Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, July '05

Debbie Lee Guest

That's great, Tanya (about Emily's TT). It's amazing how kids just "get it", isn't it? I wonder if joint pain when BFing has anything to do with the relaxin from pregnancy? Hmm... might ask about it in the general baby forum.

Gabby has been asleep since 2pm which is good. I love it when she wakes up after a big nap. I get big smiles

Yay Emily! Great work Tanya, hope it doesn't take too much longer.

We've had a busy day but he is having his biggest nap atm, I think I have feed him 8 times already today - and no vomits, which is unlike him!

Hi girls,
    Sarah: I'm sure my scar and past history, and the fact I have to pump IVF drugs back into me is the reason for my delay on TTC , he also may not want to deal with my annoying questions for 12 months, everyone deserves a holiday. I do know a girl who was preg at her 6 week check up...so must just depend on circumstances.
    Fi : I was sure they picked up clubfoot by u-s..poor bub nether the less. Next time you and Deb go for a walk you can call past and I will fill you up on TimTam nutrience!!
    Nell:Hope the baby balsalm works..it seemed to work well for us
    Naomi: Hope the move has been smoothe sailing, good luck with the christening arrangements
    Trish: Hope Tehya's teeth decide to make a move and give you a little relief, Yah to half a sleep in.
    Deb: Well done at achieving a nana nap, Sundays should be a day of rest for all us hard working mums...thinking that if I sent Eliza out in the Garage with Nick....I would never see her again (messy)!!!
    As for us we did the markets yesterday, I had Eliza in her sling..note to self not to eat as the crumbs ended up all over her..lucky she was asleep and I just had to brush her off.
    Hope everyone has a great day
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay @ no vomits, Nell. Matty must be taking in all the fluids he can get while he is unwell. Hope he feels better soon! Do you think the baby balsam has been working? I've been thinking about getting some for next time Gabby has a cold.

Bec - LOL @ the crumbs. It won't be long before Eliza will be making crumbs of her own as she demands to have what you are eating. I am not looking forward to having to share! LOL @ Eliza being lost if you sent her out to the garage. Ours is a garage/office/entertainment area so it's pretty kid-friendly. In fact, kids can make as much mess as they like out here and we don't care!

Off to lunch for our last mother's group today. Hopefully we will sort out how we are going to meet up from now on. I would hate to think that it would all end here. We are just going to the bistro up the road from me so I am going to walk because it is a gorgeous day! Gabby is asleep atm so I am hoping she wakes up before 11am so that I can feed her before we go. Somehow I don't think that is gonna happen!

Gosh, I miss a day because of work & it takes aaaaages to catch up!

Angela, I hope you & Ella are recovering from your flu quickly.

Awww poor Matty too, I hope he's feeling better as well.

Wow at Ryan being 7.9kg Naomi, he's definately a healthy bubba.

Yuck at the party on Friday night Trish, must've sent you spastic too! I don't think we have to pay the ILs back for the termites, when we have it we'll offer it to them but last time they just said no. Things are getting better on that front, expect for FIL. On Sunday he tried to give Zander some of his potato from lunch [-X I have told him over & over that he's not ready for solids but he just won't listen to me ](*,) MIL is much better, I think she figures that if she stays on my good side she'll see Zander more often. Bumma about not finding anything at Birken Head, I haven't been there yet is it any good?

Yay for your nana nap Deb. I had one after work yesterday, I was exhausted after 5hrs sleep & 8hrs work so when I got Zander home & he was tired I grabbed the opportunity! We slept from 5pm-7pm and Aaron bought dinner home for us on his way home from work Yaay at walking, I'm trying to get into it every day but not yet cos we seem to be out every day which makes it hard. Hope you had a nice lunch today as well.

Yaaaay at the TT Tanya, sounds like Em is ging really well.

Fair enough on the delaying TTC Bec, I hadn't realised Eliza was an IVF bub. LOL at getting crumbs on her while she was in the sling, I done that one too!

Well I think that was everyone! Not much going on here at all. Every time Zander goes down for tummy time he rolls over now which is quite funny so tummy time is getting to be less & less these days. His favourite past-time at the moment is standing up, you hold his hands & he makes his legs stiff so we can pull him up to standing! He just loooooves it

Anyway I better run, he's getting cranky so off to bed for a while. For Zander at least I have too much to do #-o

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - OMG @ your FIL trying to feed Zander potato already! He's had kids before - surely he knows how it works? Glad to hear that things are getting better with the PIL. Soooo cute that Zander rolls every time you put him on his tummy. Clever boy! Gabby has shown no signs of even attempting it. Hope he slept well for you today and you got some stuff done.

Our lunch went well. The local bistro has recently been renovated so it is rather la-de-da atm. We got a few sideways stairs from other diners when our babies cried. So I let Gabby cry a little longer than what I would normally, LOL. Stiff cheddar to them if they don't like it. Babies are humans too! Still, the food was lovely and everyone seemed a little more relaxed. We are going to start meeting at each other's houses next week and keep it going on a Tuesday as it seems to suit everyone. Should be good. We have all decided that we are not allowed to judge each other's homes. We are there for the company - not to critique circumstances. Made me feel better about things! I don't think it's at my house for a few weeks yet so that gives me some time to clean, LOL.

Sarah, great that you don't have to pay them back hey. IKWYM about your FIL trying to feed Zander. Mum occassionally gives Tehya a taste of things, but I don't mind so much as usually it's not crap. I gave her the tiniest bit of banana the other day. Of course she promptly spat it back out. So the MIL has finally got it. You get more with sugar hey...

Birken Head is great for a day out, they have a huge fresh food market there too and it's well priced. I didn't find alot in the way for clothes for Tehya, not that she needs them although there are a few kids shops there. Clothing in general is good. Mark got a pair of Jag jeans for $50 so thats good. You should go there one weekend and havve lunch it's really nice, right near the water.

Tanya, yay on Emily doing well with TTing. Noah is going well although we have to remind him sometimes and he's still in night nappies. Hows Violet going? Hope she's doing well.

Nell, yay on a day without vomits, hopefully today is the same for you guys. Hope he's feeling better too.

Deb, I hope you and Gabby have a great time at your last meetup. It would be a shame for it to all stop now. Hopefully the other girls will want to continue it all too.

Bec, I had Tehya's head covered in crumbs the other day too. It's all good. Like Deb said, soon enough Eliza will be making enough crumbs and mess of her own, it's only fair that you get to do it to her first.

Naomi, sounds like Ryan is growing fantastically. Hope that you are all settled in from your move. Goodluck with the Christening plans. I am thinking of getting Tehya baptised in September when the weather warms up alittle.

Tehya is having a shocker today. I finally got her down around 2ish only for her to wake up several times anyway, but....she is still there. Mind you this is the first time I have gotten her down since she got up around 8am. I decided that I will try and wrap her to see if it makes a difference. So far none that I can see..... having never wrapped a baby(can you believe it) I'm guessing that the whole idea is to wrap them prior to feeding them when you want them to go down, so that way they associate the wrapping with bedtime??? When she has stirred I just go in and stick her dummy back in and give her a pat without talking to her. Girls keep your fingers crossed for me. God only know's we need some down time around this place.

Finally I got to do a little scrapping too. Not a lot, just finishing off a page I started a while ago.

Hope that all are well.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - I was told not to wrap Gabby while she is feeding so I don't unless she wakes in the middle of the night (like last night) and I don't want her to wake up fully. I generally feed her, let her play, top her up then wrap her and cuddle her to sleep during the day. For her last feed, I give her a bottle, wrap her and she puts herself to sleep. That works for Gabby but I am sure it's a whole other story for everyone else! Maybe wrapping Tehya for her night time sleeps will start giving her the message that it's bed time?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I got AF. I was wondering why Gabby has been soooo fussy at the boob today. Now I know why. This wasn't bloody-well meant to happen. I hope she doesn't reject the boob completely.

I'd try wrapping as well. Never worked on Matthew so I gave up, plus the darn rugs were never big enough? Birken Head sounds like a great place. My kind of place

Oh no Deb, not AF? Probably is why Gabby has been fussy, they reckon it tastes different to them. Fingers crossed she'll keep going. I think the baby basalm is working. I forgot to put it on him yesterday at one point before putting him down and he just wouldn't sleep so I put it on and he did. Coincidence? Maybe but I'll continue putting it on.

Sarah - oh no potato? He probably forgets what it was like and he is being over ethusiastic (sp??). Have to watch them like a hawk (pardon the pun ) when he does start solids.

Hello to everyone else, hope all are well!

Matty is okay, still a bit grizzly and my dad come around today and Matty did liked being held by him - he usually is quite happy with Pa - just wanted his mum, but he isn't any worse - which is great.

Deb, thanks for the tips on wrapping. I don't see why you getting the dreaded AF back would make Gabby rreject the booby. I never had any problems like that at all with feeding the other kiddies.

I wonder if it does taste any different. I guess it shouldn't make too much difference. Just like eating something different for dinner and the flavour goes through your milk. Buggar knows.

Nell, glad to hear that Matty isn't getting any worse. Better would be nice though hey. Probably is just a coincidence with the balsam. Maybe he just got used to you rubbing his chest before you put him down???

Hope everyone has a great day.

Take care
    Trish

LOL at letting Gabby cry a bit longer at the bistro Deb! Bumma about AF as well. I didn't know it affected your milk either, weird!

I was thinking of a September baptism as well Trish cos it will be getting warmer then. I hope the wrapping works for you.

LOL at watching him like a hawk Nell He keeps telling me that Aaron was on solids by the time he was two months old :roll: Like I care, I'll put Zander on solids when we are ready. Oops, sorry for the rant!

We are off to mum's group today. Didn't go last week because it was too wet & I had a cold & Zander was looking like getting one. It's cold today, but at least it's not raining!

Sarah, maybe you could tell your FIL that it has been well documented now that your baby neither needs solids or they don't recommend babies his age have solids yet. I know of a lady who started to give her son solids (farex) around 6 weeks old. The poor child ended up with a nice hernia on his bellybutton from straining to poo all of the time. Their digestive system just isn't ready for food that early.

Hope that you have a great day at mums group.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - LOL @ apologising for ranting. Rant away, my dear! Good on you for standing up for yourself as far as the solids go. Hope your Mum's group goes well today.

Trish - thanks for the reassurance re. AF and bfing. I haven't had anything more today so I am hoping it was just a little break-through bleed. Will ask the MCHN today n e way. How is the wrapping going? Is Tehya sleeping any better?

Nell - good to hear the baby balsam does the trick. I will definitely have to buy some. It must help to clear their little nose. The fess spray works to clear out their nose but it would be good to have something that works more continuously. Good to hear Matty is feeling a little better. They usually get a bit clingy when they aren't feeling 100%. Even as an adult, my Mum is the only one that I want when I am sick, LOL.

Gabby seems quite content. She and I had a bath this morning. I want her to be all clean and fresh for the MCHN. She has been asleep for an hour or so. She must have been tuckered out.

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo... and it's our 3 year anniversary today! Yay!
    We probably won't get to celebrate it until next week when we have some $$. We have booked Mum in to look after Gabby while we go to the movies. It'll be weird!!

Happy Anniversay Deb & Neil How did the MCHN appoitnment go today?

I have raved on about digestive systems & all that stuff Trish & it doesn't sink in. I just have to keep an eye on him aaallll the time now.

Mum's group was good, Zander slept for most of it & slept on the way home too! His bottle was due 45mins ago but he's still sleeping. Nice change hey?!

Debbie Lee Guest

Woo hoo on Zander sleeping so well today. Good to hear that MG went well, Sarah.

Our MCHN appointment went well. I had a chat to her about AF and BFing and she said if I perservere with it, hopefully Gabby will only be fussy while I am hormonal. Here's hoping! Gab's weight is going well. She's now over the 12lbs mark so that's good. She's 5560 grams. She is averaging about 150 grams per week. She is just below the 50th percentile in all her growth thingys so that's reassuring. Nice and average!

Out for dinner tonight (just for a counter meal). Gotta do something to celebrate, hey??

We're out tonight as well - going to a friend's for State of Origin. Only problem is it's a pizza & beer night & I don't like pizza or beer!!!

Yay for Gabby gaining weight so well Sounds like she's going great guns!

Am I the only one that's stuck at home tonight.

Deb, sounds like Gab is growing nicely there. Happy anniversary hun, a counter meal is better then nothing hey.

Sarah, Yay on Zanders good sleep today. Hope you don't go to hungry tonight. Looks like your the token driver too.

Noah has been up all day with no nap so he is down early. I think it worked out well for Mark so he can watch the game in quiet. Doesn't interest me all that much to be honest. Took the kids out to Maccas today and met up with a gf and her kiddies. Noah got to have a good play around. I thought for sure he would crash on the way home, he didn't...

YAY, my pics were ready. Well the frames were all done anyway. Finally got to go and pic them up. They look great, I will try and take a pic of them but I think the flash will reflect of the glass.

Have a few girls MIA atm. Where are you girls? Hope all is well with you all and your bubbies.

Take care
    Trish

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast