...

I forgot to answer your Q on the last page Kat.... Mostly I dont turn things off at the wall, but there are a few things that I do ie. mobile phone chargers, though DP keep his plugged in and on at the wall at all times, even when its not charging anything.... laziness I say!

Y'know I have to say that you girls have really made my afternoons so much more enjoyable these days. I used to dread them as the hours would drag and the kids would drive me nuts and the drudgery of the evening routine and cooking meals was just driving me to despair... now at least I can keep an eye on what's going on in here whilst cooking dinner (which I am right now...easy to monitor the 'pute cos it's right beside the main kitchen work area). Anyhow, just ...thanks

Ambah: I also don't drive because of low self confidence and big trust issues regarding other drivers. DH is a good teacher and he says I'm a good driver when I have a go in the country (that won't be happening again until I renew my learner's though). I can't see myself driving regularly unless we move to the country. Public transport here is just sooo easy. Even DH uses it now and our car just sits in the garage Mon-Fri.

We also won't be putting up a tree this year, going interstate for Christmas... flying.

Also regarding the birds: we live in a very leafy (lots of natives) pocket of NE Melbourne which is also near a green-belt (nature reserve).

Hiya Girls

Feels like I have been away forever... only went shopping LMAO.

Our plans are now in at the council $137.85 later !!

Ambah - Our tree goes up the day of the Christmas Pagent, and that is November 12th this year. That is the day Santa comes to town

Bath - I totally agree with what you said about making the afternoons nice. It is good to know where you can have a quick chat LMAO. What State are you going to for xmas ??

Caz - We did the same as Misty did as well when it came to Toilet Training, Kameron ran around with no pants on, but of course he wanted to start training at the onset of winter LMAO.

Christy - Does it snow usually where your mum lives at Xmas ???

Love

cazoraz Guest

Thanks for the advice girls - its sposed to be nice the next few days so we're going to go cold turkey and let her run around with no pants on (which she will quite happily do in the middle of winter anyway!) She's not at childcare again til tuesday, so we have 4 days at home to tackle the issue. I figure if she is smart enough to take off her nappy and put a clean one one, she's smart enough to figure out going to the tilet!

Wish me luck
    xxxCaz

Welcome Caz, good luck with the training. jemma was 20 mths when she decided to take her nappy off all the time and so i let her run around pantsless and left the potty in the lounge while the pants were off and she trained herself. She was fully trined by 22 mths and none of it was my doing. Some kids are in a hurry and some do need a little push. My ds didn't start till he was a creche and the other kids started and he was just over 2 and a half.

Ambah and Bath- I say bite the bullet and go for your licence. My mum didn't drive till I was in late Primary school, and now she can't believe she used to not drive. The more practice you get the more confident you'll get, try to build up the confidence in a quiet traffic less area and work yourself into more traffic.

I am very tired, am sort of excited about going away but I have to go ring my cousin and hope she's not in bed yet! I am going to go see her new house and her baby and try to get some clothes for Jemma from the box of stuff she has up there. Arron has booted of to the tab for 30 mins about 1 hr ago LOL, I swear he can't tell the time!

i know I have missed heaps of people and I apologise, I am having trouble concentrating. I will catch up maybe Sunday but more likely Monday, so have a lovely weekend girls and hope you kiddies are little angels for you all
    Cheers michelle

Oh Ambah I forgot to say before.... does the "turkey hunter" have any sure-fire methods of keeping other amorous birds out of the nest if he does remove the dominant male?

(I can't believe I'm getting a bush turkey education on a parenting/babies web site ) I don't know if it's your intention to be funny, but you have a real knack at writing things in a humorous way... perhaps that could be a second career for you?

Caz good luck with the tt over the next few days. May the "hits" be many and the "misses" be few.

I have to agree Ambah the way you write is hilarious!

Kathryn it doesn't snow where Mum is (on the beach of southern California) but its only a 2 hour drive to the mountains where there will definately be snow. We are hoping for an overnight trip to the snow for Matilda

rofl @ learning about brush turkeys on a parenting site.

Things are good hear, but it is only 7.20am and I still haven't got the kids breakfast yet, but one is dressed.

Ambah - I have to agree with the girls the way you put the Brush turkey saga's are hilarious.

Anyway must get this day started wanna go back to bed LOL

Love

Today is Asha's first visit to kindergym ... I am so excited becuse I know how much she likes climbing and I think she is going to love it!!! I am hoping it tires her out and she sleeps once we get home but I am not going to hold my breathe.

Just looked at the time and I hade better finished getting dressed and finish making lunches so I can get the kids to school on time!!!!

Have a great day ... spring is finally here ... going to be sunny and 21 today

Cheers

oooh how exciting Kelly. You will have to come back and tell us how she went on

I hope she has a fantastic time

Love

cazoraz Guest

OK TT has begun. So far:

Sitting on toilet happily: 3

Doing anything on the toilet: 0

Accidents: 1

Is refusing to wear undies right now so I'm letting her run around bare bummed. Might go outside soon and play once its a bit warmer.

xxxCaz

How long has she been sitting on the toilet for Caz ?? Can you put her on there after major meals. I know Lachlan always does poo after breakfast.

With Kameron, I would put him on the potty and sit there and feed him almonds LMAO and read stories. After about 30 mins he did a wee and he got a special treat and we clapped and danced and was just plain old silly.

We also found he would wet himself if he had jocks on. Was okay with pants on but couldn't have jocks on too. But he got over that a few months later.

Love

cazoraz Guest

She is sitting on the toilet for ages happily, like 1/2hr each time. The only time she has done anythin gin there has been a l***e I think, at daycare and once at home I caught her about to poo (she was in squat position!) so rushed her there.

She has had a few more accidents today, including a poo, but she is wearing undies now and has been since about lunch time. The last two accidents she actually told us she was going to do it before she did, we just didnt get to the loo in time, so at least she is recognising the sensation.

Can I assume that there is lots of accidents first day, then less from there on? She isnt in childcare again til Tuesday, so if there is no improvement by then I think I iwll assume she's not really ready enough....

I think I just need to know it will get better, its so frustrating!

xxxCaz

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast