Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, September '05 #2

Hi girls

just logged on and Matthew`s wanting me, I`ll pop back later

Deb, Gabby looks like she is having a ball on the horsey ride!

ange-par Guest

Ella is suffering bad at the moment. Her bottom is sooo red and sore from all the poo she has been doing and now I find out she is allergic to the antibiotics. Took her to the doctor tonight because she has a very bad rash over her tummy and they tell me it's the antibiotics and tohe horrible pooing is caused by it as well. If it's not one thing it's another....Eczema, hearing loss and allergic to antibiotics...what more can go wrong!!!!! I feel like such a bad mum. Being a single mum is so hard. Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing.

I just needed to vent and I hope things will start to get better soon. Tomorrow is another day.

Debbie Lee Guest

Angela - hope you are feeling better today. Poor Ella! It certainly sounds like she is keeping you on your toes. My hat goes off to you and any single Mum out there. It's hard enough when you have the support of a partner let alone having to go it alone. :hugs:

Chrissy - yep... Gab loved the horsey! I think Neil and I will have to go back there some time soon and take the video camera.

Fi - ewww @ the poo!! Safe travels tomorrow! Hope you have a great time in NZ.

Heading to Mum's today. It was meant to be "housework day" but Hanna made me an offer I can't refuse (free lunch, LOL). It doesn't take much to convince me to give up on the housework.

Hi to everyone else!!!

Hi Ladies, not sure how I`m going to catch up with you all but please forgive me if I miss you out

Shannon - It often happens just when you think they are back into a routine BANG it all changes again, I thought Matthew was back to sleeping through but it only lasted for 4 nights oh well I`m not worried as you say they aren`t babies for long. And yes you do remember correctly I was worried about Matthew`s head ONLY after Mum went on and on about how flat it was and I shouldn`t be sleeping him on his back, etc, etc I did ask my MCHN (my regular one not the one I had last week ) about how Mum said Matthew had a major flat head she commented his head is fine it`s only slightly flat and yes that`s all it was and now it`s only very very minor, he turns his head all the time and sleeps more with his head on the side now. I have to look really hard to see it.

Angela - Poor Ella, Sending lots of hugs your way, your doing a great job. Have to tried using Botty Butter on her little bottom a lot of the girls here on BB have used it I brought some after Melinda highly recommended it but haven`t had to use it yet.

Deb - Gabby looks like she was having Fun on her horsey ride, I`ve been there it`s a very pretty spot but it was freezing in mid July.

Fi - Sorry to hear about your BFN, we`re both in the same boat, I think my OB was correct saying it`s hard to get pregnant when exclusively BFing, AF arrived today, late but I`m okay about it I`m thinking once solids start conceiving might be easier. Have a great time in NZ.

Deb - LOL @ getting Neil to change a dirty nappy.

Welcome Heather and Hendrix

Michelle - Woohoo for Alex only waking up once, hopefully it`s the beginning of more to come.

Trish - Poor Tehya, I hope she`s feeling better soon.

Angel - Yay for Kynan rolling.

Okay that`s as far back as I can reply.

Matthew and I have had a wonderful time with my Aunt and Uncle and Matthew has been an absolute angel, we`d be away from home from 10.30am to about 4.30/5pm for 4 days in a row and he never ever complained, my Aunt couldn`t get over what a good boy he is so YAY for my Little man \/ My Aunt brought Matthew an All Blacks outfit, it`s quite funny as I was thinking about asking them to buy one to stir Mark up but never got around to asking and here they turn up with one, it`s a size 1 tracksuit so will be great for next year.

Matthew`s teeth are now very nearly through, you can see them just beneath his gum.

Take Care

Deeanne

Deb, awww cute pics of Gabby on the horse. LOL @ Neil's comments about her nappy! Hope you have a nice lunch today.

Trish, hope Tehya's rash clears up soon. That's good that it isn't bothering her though. Great photos of the bubs at the meetup!

Michelle, sounds like Alex is doing great! Yay for only waking up once!

Heather, welcome to the thread!

Fi, LOL @ Jenna saving up all her pooey nappies for yesterday morning. Kynan's doing the same to me today. Have had 2 shockers in a row LOL.

Angela, huge hugs! You're not a bad mum at all! It sound's like you're doing a wonderful job at being a mummy. Oh yes, the Botty Butter from Beauty & the Bees down here in Tassie that Dee mentioned is fantastic stuff. We've used it on Kynan since he was born and he's never had a red bum or even a hint of nappy rash.

Shannon, I take Kynan's nappy off for some of his tummy time (maybe once a day for a while before his bath). Gets a bit cold down here to have it off for too long. Funnily enough when Kynan rolled it was with his nappy on LOL. Bummer about Jess not sleeping/feeding so great anymore. Maybe it's just today... fingers crossed hey LOL.

Dee, yay for Matthew being such a good little boy whilst you were out!

Kynan's booked in for his 4 month needles on Friday. Are you supposed to go by weeks or months? I've been going by months... hope I've got that right!

Anegla - I am so sorry to read that you are having an awful time at the moment hopefully things will get better for you soon. *hugs*

Angel - I go by months as well they should have put a date in his book for when he next needs them.

Dee - That is great Matthew has been such a good boy while you had family stay with you and great news about his teeth.

Shannon - Sorry to hear that you are back to sleepless nights. Fingers crossed Jess will start sleeping better again for you.

I aslo spoke to soon about Alex's sleeping last night i was up every 2hrs and not even just giving him water this time work. I left him crying to himself at 3.30 as i was so tired and finally he went back to sleep but for 2hrs only. Just glad DH was only working up the road this morning so he left for work a little later so i slept in till 8.

Hello,

Probably my last post until I get settled back in NZ. Leaving home at 6 in the morning to check in by 7:30am. Joy...... Hopefully we will be at my parents house by about 5pm NZ time. Its a long day!

Dee/Shannon - I love All black stuff. I got Jenna some at Auckland Airport last time we went through. They had little black woolly tops for $12 - they were so cute, and I had seen them in a shop in Hamilton for about $30. Not sure why they were so cheap, maybe getting rid of extra stock. If I see a super cute and cheap suit, I'll buy it for you.
    And Shannon - that is one of my favourite tops too. I'm sure they do them in kiddies sizes, but not babies.

Angela - dont get too down on yourself. Its hard being a mum, even whe you have a support person. My hat is off to you. If you want some really great nappy rash creams, I use Weleda Calendula stuff. It is fabulous, and is natural (ish) so less likely for Ella to have a reaction. You can get it off the internet, but there are some shops in Melbourne that sell it.
    Actually - the Weleda range is one of the creams recommended with cloth nappies that have microfleece on the inside as it has no zinc oxide in it. Zinc Oxide will build up on fleeces and cause water repelling. Not good.

Angel - good luck for the needles. Jenna is due for her 6 monthers when we get back. Ihate needles.....

Dee - AF is still eluding me (3 days late). I had a dizzy spell and a retching moment this morning. Hmmmm. But the POAS said no. We shall see in a few days.

Deb - housework day here darn it. Have to get the house spic and span for the housesitters. Change all the sheets, clean the toilets and bathrooms, and floors, and do all the washing, plus vaccuum. Thank god shane is useful with stuff liek this!

Right-o - keep safe all, I'll chat from NZ.

Fi

Shannon, yeah I'm actually looking forward to summer as Kynan might be able to get away with just wearing a nappy some days and he can show off his fancy nappies/covers LOL.

Michelle, eeks @ the waking every 2 hours! That's great that your DH was able to take care of things so you could have a bit of a sleep in the morning though. Hope Alex has a better night tonight.

Fi, all the best for the flight back. Good luck with POAS too! Fingers crossed.

I had a better night last night with Alex. He feed at 4.30pm went to bed 7.30pm then woke at 10.30pm and then he did not wake until after 6am.

Happy 6 months to Violet and Zander today, I can`t get over how the time is flying, another 6 months time you`ll be celebrating their 1st Birthdays.

Fi - Fingers cross that AF is late for a good reason and she`s not playing up like she did with me and came 6 days late, fingers cross for when you decide to POAS. What a bargain on the wooly tops and yes I`d love an outfit if you find a cheap one, thank you.

Shannon - LOL that top would be great, I haven`t seen any around.

Michelle - Glad you had a good night with Alex, what about Kimberley? I hope she gave you a great night too.

Angel - I go by months also as to the next vaccinations but in saying that Matthew`s having his 4 month ones tomorrow, it was meant to be 2 weeks ago but he seemed quite off colour because of his teeth that I decided it`s best to wait then last week we had our visitors and couldn`t get an appointment to fit in so tomorrow is the day yucky. I was worried that he was a bit late but hopefully it`s ok. Good luck with Kynan when he has his vaccs on Friday.

Thought I was in for a bad night, Matthew went to bed at 7.30pm but then woke up at 11.45pm, normally he`d go until 1.30/2am so I thought oh no what a wonderful night I`m going to have but it wasn`t the case he went down at 12.10am and didn`t get up until 6am so that was ok thank goodness.

I wish Mark`s X would make up her mind, for the last 18 months I`ve been making the boys sandwiches for school a month ago the X tells Mark not to bother making sandwiches as they don`t eat them so they go off to school with lots of little treats instead then this morning we get an sms from the X saying in future if we don`t send them to school with lunch we have to let her know ](*,) What ever we do seems to be wrong!!

Take Care

Deeanne

Sorry Simone - Happy 6 months to Declan as well

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay!! Happy Half-Year to Violet, Zander and Declan! It's hard to believe it has been that long!!

Dee - grrr @ Mark's ex. Sounds like she is going to get a bee in her bonnet no matter what you do. Yay for Matthew's good sleep last night

Michelle - yay for Alex too!!

Angel - LOL @ Kynan being able to show off his nappy covers in summer. I am the same with some of Gabby's body-suits. It seems such a pity that she has such cute little body suits that get covered up by clothes! Mind you, she won't fit into them by the time the hot weather gets here!

Fi - hope you had a good flight and you are having a good time with your Mum (and that she's not working you all too hard ).

I am trrrrying to get the house clean today. There's quite a lot to do (and, of course, I am now distracted by the computer). I need a maid! LOL

Happy six months to Violet, Zander and Declan!! Time flies way too fast with these bubbas doesnt it??

Michelle - YAY at Alexanders good sleep! Hope you had a nice deep sleep too!

Angel and Dee - I hope your vaccinations go ok. Did either of the boys react to the 2 month vaccs?? Hendrix reacted to his so i wonder if it means he will react to the 4 monther as well?

Dee - Im glad Matthews night ended up being ok.

well Hendrix is still sleeping beautifully. 12-13 hours a night but it seems that this may change, as Dee Matthew used to sleep right through the night didnt he?? Angel is Kynan still sleeping through?

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey Shannon - no worries about today. Things always happen like that - not much we can do about it, hey? LOL @ Corey having a dig about your BB time - like that's gonna make you stop (esp. since you are a mod now ). As for Jessalyn sleeping on you - a good idea, I think! Better than no sleep at all, hey?

Heather - yay for Hendrix sleeping so well! I hope he keeps it up! Every baby is different so it's quite possible that he will continue to sleep well at night. Gabby has never slept as long as Hendrix (maybe once) but I will generally get at least 8-9hours out of her at night. She's only woken during the night a handfull of times (when she was sick with a cold and I imagine it will be the same when she starts teething). You just never know!

Shannon - Your advice is correct it`s exactly what I was going to do, start making the boys sandwiches again and if they don`t eat them that`s up to them, just seems whatever we do lately is all WRONG grrrr Glad you had a fairly good night.

Heather - Yes Matthew was sleeping 10 plus hours a night from 11 weeks until he hit 15 weeks, it then all changed, he`s now 20 weeks and he may sleep through the night very occasionally but majority he sleeps for 6/7 hours then has to have a feed and back down again for another 3 hrs, just have to go along with him. Hendrix is sleeping beautifully, I hope it all continues for you. Matthew reacted to his 2 month needles, he wasn`t his normal self until 12 days after the vacc, I really hope it doesn`t have the same affect over him this time.

Deb - Wouldn`t it be lovely if we all had a maid. Have fun cleaning

Happy 6 months Violet, Zander and Declan!!!!
    That time has gone so fast.

Dee - I am so sorry to hear Mark's X is being a right ***** again. Well done on Matthew's sleep last night and hope every thing goes well with his needles.

Debbie - Good luck with cleaning the house i did most of mine before i went out this morning and did my washing last night. I did look silly hanging my washing out in the dark. lol

Heather - Hendrix seems to be sleeping really well that is great.

Shannon - Great to hear you where able to sleep in a little this morning shame that Jess woke up at 4.30.

Kimberley did sleep really well last night just a shame she was up at 5.30.

I better get back to my baking i habe just made some fudge and i am now going to make mars bar slice.

Hey All,

We had a shocker last night, but it made the flight today so easy. Jenna slpt for nearly 2 hours on the plane, not even wrapped up. Bliss!!

NIce to be home, they are having a real cold snap, so need to get out the winter PJs. This house is so cold!! Windows open everywhere.

I'll catch up another time - am very tired now, only 3 hrs sleep last night. Grrrr

Fi

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast