Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months August 05 #2

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - they are a crack up, hey?? It makes it very hard to keep a straight face! So cute that Matthew giggles when you change his clothes. Gabby cracks it when I dress her. She likes being rudey nudey. In that respect, she is just like me as a baby. Mum said that when I was a toddler, I would constantly take off my clothes and nappy and run around buck-naked. Thank goodness for society that I don't do that these days! Ewwww... that would be a sight!! LOL

I got a age list on when they go through these stages and it is about right for 3 months old to get a little upset. I hope it only lasts a few days.

Debbie - You are so right no matter what they do during the day it does not mean they will sleep at night.

Dee - Matthew is just too cute. It is hard to keep a straight face when they are doing things wait till he gets older and you want to tell him off and all you do is laugh. It is so hard not to laugh at times.

Tried to post yesterday but my puter crashed on me. So not fair, there is way too much to catch up on. Hopefully I can do it briefly.

Deb, I have finally pulled out my Sounds for Silence cd, just yesterday. I had it one for a few minutes when I was feeding Tehya and she crashed straight away, purely coincidental I think, but I am going to try it out a few more times today. I want to try to get Tehya used to going down to bed awake before we go into sleep school so it's not as much of a shock to her. So how was the baby einstein DVD? I've seen them around but not really paid much attention to them.

Michelle, good to hear that the CHN had some answers for you. It is very true what Deb said about them not sleeping well at night if they have little sleep during the day. I can certainly vouch for that. Most days we are lucky to get 90 minutes of broken sleep out of Tehya and then she's awake half of the night. Hopefully Alex starts to sleep better for you real soon.

Dee, very cute about Matthew and the raspberries. Tehya loves to be nude as well, we usually lay her on floor during dinner with her nappy off so we can get some happiness out of her (and a hot dinner for me).

Mark, sounds like Kristanna is going great guns. Good to hear that she is doing so well and growing quite nicely too.

Angela, good to hear that the Paed can sort ot Ella's excema. Fingers crossed for painfree teething.

Simone, I hope that the boys aren't getting sick. Still, atleast they are sleeping great for you.

Sarah, how are you and Zander going? Hopefully all is well in your house.

Tanya, how are you and the girls doing? Hope that Violet gets better quick.

Nell, hope that you and Matty are doing well. Good to hear that he still loves his Boobie Juice

Ok, I know that I've missed out on peoples. My little brain can only cope with so much. We had a pretty good nights sleep last night. I think we only got up twice which is very rare for Tehya.

Our finance got approved for the house and we went and had a second look at the house. We took off our rose glasses and found quite a few negatives about the property. Also they still haven't let us know if the back room is council approved yet. We are finding out about the room and getting the building inspection done before we leave a deposit. Nobody else is looking at the property which also makes us wonder if we are crazy, KWIM? Mark and I have decided if someone else does go for the property then we won't be disapointed.

While we were checking out the house with the real estate agent - a nice guy just abit stiff and straight, anyway he was bending down looking at the carpet and Noah decided it was the perfect oppotunity to give this guy a noogy ( a rough rub on the head) #-o I didn't see him do it but Mark said he had to pick Noah up and walk away to hide his laughter. Don't now who's worse - the dad or the kid.

Hopefully it won't take me so long to get back on here again.

Take care
    Trish

Nope. I couldn't do it briefly.

Take care
    Trish

Had a loooong day yesterday so no BB!

The book party was great yesterday Nell, I spent $50 but could have spent a whole lot more....

Hopefully the boys are both ok & you too Simone.

Always the way Deb, you have a lazy day & someone catches you out & they think it's always like that!! How did the CDs go??

Dee, how did Matthew go last night? Hopefully he slept a bit better than the one before. LOL at the raspberries, I usually do them back to Zander - now that is embarrassing when someone notices!

Hey Mark, long time no speak! Yay for all the new things that Kistanna is doing now And good on you for giving mummy a day off on the weekend, I bet Jess really appreciates it.

Yay for your finance being approved Trish, but bumma that the house isn't exactly what you thought in the beginning - do you think that might be a reason for them to drop the price?

Well I told the girls at MG yesterday & didn't jinx it so I figure I can t4ell you guys too! Cross your fingers that I don't jinx it now.... Zander has been sleeping through since Saturday night \/ No whimpers for the dummy or anything! He's been sleeping from about 9pm-9am

Hey all
    We're baaack!! And much happier!! *PHEW* Now I just have to catch up on all the house work that I didn't get done with a screaming baby.
    Still up during the night last night, but I suppose she is making up for all the meals she missed while she was really bad. She just wouldn't suck... so I expressed some milk and fed it to her through a straw... eventually she got the hang of it and she can now drink (very unorthodox) out of a straw ... the only good thing to come out of about a week!!

Soooo much to catch up on!!

Trish... yay for finance! I think it would only be normal to be having some doubts..... maybe you should write down all the cons and see if you can live with them... if you can't, maybe keep looking.

Deb, Alecia aaaalways ran around in the nud when she was little... no shame, even now, if Wato wasn't here she'd be in the nud!! lol.

Dee, yay for a new washer!! We need a new one too... I don't think ours has much life left in it...
    I have to agree with the other girls... if no-one is going to help you with Matthew or help cook tea... they can wait for tea!
    How cute of Matthew blowing raspberries... Emily didn't do them till she was about 6+mo... but she used to click her tounge. Violet has been blowing raspberries since she was a couple of months old.. thats how I know she is getting the grumps, and spit goes every where.

Mark, great to hear Kristanna is going so well.

Michelle, i hope you get more sleep out of Alex soon. As for solids... If you think he is ready go for it... you will know once you put food in his mouth if he is ready... if he isn't ready, he will push it out with his tounge, so he physically isn't ready for it... but if he can chew it and swallow it with very litlle coming out of his mouth ... maybe he is ready. I put Violet on solids to try and curb her wakingin the night... it worked for a few nights... but then back to thte night feeding... so it worked for a couple of nights... but that was it.

Simone I hope things are better at your house

Anyway, I think I have caught up... as far back as the review goes anyway.
    Hope the rest of you girls and bubs are doing well.

Tanya

Hey Sarah... Yay for Zanders REALLY good sleeps!!

Tanya

Girls thought I might ask you all a quick question before I`m off to the Dr`s.

As you know Matthew`s been waking of a night now, last night it was twice and he was starving, he also had wet through everything at his first wake up so I had to change him anyway while doing his buttons up on his shoulder he turned his head and started nawing at my fingers, this has happened quite often in the last few days, from Matthew`s behaviour do you think he`s looking for more food or is it just a phase they go through, I`ve also checked to see if there may be teeth coming but can`t see or feel any lumps so I`ve ruled that one out.

I`ll do personals later today or tomorrow.

Take Care

Deeanne

Sarah I am so glad that Zander is sleeping through - yay!

Tanya - good to see you back, wtg to Violet for drinking out of a straw, what a clever girl she is!

Trish - good to see you back too, sorry to hear things may not be what you seem, hope tkhe building inspection goes okay.

Dee - the mums in my MG were talking about the exact same thing,. We all agreed that around 4 months, for no reason, they start waking for feeds etc again, but they get out of it. I think he is exploring with his mouth, as well as it could be teeth.... Both of Matty's just popped up overnight.

Hi Everyone else!

Debbie Lee Guest

Hi everyone! I finally have a chance to get my BB fix for the day!! Normally I am on much earlier....

Sarah - yay for Zander's good sleeps!! Sounds like he is really getting the hang of it. Good job for only spending $50 @ the book party. I imagine it would be easy to go well over the $100 mark.

Tanya - that's great that Violet can drink from a straw! What a clever girl. LOL @ Alecia being in the nud if Wato wasn't there.

Nell - how are your teeth going? Was it a relief to finally get them out?

Dee - Gabby is putting everything in her mouth. She even turns her head and tries to suck on my cheeks alllll the time (esp. when she is tired). I think it's just part of their development. Still, if you want to put your mind at ease, perhaps try a little bit of the 4-6 month farex?? I know that Gabby isn't phased whether she has it or not but I think it has helped her weight gain in the last little bit. If he doesn't take to it, then no worries. All you can do is try - but only if you are comfortable with it (and don't tell your MIL - she might just do the whole "I told you so" crud ).

Trish - I've always had music going for Gab during her naps and a fan at night time because it drowns out all the other noises. Last night I just had the music on and she slept through so I am going to do that from now on. I am just too scared to leave the room silent in case she wakes up! The music for dreaming was really good. There's only a break in music when it goes back to the first song and it doesn't wake her so that's a bonus. She loves the baby einstein DVD. I put on the language one. It has people talking in all different languages. She loves it. I have kept the numbers one for Christmas. Yay for the finance being approved! I hope that the back room was approved. It's a bit suss if they are taking so long to let you know... hmmm... It's amazing how your perspective can change when you take those rose glasses off, hey? Are they things that you can improve or would it be too much work? Things have a way of working themselves out. If it's meant to be, it will be iykwim?

Miss Gabby did a 5:30am wake up again this morning so we were both back in bed at 7:30-11am. It put me waaaaay behind but I was glad for the sleep. I took her to the MCHN and she has put on 240 grams in the last 2 weeks and has grown 2.5cms in length. I felt like saying "SO NERRR!" to the nurse but I didn't I just said that all I have done it feed her more often (didn't tell her about the farex because I didn't want a lecture). So it's all good here for now. We went for a drive to Neil's work to give him some cold and flu tablets. He has a cold for the second time this month. I personally think he is burnt out because he is so stressed at work but the dude won't take a day off!! Grrrr! I hope Gabby doesn't get the cold. She has been a bit funny the last couple of days. She wakes up with a bit of a snotty nose but it hasn't really gone further than that. Here's hoping that's all it amounts to.

Hi All!

Guess it's about time to pop into the 3 month thread! Hannah turned 3 months on Sunday. So far she's doing really well - she's now 6660g, 60cm long, and head circ. 40.5cm. We're still having sleep issues, but I guess there are many out there who are struggling with the same!

I'll try to catch up with where you're all at and get some personals done when I'm up to date...

In the mean time, I hope everyone and their precious little bubs are well!

Wow Juliette, what a cubby little bub you have!! They weighde Violet in the hospital on Monday and she was 6.36kg (mind you I think she had lost a little because she was ill), and she is 5mo!!

Yay Deb for 250grams!! Well done Gab! Got to be happy with that!

Dee... Like I said to Michelle... what ever you think he needs... you can try him on solids and see if he is in fact ready, you don't have to do it full time... if you decide against it you don't have to keep going. But like I also said to Michelle, I tried the same thing (giving solids to prevent night waking) and it only worked for a few nights then back to the same thing... but that is only my expierience

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Juliette - welcome to you and Hannah. Wow.. she is doing really well with her weight! I am with Tanya - that's a fair effort! Gabby is 5 months and has only just made it over the 6kg mark. Sorry to hear that the sleeping hasn't been going so well.

Tanya - yep... I am happy about the weight gain. I breathed a sigh of relief. It goes to show that Gabby did need a little more to eat so the farex and extra BFs must have done the trick.

Poor Neil is pretty crook. He came home from work and crashed out on the couch. He didn't even want dinner. He ended up going to bed at about 8pm. Thank goodness too - it means he will get a couple of extra hours sleep. I just wish he would take the day off tomorrow to recover!!
    Off for another ANC get-together (see you there Bec and Angela) so I probably won't get a chance to jump on until the arvo. Have a good day everyone!!

Juliette - Hannah is doing really well with her weigh. Keeping everything crossed that she starts to sleep well for you soon.

Debbie - Sorry to hear Neil is so crook. Hopefully you and Gabby will not catch it. Well done to Gabby on her weight gain.

Dee - How did you get on at the Dr's ?
    Alex is doing the same with my fingers taking them to his mouth.

Tanya - Thanks for the help about solids i am not going to start him on them yet i am going to wait as long as possible.

Alex slept all night last night he did wake a couple of times but went back to sleep. I did get up to put his bottle on to warm once and then put it back once he stopped crying. He is also moving his head so much better and sleeping on the otherside.
    I'm having a couple of sad days this week Saturday is the 19th Anniversary of my mum's passing so if i am not around don't worry just trying to keep busy. At least with keeping busy i wil have a clean house.
    Just going to make some fudge now.

I am never ever saying that Zander is sleeping through ever again! Last night I was up 5 times giving him the dummy & once for a bottle. It's almost 2 weeks since he's had a night bottle!

Sounds like Alex went really well last night Michelle \/ Awww I hope the weekend flies by for you too.

Poor Neil Deb, I hope it clears up quickly. Also I hope you & Gab manage to gert away unscathed. You *should* have said NEEEERRRR to the nurse, she deserves it, making you stress like that.

Hey Juliette Hannah, welcome to 3-6 months! Sounds like miss Hannah is growing really well - good to hear

Zander chews on everything as well Dee. From way back when I was at uni I remembered a few things.... Up until babies are 2 years old they are in a phase called "The Oral Stage" which means that most of their pleasure & learning comes from their mouth - bottles, dummies for eg - so they put *everything* in there to learn about it. They haven't quite figured out holding things properly so they get the feel of hard, soft, rough etc from their mouth. It's not a problem, completely normal. Do you wannaknow what the next one is....

Wow at Violet using a straw Tanya, Im impressed!

Not much on today, trying to have a relaxing one ahead of 2 days working! Going to get my nails done & the girls just looove Zander so he'll have fun too!

Well Hello,

I have 3 mins left on my internet credit so I decided to quickly check in and see how everyone is.
    I've only read one page though, and my time is now 2mins!!
    Raro has been lvoeyl, we have some great photos which I'll post when I get back. Sleeping appallingly though - I think its the heat.

So just tonight left, and then we fly out at 5am - YUCK!! 3:30 start.... Then about 8 hrs of flying and we are in Melb. Then the drive home.

So I'll catch you all on Friday.
    Fi

Welcome Shannon & Jessalyn (happy 3 months gorgeous!). Same here with the weight difference - Violet is 6.36 and Zander is 8.35 and they were born on the same day! LOL at being the dummy inserting machine, it's like that sometimes isn't it?! As for my job, I work for a food service company selling food to restaurants (we did Pink Salt), school canteens, nursing homes etc etc. We are moving on Saturday to new premises which is very exciting cos it has a little shop attached (our current warehouse doesn't)! Soooo on Fridays I'll be doing my normal job on the phones & on Saturdays I'll be working in the shop.

This week Aaron has Zander for both days - he's a bit nervous about it too cos he's only had him on his own for 1 day & my sister came round then anyway! From next week on my mum (we work together BTW) will work longer hours Mon-Thu so she can have Fridays off to look after Zander. She is sooo excited, first grandchild & all! I had been working on Modays for about 6 weeks too - my sister had a day off uni each week so she had him then. It is great to have a day out, as horrible as that sounds! I love my boy but it's good to have real conversation sometimes!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast