Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, September '05

Kellie- I wish I was superwoman.

Arron had a 2 hr sleep last night, while I fed the kids (well, all but Josh) then bathed the babies, and did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Then he got up and watched tv till 1.30am while I crashed at 11pm. He wonders why I get annoyed at him. Yesterday he helped in the kitchen in the morning for about 10 mins then played games all day (except for the half our of cementing poles in). And what's more he slept in till 11am. While I got woken up at 8.15am and then got up at 8.55am, got kids brekky, cleaned up some more, dressed Jemma and Jessica and had a shower and got dressed. My 1st coffee I got at 10.50am. And then he booted off to his mum's while I cleaned up. He did take the older 3 kids but still.........

Michelle- I hope that Kimberly and Alex are ok, and that you get some positive results on Alex.

Christy- ouch for Matilda's teeth, I think you did the right thing though calling the dr, you have to make sure. I have rang the hospital twice while Jess has been crook and asked the same questions ea time, and had her to the drs.

Ambah- I have this feeling that the turkey will hold it's own with the cats! DO they stay with the babies when they're young. Hope you can manage to deter them next yr. Are they aggressive towards you guys?

I know I've missed somebody but am going to fly, more cleaning to do

Cheers michelle

Morning Girls

Not much to report here.

Ambah I am glad your turkey friend has finally found a mate. I think I will be locking the cat inside for a while lmao.

Couldn't keep my eyes open yesterday, woke at 7am and was back in bed at 11am where I slept till 1pm and then I was in bed and asleep again at 6pm. I did have eye strain so that is probably why. At least the eye strain is better today.

Off to Playgroup in 40 mins, pity it is raining. I hate rainy days at playgroup. On Friday me and another girl were singing and dancing around like idiots to keep the kids amused as it was raining outside. I am glad nobody had a video camera lmao.

Lachlan gets his prevnar injections after playgroup today. Will be the 2nd time he has had to have it as he had it done back in March and then fell sick for 7 wks so couldn't have the follow up, so have to go and re-do it. wont be long and Kameron will be off for his 4yr old injections.

Anyway have a few emails to send so best do that before I leave or I will forget.

Love

Hey girls

Kat - I hope Lachies injections went ok! Does he have a fear of the Drs? Aidyn will start bawling every time we enter the Drs office now, no matter which one we see...
    LOL @ dancing and singing to keep all the kiddies amused, I would have liked to see that

Christy - thats a good point... it could very well be teething couldn't it? I know Aidyn used to go though hell sometimes just to pop out a tooth. I hope that Matilda stays well now though, and that the rest of those toothy pegs pop through without anymore trouble... wow, they are really coming out thick and fast now arent they!

Oh Michelle - grrrr @ your DH. If that were me I would pester and pester him until he got out of bed. Its my pet hate when DP goes for naps during the day on the days he is at home, when I know I would never get a chance of ever having one myself...

The turkey eggs are buried deep into the nest (under 50cm of mulch & stuff), so I doubt the cats even know they are in there for now. I think the eggs in there are fathered and mothered by all different turkeys. The males will mate with as many females as they can get, who all then lay their eggs in the same mound. Not to mention we are onto male #3, who only this morning kicked out male #2 and took over the mound... very interesting, LOL. Oh, and once the eggs hatch the baby turkeys are left to fend for themselves with no help from the parents, so we will definately have a fun time keeping the cats away...

I'm sad to report that Aidyn has definately, without a doubt dropped down to only 1 nap per day, as he has refused his 2nd nap for the past 5 days in a row... ](*,) So he will go down at about 11.30am until 1pm, and then thats it for the day

Hope Play group wasn't a wash out Kat, but LMAO at you and your friend singing to the kids, kids love it when grown ups sing, they even think we have great voices, I taught preps and they actually thought I wa a pretty good singer LOL, I can hold a tune but I'll never record a single IYKWIM?

Ambah- that is very interesting about the turkey's. But still I bet you wish it was happening next door! LOL. Bugger about that sleep going, I miss that too, Jemma hasn't done it much all yr and it was such a nice time for me to get a break although they had it timed so they were not down together so I didn't get the time all to myself.

We are gastro free, Jessica isn't her usual self 100% but no diarrea or vomiting, gotta be a good sign finally.

We went to the play centre, $25 for the 3 kids entry so pretty dear, but they had a ball. maccas for lunch and fuel and I'm poor LOL.

Have a great day tomorrow every one
    Michelle

Pietta Guest

Hello all.
    No time for personals today sorry i feel crappola and have had no sleep...

Ryley was sick and was given amoxicillin. Then his chest infection cleared up but he had (and we didnt know this) an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin. So he was vomitting EVERYTHINg including water that went into his belly. Poor little munchkin. Then he was sooooo white as a mother it was scary. He kept thrashing about and screaming so we took him to ER and they put him on water therapy coz he was so dehydrated. They said we could keep him in but i wanted to take him home. They said that would be okay anyway. So this morning we wake up and he has a huge rash all over him and i am worried its chicken pox coz there is alot of it going around at day care- we found out two kids were sent home today coz they were poxy- so i go to the doc and he says it is a reaction to the medication so my poor little Ryley is a spotty boy.
    He isnt sleeping so therefore im not sleeping and i just finished work and start again at 6!! Sooo tired!! I am just waiting for him to get pox because his poor little immune system is down. off to bed..

night all

awww Pee!! Poor Ryley & mummy!! I hope you both get heaps of rest while you can!

YAY Michelle for being gastro free!!! =D>

Kat I hope your eye strain is better

Well...I worked my big day yesterday & the rest of this week I have the neighbours kids with me until 1pm. So today we went to the park for a run to get them all tired & the two of them are watching a video while Matilda has a nap...ahhhh quiet.... I don't know how you girls with more children do it!! I'm buggered!! LOL

Oh, you poor thing Pee. Sounds like you need a few days in the sunshine, sipping a cool drink whilst dipping your toes in the sparkling blue of a delicious pool.

Hmmm... now I might have to go and find my togs myself.... fantastic day up here, around 26 degrees and blue skies, so I think it will be beach day this afternoon when Zeke gets up.

Ambah, both my kids dropped to only one sleep at around 12 months. Luckily Gabrielle actually then had a 2 hr sleep instead of 2 one hour sleeps. But Zeke just has one 1 hr sleep #-o . He'll make a good crammer if he ever goes to Uni, coz he needs very little sleep to function well.

Hi to all of you. I hope the school holidays are treating you well. Doesn't make much difference in our household (except for the difficulty in getting a park at any shopping centre)

No School holidays here yet. Still have another week to go after this one

Love

Yeah you can certainly tell that its school holidays up here... I was in Woolies yesterday at about 3pm, and the noise was horrendous, sounded like a bloody playground there were that many kids, LOL.
    Not to mention the creche at my gym is very full and noisy atm too...

Oh gosh Pee, thats awful, I hope Ryley recovers soon! And I hope you are able to get some rest too...

Ooh Christy, I bet it will be an interesting week for you having to look after 2 extra kids!

I'm so tired from this morning (I was so ready to go to bed by 4pm this arvo!)- as Aidyn decided to wake up at 6am and not go back to sleep. I think for tomorrow morning I will have some toys and books handy and just put them in his cot so he can play for half an hour or so.

Christy- are you looking after the kids all week? How old are they and how long each day are they there for? And don't worry I am tired just like you are, so it is totally normal to be stuffed LOL.

Pee- Joshua had allergic reactions to amoxil and another penicillin based medication and therefore the theory is he is actually allergic to penicillin. Hope he doesn't get the pox too, although better to have them young, Jordan had them last yr and it was much more yucky for her at 10 years old than it was for jemma at 16mths. Mine all got them while I was pg with Jessica and it took 6 wks to have a pox free house. Hope you too get some sleep.

Amber- if the toy trick works then go for it, I can remember the same thing with Jordan, the cot was full of toys LOL. jesssica actually will have a bottle in her cot and go back to sleep, whcih is nice.

Kathryn- hope playgrp was fun.

Christine- hope you had fun at the beach, when your kids are little holidays are nothing are they! I used to wonder why parents said "Oh no school hols!" As a teacher I thought parents would love to have their kids home for those 2 wks, that was until I became a SAHM. Then I realised it outs the whole routine out of whack, the kids get bored and fight and it's not really very much fun at all LOL. So saying I used to love them cos I worked FT and didn't see my kids all day. This hols I am actually trying to get out with the kids to stop the boredom, prob is as soon as we get home they fight regardless of being out all day having funLOL

Ebay day today, house a mess, going to stay home tomorrow and tidy up a bit, I am sitting here with a glass (well a 2nd glass) of charddy and catching up, may heklp me to sleep, although don't need help for that lol

Have a good one tomorrow girls.

Cheers michelle

Hello... the kids are 9 & 11 and while they are good kids generally, I found the girl today when she couldn't get my attention and wanted something snatched a toy off Matilda which knocked Matilda over & caused some screaming. Then I watched her more closely & she does it to everything, if she doesn't get what she wants she knocks someone else over or something & then throws her arms up in the air & says "I didn't do it" [-X So I told her I saw her do it & to go & sit outside on the veranda for a minute while I got Matilda settled & once Matilda stopped crying she could ask me what she wanted too... I hope thats okay, when her mum came to pick her up I told her what happened & what I did and she sounded fine with that..I'm always a bit scared about "punishing" other peoples kids ykwim... I just had to stop her from continuing to act that way as she was doing it all morning!

Sorry little vent over...LOL

Michelle I hope you got some rest last night lol...

Misty I wish we were a bit closer to the beach...I would be there all the time right now its so beautiful!

Hi Girls

Spent all day at playgroup yesterday, was called in to help lay bark all the helped pulled out the day before ](*,) I got stuck shovelling so feeling a bit sore today. 4 sessions to go before the holiday. Well 3 for me cause I will miss the very last session, as I will be packing to go away.

I hope everyone else is going well.

Love

urgh at the bark Kathryn.... yuck I bet you are excited about having some time away from playgroup LOL. I often am on my way thinking "how did I get roped into this again?"

I know how you feel Christy LMAO.

Just locking this thread and creating a new one.

love

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567