Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, June '05

Just checking if there were any posts.....nup!

Forgot to add, Yesterday Violet grabbed a rattle and put it into her mouth...awwwwww!!
    Also the other day I went in to check on her and she was quite happily asleep... sucking on her thumb!! #-o She doesn't suck on it as much anymore, so hopefully she doesn't get into the habbit.

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - keep plugging away at the swimming lessons. Noah will get there. Even if he is just getting the "experience" of water, he is still learning about how to help himself in the water. Sorry to hear that Tehya is getting sniffly again. Hopefully it doesn't lead to anything much.

Tanya - sounds like Alecia is enjoying her new toy. It's always the way with teenagers, hey? They take everything to the extreme. I know I did! Awww @ Violet holding her rattle and putting it in her mouth! LOL - she is a cheeky little thing for getting that thumb in her mouth!

Sarah - I hope that Zander has continued with the good sleeping. A pattern for you would be nice, I imagine. At least then you would know if you were going to get a decent sleep or not. It's the "not knowing" that can sometimes drive you nuts.

Bec - OMG @ poor Eliza and her breathing! That must have been scary! I hope she is all better and you are both getting some decent sleep.

Yup sure is quiet in here.

Tanya, how cute Violet sucking her thumb in her sleep. Buggar Tehya's awake. Ok, gave her dummy back and a quick pat. There are other places for me to take Noah swimming but I think that as long as he is relaxed and feeling comfortable where he is, all is good. IYKWIM.

Deb, how's Gabby's pit going? How are you doing???

Sarah, I'd forgotten that you'd said that Zander with Amanda. Glad to hear that all went well for the lot of you on Monday. Buggar that Zander has no real routine for you but hey, atleast your getting sleep atm. More then I'm getting.

Bec, sorry to hear that Eliza has not been well. It's very scary when they have respiratory problems. I spent a few too many night like that with Tehya too. Fingers crossed she's on the upside of it all now though.

Still not a great deal happening around here. Been having the worse headaches lately, not sure if it's got anything to do with the lack of sleep or what. Tehya is STILL waking up atleast 3 times a night. Now this alone I could handle, but she's not going straight back to sleep after her feeds, and the wakeups start from 1am onwards until morning. I've been trying to het some extra rest but that doesn't seem to be happening nearly enough.

Doing well this morning, I already have dinner on cooking. Homemade bolognese cannelloni.The house smells yummy. Figured if I got allthe mince and stuff done this morning then there would'nt be as mush to do later, still undecided whether to use fresh lasagne sheets or the ready made cannelloni shells. hmmmm, either way they are going to be a pain to do. Can't wait to tuck into it tonight.

Take care
    Trish

Sorry Deb posting at almost the smae time. Well it took me that long anyway.

Tehya still has her sniffles and a slight cough but I think thats just from the snot running down the back of her throat IYKWIM.

Take care
    Trish

It is very quiet at the moment isn't it Tanya? How cute of Violet grabbing her rattle! Zander hasn't started grabbing just yet. His hands however are in his mouth whenever he gets the chance!

OMG at getting dinner started already Trish, how organised are you today?! Bumma about Tehya not sleeping real well still, hopefully she'll get back into it properly soon.

Deb, how is Miss Gabby going?

We had another good sleep last night, so I'm pretty sure that it's the new nightlight that's doen the trick \/ Now all we have to do is get him to bed before 10.30 / 11.00 - we're going to work on that properly when Aaron has a week off in July.

Scarlett Guest

Hi all, and thanks for all the well wishes regarding daycare etc. Yep you were right it is much tougher on me than her - in fact she doesn't even seem to notice. Sniff Sniff, but thats better than her being upset all day.

Have been sorting out work stuff this week and feel like I never left so will catch up on personals later.

Hope everyone is well and that bubs are doing great.

Debbie Lee Guest

Scarlett - that's great that Emily is doing well at day care! At least your mind can be at ease while you are working. Glad to hear you are settling back into that aswell

Sarah - yay for the night light doing the trick! It's all so much trial and error, hey? Good on you for working on the bed time too. Consistency does help them but it's hard to get that routine going if they don't always wanna stick to it, hey? Gabby is doing well. Getting sooooo big!

Trish - mmmmmmm your dinner sounded nice the other night. Good work for getting organised so early!

Yay for Emily surviving childcare, but poor mummy I'm sure it'll get easier as time goes by.

Weeeeelll I spoke to soon, last night we were up every 1-2hrs ](*,) Not so sure what was going on there, but by 5.30am when I had been up for an hour I was getting very very cranky.

Going to try Zander in his cot for his sleeps today & see how we go. He seems to be getting a bit big for his hammock so he'll have to go into the cot permanently pretty soon.

Hope all the mums & bubs are doing well.

Debbie Lee Guest

Bugga! I was really hoping you were on to something and getting some good sleeps by now, Sarah. Hope he naps ok in his cot today.

Hey girls,
    Scarlett, great to hear the Emily went well at day care. I bet it feels weird!

Sarah, sorry to hear you had another rough night, I hope he goes well in his cot. I still have Violet in her Snuggle bed, they say they can fit in it till they are around 6 months. I suppose I'll have to stop wrapping her with her arms in too soon, My MCHN told me to stop wrapping with their arms in when they get mobile when I was wrapping Emily at 4mo because thay can roll and suffocate I suppose... I went in and found Violet had rolled onto her belly and could bearly move because her arms were in her wrap.

Well not much going on here...same ol', same ol'.
    Wato won his court case... he got 4K Better than a slap in the face with a maggoty cat

Zander is in the snugglebed in his cot now, his aquarium thingy is on & I can here him sort of whimpering, not a cry just yet. Here's hoping it stays that way!

I didn't realise that about wrapping Tanya, one question though - how do you stop their hands getting cold? I think that's what wakes Zander up sometimes. Yaaaay at Wato winning his case too

I was going to put mittens on Violet, but they get wet cause she is constanly chewing on her hands... I have her in bed atm with no wrap at all to see how she goes... she's been asleep for hours as usual, so that is a good sign! Just worried she such her little thumb, another reason to put mittens on her...

Tanya

Well, Zander lasted from 10.45 - 12.30 which is faaantastic! I had to go in a few times to resettle him, but hey it's better than having to hold him all the time! I had him sort of wrapped - as in I didn't have it all tucked in & he was quite happy with that.

Zander is the same with mittens & I think wet mittens would be colder than dry hands IYKWIM.

Scarlett Guest

Sarah - not that it is cold up here really but on the nights when it is I have put Emily's mittens on after she is asleep as she doesn't suck on them unless she is awake. If you have any ideas on the bed time issue please let me know as we are trying to get her off about 8pm (instead of 10-11) but she just seems to feed longer! The annoying thing is I then have to wake her up to feed at 6.30am and she doesn't have much at all. Hope Zander sleeps well tonight.

Tanya - yey for wato.

Trish - I hope Teyha is feeling better today.

It is our fourth wedding anniversary today and we are off for 'warm stone massages' together tommorrow as Kev has taken the day off. After four days getting myself ready for work I will need it.

No ideas yet on the bedtime issue Scarlett, but if you figure out how to get Emily off any earlier, please let me in on it!! We have a 10.30-11.00 bedtime at the moment & with working Mondays it takes me days to recover! I will say though that the cot has worked a treat today Almost 2 hrs this morning & going on 2.5hrs now \/ I think it might be because it's so dark in his room compared with the room wher his hammock is.

How sweet is this - my BIL brought me lunch! He's a chef & he had a break at work so he came for a visit & brought lunch.

Debbie Lee Guest

Scarlett - happy anniversary!! Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Sarah - yay on Zander's good sleeps. With the cold hand thing, if they have wondersuits on, there's a little pouch on the sleeves that can roll over their hands like mittens?

Tanya - woo hoo @ Wato winning his court case. LOL @ better than a slap in the face than a maggoty cat. Haven't heard that one before!

Hey girls, been reading but not posting. Naughty me.

When the rest of you work out the sleeping let me in on it too please.

Alright Deb, we know Gabby sleeps good

Sarah, that was very nice of you BIL. Hope he makes a habit of it for you. Maybe it's time for Zander to graduate to the cot if he sleeps better in it.

Scarlett, hope that you have a great day, it sounds wonderful. Come back and tell us all about it so we can be jealous.

Tanya, YAY on Wato winning his case. Not sure what it was for but YAY anyway. LOL @ the maggoty cat too. I always say better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick, but yours sounds so much better

Tehya has been feral all afternoon and evening. She won't feed properly and even when she does drift off it's not for long. Mark just had a whinge calling her a little "b" Don't know what he;s whinging about, it won't be him up with her half the damn night again. She's starting to sound abit rattley in the chest again so I'm going to call the Dr and make an appointment for her tomorrow. She's due for her next immunisation next Friday and I really don't want her sick so she has to miss out on it.

Better go, the Princess is calling again.

Take care
    Trish

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456