Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, October '05 #2

Kathryn: We're going up to Tamworth NSW where 80% of my family live for Christmas. I'm really looking forward to it, especially as we're staying with my sister and her family (2 children) who I miss heaps. She's my only and younger sibling and I kinda worry about her as she's got a lot on her plate with building their own home ie she's organised EVERYTHING from designing the plans, getting in the tradesmen, and working out all the financial stuff... good grief I couldn't do it. It's almost a fulltime job in its own as she gets in there and actually helps the labourers (with her husband). She's very clever though, works at Bunnings part time. She could probably BUILD the place if there were 10 of her! hehe.
    Mind you they are currently living in a shed... their new house is gorgeous though and she has the peace of mind that everything has been done to her exacting standards. It'll be finished next month. Incredible thing: they actually have kangaroos hopping through their backyard (they have 5 acreas).

Michelle: I don't know about Ambah but I've got deep issues to conquer before I can be a driver. All my life I've lived in fear of a specific scenario and that's running over a child who suddenly emerges from between parked cars. Also I've been the first on scene at a bad accident and also, worst of all, one of my neices (age nearly 2) was run over and killed by her Mum (SIL)who was reversing down her driveway. The father and other two children witnessed it too. It's had a terrible effect on our family... sometimes I lose sleep in sympathy for the mother. Anyhow... I just can't do it (drive) just yet.

Well, on a lighter note: my mother sent me a Feng Shui CD yesterday (sounds of rain, birds, chimes etc) and I put it on this morning at 9.30am and took a seat on the couch to listen and DS comes up to me.... crawls up onto my lap... snuggles and falls asleep!!! He never sleeps at that time, especially after sleeping through from 8pm - 7am. Weird! he slept on me for about 40mins... I had to wake him up to go to the bathroom!

Oh dear.... another long-winded post... hope you all have a great afternoon

There is always going to be alot of accidents when you begin. Also tell them on Tuesday that you are trying and they will also help out with it at their end.

Love

Well she loved it!!! Lots of climbing and crawling. There were only 2 kids today so there was heaps of time to do things and she didn't have to wait long or share. She had such a good time and is not afraid of anything!!!! She fell asleep about 20 minutes after we got home which meant I could get the dishes done in peace and quiet and just have a load of washing to hang out. I can hear her stirring so I had best get myself some lunch and enjoy the last few minutes of quiet!

Cheers

Thats great Kelly that Asha did so well!! Matilda went to toddler gym for a while and absolutely loved it. She was so fearless, I actually stopped taking her because she was diving off everything & then coming home & diving off things after she'd climbed them...it was a bit dangerous to dive off the dining room table #-o

Oh Bath - I missed your post before. That story about the mother running over her child, did that ever make the news ?? As I remember hearing a story similar to that once, but can't remember where. (ie if it was news or somewhere else). LMAO at your son falling asleep to the Feng Shui CD too.. cute !!

Wow @ your sister too. I don't think I could do all of that either.

Kelly - Great to hear that Asha love kindergym. That is fantastic that she didn't have to share anything too much.

Well must dash in middle of cooking roast beef... nearly done. We are also setting up an old computer for Kameron to play games on, so I might be online using that a bit later tonight

Love

That's ok Kathryn although I was starting to wonder if perhaps my post was inappropriate in some way 8-[ No... the tragedy didn't seem to make the news although, yes, I have also heard of many similar cases especially involving 4WD's. The vehicle involved was a 4WD ute/small truck though. Very quiet in BB today hey?

Yeah it must be more common than people realise

Well we got the old computer set up but our new computer was okay with the old network card, but not okay when we plugged the cable into it ](*,) so can't have the net on the old computer atm as the new computer spits the dummy, which is a bugger cause the old computer probably runs faster than this computer as this computer has so much crap on it

Kameron smashed my crystal fruit bowl this morning, so I had to throw all the fruit out cause it was all penetrated with shards of glass. What a lovely start to the day NOT. He also went in and put Lachlan's blind up which of course woke Lachlan up in the mean time, so Kam was giving a stern talking to this morning about disturbing Lachlan.

Anyway shall go and check the rest of the forums, probably wont be on much this weekend as I have to work for mum.

Love

Ooo Kathryn I hate it when they break sentimental/valuable things by accident. Zeke has several breakages under his belt, including a hand-blown glass sphere that was given to us as a wedding present. (He threw it because he thought it was a ball ](*,) )

Anyway, grey, drizzly and overcast on the SUNshine coast today. Hope you ladies have a wonderful day.

Misty - I'm not too sure if the turkey catcher has any means to keep other birds out of the nest... we may just have to dissasemble it straight away and pray that another one doesnt come in our yard and try to rebuild it. We will need to hire a bloody trailer just to cart away the sheer amount of stuff that he has used to build it with... cause if we spread it back around the garden... that will only be inviting more trouble, rofl.
    I'm of the mind now to let him and his eggs stay until they hatch, and then I want to call someone from Parks and Wildlife to come and relocate the little chicks, before they get eaten by our cats... They are a protected species (with a dwindling population) after all...

Kelly - thats fantstic that Asha loved her Kindergym so much!
    I have been thinking about putting Aidyn into Gymboree up here (as its fairly close to us) but I think it will have to be a toss up between that or swimming lessons, due to finances.

OMG Bath... it doesnt sound like you have had very good experiences, its no wonder you arent too keen on driving. That is just so heartbreaking what happened to your family & SIL etc.... my heart really goes out to her...
    That fengshui CD sounds fantastic... where can I get one?? LOL

Oh no @ Kam breaking your crytstal fruit bowl Kat... #-o
    I'm just waiting for Aidyn to start doing things like that... 8-[

I have had a very social weekend so far... went out to dinner/coffee last night with my sisters and friends, and we all had a good natter and a laugh for about 4 hours!
    Then it was Becs (Beckibee)'s baby shower today, which was lovely. Although I made the mistake of bringing Aidyn with me, so didn't really get to have any great conversations as was too busy chasing him around.
    He was so overtired and in need of a nap that he slept for 20 mins in the car on the way home (at 1pm) but then wouldnt go back to sleep when we put him in his cot.
    So he finally went down for a nap at 4.30this afternoon, and has been out like a light ever since... no doubt he will wake up at 10pm now and think its playtime!

Having such a lazy day today! Have been on the puter most of the day... Its raining outside, and cold, which is a far cry from the 35degree days we had last weeks.
    Aidyn ended up waking at 10.30pm lastnight, so we kept him up for half an hour to feed him, put his pj's on and read him a story, then back to bed where he slept in until 8.30am - what bliss!!
    He has been having a nap for over 2 hours now as well... my theory is that he's sleeping so much more because theres no sun today to wake him up... might try covering up his windows with an extra layer on sunny days and see if it makes any difference, LOL.
    We are off to the shops this arvo to try and find a replacement muscial pull-string teddy, as his broke the other week, and he really loves it... So far have had no luck though, and checked out Target (where we orginally bought it), Kmart, Toyworld, Myer.... nothing! Can't even find any of them online.... will be trying BigW today.

Oh good boy Aidyn! He might also be going through a growth period... what a bonus! Making his room darker should help, like you said... we've got very thick curtains in Wade's room and I think it's helped him be a good sleeper too. And speaking of sleeping my DH is at it again this weekend... sleeping! I don't begrudge him too much as his work can be demanding during the week but I wanna do stuff! Does anyone else, especially SAHMs get like this on the weekends? I took myself off to the mall this morning to read the newspaper (about Mary's baby!!!) in peace but I kinda want to spend time with DH too! Oh well.... holidays for him before we know it. \/

Yeah my DP tends to want to sleep a lot on the weekends too... whilst I am crawling up the walls with boredom!
    He is on leave though atm, so hopefully we will have a nice week together and get to do lots of stuff...

Aidyn is STILL asleep!! (and I am still dying to get to the shops, LOL)

HI girls

I am back and the weekend was good. I was tired though bf I left cos woke up at 5am on friday morn. I was picked up at 11.30am, and was given a can of vodka to drink on the way...was interesting cos I never drink earlyLOL. Had 1 and a half cans on the way, had maccas for lunch. Arrived about 2.30pm. place we stayed at was way cool, suna, spa, indoor pool, outdoor Lagoon pool, 2 spa in this cave, a waterslide, playground etc. Really good. I went shopping with some of the girls first, brought a top to wear out. Came back got dressed and off we wnet, caught this bus which cost $2 to get in. My cousin met us after dinner at an RSL ($6 meal very nice) and we played pool and danced. I wasn't ****ed at all, we got home about 3.30am . I was awake by 7.15 though and so tired. Some of the girls were still drinking though and hadn't slept LOL I am so woosy!LOL I walked 5klms into town, then my cousin pidked me up. I played with her baby for the arvo and had lunch and a chat and then went back for a swim and spa, then showered and went out. But too tired by this stage. We had dinner and went to the same place we had been the night bf which I was annoyed at cos it was a bit boring. And the others wouldn't go anywhere. I ended up leaving and going back to the rooms at about 10.40 and had a couple of drinks and went to bed at about 12.30pm. I drove the car home this morning and got back about 12.30pm A good weekend but 1 night was enough for me, I missed Arron and the kids.

Bath - under the circumstances I can understand your reluctance to drive and think that in the end you are living near public transport so if the need is very low then you are making a fair and reasonable choice. that is such aterribly sad thing to have happen esp to your child I really feel for your SIl and family. Sounds like a fun xmas too!

Kathryn- ouch at the bowl. My Mum had a glass galleon ship when my brother was little, but not for long cos he discovered throwing and the ball shattered it into a million shards, she still taunts him about it and he's 28 LOL.

Kelly- yay for gym being such fun.

Ambah- you are so nice to those turkeys LOL. Hope you get out shopping soon. But yay at lots of sleeps for Aidyn. Hindsight is marvellous isn't it? Next time you need to be Aidyn free when you go outLOL

Christy, when do you leave for the USA?

Jessica now has earrings, Arron touch her on Friday and she didn't cry or even flinch, the people couldn't belive it! They look very cute!

Anyway I better go, we are out for CHinese with friends tonight for tea, early though 5.30pm, so better start getting organised. I should've hung the clothes by now and I am going to have to although they prob won't dry cos it's late now. LOL

Cheers michelle

Hi girls!!

Michelle sounds like you had a great time!!We're going to the US for Christmas so we're leaving on the 21st Dec.

Ambah I hope you are still enjoying a relaxing Sunday!! The rain is so nice, its definately cuddle up weather.

Kathryn I hope things got better!! Kam sounds like he woke up on the naughty side of the bed yesterday

Well for us...I've worked this weekend & then when I got home yesterday one of our dogs was in the neighbours yard :-s Turns out the three of them dug a HUGE hole & are going back & forth in the yards. These are 3 big dogs too. But they love it, so we decided with our neighbour to just leave the hole & let them play. Unfortunately with all the rain its meant 3 muddy dogs on our verandah having a great time ](*,) ah well.... just a bit of mud to clean up LOL

Hey Christy I PMSL at doggie friends having visits. It's like when your teenage kids have friends who are at each others houses all the time. LOL

I am trying to get off here but keep getting more notifications LOL

Cheers michelle

LOL @ your dogs Christy, but that is pretty cool that the neighbours are okay with it as well

Michelle - It sounds like you had a fantastic short trip away

Well I was having a good weekend, slept in till 10am this morning. Andrew got up to the boys and sorted them out.

He took Kameron out at 11am and got back around 2pm and handed me a piece of paper. He had only gone and put a $1200 digital slr (camera) on layby :fuming: Then he wondered why I cracked the ****s !! We only have a $5000 pergola to pay for !!!

I lost the plot so now he has gone to cancel it. GOOD !!! He said to me "oh you said I could put one on layby" I said "No I said you could put the $600 one you were looking at on Layby" Argh.

So I am really ***ked off atm. He knows I am in desperate need for a new lounge suite and goes and does something stupid like that...... argh I better stop or I will go on.

Love

Kellee Guest

AAAGGGHHH!!!! I think we should make a limit of only one post per day per person... I am so far behind it's not funny! I don't even know where to start, so I'm really sorry if I leave anyone out.

Hi Caz! Welcome on board! I hope the tt is going well - I can't offer any advice as Charlie hasn't started that yet. Actually, on a side point, has anyone got any ideas about when I should start tt with Charlie? I don't know whether to try before or after bub is born - I'm a bit worried about when to get him into his own bed too. I know it's a way off yet, but it would be awesome if he was out of the cot before bub is born. So many questions... anyway, welcome again Caz.

Michelle - happy birthday for tomorrow! I hope it's wonderful and that your kids and DH treat you like a princess. Glad to hear you had a fabulous time away.

Kathryn - ggrrr at DH - don't you hate it when they do that? Selective hearing I think it's called. Silly men. Can't live with them, don't want to spend time in jail for murder...

Ambah - I know I shouldn't laugh, but I do keep laughing at your turkey situation. I think a shotgun is in order. Also, I read in a post at the beginning of this thread that you were a 'young' mum - I think that's rad. When I met you way back when I was excited to see that there was another young mum that I knew - I'm 24 and I don't know ANYONE that is even remotely close to my age with kids. The youngest is about 35, and she has a 5yo and a 1 1/2 yo. Funny - in my Mum's generation it was really common, but now we're viewed as the "weird" ones! Hope you have a nice time with DP on leave.

Bath - it's good that you're vigilant about the privacy stuff. I probably should be more so. And I perfectly understand your driving issues, given the experiences you've had. Don't stress too much - if/when it's right for you, do it. Otherwise don't worry too much. Maybe if you really wanted to drive but felt your issues were holding you back you coul get some counselling to help you? Hope that doesn't sound too forward - just trying to help.

Kelly - yay for Asha having fun at gym! How did you find out about it? Is it very expensive? Is it a 'set' thing, or do the kids just go crazy on their own? I would love to know more about it - it might be a fun thing for Charlie to do.

Sorry I haven't been able to post. Poor little Charlie has been really sick - he had high temps for almost 3 days, and didn't sleep properly for three nights. Friday was the worst - he just wouldn't sleep at all, which was a bugger because that's what he really needed to feel better. He has fallen asleep crying in my arms a few times over the last few days because he's been so miserable. It's such a helpless feeling - this is the first time he's ever been sick, so I didn't know what to do. He's still abit grizzly today, but he slept through again as usual last night, so I think he's turned a corner, so to speak. To top it all off, yesterday I couldn't get out of bed -I think all the lack of sleep finally caught up with me and my m/s hit me like a tonne of bricks. Poor DH had to contend with sick me and sick Charle. Then the air conditioning people turned up to install the a/c in the afternoon, and we don't have a big house so we were all on top of each other! Crazy stuff. We're both feeling better today though, so hopefully that's the end of it. DH is doing a recording today and probably won't be home until later, so hopefully my m/s doesn't come back today or I will have to deal with Charlie's dinner on my own - it makes me feel so sick to feed it to him at the moment! Sorry for whinging - I'll stop now.

Not much other news, I'm afraid. Better go and hang out the washing while Charlie's asleep - you never know how long he'll be asleep for!

Hope you're all well, and sorry to anyone I missed.

Kellee at poor little Charlie being so sick. As for the questions you have about Toilet Training you may want to check out this thread Toilet Training Information that I did a while back.

As for bed, we made a big fuss of it when Kameron turned two. Spent over $1000 in furniture for his birthday. (that included sliding doors on the two wardrobe recess in both the back rooms). He went into his bed about a week before actually turning 2. He got up umpteen times, but we would just pick him up and put him back in again. He also had the empty cot in there for a while as I was only 15wk preg on his 2nd b/day so that acted as a side rail.

Love

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast