Thread: 3 Years - 5 Years, April '05

Default 3 Years - 5 Years, April '05

Welcome to the 3 Years to 5 Years thread for April 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

3 Years to 5 Years List - April '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Attending Kinder / Pre-School?:
    Notes:

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: mumof4under4
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11th July 2000
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Micaela Lee
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns:speech delay
    Notes: She came 4 days late was induced, came out 56 cms long 9 pound 13 ounces was in labour for 12 hours

Forum Name: MistyFying
    State: Q
    Baby's DOB: 26 March 2001
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Gabrielle Elita
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: speech/language delay
    Notes:

Forum Name: mumof4under4
    Baby's DOB: 13th October 2001
    Baby Name(s): Jacynta Marie
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: nil
    Notes: She came 4 days late as well (two more days she would of been born on my birthday) she was also 56 cms long but my smallest 9 pound 4 ounces.

Forum Name: Dee
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 19 October 2001
    Baby Name(s): Ashlea Skye
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Attending Kinder / Pre-School?: Yes, 3 year old kinder
    Notes:

Forum Name: Astrolady
    State: South Australia
    Baby's DOB: 27th October 2001
    Gender of Baby Boy
    Baby's Name Kameron Andrew
    Baby's Website: http://www.theastroweb.com/kameron
    Health Concerns: None
    Attending Kinder / Pre-School?: Preschool Twice a Week. Kindy once a week from August 19, 2005
    Notes: Born 15 days early

Forum Name: mum2boys
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 7 November 2001
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby Name(s): Lachlan Daniel
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lochie/
    Health Concerns: Renal reflux - grade 2 left ureter - suseptible to UTI's
    Notes: Born 8lb 4oz - 1 day early - SVD

Forum Name: Cailin
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 23 November, 2001
    Baby Name(s): Paris Antoinette
    Baby's Website: http://groups.msn.com/pariswebsite
    Health Concerns: Eczema
    Notes: Born 3 days overdue via Emerg C/S - Weighing 9lb 11oz - Measuring 55 cm

Forum Name: Barbie-up
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 3rd December, 2001
    Baby Name(s): Caitlin Jane
    Baby's Website: mother not computer literate
    Playgroup/Kindy pre kinder/3yr old kinder once a week
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: induced 13 days over

Forum Name: Mouse_9_2001
    State: S.A
    Baby's DOB: 28th Janurary 2002
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Joshua Thomas
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuapollard/
    Health Concerns: has Asthma and Excema
    Attending Kinder / Pre-School?: starts kindy later this year, I think
    Notes: born 3 days before due date at 7lbs 15oz

Forum Name: KelliD
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 18 March 2002
    Baby Name(s): Cairenn Jayne
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/dawsonkids
    Health Concerns: eczema
    Notes: 2w early (induced pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes)

Hi everyone.

It's been a busy day here. We've just got back from Australia Zoo (yep, Crikey! 8-[ ) and the kids really loved it. Gabrielle was a bit scared of the elephants when she got up close to feed one, but loved touching the snake, feeding the kangaroos, watching the croc shows, holding an alligator etc

Steve Irwin was there, and of course thanks to The Wiggles, Gabrielle and Zeke both thought he was fabulous.

Cost an arm and a leg to get in, but we were shouted in by my in-laws. So all's quiet on the kiddy front, early to bed, they were completely cactus

Okay, any one got any suggestions on how to deal with a bossy little 3/12 year old girl?
    I've been told girls have this bossy streak that boys dont seem to, but Ashlea's just taken it too extreme lately.
    The problem is she loves role play games where she is the kinder teacher or the parent etc, but it gets out of control with her yelling orders at her friends (the 'kids' at kinder) No, you dont do this, Cross your legs, Lay down its sleep time, blah blah blah
    Once she was playing a game with me and my cousin and we we're the kids and she was mummy and she even started smacking us!
    It was really cute at the start, but now she is so bossy and controlling at times, and i've sat down with her and done the whole 'people dont like playing with you if your bossy' talk and stuff. She's usually pretty good, but when she starts these games she's really really bossy!

Dee could you try discipling her in whatever way you usually do? e.g. I do time out with my daughter... when she starts to get too bossy, warn her that that's not a nice way to play and that if she keeps yelling she'll have to have some time out to calm down.

I always try to follow through on any warnings, and it seems to work. The other thing that works for me is taking away favourite toys for a length of time.

It's not so much the bossiness etc that's a problem for me, it's the disobedience after receiving a request to stop.

Hi - it sounds like he was really zonked ! He must have decided it was easier to sleep in it than wake up and go to the loo.

Barb.

Jillian it sounds like Lochie was really really sound asleep to have slept through all of that.

I must admit I haven't even tried to have Gabrielle in just undies at night time yet. She's in those dry-nights things which cost the earth. She goes to bed at 7pm and sleeps through to about 7am. There's always a wee in her dry-nights when she gets up.

Perhaps I'll start walking her into the loo at around 9pm to see if that will do the trick.

My son has been heaps easier to train. I bet he'll be dry all night before Gabrielle is. #-o

We started buying pull ups for Kameron. Cause he kept having lapses by day like pooing his jocks etc so we though maybe it is cause he is in a nappy off a night. So we brought pull ups "special jocks" and he has been as good as gold during the day since. But i will jinx myself now I have said that.

Also we have had 3 dry nights since being in pull ups as well, so things are looking up slowly, he never had a dry night in nappies.

Oh and he is also one of those kids that sleeps through being changed etc as well LOL.

Love

Hi - Aldi supermarket have a brand of training pants with pictures of them for half the price of pull ups. I also bought some of those dry night things, but they were too big.

(caitlin wants to put in some smilie faces :-({|= \/ )

Cheers,
    Barb and Caitlin

LOL Jillian we have a mattress outside airing too. Thankgod we have spares though

We don't have Aldi Supermarkets here. Well I have never seen one 8-[

Love

I hope you are all doing well I have been waiting for Kameron to ask all morning about going to playgroup. Today is the first day of our school holidays. 1.5 more terms and he will be starting Kindy 1 day a week *cries*

Love

I'm a bit confused, too, Jillian.

I do know that Gabrielle goes to Preschool next year, and then to Grade one the next year (I think).

My 2 y o will do the whole prep thing.

I really need to do some research, I think... 8-[

We have kindy, prep/reception, then grade 1.

Kameron will start prep at the start of 2007. He must do full time Kindy for 1 year, and he will start full time kindy when he turns 4.

Our school also takes them a few times before they actually start full time so they can get used to their teachers etc, so the last term of 2006 he will be doing school visits as well. So he will probably be one of the older kids in his class.

Love

Full time Kindy is 4 days a week, I think, well it was 24yrs ago lol, and it only goes for 2.5hrs a day

Love

awwwww ouch por Josh !!! We had a similar thing yesterday but we had two arm chairs face to face and they have pretty big sides on them, so Lachlan was laying down in there when I was trying to get him down for an arvo nap at a friends place. But a similar thing happened he climbed the sides and fell out. Only cried for a min or two then was all smiles.

Love