Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, September '05

yeah... as soon as possible please. Zeke gets up at 5.30am and he's ready to play ](*,)

OMG :shock: what do you do???

If Matilda is up before 6.30 we change her nappy & give her toys & leave her until 7 or so, but not the last few days we've gotten up because she's missed her early morning feed....so we're not ready with a plan of action yet LOL

Either dean or I have to get up with him at the moment, but he'll soon be old enough to be up by himself for a little while (we hope). Basically we just try to keep him calm and quiet so he doesn't wake his sister up. He has a tub of yoghurt and a drink of milk, then plays with his trains or watches a video.

We went through months of trying to put him back to sleep. I even resorted to lying down on the floor next to his bed, or bringing him into our bed and trying to pat him off again. The rule was "no talking" as he's such a chatterbox. But he used to get around the rule by humming and singing and doing "action" songs like heads and shoulders, knees and toes. It's really hard not to crack up laughing when you have a little body in bed with you singing heads and shoulders under his breath and doing all the actions while lying flat on his back :smt043

He does get enough sleep... we put him to bed at 7pm and he goes straight to sleep (we have to put him to bed then because we have meetings etc at our place which usually start around 7.15pm) and he has a one hour sleep in the afternoon, which he's almost ready to give up. Perhaps he'll sleep longer when he drops that sleep (in my dreams #-o )

Anyway, we've pretty much accepted that we have one sleepy sleeper-in-er-er child, and one get-up-and-conquer-the-world child.

Sorry, that's not much help, is it?

LOL gotta love those conquer the world children!!

Matilda was so busy this morning, climbing on all the furniture, diving off, going to the park & doing the same she's slept for almost 3 hours!!! Whew... good break, I've done the dishes, had a coffee, did some good BB time...

Wow Michelle, sounds like it was a huge event!! Even though you were expecting more people... I still dont know how you would manage all of that! I think I would freak right out if there are any more than 10 people coming over, LOL.
    Glad it went well though and Jessica had a great time

The early mornings are just digsuting arent they! Aidyn was getting up at 6.30 for a while there, but now seems to be back to 7am. Anything before 7am though and I am reeeallly cranky. Sometimes I will just put his DVD on for him and lie down on the longue room floor near him, LOL.

Turkey mound is still there... though the turkey seems to have run out of mulch/soil/plants to use for it. Now there are males coming in to challenge the resident male for control of the mound... and I'm sure the females will be coming for the mating any day now... its all happening, LOL
    I know, I know, need to get those photos up. Has been hard cause lately every evening I am banished to use DPs work laptop while he is on the other PC, so I cant use any of the programs that I want/need.

My mum is on holidays from teaching and tomorrow is coming over to take me and Aidyn shopping, YAY! Nothing better than going shopping with another female (rather than a cranky DP!)

Gotta love shopping without Males LOL! have fun Ambah! Do the males fight each other ouch! why aren't they off building their own mound instead of fighting in your yard? Bring on the woman and get it over with I say? WOuld they hurt you if you were out there? Funny about the no. of people Ambah, I actually don't worry so much about having loads of people, I only worry that I will run out of food! I guess when you have a clsoe family that all come to things you expect big turn outs .

Jordan's bday is Friday, just a low key get together on Fri night, lollies, chips and a cake, usualy MIL, FIL, Mum, Dad, my Aunty & cousin (sometimes SIL and my brother too). Not bad at all! She is prob in the ****s with me big time cos she spilled the sweet and sour sauce from dinner all over the carpet and seat in the car and I went right off my head!

Christy and Kathyrn and Christine Ouch at those wake up times! Out of 4 kids i have never had that early a riser. If Jessica wakes at 6ish, I give her a bottle in her bed and she goes back to sleep.

But also my kids never went to bed before 8.30pm so I guess that is why!

Christy- hope you get used to it soon!

Kathryn- I hear you on the cold thing, cos in summer it's so much easier to get up early. While I was in QLD, I was awake before 7am every morning, and that's early for me. Maybe that explains the QLD kiddies waking early, it's fairly light at that time.

Well did ebay stuff today, Arron went Fishing and got home about 8.45pm. Jessica broke a vase mum was going to sell in her garage sale while we were at mum's....it had been a wedding pres, but it wasn't a very nice vase, mum was ****ty but nothing I culd do, cos I just walked in the door after posting the mail and she broke it, so technically mum was watching her LOL

Thought I'd come on for a sec and then go to bed.

We have Jordan's play tomorrow night, she's a rapper. And she also has to be there Thrusday night. It is her bday on Friday, and the last day of school, but I am going to keep them home as BIL is stopping over for 24hrs before he goes overseas, and she won't see him if I send her to school cos she will be at her play till 9pm Thursday .

better go, gotta sleep
    Cheers michelle

POsting at the same time Kellie. paige sounds so cute! I understand the quiet thing! I have 4 kids so it's not quiet here much. It's esp good if you aren't well. Hope you feel better soon and get back to work too.

Pietta Guest

Okie dokie- where to start?

Michelle KNOW what u mean about no show rsvp'ers. I had catered for 60 and only 42 turned up. Some even rang at like 3 and the party started at 2!! grrrr... glad Jessica had fun!! I have done a site with Ryley's birthday pics.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/ryleyisone/

Ok- (u guys do chat!~!) with regard to early mornings- ALWAYS an early morning here! Dh and i go to bed at like 9 now coz we wake up at 6 every morning at least!! And Ryley has been waking through the night too- i think he is teething poor little guy- he is asleep now and has been since 5 (is 8.30 here) getting a bit concerned coz he needs dinner and a nappy change... 8-[

I LOVE shopping with other females!! DH is good for an hour then whinges that the lights are too bright!! I dont know if all Coles are the same but our Coles in the toiletries aisle it is BRIGHT!! He wont even walk down that aisle!! lol

I hope Jordan's birthday and everything else she has going on turns out well for you Michelle.

I think I am remotley caught up-

Take care all!!

Pee - Yep we have the bright coles makeup/medical aisle as well. Bloody annoying !!!!

Well Lachlan was being ****ty at 4pm yesterday so I put him to bed, expecting him NOT to goto sleep. 6am this morning he woke up !! I said at 8.30pm that I was going to bed in case he woke at 3am (after his 11hrs like he has been having just lately) but he never did.

I swear andrew must be making too much noise and waking him though cause Andrew had already gone to work at 6am when I got up. God know why he is leaving so early for, he starts a 7am and it is only a 20min drive !!!

Ambah - I did have to laugh at all the other male turkeys coming to fight over the mound, you'd be pretty ****ed off if you did all the hard work and some other bugger came to try and take it off you lmao.

Love

aww Kellie thats a hard one I don't look forward too...going into the big bed. I watched all those Super Nanny hoping to come up with some prepared arsenal but it all depends on your child doesn't it.... Paige definately sounds very cute & cheeky

Ambah lol at your mound wars....& yay at shopping with females...its good isn't it?

Kat - DH woke up Matilda this morning at 5am yep getting ready for work & I had severe words for him 8-[ But we gave her a bottle & she was up & down in her cot until 7am when I finally dragged my behind out of bed to get to her... not that I slept I just listened to her with my head under the pillow LOL

oh Pee I hope those wake ups settle down in the middle of the night! Its exhausting!

Michelle I hope Jorden's play goes well! & her birthday thats great!

Now what is it with the bright make-up isles? In our small local Coles I have seen heaps of strange women putting make up on in the isles, maybe its to stop that & shoplifting :-k

Yay Pee at Ryley's bday pics, looks like fun an great job of the cake too. Our Coles has a bright makeup aisle too, it doesn't bother me though, I think it helps you see things clearly cos there are so many small items!

Kellie- unfortunately perseverence is the key to successful bed swapping LOL. Jemma stayed in her big bed for the first few nights but only cos we shut the door and she didn't think she could open it, but she figured out how and she was up and down every night for more than 2 wks. We kept putting her back, and putting her back, and eventually she stayed. It is hard though when it is just you doing it, Arron and I could share the putting back stuff, and it is exhausting getting up and down all the time. Maybe next time you will have better luck! We didn't leave the cot up, we packed it up the day we put the bed up!

Kathryn- that was a whopper of a sleep! Andrew will have to be quieter!

Christy- same for Pete, although staying in bed till 7am was good. But you don't really get any sleep. I had Jemma and Joshua in with us from about 7am. (spoke too soon didn't I). Josh on Arron's side and Jemma on my side. The clock beeped and Josh turned it off, which meant Arron had to reset it (I am a snooze button pusher), and between then and the alarm at 7.45 I listened to them waffling away, and kicking from jemma and blanket pulling....AARGH! In the end I told them to go turn the heater on and leave us alone....and 2 mins later the alarm went off and I had to get up! LOL Had to be the way didn't it?

Well I am having stay at home day, don't want to do much, am not 100% well and can't be stuffed really, am chatiing on here and doing ebay stuff as I go. We have to drop Jordan off at 6pm and be back to watch the play at 7.30pm. We are prob going to go crazy, last yr Jemma was only 19mths and Jessica was a nb, left her with mum, but took Jemma and Josh...Jemma was prowling the hall, laying on the floor etc, Josh was stirring her up...AHH! the joys, people thought she was gorgeous though. Lets hope she stays in her seat more this time, don't like those odds though.

Have a good day everyone
    Michelle

spiddles Guest

HellOoOoOoOoOooOooOo!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Guys it has been AGES!!!!!!!!

Dacholstar signed Liam's guest book which made me thought I better say hello!!

Liam is now 1..................has too many teeth nearly walking and chattering away!!

I have moved house AGAIN! long story............DH now does the same job as me too *lol* and loves it and I have lost 14 kgs and died my hair red!!

Hope everyone is great and hope to catch up with you all soon!!!!

mooshie Guest

Hi there everyone

thought i would pop in here now (seeing as i am only 1 day early) boohoo my little girl is 1 hey who would've thought it went that darn quickly.

i often read you forum and look forward to chatting to you all soon. its great to be back in with michelle and kellee again.

we had lani's first birthday party on sunday and it was great except for the rain typical and also a trip to the hospital on friday night/saturday morning with my ds who was febrile - temp 40, hallucination, vomiting all the good stuff - turned out it was bronchitis and they gave him antibiotics which made him throw up ](*,) back to the gp on saturday morning, when full party preparations were to be in full swing, to get different antibiotics - this time chewable tablets which worked a treat and come sunday morning he was jumping out of hsi skin. we had 70 people and yes it was raining most of the arvo (out of that 70 and 1/2 were children aged newborn to 9 yrs) we hired a jumping castle which was useless for most of the day cause of the rain - but thank god we had the foresight to hire a face painter - she was brilliant and all the kids lined up patiently inside for her to do their face. lani had a ball she had a good sleep in the morning and just rocked on all arvo enjoying the attention. by the time we got to sing happy birthday she was so tired she just stared in bewilderment.

anyway lani is crawling very fast everywhere, loves going to the loo to pull all the loo paper everywhere, she is standing holding onto something and cruises the furniture - she sort of walks holding onto jay's little tikes car but her legs keep going from underneath her. she has 6 teeth - with 2 more cutting at the moment, she generally sleeps well and says a few words like jay (her brother) gus (the dog) mummy, daddy, bot bot (bottle) and mmmmmm (food) lol she also does the usual party tricks lmao. she is only little 8kgs but is quite tall (i think) at 78cms and she is the absolute light of our life - she truly is in our eyes the most beautiful gift sent to us from her big sister jessica.

well i will stop now as i am going on and on - you will get used to my posts they can be quite long lol - i tend to just type what is going on in my head and my fingers just pound away lol.

look forward to getting to know you and your beautiful babies even more.

ps golly gosh spiddles i was only wondering about you the other day - sounds like things are going well for you and dh and liam.

Pietta Guest

Happy birthday Lani for tomorrow- it is good to have you over here with the big kids!!

Havent heard from Kellee for a while... or have i just missed it?

Glad to hear everything is going well for you and Liam Kylie. (I hope i remembered that right!!) Look forward to chatting with you more!!

Ryley is sleeping early again... fell asleep at 5 and is still asleep now at 8... i think i am going to wake him and give him a bottle and change etc.

I am feeling like crap atm too which makes life so wonderful. I am exhausted! and I think Ryley and I both have the same flu type thing coz Ryley is off his food.

Off to bed- bye all

Isn't Kellee on tour? I think she's away playing with someone famous LOL.

YAY its great to be with you girls again...although its been a while for me

Yeah Kellee is still away for another good week yet I think

Welcome Mooshie and Spiddles !! Great to have you with us. Getting quite full in here now LOL

Love

HAppy birthday to Lani! Hope you have a wonderful day Michelle, and so good to see you here. Everybody will get used to the posts, they put up with mine LOL

Spiddles- I thought something funny was going on when nell added your details. Wow what a difference 6 mths makes. Sounds like things are going great and wow at the weight loss. Liam sounds gorgeous, of course!

Pee- as Kathryn and Christy said- Kellee is on tour, was for about 3wks, we miss her here and she will be missing Charlie! Hope you and Ryley feel better soon.

Kellie LOL you will win one day with the bed, after all I don't know many grownups who squeeze into portacots LOL.

Well it's not very fun around here atm! Jessica is so sick. Took her to the drs this morning. Looks like gastro. It started yesterday with a vomit at 9.30 am, a diahrrea nappy after that. and then another vomit at 4, which kept on coming. She has eaten nothing for almost 24 hrs, and i am struggling to get water and hydralyte into her. She didn't have a temp this morning but it started at about 12pm, she is just so limp and so not her smily self. It makes me cry to look at her and she hasn't even got the energy to sit up let alone walk. She is asleep on my chest as I type. BIL arrives soon from QLD and will be here only 24 hrs and I don't know what we are going to do. They are having a quiet get together for him tonight at MIL which is in Kilmore but it means i will hav to drag her out.

Jordn's play last night was ok, Jemma was a bugger and Arron said she's never coming again cos we looked like Ferals LOL. She has the play tonight too.

Anyway better go
    Michelle

rofl Kellie !!

I used to climb into Kamerons cot on his bad nights 8-[

Love

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast