Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months August 05 #2

Hi girls - miss me? lol, only that you got away with 12 pages in your last thread!

Thanks Dee, Sarah and Tanya for the 6 months congrats for Matthew. He is really growing a such a darling. He has gotten into the habit of hating daytime sleeps but I think that's due to sleeping in his cot down the end of the house. Apparently at this stage they may get seperation anxitey. So he sleeps in his pram in the lounge during the day and he seems okay with that.

My teeth - thanks for thinking of me girls, really appreciate it. Am feeling so much better today, almost a week on. Couldn't done it without DH's help though...

I will now go and do a catch up, I'm sure all is well.

Debbie Lee Guest

Good to hear you are doing well with your teeth (or lack thereof!), Nell. We were quite sneaky getting away with 12 pages, hey Sounds good with Matty sleeping in the pram - so long as he sleeps, who cares where, right? How many naps does he have per day now? I think around 6 months is when they generally drop back to 2 naps (give or take).

MG on today so I have put Gabby down a bit earlier for her morning sleep. Haven't heard a peep out of her so she must be ok with it. I was going to walk as it's just up the road today but it's pouring down with rain. Poo!
    Neil and I went out for dinner last night as a spur of the moment thing. While we are all cashed up we may as well! We just went down to the local bistro and used our entertainment book thingy. Gabby slept while I had dinner so she was a good little girl! It was good for Neil and I to sit down and have each other's undivided attention. We definitely needed it!

Hey girls,
    Deb great to hear you and Neil got a night out together. Yay on the kick and whirl carnival

Nell... yes we did miss you O I agree with Deb, as long as he is sleeping

Dee, when you are sick you are supposed to be taking it easy!! Not making all that yummy food Always tases better with home grown produce hey?

The toy sounds very cute Sarah. I hate when I get the songs form the toys stuck in my head...
    Yay at going swimming with your MG, fantastic idea. I have Violet booked in for October too... It'll be tough, but we'll get the hang of it (taking both of them at the same time i mean).

Michelle, yay for Alex sleeping on the other side ...

Violet has a cold she wakes up allll hte time not being able to breathe... poor chook... so two tough nighs of sleep for us... uuurrgghh!! So Wato has taken Emily to swimming by himself again because I didn't want to take Violet out. I have a bit of a cough which I thought was going to be worse because the first day I had it it hurt my chest... but it isn't too bad now.
    I am sure Violet is never going to sit up...lol... I go to sit her down and she just stiffens up and won't let me put her on her bum... Her eyelashes are getting long too... All my girls have lashes to die for!! Very cute!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww... poor Violet with her cold.. and poor Mummy having no sleep. It sounds terrible, Tanya. Sorry to hear that you haven't been well either. Colds suck!

How's the cold today Dee? So did you end up having a nap yesterday?

The weather is icky here as well Deb, not quite raining yet but it's going to. Yay for a nice dinner with you & Neil, I think you both needed it.

Zander has another cold as well Tanya, so I can sympathise :hugs:
    Don't worry about the not sitting up thing yet, Zander is the same!!

Very quiet day here today, Zander has been sleeping heaps cos of his cold so I've been tackling his scrapbook. I need to get some more photos printed though - I've had printed from birth to about the middle of June, so there are quite a few to be printed.

I think we might be getting Zander his new car seat on the weekend cos he gets very cranky getting into the little capsule now. *sob* my boy's growing up too fast.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah : Awwww... uno he is growing up whenever you have to move him into something new like the car seat. Sorry to hear that Zander has another cold!
    I am going to PM you with the web site where I get my photos printed for 15 cents a print. It's pretty cool. You do have to wait a little longer because they get printed in NZ but they do an excellent job. Really easy to use too.

Sarah - no I didn`t have a nap yesterday but as the evening wore on I was feeling pretty rotten so at 8pm I took Matthew to bed with me, he had a feed and was asleep by 8.30pm and I got to sleep not long after. I still feel awful today, have to go and get the boys soon, hopefully they aren`t in this terrible Friday mood that they seem to be in when we pick them up, here`s hoping anyway. Hope Zander is feeling better soon. It`s amazing how fast they grow, I was saying to Mark yesterday it`s hard to imagine Matthew as that little baby he once was, his reply was he was never little but he knew what I meant

Tanya - I hope Violet gets better soon so she starts sleeping through the night so you can get some sleep, I`m sure I`ll be in the same position with Matthew in a few days time, I can`t see how he could possibily avoid my cold. I`m sure Violet will eventually sit up, I feel the same way with Matthew and rolling.

Deb - Have fun at MG today and that`s fantastic that you both got out and had dinner together.

Nell - Glad to see you back and that your teeth are feeling a lot better.

As I said Matthew got to sleep at 8.30pm, Mark`s alarm went off at 2.30am and woke Matthew, I really thought he`d be getting up, he looked over at me and smiled, Mark did his usual of giving me a kiss before he goes, turn off the light and Matthew went to sleep, what a darling he is, he eventually got up at 7.30am.

Take Care

Deeanne

Oh Deb would you be so kind to send me the site too

Don't know how well I'll go on this big catch up but I promise to try.
    My computer has been down AGAIN. Stupid thing keeps crashing on me.

Tehya talks =D> Yep thats right, the girl talks already. DAD DAD DAD, typical, who's the person that looks after her all of the time. Also she makes this sound that we all swear sounds like she is saying Hello. I guess she could be given that we say Hello Bub to her. I was thinking she was abit young to start talking but she's doing it alright.

Sarah, bummer that Zander has another cold. I think it's this stupid weather that keeps changing on us. YAY on getting your highchair and for putting it together. I'm ususally the one to put that sort of stuff together here too. YAY for Zander liking his rusks too. Tehya gets them everywhere.

Deb, YAY for finally getting you tax check in and being able to spend away. Good to hear that Gabby likes her kick and whirl. Good on you guys for going out for a meal too. It's a nice thing to do when you get the chance.

Nell, of course we missed you. Hope that your mouth is feeling all better now. Congrats on the big 6 months to Matty. I hope that he is doing well.

Tanya, sorry to hear that Violet has a cold poor little Miss. All of my kids have beautiful long eyelashes too. Noah's and Tehya's are red of course so quite hard to see but the big boys are beautiful long and dark.

Dee, sorry I had a giggle at your home grown eggs. Do you sit on them yourself I hope that your feeling better now. And I wouldn't say Matthew is spoilt. I don't like that term I say "well loved" that's what my kids are.

Michelle, I'm sure that Alex will be fine. Phooey to your MCHN too for thinking that he is front of the tv all day. I hope that Alex is feeling better now.

Bec, LOL on Eliza sounding like a money. Any noise has to be thought of as productive anyway.

Sorry to those I've missed, my review doesn't go back any further. I hope that you are all going well and bubs are doing great.

As I said at the beginning of my post Tehya has started to abble alot more, her newest word being DAD DAD. It really does sound so cute. I don't mind her saying Dad first, I even taught Brandon and Noah to say it first. I like that idea of being able to say "oh she/he wants you" LOL, Noah still does it to Mark.
    I went and picked up my Pixie Phots yesterday and Yep, just as I thought, they are crap. There was 1 nice one of Noah although he isn't even looking at the camera and Tehya's ones aren't that great at all. I ended up getting 1 of Noah and 1 of Tehya as they are supposed to be Marks fathers day pressie.

Better go Noah needs picking up from preschool and of course Tehya, who hasn't slept all bloody day is fast asleep and has been for alittle over an hour now.

Take care
    Trish

Seeing as Zander now has his highchair I decided he needed a new ticker

The weather is insane Trish, hot then cold then hot, it's driving me nuts! Yay on Tehya talking, even if it is dadadadad :roll: Bumma about the computer & the Pixie Photos not turning out as well.

Aww sounds like Matthew had a good sleep last night cos mummy needed one! Hope you're feeling better too Dee.

Thanks for the PM Deb, I'll definately look into that one for sure.

Trish... so cute that Tehya is saying Dad... smart little girl

Sarah, Oh no @ poor Zander's cold Violet seems to be feeling a bit better this afternoon... not quite as much snot!
    Yay for the car seat I hope you can go and get it... they look so cute sitting front ways... just don't smash your car while trying to look at him all the time

Dee, sounds like you needed the sleep that Matthew gaveyou. Violet did the same thing when I was really sick a couple of weeks ago... woke at about 9am

Went and did the shopping this afternoon, left the girls with their father . (which reminds me I'll have to express some milk) Tis great to get the groceries without the girls
    Funny thing about Violets sitting up, is that she almost is... but if I try to put her down and she sees something she rreeeeally wants... nup! Legs go straight and she would rather stand up.

Gotta go to the woohoo forum

Tanya

Deb - That is great Gabby loves her kick and whirl.
    Alex is slowly getting used to his.

Dee - Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tanya - So funny that Violet wants to stand.

Sarah - Hope Zander's is feeling much better soon.
    Looks like lots of the little ones have colds.

Alex still has his cough but seems a little better. Took him to the CYN today and he has put on another 200grms in a week even with him throwing up.
    I was asked how i was doing and i just stood there and started crying the lady took me into a room and we had a talk about things and she has booked me into see a counsellor (sp?) next Friday and i have to go back to CYH on Tuesday so they can check how i am doing.
    Hopefully i will start to feel better soon.

Michelle - loads of hugs for you. I hope you feel better soon too and seeing a counseller isn't all that bad - it's a great release. Matty also vomits alot and is still putting the weight on so good to see Alex is as well.

Sarah - yay on Zanders new highchair! Great looking ticker too! I wished we didn't have a highchair so we could get a FP on too, they look so cool..

Deb - yay for Gabby and her kick and whirl. Wished we'd got one for Matty too. Oh well, maybe for the next bubs. Glad you went out for dinner. Pete and I haven't been for dinner since April - that is forever! We must do it again soon. Can I have the Pm too please??

Dee - it seems Matthew is turning into a great sleeper! Hope the other boys were okay for you this time and have no surprise assignments to be done.

Trish - that was a massive catch up! Well Done! I get soo lazy with the massive catch ups.. How cute at Tehya talking, what a clever girl!

Tanya - gald to see Violet's cold is getting better... you have a clever girl also.. wanting to stand.

Fi - I see you've booked a holiday.. has she already gone? Have fun if you haven't.

Hi everyone else.

I am going to hang out in here until you all meet me in the 6 month forum, kinda lonely in there without all my buddies.

Nell, I look at how much I have to catch up on it scares me sometimes. Somedays I just have a read and think NAH I can't do it and come back later. Stick around with us, we don't mind All too soon we'll be joining you in the next forum

Sarah, have you got your new av already? I tried refreshing to see if it changed and it didn't. Oh well if you have I'm sure it looks great and I'll see it soon.

Michelle, huge hugs to you sweety. Maybe a chat with the counsellor is just what you need. A good outlet for you. You know that we're all here if you need a good chat, cry or a scream.

Dee, I hope that you. have a nice weekend and that the boys are nie and calm for you. I have my big boys here this weekend, so far they have been quiet but it is still early.

Tanya, your lucky that Violet willl take the bottle for you. I brought the Isis pump and got out a full bottle and of course Tehya won't drink it will she. What a waste. She must just love mummy's bb's How much quicker is it getting the shopping done without the kids.

Had another shocker night last night. Oh well, those nights just make me look forward to Tresillian. I swear I am expecting a miracle to happen when I go there.

Noah's cold has really kicked in now. He has a lovely yuck nose and a severe case of conjunctivitus. Poor little man screamed last night when i was trying to give him his medicine. He refused to take it so I held his head back and forced him afterwards he said to me "why darlin', why you choke me?" I felt like crying. And of course I still had to put his eyedrops in.

Looks like I won't be buying a new puter for a while. We hae found a house that we're really serious about so all finances are being put that way atm. Oh well, looks like I'll be sending it away to the puter shop again.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Take care
    Trish

Not a new av Trish, just my ticker! Awwww poor Noah Yaaay at the new house though, you're buying aren't you?

Awww you can hang out with us Nell, we won't tell Yup, Fi has already gone, probably sunning herself as we speak!

Yay on the weight gain for Alex Michelle \/ Good luck with the counsellor next week, I hope it helps.

LOL at crashing the car trying to look at the baby too much Tanya! As it is, we have a mirror on the back windscreen to see him & Aaron can't help it! I'm not too bad. Yay for shopping on your own & I read your woohoo & I agree - WOOHOOOO!!

Oh and happy 5months to Zander & Violet

As I said, we're off shopping today - I have to get more photos printed, get some more glue & Zander's car seat. Hope everyone has a good day!

Debbie Lee Guest

Woo hooo!! 5 months for Zander and Violet. Wow... did you ever think it would get this far?? And so quickly??

Sarah - have fun shopping today!! I am going to try and twist Neil's arm and see if he will come to the seconds shops in Torquay to buy him some new trackies. Problem is, because he has printed half the stuff, he finds all the faults and is soooooooooo picky! Grrrrr :roll: Yay for Zander's new ticker - clever boy in his high chair! Gabby is still to little for hers. The bouncer does the trick 4 now.

Trish - OMG how cute is Noah with what he said?? Gosh kids say the funniest stuff. Sounds like you guys are having a rough trot. Hey, if Tresillian don't have a "miracle" they may at least be able to get a rountine happening. It's gotta be hard to have one with 4 kids! Tehya's talking sounds so cute! We haven't really got to the talking stage with Gabba. Sometimes she sounds like she says Mumumumum when she's really grizzly but otherwise it's just "ahahaaaaa" type stuff.

Nell - sent you that PM (you too Dee). It's a pretty good site - really easy to follow. I have about 300 photos to order so I might have to do 2 different lots or otherwise I will be waiting forever for the darn things to upload. No worries about staying here until we all migrate to the next forum. It feels like we all just got here and now everyone is starting to move on again, LOL. Definitely go out to dinner again soon - it does wonders!

Michelle - good on you for having a chat to your MCHN. It's great that she has organised some counselling for you. I really hope that you can get the help you need to start feeling on top of things again. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to deal with a baby AND a toddler - it must take so much out of you (esp. when things rarely go according to plan). Just remember - you are doing an excellent job!! :hugs: for you.

Tanya - yay 4 going shopping on your own. It must be soooo much easier to concentrate. Gabby is the same as Violet - she would rather stand than sit down. She thinks she is the greatest when I have her standing up and hang onto her hands (I think there's a photo on her site but she was cracking it because she was ready for bed - normally she's smiling her head off).

Dee - yay for Matthew's effort at going back to sleep yesterday morning. It always makes the day feel better when they just drift back off on their own until it's a decent time.

We went to a friend's for dinner last night and I thought, blow it, I am going to have some bourbon cans! So I took a formula bottle along for Gabby (and some farex but she wasn't interested in that) then expressed when I got home. We didn't get to sleep until 2am (Gab had a 4 hour nap @ our friend's place) but she still woke at 7am. I only had 4 cans so I am not hung over but, geeeeeez, a bit more sleep would have been nice. I think there must be the noise of the birds or something at 7am that wakes her up?? Ah well... will just have to have a nap this afternoon.

Michelle... Aww you poor chook!! I had no idea you were feeling so horrible... so my applogies. I hope your counselling session helps you out a bit.

Nell... we are happy to have you while tyou wean your way into the 6mo thread by that time we'll be there too

Sarah, have fun shopping and Yay for Zander & Violet .... wasn't it just last week they were 4mo?? I think Declan is 5mo today too

Trish... How cute is Noah... poor little thing... I am still giggling at how cute he is
    Have you tried Tehya on a sippy cup or a straw cup??

Slept on hte couch again with Violet... poor little girl, although she seems to be getting a little better. Bough a ticket for Wato to take Emily to the circus tonight. I only need one ticket cause Emily can sit on his knee... so I got a front row seat
    Alecia is having a friend over tonight... I hope they aren't too noisy, they are usually pretty good

Tanya

Blue Sky Guest

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me butting into your thread! Am hoping you can help. 8-[

My SIL has just given birth to my beautiful neice in the USA and, as she has all the newborn stuff she will ever need, has asked that I send some winter clothes for when she's a bit older. I guess she's thinking that they will be coming on special here as they would be going out of season.
    She will be 4mths in December for their winter. I don't have any kids of my own (yet - I'm on the IVF rollercoaster) and am totally clueless when it comes to baby sizes. My niece was just over 9pd when she was born - if that helps.

Can anyone advise what sizes I should be looking for and what items you would recommend?

Thanks
    Blue

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast