Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months August 05 #2

I don't like my chances of a siesta, Sarah... I have to drop Alecia's friend off soon... then I have 1000000000 things to do #-o

Tanya

Sarah - Can I have what your on LOL WOW Zander is getting a chubby boy. YAY at doing 3 pages of scrapping =D>

Tanya - I had to look in a couple of books about a week ago to find out what is a high temp for babies as I thought Matthew had a temp anyway the books said 35.7 HTH. Sorry that you had another bad night. LOL at the girls with lipstick all over their faces. Hope your cough gets better soon.

Nell - what a very clever little boy Matty is and all in 24hrs \/

Happy 5 months to Miss Gabby

Bec - Hope your having another good day today

Went to bed early last night, I felt exhausted after getting dinner for 6, I was run of my feet plus Matthew was crying for his din dins and Mark hasn`t got the patience with him when he`s crying, so I had to tell him just 10 more minutes and I`m finished now if only someone else could have taken over preparing dinner it would have been fine.

You girls probably remember me saying that I`m sure MIL thinks I`m force feeding Matthew with doing demand feeding with him anyway my thoughts were proven yesterday, she told me that he`s overfull he doesn`t want anymore ](*,) Matthew will feed every 1 - 2 hrs throughout the day and that`s the way he is, MCHN said he obviously needs lots of feeds during the day becuase he sleeps for so long at night. Now I`m paranoid that maybe I`m forcefeeding Matthew but I always thought that a baby would only drink what they want. I think a lot of my MIL but sometimes ](*,)

Take Care

Deeanne

ange-par Guest

Hi All

Ella cut her first tooth today and has been such a dream. I was under the impression that I would have this horrible screaming child to look after. If all her teeth cut like this, just bring it on.

I have organised the christening and when the tax return comes I will start looking for a nice gown.

My beautiful baby has just woken up, so I must be off.....

Happy 5 months Gabby and Zander

Deeanne - I told the CYN on Friday that i feed Alex when ever he wants and he takes what ever he wants. I think we all know what our babies want.

Nellbe - Well done to Matthew on doing so well.

Tanya - Hope you are able to get some sleep soon.

Alexander is going ok. He did sleep a bit funny last night started to wake every 3 hours up to 1a.m then slept till 9a.m. Can't wait for him to sleep all night. I went out last night while Paul watched the kids is was so nice to get out without them for a few hours.

Has anyone else started solids yet ??
    If not when are you going to start ?

Nope, not solids here yet Michelle. Were waiting until 6months. That was a funny sleep last night wasn't it, hopefully he'll be better tonight.

Yay on Ella getting a tooth \/ Sounds like it was easy peasy for her!

And what are you implying Miss Deanne???? Sounds like you need an extra hand at home sometimes. If it were me though, I'd turn dinner off & make everyone wait. My ECHN told me that baby's will only eat as much as they wont so I'd also say youre not forcefeeding Matthew.

Had a pretty good day, I went shopping on my own which was odd cos I kept thinking I was missing something!

I agree Dee - I don't think you are force feeding Matthew either. You'll probably find that his feeding habits will change heaps as the weeks go on. I can't believe noone helped you! I would've turned it all off as well and made them wait.

Happy 5 months Gabby!

Michelle - I was going to wait until 6 months but to me and DH he started showing the signs at 5.5 months so I started him then. He seems to be a happier baby for it.

Angie -congrats on the first tooth!

Tanya - I was going to wait until 8 kg but at the rate we are going he will be 9 months before he is there. I shall see how we go, he holds his head fine as you all know as he sits up now. LOL at Alecia and her friends... the things they find amusing.

Sarah - did you do some exciting shopping?

Matty went to his first football match today. My nephew was playing in the semi final so we trapased along as well, he thought it was okay but he didn't like anyone else holding him? Just mummy. Oh well, at least he was good while we were there. Even had a 30 min nap!

Welcome to Juliette and Hannah to this forum.

Happy 3 months Hannah!

Nellbe - What signs did Matty show so your knew he wanted soilds ?

I never looked for any signs with Kimberley just started her at 4 months and she was ok with it.

Welcome Juliette and Hannah

It was a combination of things, firstly he was smacking his lips whenever we ate something in front of him. He also began waking up at night, whereas he was sleeping through. And he always seemed to being feeding from me. And he was grizzly quite a bit. So we both thought he may need solids and tried him. He ate them with no fuss and has continued going great guns.

Does that help?

Thanks Nellbe that has helped heaps.

Alex has just found his lips and smacks them togther after a feed. He has started to get very upset after a feed but will not take anymore and is taking less formula. I was thinking of trying him on some baby rice but just am not sure if it is the right thing to do.

Angie - Woohoo for the first tooth \/

Nell - yay for Matty`s first football match. Yes I`ve found Matthew`s feeding habits have changed especially in the last 10 days or so, up until then 1 BB for each feed was enough now it`s both and as I said earlier he`d often want a feed every 1 - 2 hours during the day, somehow I don`t think we`re going to make 6 months for solids.

Michelle - as you know I was going to wait till 6 months but I can`t see that happening now as he is always hungry.

Welcome Juliette - happy 3 months to Hannah

Thankyou girls, I didn`t think I was forcefeeding Matthew, it`s just MIL she doesn`t like demand feeding and tonight Mark`s cooking steak on the bbq so I`m not cooking for 6 tonight.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hmmm, not sure what to suggest. Tanya started Violet on solids around 4 months? Maybe she can help...

All I can say is to trust your instict.

Michelle - I agree with Nell trust your instincts.

Hello mums and bubs,
    Happy 5 months Gabby..and a belated happy 5 months Zander oohh did Violet clock over too..hang on just check ohh yes happy 5 months.
    Welcome Juliet and Hannah. Happy 3 months
    We are trying the food game again..Eliza seems to be a little more interested, decided that I will give her farex till we see the MCHN in a couple of weeks. I am so tired I think I am coming down with something, I have made an appointment with my doctor I just don't feel right and it has been going on for awhile.
    Congrats on the toothies Matty and Ella you will be chomping away on steaks before we know it. I agree with the girls Michelle do what you think is right...or try it and if it is not working don't worry wait awhile, I tried Eliza many times and ended up not continuing.
    Dee I down tools when I am feeling a little under appreciated.
    Sarah Hope you did some great shopping.
    Tanya: I thought temps above 37 are classed as low grade...39 and 40 are doctor time...I'm not too sure though, I still can't seem to get the temp thing in her ear...little wiggler. lol at the girls and the lippy..at least it wasn't on a pimply little boy...lol
    Better go and get some sleep. Talk to you soon.
    Bec

See what happens when your puter crashes all of the time. I have huge ammounts of post's to catch up on, it couldn't have been just a quiet weekend on BB.

Happy 5 months to Gabby - your getting old girlie
    Welcome Juliet and Hannah
    Angie and Ella yay for your first toothy peg =D>

Dee, somedays - actually most of them I am feeding Tehya every couple of hours, sometimes twice in an hour as she only has quick feeds. They say that bf babies don't overfeed, soooooo phooey to your MIL.

Michelle, I personally would wait until Alex was a little older - atleast 4 months, but that's just me. As the other girls said you know your own baby best. Maybe just up his breastfeeds (or bottles, sorry don't know what he's on) around his age he will be having a growth spurt which is why he might be hungrier. HTH. Just my opinion of course.

Sarah, I hope that you had a nice time out shopping by yourself. IKWYM about feeling like you've forgotten something. I went out for 90minutes up to the scrapshop on Thursday night without Tehya and Ifelt like I'd forgotten something in the car. I know the jumpy thing you are talking about. Marks' parents got one for Noah's first xmas so we have to pull it out soon for Tehya.

Tanya, I hope that Violets starts to feel better really soon. Fingers crossed that you got a better nights sleep last night. LOL at the girls. Ahhh to be a teenager again.
    I think around 36degrees is the average temp for a baby - their body temp is a little lower than ours. So anything above 37.5 in considered a low fever, above 38 a fever and 39 she needs to go to the Drs. Funny you say that about Noah sounding like Golem, he use to muck around and do that stupid walk and we would call him Golem, especially when he did it naked 8-[

Bec, I hope you enjoyed your great day with Eliza. Sounds like you were in a fantstic mood.

Deb, I hope all is going well with you and yours. How's Miss Gabby handling getting older?

Well I have a tentative YAY!!!! We made an offer on the house and they accepted it. Now we just have to get financil approval. They want a longer settlement so that's great for us in the way that we can get together more $$$ but of course once you know the house is yours you want to move in straight away. We are going for another look this afternoon and the financier is going around tonight for a chat. I think I will have to leave Mark to it and get all of the kids out of the house so they can chat properly though.

Tehya is still being a buggar with her sleeping. I think we got just over an hour out of her all day yesterday and by the afternoon she was feral. I had an undercoverwear party here so my house was full too.
    I did pretty well out of it, got $90 to spend plus 3 half price garments and a garment for $20. Not too bad although I won't by bra's from there atm because they don't sell maternity ones.

Brandon is chucking a sicky today. Amazing how he can be coughing his gits up all morning and once I give in and say yes you can stay home it all stops. Still, I knew he wasn't that sick. He can give me a hand around here today instead.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow... one day away from BB and look what I have to catch up on!

Before I forget tho.... Sarah and Dee - that link I sent you was wrong. You need to wack an " .au " on the end because doofus here forgot to put it on. Nell asked me about it so I went to check and it was a whole other site!! ](*,) So if you went there and it doesn't make sense, that's why. Silly me!

Thanks everyone for the 5 months congrats. I can't believe we are almost half way through her first year!! 8-[

Angela - yay for Ella's tooth! I hope they all come in that smoothly for you and her! Hope you can find a lovely christening dress. I will have to get mine out and have a look next time I am at Mum's.

Bec - sounds like you had a lovely weekend. The scrapbooking sounds great. LOL @ being married so long that there isn't much conversation. Neil and I still converse but it's usually me doing all the talking and him grunting every now and then, LOL. Hope you are feeling better.

Trish - yay @ your offer being accepted for the house. I dunno how you guys afford to buy houses up that way. My Aunty and Uncle flipped when they came down from Canberra for a visit because the houses were so cheap and they were looking at properties in Torquay which are considered expensive!! Yay 4 the bargains at your undercover wear party. LOL @ Brandon "suddenly" being ok. Put him to work, I say!!

Michelle - I would say to try and string Alex out til 4 months. Gabby was having some Farex at about 4.5 months (mainly because I felt my supply was low) but now she has it because she has been watching us eat.

Sarah - isn't it funny how when you go out without the baby, you feel like you have left something behind? I always go to get Gabby out of the car when she's not with me. Bizarre!

Dee - I am with the others. You are not overfeeding Matthew by any means. He has lots to drink during the day because he sleeps so well at night. Gabby was pretty much the same. Now she has adjusted herself. She sleeps less at night (7-8 hours instead of 10-12 hours) and has longer naps during the day. They are the ones that figure it out. Your MIL is obviously from the generation where a strict routine was advised (and found to be no good for the child at all). So don't let her put doubt into your head. You are doing an amazing job!!!

Nell - YAY for Matty's second tooth AND for having a drink from his sippy cup AND for going to the footy. WOW! He's a clever boy. You can see what they mean when they say that kids grow up way too fast, hey?

Tanya - I hope you got a better sleep last night. LOL @ the girls playing with lipstick until all hours of the night. It makes me remember what we used to get up to during our sleepovers.... oh dear!!

Well, I managed to drag Neil to church yesterday. Mum was rapt. She took Gabby up the front to show her off when the service started. It was a bit full-on (communion and everything - a lot for Neil) but it was nice to catch up with a whole lot of people that I haven't seen in a while. Gabby was pretty good. She started sooking a little so I wrapped her up and gave her to Hanna (my sis) because she can normally get any baby to sleep. But Hanna had to help with handing stuff out so she gave Gabby to Mum and she wouldn't sleep. So I popped her in the hug-a-bub and she slept for about 30 minutes. She was a pretty good girl tho.
    We had lunch and Mum's then headed home. I was sooooo tired for some reason so I had a nap when Gabby did. She slept for 4 hours!! 8-[ I woke up at about 7pm. Neil had done the dishes and cooked dinner. WOW! If only all Sundays were so perfect.

Hey deb, that sounded like an awesome day!! Yesterday was also fun - the bb WA mmet. It waa fun, but also tired the kids out. Now im worried about declan, he slept all night, got up, had a little feed (i forcefed him, i was soooo full!) and is sleeping peacefully. he didnt even stir when DH slammed the font door (grrrr... ) I jusr hope he ist getting sick again, he sleeps heaps when he's sick (doesnt usually sleep much)

It amazing how many of these kids turned 5 months on the last 2 or 3 days!! Declan is thriving, the MCHN couldnt believe i though i was a bad mum... she weighd declan and told me he's 9.2kg, and doing very very well (i think he's above the 3rd percentile!!) not bad for a premmie!! Xander is still stuck on his vegemite s/w, toast, milk and cheese... at leat there's lots of vitamins in his diet!!

Anyway, xander's asking for "toas" so i'd better keep this one short...

Hey girls... lots of chatting in here!!!

Just a quick one from me... Violets temp was above 38 all day yesterday and this morning it was 40 and she was screaming and panting... so off to the hospital. She has a bad throat infection and is on antibiotics. I've just spent the passed hour trying to comfort her, she is asleep in my arms for the moment...
    She won't eat and hardly sleeps... lots of crying.
    Anyway might be back later when bub starts to feel better... fingers crossed.

Tanya

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast