Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, August 05

Hi girls,
    Guee what a dampener to put on my instant windfall, Nick decided to put the electricity bill on the fridge. Lucky I am always on a mission to find food to bother looking at the bill. lol
    It is a beautiful day Deb, a walk sounds like a good idea. I hate getting the pram out of the car. I'm glad Gabby's needles went well, hmm putting a cot together...yep near divorce here the same when the carseat went in. I laughed the other day on Dr Phil, on premarital bootcamp you bet put a cot together and the carseat in.lol they wouldn't of had enough bleeps for us we were destined to fail.lDeb I went to school with a Dallas too, there can't be too many around."I think I had the hots for him"lol
    Sarah:I'm sure the mothers don't mind a sniffle towards the end of the cold, I checked before we went to a AN get together and the doc said she wasn't sneezing all over the place so she would be ok.
    Nat: I sympathize with your lack of sleep during the day, Eliza has had 2 go's at sleeping this morning for the total of about 20 minutes. I am trieng to ignore her but she keeps on laughing and I smile.Nice tyo "meet" you too.
    Fi: Hope netball wasn't too cold, guee late games. Thanks again for yesterday we had a ball.
    Trish: my hubby has the pigment problem but on his eyebrow, looks a little funny, I always try and colour it in with eyeliner which always looks worse. I can see being on you head would be a bigger problem, especially with summer.
    Ah better go I can smell poo poo's lol and I havent even had to give the girl her dose of actilax. We gave some of our old bottles a go we have had great sucess in the Avent ones, that I whinged that she wouldn't use,well we like them again.
    Have a great day
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - oh dear on the patch of white hair. That is a bit of a worry. I swear I heard someone talking about that not long ago. Someone I know has a blonde patch on their head..... buggered if I can remember who, LOL. You are right - you will just have to staple hats onto her head. Yet another thing for you to have to remember!! Feeling any better?

Bec - good to hear that Eliza likes the Avent bottles again. Bummer about the bill getting in the way of your spending. Glad to hear it didn't get in the way of the food tho

My walk was good. I ended up meeting a friend down on the foreshore. We walked for a little over an hour which was good. I always feel better after a decent walk. Speaking of which, are you up for one tomorrow, Fi? Hopefully the weather will stay nice.

Good on you for that walk Deb. I wish I had the motivation to get off my butt and go for a walk. The weather here is great today too, I think it was supposed to get to around 22 degrees. Not too bad for winter hey. Still feel like death warmed up. Was really hoping for a nap.

Well I have Noah down, not that he's asleep and Tehya is being a stubborn little so and so, still awake.

Forgot to say before that I brought myself a new breast pum - the Advent Isis one the other day. Have yet to use it though. Anyone know if it's any good? Maybe I should post this in the breastfeeding forum.

Damn, Noah just got up.....

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

I borrowed the Avent Isis from Katanya and it's pretty good. I know that Fi likes hers too. I like it because it's not noisey like an electric one but you can also do it one-handed (I have to because Gabby has to be feeding for me to get the let-down).

Honestly, Trish.. I think you need rest more than exercise. You probably burn up a whole lot of calories just running around after the kids. I hope they both go down to sleep for you so that you can get some rest.

Nope Deb, no sleep here by the looks of things. Noah is up to stay up. Brandon will be home just after 3, then Joel and Mark will be home around 4ish.

Funnily though earlier when I wasn't as tired I was feeling ok, as the day goes on and I get more tired the worse I am feeling.

Good to hear that the pump works good. I have mine boiling away atm. And nope, I won't boil it dry

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe yeah... don't be a spazzy like me!

Hey -

Trish - I dont mind my Isis pump. I dont use the petal silicone insert cause otherwise I dont get enough suction - mine is pretty old, but it does the job OK. I had great success with it at a netball training course int he weekend, about 80-100mls in about 10 minutes, so I was happy. What a bugger about the pigment thing. There is a pretty good chance she'll be blonde yes? I'd certainly be more worried about the skin thing though, but I'm sure you will keep her covered up.

Deb - I think Shane and I are walking tomorrow around our track. Until he goes back to work, I really want to take full advantage of him being home. So maybe we will start up walks next week?? Depending on the Dr. We walked for an hour today which was good, but his knee is burning tonight.

Dee - welcome tomorrow! Happy 3 months Matthew.

Yay - I got my family tax benefit sorted today. I get about $160/fortnight, which I am stoked about. Having never been able to get any benefit from the govt, I feel a little guilty. Like I'm doing nothing to earn this money. But its grocery money, so I'm happy. Of course I have some nappies to buy first!! I have to get onto sites in USA and find out how much their shipping fees are.

Fi

Fi, I don't think that there is much chance of Tehya being a blondie. Her hair is a very dark red at the moment.

I used my pump tonight and got nearly a full bottle in around 15 minutes so I was pretty happy with that too. I found that the pettle thing was fine for me. I had no problems with my let down either.

Yay on getting some extra $$. You are working for your money too, lookng after Jenna is worth every cent of it and then some. Hope that you find your nappies at a decent price too. Can't you get them here in Aust?

Take care
    Trish

Hi Ladies and bubs, Matthew and I have graduated today. Matthew is growing up so fast like they all do, he`s giving us 10 hr sleeps at night now, laughing/smiling lots, lots of conversations and he had his first turn in the Jolly Jumper on Monday night - which he was very serious about put him into it again last night and he started to get the hang of this hanging around business and we got smiles, all the photos are on his site if you want to have a look.

I`ll have to read up on whats happening around here now.

I hope your all well.

Take Care

Deeanne

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - yay 4 graduating! Welcome to the next thread. Good to hear that Matthew is doing really well. WoW! 10 hour sleeps. I wish Gabby would go back to that. He looks like he loves the JJ. He looks so big in it compared to Gabby in hers!

Trish - good to hear the expressing is going well. That's a nice amount to get out! I can only get 60mls out of one boob first thing in the morning when Gab is feeding off the other boob. I have one stubborn let down. It doesn't matter how much I try to imagine milky waterfalls, LOL.

Fi - no worries about the walking. I am having a bugga of a day so one less complication was good I hope Shane's knees are ok after yesterday's walks. Yay @ getting some more money out of the gov't. Don't feel guilty - people that don't work and don't have kids get more money than that and some of them don't feel guilty about taking the money. Did you get some more nappies?

Like I said before, I have had one of those days. Gabby woke up a little earlier than what I would have liked so I was verrrry tired. I went back to bed when she did and, thankfully, got another couple of hours. Our insurance company has stuffed us around and taken money out of our account that they shouldn't have so the account was overdrawn. Needless to say, the bank pounced on it and charged us a $30 honour fee (which is absolutely ridiculous!). So I have been ringing around trying to get it all fixed. This is one thing I hate about direct debit - you have no control over your account. Gab has been a little fussy today too. She just doesn't want to play. She is sleeping ok but when she is up, it's full on. The house is a pig sty and I have friends coming over tomorrow, I haven't had a shower yet.... urrrrrgh! Ok... enough complaining from me!

Hey Girls

Yay on 3months today Dee . They are funny in their jj's huh?? Matthew looks very cute in his

Where is Lesley... we should've welcomed her and Chloe too

Trish, I think we are going to have a few red heads in here... I think it is a bit unusal for so many read heads all at once ... Violets is going to be boring old brown... My mum would love at least one of her grand kids to have red hair.
    Good on you for getting a referral to sleep school... anything is worth a try when you aren't getting enough sleep.

Fi, yay for extra money... And another Yay for your long walk... but it's just ashame that Shanes knee is playing up on him now. I guess you won't be walking today...the weather has definately change in the passed 24 hours.

Well done for your walk too Deb. It always makes it easier to go for a walk when you have someone with you.

Bec, don't you just hate not getting to spend those extra bits of money that come in! I have a bit of extra money at the moment, but it has to go on bills too... damn it!!

Sarah thanx for tletting me know about MOTM... I have been so slack of late that I may not have found it myself for ages!! I am feeling a bit lucky, with all these other great girls they could've choosen.

Well Violet is doing well .... Still getting up at between 4:30 and 5:30 in the morning. It's a bit rough to go form sleeping thro to not over night... So I definately don't think it's a growth spurt...oh well... thems the breaks. She is rolling all over the place now... she rolled a few times in the kitchen and got very close to the oven when I was using it last night....eeeekk!!
    Other than that she is doing really well... sleeps like an angel during the day, so I really shouldn't complain.
    Alecia's production starts tonight.... I hope she goes ok. I am going on friday night. I think we will go for tea b4 hand cause Alecia has to be dropped off at 6 so there is no point going all the way back home again b4 the show. I hope that made sense...??

Anyway... I will catch up again later
    Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - that's a bummer that Violet is still waking up. Wow @ her rolling everywhere. Gabby still hasn't rolled again for a good few weeks. The other times must have been a fluke! I hope Alecia's production goes well. It's certainly very exciting to be part of something like that. I know when I was part of our high school Rock Eisteddford and I had the time of my life!

Deb - Don`t you just hate those honour fees ](*,) , hope you`ve got it all fixed up by now. I was just looking at both Gabby and Violet in there Jolly Jumpers and they both look tiny compared to my big boofa boy.

Tanya - Lesley and Chloe graduate tomorrow Viloet sounds like a very energectic little girl to be rolling everywhere, Matthew very nearly rolled yesterday from his back to front but didn`t quite make it and I thought he was a long way off. I hope Alecia`s production goes well.

I have a sleepy boy today, Matthew slept from 8pm - 7.30am, then from 8am - 9am, then 10.30 - 11.30 and then spent over an hour laying in his cradle playing anmd talking to his hands, he went down again at 2.15 and is still asleep now, very unusual as he`s usually awake most of the day.

I still haven`t read up on everyones posts, I`ll catch up one day.

Take Care

Deeanne

Scarlett Guest

Hi all, just thought I had caught up and then realised there was a new thread - DOH.

Tanya - weird dream!!! maybe I will have to figure out how to post pictures so next time you will have a face to see. Yey on Violet rolling and I hear you about having to get up at night after sleeping through - hope the growth spurt ends soon.

Deb - hope you found time to get things sorted, banks suck don't they.

Fi - you have got to be the first person I know who enjoyed the wetpak maths comp. Guess you chose the right profession then.

Nell - hope you and Matty are well.

Trish - I'm glad the expressing is going so well. I have been using the same pump everyday at work at its great.

Had a horrible last few days, both Kev and I have had some sort of vomiting virus which fortunatly emily hasn't caught yet. Has made keeping up with everything nearly impossible - can't wait till the weekend. Had today off work after comming home yesterday. Will go back tommorrow. On the upside we now have two teeth and am almost crawling on all fours. And yep, she will be a red head.

Help!! Jenna isn't sleeping trhough anymore - well the last 3 nights. She is doing 2 wake-ups a night again, and I dont know why.
    We tired her out otday, but she is getting this hacking cough too which sounds like she is dying. Its not all the time, really seldom, but sounds atrocious. She doesn't wake herself up which is really wierd.

Sorry no personals - hoping someone can give me some advice.

Fi

Happy 5 months Bas!!

Fi... I am sorry I have no advise for you... I just hope it doesn't last long, poor mite

Tanya

Fi, welcome to my life. A night full of wake ups. Sorry no advise hear, if I had some I'd be doing the same thing. The only thing I do recommend is trying to catch up on some rest during the day. Hope her cough goes away before it gets worse.

Deb, buggar about the bank stuffing up. I had that happen to me some time back. Twice in 2 montsh actually. Lucky I was able to get the money back from the bank too as it wasn't my fault. Tehya rolled over a few times too, but like Gab it has come to a standstill. I guess they are both too busy learning other things hey.

Scarlett, sorry to hear that you and Dh have been sick. Fingers crossed that Emily doesn't get it. Wow on almost crawling too, sounds like she is growing up way too fast.

Dee, wasn't sure if I had welcomed you and Matty yet or not. Thought I did. Anyway welcome hope that you and matthew are doing well. OMG at the 10 hours sleep too. How lucky are you.

Tanya, I hope that Alecia's production went really well. I'm sure it did. Enjoy your night out there on Friday? I'm sure she'll make you proud.

The no sleep fairy has definately been waiting her wand about wildly lately, hasn't she. SOunds like we have a few non sleeping bubbas.

Tehya was up again last night, although it was alot better that previous nights. I think only 4 times, then up for good at 6 am with a nice poo.

I have a really bad chest infection atm. You know the ones that kill when you cough. Have a shocking fever too, one minute I'm sweating and the next I have goosebumps. What is with that?? I have a dentist appt for tomorrow to try and fix a tooth I broke last week. Not sure whether to re book it or not. Don't know how I'd go trying to lay there and not cough all over them.

Toook Tehya and Noah in yesterday to get some Pixi Pics done as a a surprise for Mark for Fathers Day. Noah stuffed around so much that by the time it was Tehya's turn she'd had enough and was grumpy. Damn, I know they will be no good.

Anyway, better go. Joel is looking to off load Tehya to me.

Take care
    Trish

Helloooo
    3 mths old.. out comes the jolly jumper LOL..
    Can someone please move my details across if they havent already..

Chloe was a little pain last night she ahs been sleepign right through the past few weeks but last night she decided to be up all night so ive cancelled my craft mums group, too tired, am keeping her up for a little bit then hoping to go lay down with her..
    she gets weighed this afternoon at the time of her afternoon nap so gotta try and keep ehr awake for that then put her down afterwards then hopefully nap myself. As its thursday i have to watch lost so need some sleep so Im able to stay awake lol

Trish I hope you feel better soon and the chest infection doesnt last too long..

Fi, sorry to hear about Jenna Chloe ahs a weird sort of cough too, but its not too abd and sounds more like a fake cough, so im thinking she may just be playing around with what she can do..sorry i dont have any advice either

hope everyones well
    take care
    LEsley

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast