Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 Months to Toddler, January '05

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Harry had a great day playing with his cousins (6, 2 and 21 months) and eating lollies and birthday cake. I made him a cake with a racing car track on it made with chocolate icing, and green icing for grass. I was quite proud of it!
    Can't decide whether to start with toilet training. I just have the feeling he isn't quite ready yet, although he does sometimes tell me when he has filled his nappy. I think I might start by buying a potty or toilet seat and see what he thinks. Does anyone think one is better than the other? My MIL thinks potties are 'old fashioned' but I know some kids just don't like sitting on the big toilet.

Hi Bon

Our Potty is just like a seat with the potty part in the middle that you can remove. Kameron does also have a potty ring that sits on the big toilet, and he will use one or the other depending on his mood.

I have heard the potty that sits on the toilet with steps to climb up is quite good, and I have seen them in Kmart.

We were given both of our seats but if I had to choose I would have probably chosen a musical one that sings or whatever LMAO or the one with the steps that i mentioned above.

Love

Hi - those things for the toilet with the steps and the ring seat - out loo is a bit taller than average (thanks to the FIL builder) and that thing just didn't sit right and caitlin never liked climbing on it.

I bought a coupla little stools with the rubber feet - one for the toilet and one for the bathroom and they're ace.

Caitlin still uses the potty, only cos she can take it where she is playing so she doesnt miss out on anything. One of the pots we had was a white seat one with the little table in front, but her bottom used to get almost suction cupped to it and it left a mark. The better one was a purple turtle one from Kmart.

I liked the look of the ones huggies were giving away with the pull up bar codes, but you needed the potty before you bought the pull ups, by the time i had the bar codes, i'd discovered the aldi supermarket cheap version and had two normal pots !

cheers,
    barb.

I think I might go for one of those turtle potties - Harry might like the novelty of sitting on a turtle! If he doesn't like it we can try a toilet seat, but I think he would feel more secure on a potty.
    He gets his cast off on Tuesday. Yay! Mind you, you wouldn't think he has a cast on with the way he gets around on it. He has been walking on it since christmas, which is a good sign as it means everything is healing and it is not causing him pain. We are going to celebrate by giving him a nice bubble bath! And a swim in grandma's pool.

Woohoo at his cast coming off Bon. Bet he will be thrilled with that.
    My mum has a turtle potty but Kameron isn't that keen on it, but I guess it is cause he isn't used to it either, luckily she also has a ring that you sit on the toilet seat, so when he is there he uses that.

He does pretty well though if we are out he will sit on toilet with no ring and hold onto the sides to balance, and with ours he climbs up himself and has a leg hanging each side lmao.

Love

Hi Girls

I have created a listing that has all of your baby's first's on it ie first smile, first laugh, first tooth etc etc.

If you want to check it out and start adding your babies details reply to the thread it can be found HERE

I will be deleting the posts as I edit them into the first post to keep the thread short, so if you need something else included just leave a post asking to have an age included against something (ie Kathryn can you put 1yr 2mths down for walking.)

If you have older children feel free to add them into the listing as well.

Love

Hi Everyone,

Kimberley finally has a new tooth on it's way. I am hoping the others will follow like the last lot did.
    Only 14 days and she will be two

How is everyone else doing ??

Hi

Well Harry got his cast off yesterday. Poor little man freaked out when they started up the grinder thingy they use to remove casts. I had to hold him down while they got it off. Then he had to have another x-ray and he freaked out getting that. I am trying to comfort him and the x-ray guy is saying don't talk to him it will just make him worse. What the?? He is fine now though, he had to get used to walking on his leg again but now he is getting around fine. Running, jumping etc. Mind you I am a bit paranoid that he is going to hurt himself again. Doesn't help that MIL seems to think there is nothing wrong with him getting back on her trampoline again. I cannot believe she hasn't put the thing away. It is at least 15 years old, but "in all the years we've had it there has never been an accident" Until now!! But it doesn't matter what Stephen and I say, she will do what she wants anyway. So us telling her we don't want Harry playing on it anymore doesn't mean anything. ](*,) She will just put him on it one day when we are there and when nothing happens she use that as proof that she is right and we are unreasonable. GRRR.

I must admit my trampoline is a good 10years old. But we do need a new mat. It was fine up till xmas when both my nephews (they know they are not allowed) were jumping on it together. All of the stitching on the mat has now come away, even though the mat it's self is still holding on fine, but when you jump on it now too colour (ours is black) comes off onto your skin etc. So it really is time for a new mat. I also have to buy side protectors for it again since the dog ruined the ones i had when she was a puppy.

Glad to hear he is doing okay without his cast now though, and a definite What The ?? for not being able to talk to him when he was freaking out at the xray.

Love

Hi - do you knwo what new mats for trampolines cost ? Do you have one of those ones that are about 4 feet off the ground and about, say 12 feet long and 6ft across ?

My mum has one of those and the mat is dead, but i have this thought that a new mat would cost almost as much as a new trampoline ??

ta,
    barb.

I did find a website that had some listed and yes mine sounds like the same size as yours and the mat on their website retails for around $75 -$95 dependant on how many spring holes there are and size, but they are located in Brisbane but did say they have a branch in Vic. Not sure where though.

I will be checking out toys r us next time i am that way as well.

Love

Fire Fly Guest

Default 12 months to toddler chat

KerrieT would like to enter chat

Hi Kerrie

Jump on in

We spent some of the arvo today and Tatty Teddys and went in their pool. Kam was enjoying himself till he fell in face first when he leant off the step a bit to far to splash water, lucky i was only two steps away and he was out of the water again within seconds but a bit scary all the same.

Just hope he handles the bath okay, I did ask him a short while ago and I got a definite NO to having the a bath which isn't like him. So will try again a bit later

Love

Hope Kameron has a bath okay for you later

mumof4under4 Guest

Forum Name: mumof4under4
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11th July 2000
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Micaela Lee
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: speech delay
    Notes: She came 4 days late was induced, came out 56 cms long 9 pound 13 ounces was in labour for 12 hours

Baby's DOB: 13th October 2001
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Jacynta Marie
    Health Concerns: nil
    Notes: She came 4 days late as well (two more days she would of been born on my birthday) she was also 56 cms long but my smallest 9 pound 4 ounces.

Baby's DOB: 4th October 2002
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Mitchell John James
    Health Concerns: He has been to the hospital due to him becoming paralised and after a week they found out he had a infection in his hip bone we were in hospital for over a month but everything is fine now but they are unsure if it will come back or if he will be a in a wheelchair in the future.
    Notes: I was induced with Mitchell he came 13 days late, He was also 56cms long but he was my babiest baby he was born 11 pound 2 (natural)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12