Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 3 months - 6 months August 05 #3

Hi Girls

Just thought I`d pop in quickly before I take myself off to bed, had a tiring day today of travelling to Sydney and back, Mark brought a photocopier on Ebay last week so we picked it up today.

Nell - I`m feeling a lot better and Mark`s cold isn`t too bad just a bit of a sniffle really, poor you at going back to work next week.

Fi - Welcome back

Sarah - I said exactly the same thing to Mark this morning that I don`t understand how Matthew can sleep through for 2 nights in a row then decide to wake up for the next few nights, I mean routine etc is the same so why not sleep through :-k

Anyway girls sorry for the lack of personals I`ll try better tomorrow

Take Care

Deeanne

It is hard Nell not to have high expectations of our DHs sometimes I think. But what I keep telling myself is this - I have been doing this 24hrs a day for 5months, Aaron had 3wks off at the start when we were both clueless & he has 2 days a week if that. He's only learning. Just try to remember that he is at the stage where you were probably 4-5months ago! Oh I hadn't thought about the leakage issue. I hope it will be ok, maybe take a spare top to change into just in case?

Yup Deb, Zander is such a boy!! Awww how nice of you guys to surprise Neil at work - if we were to do that to Aaron it would mean an hour train trip, I'm not ready for that just yet!

Yeah Fi, what's all this talk about a letter to PP magazine, did I miss something as well? It is a bit of a hike to get to Zander's room from ours, but I don't sleep if he's in our room - every snuffle of movement wakes me up! I get up to the whimpers still cos Aaron has to get up early so I like to let him sleep. Yaaaay on getting your ring too

It was quite a surprise to come into the room & Zander wasn't where I left him Shannon! I agree with you that a regular wakeup would be nicer than it being all over the place, but ah well hell get it eventually. Yaaaay for a proper giggle, theyre so cute aren't they.

Aww thanks Chrissy, we think so!

How did you sleep last night Dee? Hopefully well.....

Ooooh Trish is at Tresillian now I think - HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL TRISH.

As for us, yet another bad night for sleep. It's totally bizarre from about 1-2am he will sleep for 8hrs, but before that it's up & down constantly. I don't know what's going on ](*,) Not alot to report other than our bad sleeps.

Shannon - Aren`t the giggles just a wonderful sound.

Sarah/Deb - sounds like photos of grandchidren in a frame is the way to go for our Dads this year, I`m doing the same.

Sarah - so sorry to hear that you had another awful night, Matthew decided to sleep through last night, very strange nothing consistent with our babies at the moment. It would be nice if they can do one thing or the other at least then our bodies can either get used to getting up or sleeping through the night.

Tanya - LOL at the name for the rabbit. Yay @ Violet sleeping through but your poor BB`s. Your new pics are lovely.

Fi - Yay for your ring so does this mean your officially engaged now? \/

Deb - That was a lovely surprise you and Gabby gave Neil. I think we`ll be doing the same on Sunday going to the grave with some flowers, I`ll leave it up to Mark though if he doesn`t want to go I`m not going to force him but I would like to take some flowers, I asked Mark the other day how is he feeling with Father`s Day coming up, I got a response back that he wasn`t sure. I haven`t checked out Gabby`s new pics yet but will do.

Matthew`s hand coordination is getting better and better each day yesterday he reached out and touched a kitten for the first time. It`s a very hot day here today, already 25 degrees and it`s only 11am, it was 18 over night, not sure how my Aunt and Uncle are going to cope in 2 weeks time if it`s this warm.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hey all

Sarah, I don't think Trish is in Tresillian yet... I think she goes in tomorrow till next tuesday.... Maybe her comp is busted!!

Nell...I would be so scared of going to work ATM... although I am looking for work, I still would be packing!! If I have any leakages I just stuff a but of tiolet paper or tissue in my bra if I have forgotten pads.

Shannon... Yay for giggles!! It is the BEST sound, huh? I still love hearing Emily giggle!

Fi, congrats on your new ring Does that mean it is now official?

Deb, I hope that runny nose doesn't mount to anything else!

Violet slept though again!! I had to fix her up at 5:50am, but she slept till 8am
    Hmmmm forgotten what else I was going to write....

Hi All...Just a quick post 'cos I'm about to head off out the door..I have done up a new website for miss H if anyone is interested!

I'll be back later to catch up on everybody...

Shannon - Matthew loves the car and is a great traveller, he normally sleeps the whole time but I have noticed in the last week he is starting to wake a bit more in the car and talks away to himself. LOL @ cleaning the house at midnight. YAY @ Jessalyn`s increase in a week that`s great.

Sorry everone posting at once!!

Dee... yay for warm weather... sorry but I love it!! I can't wait for it to warm up here!!

Shannon, I can't blame you for worrying about the plane landing last night!! It was soooo windy here! I am glad he is home safely

Tanya

Shannon - your weather is crazy or perhaps ours is, it`s more like a mild summer`s day here, we could do without the hot wind drying out the already dry farm though.

Juliette - Love the photos of Hannah, I think my favourite is the one of her on her tummy with her headband on.

Tanya - I love the warm weather too but this year I don`t want it to be too hot, we`re not going to have a working air conditioner this year, oh well we survived the winter without any heating we`ll survive the summer without any cooling.

Julliette, hannah is so cute... very happy bubba Love bath time pics, looks like she enjoys it... Violet doesn't keep still in the bath... very funny!!

No coolong here either Dee... just pedesal fans... but we have heating!! Can't live without heating!! Brrrrr!!

Yes Shannon, I remembered one thing... I think AF is here.. ewwww!!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Well, I tried posting this morning and it wouldn't work! Lucky I copied it into a word document:

Sarah - bugga about yet another rotten night. Maybe just stay up until 1am?? Just kidding. What a pain in the bum for you. You are right about the DH's being at the stage that we were at 4-5 months ago. It's a good way to look at it. It frustrates me that Neil doesn't "observe" and learn but I guess I could say the same thing about me with my friend's babies. I thought I had picked up sooooo much from them. As it turns out, I was a clueless as they come once Gabby came along!

Dee - sounds like you had a tiring day yesterday. Hope you got a decent sleep!

Chrissy - thanks for popping in and thanks for the compliments about our little treasures. LOL @ Gabby making you clucky. I think she's pretty damn cute myself

Shannon - yay for the poo (finally!) and awwwwww @ Jessalyn's giggle. I think I cried when Gabby giggled properly for the first time too. I also cried when she was laughing her head off and talking to Neil once like he was THE most amazing person in the world. Gosh they are beautiful creatures!

Fi - bugga about not getting into the PP magazine. Will have to check out your letter after I finish here. YAY for getting your ring! I can't WAIT to see it. Is Friday any good for you?

We have MG today instead of Friday because it suits the girl that's hosting it better. She has gone back to work so we were more than happy to juggle the days around. I think I would prefer it on a Wednesday. Friday is just too busy otherwise.
    I think I have eczma on my hands! I have never had it before but it's bloody itchy. My sister reckons that using something different - like a soap, can cause it but I can't think of what I am using that's so different??
    I've now lost count of Gabby's rolling. She pretty much rolls over as soon as she is put on her tummy, LOL. Last night Neil put her on her tummy and she rolled over and hit her head on the Kick and whirl. She started crying and I think he felt bad. I just reassured him and said she is going to do worse over the next few years so don't stress. Hope it didn't scare him from playing with her.

Hi,

Sarah - I sent a letter to PP complaining about their sleep expert saying newborns need routine. Anyhoo - apparently a few other people complained too, and so even though I got an email from the editor saying she wanted to publish my letter, it didn't happen. I was all excited for ages!!

Trish - I hope you are having FUN!!!!!!

Dee - Jenna follows the cats now all the time with her eyes, and thinks tails are pretty damn cool. The cats are slowly ticking on to the fact that she is yanking on everything that comes in contact, so they are starting to keep away. Kittens might not be so savvy with Matthew.....
    Not sure if we are officially engaged or not - I dont really want to be, so I tihnk we are calling it a committment ring, or a sex ring. shane reckons he'll get laid fo rthe rest of his life now!

Deb - Friday is BADDDDDD. I have netball, then a trip to Child Support in Melbourne for another reassessment (to account for Shane being on workcover....), then we are driving up to rutherglen tonight to meet up with Shane's canberra branch on Saturday. Busy. I might pop over tomorrow depending on how things go here. I got really dry skin a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what from. It went away by itself in Raro, I guess from the sun and salt?

Juliette - I havent had a look at Hannah for ages. Maybe tomorrow I'll do a big catchup on everyones bubbas....

Shannon - great to be a victorian huh? The hail hit here at lunchtime. YUCK! Hope you aren't too tired, and yay for the giggles. Jenna is just starting to giggle all the time when we blow raspberries on her feet, tummy, legs, hands. So much more consistent - its cool huh? Well done on the weight gain too!

Tanya - yay for the good sleep! We had an 8-4 then 4:30 til 7 last night too. Makes you almost feel human huh?

Oh we are on a diet - and its killing me~!!!!!! I have chocolates from my netball girls sitting on the table, and we are only allowed one a day. I really want 5!!! I have to shift this weight though - size 12 please come back to me!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - good luck with the diet! I need to go on one too but I have the will power of.... something that has no will power! LOL Awwww.... so cute that Jenna is giggling heaps. Tomorrow is bad for me. We are going to be madly cleaning Neil's shed (see my woo hoo post) all day tomorrow and I am going to a friend's to catch up because she works on Fridays. Poo.... looks like we'll have to catch up next week!

Fi - Good luck with the diet, I`m a bit like Deb have no willpower when it comes to diets.

Deb - Your probably finding with Gabby your hands are in water a lot more so we are more prone to dry skin and ezcema. Yay @ Gabby rolling everywhere. Yep she`s going to have a lot more bumps and bruises over the coming years.

Tanya - I never had any sort of cooling until I lived with Mark, so I`ve had 2 summers with air con so now I`m going to have to revert back to the way I was.

Matthew`s sneezing a lot today, I really hope he`s not coming down with Daddy`s cold even though Mark will say it`s Mummy`s cold

Take Care

Deeanne

Wow, I miss a couple of days of reading this thread and you guys are pages ahead LOL!

Sarah, hope Zander starts his long sleeps at a decent hour soon!

Deeanne, what did Matthew think of the kitten? Hope he doesn't get that cold!

Shannon, great to hear that Jess has had a good gain this week! LOL @ the poos. Kynan decided to give us his in installments so it wasn't too bad thankfully LMAO!

Tanya, woohoo for Violet sleeping through!

Juliette, love Hannah's new site! Gorgeous pics.

Deb, bummer about the eczema. Have you maybe touched something different... a plant perhaps?

Fi, good luck with the diet!

This morning I discovered that Kynan has a huge blister on his thumb. Must be from him sucking it every night when he goes to sleep LOL! Has anyone else's bub sucked their thumb so much that they developed a blister? I don't think it's anything to be concerned about but DH is a bit worried for some reason.

Have to start with this so I don't forget.... Someone (Tanya, I think!) sent me an email about a competition to go to the opening of the new "Wiggles World" at Dreamworld in QLD a while ago, so I entered & forwarded the emails to the girls from my MG. Found out today that the winner was one of our mums \/ She's so deserving of a break too - Emily was born at 29wks (born in December, was due in March) and they have had heaps of hassles with her lungs & other things since then so it's great that someone really deserving won it. They go next Wednesday & return on Sunday with everything included, so it's all very cool.

Okay now onto other stuff....

Ouchy at the blister on Kynan's thumb Angel. I guess if it doesn't bother him there's no need to worry.

I actually saw those letters of complaint in the PP magazine. Bumma that they didn't end up printing yours. I keep thinking that I need to go on a diet as well, but just can't get motivated - its too easy to eat rubbish being at home all day!

LOL at you reassuring Neil when Gabby hit her head Deb, remember us doing that to you a few months ago! See goes to show we are further ahead in the game than they are

Yaaay for another sleep through Tanya!

As for everyone saying they hope Zander starts getting a better sleeping routine down soon, thanks for your thoughts. BUUUUT it's not going to happen until the reflux has settled down. The way teh Drs have put it is that if he has his reflux pains of a night of course he's not going to have a good nigh't sleep. I was thinking about it a bit & I'm hoping I can actually say what I am thinking cos it doesn't make a whole lot of sense!!! I was thinking that he has his bottles every 3-4hrs, so if he has his last bottle at 9ish he is grizzly until 1ish which is 4hrs. I'm thinking it must definately be the reflux cos in the 4hrs between bottles most of it gets digested, so he can sleep properly once his milk has digested a bit. Does that sound reasonable to you guys or am I just talking rubbish?!

That makes sense Sarah. Well hopefully it won't be too long before his reflux eases up then!

That makes sense sarah. Sometimes when Jenna is grizzly I go in to find her rolling in piles of baby cheese. Total grossout!! No wonder she doesn't sleep when all that is in her belly trying to get out.

Angel - do you wrap Kynan or does he get access to his hands at night? We've always wrapped jenna - she had a really strong startle reflex, so would wake up if she wasn't wrapped. I'm not sure when to stop actually cause the old saying is - if it aint broken.....

Better go - I have a netball rules session tonight - I think its theory for umpiring, and I have to get missy's EBM bottle all organised before I go!
    180mls - that way I know she's full. Little piglet.

Fi

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast