Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, October '05 #2

That is it for a while then Ambah. 2 year old molars are the next lot.

Well today is the big day... I think Mummy is more nervous 8-[

Love

Kathryn I hope it all goes well and that Kameron has a fabulous day and makes heaps of kind friends.

Good luck Kat & Kam!!! I'm sure it will be great!!

Good afternoon DS has just gone to sleep... so begins my favourite part of the day... want to finish a novel though and perhaps a nap after walking around shops/library/park all morning. Wade just just finished one round of 2yo molars; wasn't too bad but he also came down with a mild cold/cough which led to about a weeks broken sleep. He still chews rusks though which I've found helpful (I'd given up with them around 1 and a half with my daughter) I suspect they also help keep Wade's teeth clean because he's got lovely little white ones whereas DD's seemed more stained... though I didn't dilute juice with her either... there was so much I just didn't know when she was younger. Oh well... I'm going to write a bit of preg. diary (Kelly Z posted last night that they are definately working on Pregnancy Diaries for BB members!!! \/ ) and put the kettle on.... oh and check if Shinee (TTC) has her blood result yet LOL

Thanks for the well wishes girls. We had a shaky start but he did okay in the end. I just posted about it all in the 3-5yr forum if you want to check it out.

Keeping Lachlan out of the Kindy room was my hard task of the day LMAO.

I am really proud too, I entered our playgroup into a competiton a couple of months ago to win a $50 voucher for educational products, in our national playgroup magazine, and our playgroup won it !!! We have the photo I submitted and the write up I did in our Playgroup SA newsletter... YAYAY.

Love

=D> YAY for you Kathryn!! For surviving the big day & the playgroup compitition!!

We've had a rough day again, and I definately think its teeth, it looks like she has 2-3 teeth on the surface atm. She only has 3 so far so there is another top one & two on the lower right side of her mouth. Poor DH might cop it and I'm going away for 2 nights!! Its my first time away from Matilda for longer than a work day, so I'm a bit nervous. I miss her thinking about it!!!

Kellee Guest

Bath – I read earlier about you wanting to do a blog… I actually have a blog of my own, and I can recommend a good site for getting started if you like. It’s really easy to use. Mine started out as a weigh loss blog, but now it’s kind of everything mish mashed together. Also, with the ginger – I have heard that making a tea out of it by grating some into hot water is also really good. I’m not a huge fan of ginger so I don’t think it would help me. Although I did taste this fabulous iced green tea that had ginger and honey in it and it really settled my stomach.

Ambah – lol at your MIL giving presents all the time. Don’t know what it is about MILs – with mine it’s food. If Charlie makes the slightest noise she thinks he’s hungry. The other morning she came over to help out because I had really bad m/s, and he’d just had a big breakfast, and she kept trying to give him a sandwich! Drives me crazy.

Welcome to Mummy to Charla too! Nice to have you with us. Also welcome to LilyD, Lily, Nadia and William. So many people now!

Misty – good on your for doing the morning tea thing. I’m glad it went well. I always mean to do things like that, but I get a bit nervous about having different groups of people in the same place at the same time. I don’t think I have enough friends to do that anyway!

Kathryn – boo hoo at your little boy growing up. It all happens so fast, doesn’t it? I’m glad you went ok in the end. Eww at those nappies. Hope the teething finishes soon!

Christy – hope Matilda is feeling better soon. Bloody teeth –wouldn’t it be nice if they were just born with them all? Then they wouldn’t have to go through all that pain… poor little chooks. And enjoy your time away! It is tough being away for extended periods, but I’m sure you’ll be busy and will be able to occupy your mind. You’ll probably hardly know yourself!

Sorry if I missed anyone – you ladies are way too fast for me!

I have been living on icypoles for the last few weeks - the other night all I had for dinner was three bowls of cornflakes and two icypoles! It's terrible - I worked really hard to lose a whole heap of weight after I had Charlie, and the last few weeks I have eaten so badly. I haven't really been up to going grocery shopping, so when that "I have to eat NOW or I will eat your arm" feeling kicks in the only stuff that’s available and quick is crappy takeaway. I'm hoping the m/s subsides soon so that I can go back to eating well and exercising (which I have felt too sick to do). Also, Charlie is getting better, but we had to take him to the hospital today because they thought he might have measles (he had this terrible scary looking rash all over him). It was quite funny actually - the doctor there made an example out of him and there were all these medical students standing around answering questions about why it wasn't measles and what to look out for if it was. Charlie was in the middle of all these people and he loved being the centre of attention. As it turns out, despite the three doctors appointments (and therefore, conflicting opinions) we had before we went to the hospital, it ISN’T a bacterial thing, it’s a virus, and so he shouldn’t have been put on antibiotics anyway. So now my little boy is covered in an angry rash and he’s probably built up some kind of tolerance for antibiotics because of the stuff up. GGGRRR. Anyway, hopefully things are on the mend now. He certainly is being happier lately, which makes a nice change. So that accounts for my lack of posts!

I miss chatting with you ladies and I hope that the m/s stops soon so that I can get on here more often. Hope you’re all well and have a lovely weekend!

mooshie Guest

hi ladies

well long time no hear from me over here - sorry about that, honestly i have been reading everyone's posts but i haven't really had much to say lately (not like me as i am sure michelle and kellee can agree on lol)

dunno whats up feeling a bit down i think, the whole ttc thing is getting to me a bit, i think cause i am turning 37 next week, i was kinda hoping i would be prg again by now and as it turns out if i fell prg this cycle then i would be due on 21st july and that is just a little bit tooooo close to jessica's birthday, so dunno what to do. we figure that we will just relax yum yeah right - not bother with the temps, days, cm or anything - easier said that done and what will be will be but i just don't know.

also have been busy with the kiddies they are both well, lani is still not walking but not to far away, she is crawling really quickly and pulling up to standing with alot of ease and i have even sprung her standing without holding on lol - albeit around 2secs before she realises holy moly i am not hanging on lol.

we have just brought jay's school unform omg we had tears in our eyes can't believe he is going to school next year - it will be bitter sweet for us, because jessica always used to talk about going to school and loved me taking her there to play in the holidays. gosh hard to believe she would have been going into grade 2 next year. anyway so much for a public education holy moly the uniform cost $300 and that was only the summer stuff and just one shirt and pants for colder days - i think i will be going to target or something for the winter pants etc.

anyway i suppose i should stop now as this post is already way to long, just wanted to check in to say high to all of you and your bubbies.

How on Earth I didn't come in here for 4 days aI don't know, expect this to be an epic as I try to catch up, I am sure to forgetthings along he way.

Welcome Lilyd and Lily, Nadia and William and happy bday to the two 1 yr olds!
    Also welcome to mummy2charla and charla!

Kathryn- Sounds like Kams day was wonderful and well done on the competition. Thank goodness Andrew could return the camera hope you get the couch and pergola bf he comes up with another brainwave for what to biuy next!

Christy- where are you sneaking off to for 2 days? It will prob be very good for you to get a break but you will miss matilda, and Pete too of course LOL. I had 2 nights away and wanted to go back after 1 LOL. Hope the teeth pop very soon, it is dreadful for her to be so upset!

Ambah- PMSL at Mr turkey, how devestating for him, I would feel bad too but you need you garden back! 2 yr old molars are next as kathryn said, Jemma had trouble with hers at about 21 mths and then nothing until she was almost 2 and a half, and I didn't even know they had popped up.

Pee- yay at Ryley being so chatty and good luck ttc. ope the studying is going well.

Michelle- I was thinking about you today actually, cos I noticed your bday was the 26th and made a mental note to make sure I come on to wish you a lovely day on the 26th! I will not forget. Sorry ttc is a drag atm, I can fully understand the not wanting to get pg at tht time. You are only as old as you act by the way. Jordan wrote in my bday card for me to stay the same age as now cos I am great like this LOL. I stopped at 21, what is she talking about!LOL Wow, not long bf Lani is trotting around, and don't they look funny in school uniform! I never forget looking at Josh and giggling at how cute he was and how he looked way too small for school. The cost is ridiculous too, better to shop around as much as possible I reckon.

Kellee- Poor Charlie and poor you! What a bugger him being sick and MS on top of it. Jessica had a similar rash the week of her bday and the chemist said it was measles, turned out it was a virus too! Sometimes they have absolutely no idea! Hope the cleaner does a good job, I would be no good with a cleaner cos I would want her not to see the messLOL. Did you have ms with C and for how long if you did?

Christine- well done on such a good turn out for the morning tea. Hope the kiddies are well.

I should be sleeping next to my snoring hubby but had to get on here bf it was 20 pgs I had missed.

Bday was good, spoilt and I have $250 to spend as well as a pair of diesel jeans and a food processor, hair dryer and straightener! Bil and his new Fiance returned from OS bearing gifts and photos galore, so we caught up with them bf they returned to QLD and it has taken us all week to catch up on sleep, Kids have little aths in the morning so early rise! Bet I am grumpy as cos I am on here.

See ya tomorrow arvo
    michelle

DOH! had to come back and say Congrats Bath, how dare I forget the ost exciting news. I hope things are fine for you and this pg is a H&H one! I had a blighted ovum bt no. 2 and 3 and took about 3mths to get pg once i recovered too. I did go through the mc and haemorraged and it was terrible. they did a d&c at 2am th day after boxing day and i suspect that i was borderline for a blood transfusion but they had nobody to do them at that time in the morning, they couldn't get my temp up and I took over an hr in recovery! Pretty scary, but I went on to have 2 babies in 19 mths after that so I guess they are just one of those things!

Anyway best wishes again.

Goodnight everyone!

Cheers michelle

Hello girls!! WOW what epic posts!!

Mooshie I'm sorry to hears that you've had some sadness with TTC, I hope next month is the one *hugs*

Michelle its great to hear from you & that you got spoiled on your birthday!! YAY!!!

Kellee, oh you poor chook with bad m/s I hope it gets better!!! I couldn't have ginger with my m/s because I don't like it and it made me more nauseous...of course

Well.... I had a great weekend away, I only cried once when Matilda said "hello" on the phone for the first time ever!!! YAY for me being the first one to receive this!! DH is totally exhausted atm, he just said to me "she doens't stop moving!" :roll: did he not believe me when I said it??? LMAO! I left them with heaps of activities but apparently the park was the best option....ok off to read some forums. I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Hi Christy
    so glad you had a good time, where did you go again? And it's true I think, men don't believe what we tell them, it will give Pete a far better appreciation of what it is like to be you!

We were going to go to the races today but rain stopped us, so instead I have been washig clothes and cleaning up, what fun, although prob more fun than chasin g kids at the race track while Arron drinks.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend
    Cheers michelle

Hey girls,
    I caught Aidyns yucky cold off him so have been feeling like sh*te for a couple of days... I feel so sympathetic for poor Aidyn.. its funny how you dont realise how rotten they really are feeling until you catch it yourself.
    DP's last day of holidays is tomorrow as well... I will miss him when he goes back to work, or maybe I will miss his relaxed attitude, as I know he's going to get really stressed at work again. Feel like I have barely seen him for a the past few days though cause he has been getting stuck into doing gardening and handyman work... which is great, cause he normally cant be bothered.
    Will do personals later, as I need to start cooking and give Aidyn his bath.

Hiya Girls

Ambah - I hope you are feeling better soon babe.

Christy - Yay at having a good time away, isn't it nice when DH's finally get a chance to know how hetic our days are. Pity that they soon forget again when they are back into a routine ](*,) Well Andrew does anyway LOL

Michelle - Great to see you back on deck

Not much happening here have spent two days painting our pergola that was delivered on Thursday. It gets put up this coming Friday. We are nearly done though, so if it doesn't rain I should be able to finish it off tomorrow after playgroup. We are all covered in paint though including the dog LMAO. Will all have to have baths and hot showers a bit later.

Love

Pietta Guest

Hello ladies- sorry i have been neglecting this forum atm i am sooo stressed with uni and exams coming up plus worrying so much about ttc that i have totally forgot all the fun i have being a one year old's Mummy.

I'm not going to do personals just wanted to say hi!!

Off to give my boy a big sleepy cuddle.

Hope the exams go well Pee and that we see you back on deck soon.

Love

Hi girls Well our computer threw a wobbly over the weekend, good ole DH luckily has the skills to deal with it though... he reinstalled basically everything. Yesterday I had the best day... get this: For no apparent reason DH made me breaky in bed, whilst feeding the kids and just dealing with everything while I lay back in bed like the Queen of Sheba and read my novel. I was up to the 7th and final book of Steven King's Dark Tower series and now, because DH took the kids out ALL DAY (visiting an elderly uncle/grocery shopping etc) I was able to finally finish it. LOL I stayed in my PJ's all day reading! This is the height of luxury for me LOL it doens't get any better than that these days...sad to say but finances are tight and libraries are free. So today I've gotta lot of catching up to do:

Kellee: at the moment I'm writing my diary in Word and hoping to post it onto BB when the Pregnancy diaries are up and running. I'd really like to limit the number of sites I "have" to visit each day but thanks for the offer. Hope your m/s symptoms have peaked ie not getting any worse! Are you coming to the Event? I'm too worried about having to leave early due to nausea But I'll see how I go... I really want to.

Mitch: Thanks for your congratulations It's a weird time though; still virtually no symptoms except the mildest of quease and slight bladder irritation and perhaps a little extra hypersensitivity. I think I've been taking it SOOO easy of the past few days that my bodies dealing with it all too well (is there such a thing?) and I'm worried that my bodies not making enough hormones to keep it all going.

Ambah: Oh dear, hope you are feeling better or at least getting enough rest. I know what you mean about catching a cold off your little ones and then being amazed that they dealt with it so well!

Ok... dirty nappy duty...brb!

mooshie Guest

hi there

how are you all???? we are well. lani is driving me batty with her latest adventures, she closes every single door in the house and keeps locking herself in every room so i go and find her and open the door then she closes it again it goes on and on and on lol. we have some of those thingy's that you put around the door to stop them slamming and hurting fingers, but i only have 3 and we have more than 3 doors here so i am constantly running around moving them from door to door, i must go and get some more.

well thought i better make an effort and try and post every day or i will so lose track of everything and everyone - so here we go some personals.

bathesheba - hi and congrats on your prg. have seen you around in the ttc threads, lucky you at not spending to much time in there and graduating so early.

kathryn - i just have to say YOU ARE SOOOOOOO LUCKY for getting your pergola done, lol i have been on at dh for the last few years to get one done, i bit the bullet a few weeks ago and re-arranged the mortgage and begged the banks for more money lol, i got extra so we can get a pergola so i can tell you if i don't have one up by end of this year i reckon i will don the tool belt and bloody well build it myself lmao. we are getting dad and dh to do one together - we'll see how soon it gets done.

christy - glad you had a nice weekend away. i go away with my girlfriends every year, we go to daylesford for 2 nights and spend one whole day getting pampered it is soooooooo nice and relaxing but you do miss the kiddies when you are gone, but i find as soon as i get home not 5mins later i am thinking gosh when is next years trip.

michelle - weird weather this weekend wasn't it. we were meant to go to the cox plate, but cause of the changes at dh work we decided not to go (it was a work funtion in a marquee) but we felt it would be to fake and hard to go considering the changes. so we had some nice family time and went to a friends dd's first birthday.

ambah - sorry you caught aiyden's cold, i hate getting sick at the same time as the kiddies and dh cause i am the only one that can seem to cope with everything. i had a rotten cold around lani's first birthday and it was bad for 3wks, ds was so sick with it, i even had to take him up the hospital with the whole febrile temps, hallucinating etc etc. get well soon

kellee - how are you and charlie going???? still driving the porcelain bus poor thing. i used to eat ginger bears by the packet in the early weeks of morning sickness - seemed to be okay for me, but i couldn't eat one now lol.

pee - so know what you mean about ttc, it can be so hard and emotional sometimes, we are just going with the flow this month and i am really enjoying it, actually the way we are mucking around it's like we are teenagers again and just met, it's good, after 11 1/2 yrs of marriage it's actually not so "on no not again" iykwim.

okay well i better go jay has a friend over and they are raiding the pantry.

bye - chat soon

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast