Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, September '05

Just very qickly cos mum's group is due any minute - I've done up a post of Baby Birthdays HERE, so if you guys want to add your bubs to them just reply

Hi guys, I've done up a post of Baby Birthdays HERE, so if you guys want to add your bubs to them just reply

Michelle - Good luck with Alex and his kidney u/s, hopefully all is aok with him now. Wonderful news about the pram and woohoo for Kimberley wanting to sit in it, hopefully will make things easier for you.

Deb - Your day sure does sound full on, hope it all goes according to plan and Gabby just fits into it all nicely for you.

You know those nights where your tired, you go to bed and can`t sleep, well that was me last night and when I did drift off a damn cat decided to pick a fight with our domestic grrrrrrr so I woke up with all the noise right outside our window ](*,) It`s probably a wild cat, we have a few down on the farm but they don`t normally come near the house. I eventually managed to drift off just after 12 then Matthew was up at 2.30 but once back in bed he didn`t get up again until 6.30 so not too bad.

Take Care

Deeanne

Just a quicky to say HI and that I'm back. Trying very hard to catch up but I don't think it's likely. There are 5 pages in here and 29 pages since I've last been on.

I opted to stay an extra 2 nights a "baby boot camp", then decided to check out early after that anyway. We got home this morning and so far all is going to plan. Hopefully (fingers crossed) I can get back on tomorrow and catch up.

We Survived Sleep School \/

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Ick... that sounds like you had a terrible night, Shannon. Don't you just wish these babies could speak english and tell us what their problem is? That would be handy. Good on you for getting out for a coffee yesterday. Having some adult conversation can do the world of good when things aren't going smoothly.

Trish - good to see you are back and that you all survived! I can't wait to hear allllllll about it!

Dee - did you get an ok sleep last night?

Hi everyone!

Hope there are lots of happy Mums and Bubs out there today.

Trish.. hope Tresillian works for you and Tehya starts sleeping better.

Deb...I hope that Neil's TV debut is a good one when it airs (we don't get the show here )

Tanya...hope Violet is behaving herself

Dee...I know what you mean about cats being a pain in the night. Hope it finds someone else to annoy tonight

Michelle...how's Alex doing? Hopefully he's over his nasty tummy bug.

Sarah...lol @ Zander & Aaron being in cahoots. You need to have a girl next to even things out a bit

Angel....Bas went through a similar thing with noises, but he's fine now so hopefully Kynan will get over it soon.

Hi to anyone I missed, hope you're doing well.

Technically Bas and I should move to the next forum I guess....my little man is growing up! He's soooooo close to crawling. He's been crawling backwards for about 2 weeks, and I reckon he'll have it figured how to go forwards before too long. He sort of pushes forward with his legs but can't get his arms moving quickly enough so ends up doing face plants into the carpet He also said "Mum" last night!!! I think he's just learnt a new sound and isn't actually talking to me... but I still think it's cool

That's about it from us.. I'm back at work now for 3 mornings a week, so will have even less time to fit everything in, but I'll try

See you all in a few weeks!

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay for Zola and Bas moving to the next thread (not that I want you to go... by ykwim?). Soooo cute that he said "Mum". And OMG @ him crawling! What a clever little man!

Ok so I've sort of gone back over the past 5 pages and caught up but I know that there's no way I can catch up on here so can I please start fresh ? [-o<

I hope that all mummy's and little people are going great and hopefully getting lots of rest. Hello to any graduates coming in here and bye to ones leaving. I shall be joining you as soon as I'm ready to admit that Tehya is 6 months old today I'm very sad, my baby girl is growing up way too fast.

Tehya had her appt at the Paed. Dermatologist today about her hair. He wants to check her again in 6 months but basically said he thinks it's just a birth mark.

Tresillian was great. Very hard emotionally and quite draining. But, in saying that it has helped heaps. Tehya is now going down by 6.30 pm and getting up around 6 am. She does still wake up overnight but is no longer having to be fed back to sleep. She is also sleeping better during the daytime. She will self settle herself in around 10 minutes or under usually but the resettling is still stuffing us around. She will wake after her 40 minute sleep cycle and has trouble resetlling. Sometimes this can take upto an hour. Once she has been in bed for between 1 1/2 to 2 hours either asleep or cryingshe can get up.

I have a heap of handouts from them including a great routine they suggest for bubs. If anyone is interested give me a yell and I will post it for you.

Sarah, I do remember you were thinking of Tresillian and your Gp advised you against it. There are heaps of bubs there with reflux in for sleeping problems. Obviously a common thing. So if you are still having problems with Zander sleeping maybe give them a call and see what they suggest.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwwww Happy 6 Months Old, Tehya!!
    Sounds like you had a really positive experience at Tresillian, Trish. Sounds like it was hard work tho! It's good that Tehya has some settling skills now. That's fantastic. Here's hoping that it means that you won't be so sleep deprived from now on!
    As for starting fresh - I don't blame you!! That's a lot to catch up on!!

Well, finally I've got some time to check in with everyone. The weekend in Thredbo was fantastic (I was a bit disgusted to find that snow isn't fluffy though LOL) Jacob was great on both the plane and the coach and the airline staff were really great - getting us on and off the plane first. Did an enormus amount of walking and my legs are still killing me. I'll pop a post in the Woo Hoo room in a minute about the trip.

Jacob did ok at the MCHC on Monday - he's still just a smidge under 6kgs though but he's most definitely long like the other 4. He's now being Mr Mobile on a mission - rolling both ways and trying to manouvre around on the floor.

We have all had that lovely cough and cold since the weekend. Zachary and Christian got it first and decided to share it around (how sweet 8-[ ) and now they have both copped it back again. So everyday this week I have had at least one of the big boys home - today Zachary and Christian again. I've been trying to be a nice mummy but also trying not to get to close to them because I don't want it back and Jacob is still a big ol snotball!

I won't do any personals today (forgive me?????) as there were just too many pages to catch up on and I'll probably get it all a*** up today.
    Hope everyone is doing well!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Sounds like you had a grrrreat time, Nat. Yay for the staff on the air lines being so accomodating. LOL @ the snow not being fluffy. When I was little and I first went to the snow, I told Mum it was ice cream, LOL. Urrgh @ all of you getting a cold (sometimes twice). That sux!

Zola - Yay for Bas saying Mum and crawling backwards, he`s growing up fast.

Trish - Happy 6 months to Tehya, there`s babies are growing up way too fast. Sounds like you learnt some great things at Tresillian, I hope they keep working for you now your home and you can get some decent sleep.

Nat - Sounds like you had a lovely cold but oh no at everyone coming down with the nasty cold

Shannon - I hope you get a better night tonight and yay that your getting a social life because of BB.

Deb - Hope your having a relaxing day today.

No cat fights here last night, but Matthew decided to get up even earlier at 1am, he`s really out of sorts he`s now got a rash on his face so I`m really beginning to wonder that it might all be linked to teething, it`s just all guess work so hard at times to know what`s going on.

Take Care

Deeanne

I forgot to say I`ve updated Matthew`s site with more photos in the August and September albums if anyone is interested

Hi All,

Just a quick one from me. Welc ome back Trish and happy 6 months Tehya!
    You to Zola - yay for Bas almost crawling. I can't believe we are only a couple of months away from that.
    Shannon - sounds like the night from hell. I dont know how you manage the energy with a couple of others to chase around too!!

I went clothes shopping today. Just at Target, but I spent a bit, and got 3 new skirts. I also found out I actually suit the seasons colours. How often does that happen? So the turquoise, purple, rust etc, ALL ME!! Yay. ANd singlets are a nice cheap way of bring colour into ta wardrobe, so I got a few of them.

nailed my umpires test least night. Walked out in 15mins, I'll find out next week what percentage I got. As long as i get more than 70% I should be right.

Seeay
    Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - that's great that you managed to get out to Target today. Yay @ all the season's colours suiting you. I am LOVING the fact that Green is in. I love green. My favourite jumper is green and I always get compliments when I wear it (gotta take 'em when you get 'em!!). Fingers crossed about your percentage. I bet it'll be almost 100%!

Dee - had a look at Matthew's pictures. Gosh he's a cutey! It's funny (well... not funny but ykwim?) that he seems to be in more "summery" clothes than the bubs down this way where it's still relatively cold.

Hi all

Well Erykah is been a little angel. Suddenly she is able to be put in her cot wide awake and with her mobile going able to drop to sleep 95% of the time without a cry or wimper. I feel so much more relaxed about putting her to bed.

Lets hope this is the way of things to come.

Mum arrives in 10 days from UK can't wait to see her. Got a facial booked for us both in Daylesford once she recovers from jetlag.

Gotta dash hubby home for tea

Hope all have a good nights sleep and bubs are good

Jo

I have been researching the Grobag. I have heard rave reviews but can't believe the price we are charged here in Oz. It is way cheaper in the UK. I have asked mum to get some and bring them over. They are like $40 for a new one over there. The cheapest I have found in the shops here is $85.

It would be cheaper to buy online and pay for shipping.

So if anyone else is thinking of buy one but is put off by the price take a look at the grobag website for the UK or mothercare stock them online

Jo

Oh Jo - I looooooove Mothercare!!!! There is one in Auckland, and they have the nicest clothes. Grobags are hideously priced, but they look great. And if you've got a baby that kicks off covers, well maybe they are the way to go. I can't see us not wrappign Jenna for another few months yet - even if its just her legs, so I think we will be right until next winter.

Deb - I'm not sure about 100%..... Shane did his boat drivers course last night for his Dad's new tinny. He got 100% so he's all full of himself today. How annoying! I am proud of him though, clever little sausage.

Nat - how cool about being at the snow. yes isn't it disappointing to realise snow really hurts to fall over on!! I went snowboarding a couple of eyars ago at my XH's reccomendation. hated it, much preferred skiiing, specially cuase I fell over ALL the time!!! I ended up with the biggest bruise on my butt. How did you go? Any bruises coming up? Did you get some cute shots of babies in the snow?

Dee - hopefulyl you get a coupleo f teethies soon. Poor little bugger. Jenna is doing a 1am wakeup at the mo too, but after a quick feed, she is straight back to sleep. Very strange.

Deb - Aren't bright colours the best? I just need a pair of shoes now for summer as I haven't got anything casual that goes well with my skirts! Only my Dr Marten sandels, and they have almost done their dash. 5 years and 4 continents will do that! They are very well travelled.....

Gotta go do a quick punching bag about my little bro, and then off to netball!

Fi

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast