Thread: 3 years - 5 years, June '05

Default 3 years - 5 years, June '05

Welcome to the 3 Years to 5 Years thread for June 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

3 Years to 5 Years List - June '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Attending Kinder / Pre-School?:
    Notes:

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: mumof4under4
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11th July 2000
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Micaela Lee
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns:speech delay
    Notes: She came 4 days late was induced, came out 56 cms long 9 pound 13 ounces was in labour for 12 hours

Forum Name: babies
    State: Italy
    Baby's DOB: 6 th August 2000
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Gabriele
    Baby's Website: no
    Health Concerns: ivu
    Attending Kinder / Pre-School?: yes, every day, infant school from 3 to 6 years

Forum Name: MistyFying
    State: Q
    Baby's DOB: 26 March 2001
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Gabrielle Elita
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: speech/language delay
    Notes:

Forum Name: mumof4under4
    Baby's DOB: 13th October 2001
    Baby Name(s): Jacynta Marie
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: nil
    Notes: She came 4 days late as well (two more days she would of been born on my birthday) she was also 56 cms long but my smallest 9 pound 4 ounces.

Forum Name: Dee
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 19 October 2001
    Baby Name(s): Ashlea Skye
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Attending Kinder / Pre-School?: Yes, 3 year old kinder
    Notes:

Forum Name: Astrolady
    State: South Australia
    Baby's DOB: 27th October 2001
    Gender of Baby Boy
    Baby's Name Kameron Andrew
    Baby's Website: http://www.theastroweb.com/kameron
    Health Concerns: None
    Attending Kinder / Pre-School?: Preschool Twice a Week. Kindy once a week from August 19, 2005
    Notes: Born 15 days early

Forum Name: mum2boys
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 7 November 2001
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby Name(s): Lachlan Daniel
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lochie/
    Health Concerns: Renal reflux - grade 2 left ureter - suseptible to UTI's
    Notes: Born 8lb 4oz - 1 day early - SVD

Forum Name: Cailin
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 23 November, 2001
    Baby Name(s): Paris Antoinette
    Baby's Website: http://groups.msn.com/pariswebsite
    Health Concerns: Eczema
    Notes: Born 3 days overdue via Emerg C/S - Weighing 9lb 11oz - Measuring 55 cm

Forum Name: Barbie-up
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 3rd December, 2001
    Baby Name(s): Caitlin Jane
    Baby's Website: mother not computer literate
    Playgroup/Kindy pre kinder/3yr old kinder once a week
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: induced 13 days over

Forum Name: nadia
    Baby's DOB: 6th Jan 2002
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl - Girl
    Baby Name(s): Nyah Ashley
    Baby's Website: nope
    Notes: At 3 yr old pre-school
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Mouse_9_2001
    State: S.A
    Baby's DOB: 28th Janurary 2002
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Joshua Thomas
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuapollard/
    Health Concerns: has Asthma and Excema
    Attending Kinder / Pre-School?: starts kindy later this year, I think
    Notes: born 3 days before due date at 7lbs 15oz

Forum Name: KelliD
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 18 March 2002
    Baby Name(s): Cairenn Jayne
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/dawsonkids
    Health Concerns: eczema
    Notes: 2w early (induced pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes)
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: lulusmum25
    State: ACT
    Baby's DOB: 4th May 2002
    Baby Name(s): Olivia
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Hi Girls

I hope you are all going along well.

We are doing good. Kameron has a cough through the night but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong with him which is really annoying cause I am up during the night to him every night cause he nearly makes himself sick from coughing so much ](*,)

He is still loving playgroup and has been asking all morning "playgroup soon mummy" We would be getting ready to go in 30mins, but the playgroup has just re-started a Wednesday Arvo session so I want to go to that one and welcome the new mums and show them around etc, since I am the co-ordinator. So I have to keep telling him that we are going after lunch lmao. Poor Kid.

Love

Well I just had to shake my head at Kameron. I made crumpets for a late breakfast and he requested butter and sauce to be place on his 8-[ So I did it and he has eaten it all. Weird child.

I noticed the other night too when we did hot chips in the oven he ate all the sauce first and then ate everything else. I always have sauce on the side of the plate instead of putting it over the chips when I do his.

Oh and yesterday he wanted a jam sandwhich, so that was okay then I go into the kitchen and the jam jar was empty he ate all the jam out of the jar, luckily there wasn't much left hahahaha.

Love

Argh doesn't rain here it pours.

Not sure if we are going to playgroup this morning. I have to ring in a few minutes to see if it is okay for us to go in. I went to get Kam's hair cut last night and he had a few eggs in his hair #-o So we have treated it, and I rang half a dozen other mums to get them to check their kids hair, but not sure if you have to spend so long away from playgroup/kindy/school or if you can go back the next day. The only place he could have got them from is playgroup too cause he doesn't goto childcare or anything like that. I combed his hair through this morning and it looks okay.

Apparently I had a couple as well (since Kam sleeps with us more nights than not cause he climbs in half way thru the night) but not as many as Kameron had, so the whole family was treated last night even Andrew who has a #2 hair cut anyway LOL.

Love

Hi - you used to have to go to the council to get a clearance to go back to school if you had nits/lice. How long do you treat it for ? Does one wash kill them ? Maybe you just stay away for a coupla days ?

A girl from Caitlins playgoup had them earlier this year, but Cait didn't pick them up. And years ago, when I lived at home, my mum and two sisters got them, which made me think I had dirty hair, but hey, it saved my head from the evil stuff they used to use on nits.

A general question here - do you shampoo their hair at every bath ? Cait has a bath every day but I only shampoo prolly twice a week and special occasions. And when do you stop using baby shampoo ? Do you just use adult shampoo after that ? And I had an old playgroup mum in my ear the other week about sodium laurel sulphates and stuff that seems to be in every shampoo and bath product. Caitlin has this excema patch under one eye that i keep forgetting to put cream on and i sometimes think the shampoo or bubble bath makes that worse.

The bike we bought cait for her next birthday (december) made its appearance a few months early and she loves it ! She never got the hang of the trike and i thought she'd never ride a bike but she can and loves it ! yells out to the kids in the street 'look at me and my big bike'.

Just one downside to the bike was my mums attitude - last sunday she came out with something about cait being ungrateful for what she has. Apart from me thinking 'what have you ever given her?' i thought what a horrible thing to say, to criticise her only grandchild and have a go at my parenting in one go I thought was a bit much. Where's the venting page .... and dont mention the possibility of an elective caeser to her, thats just not how you have babies according to her. Nothing about supporting my decision (which isnt decided anyway) all I get is the tut tut from her.

And then, If I dont ring her for a week or so, I get the 'stranger' comment the next time - this coming from a woman who lives five minutes away, drives past the bottom of the street that runs off mine, at least twice a week and doesn't drop in. The woman who was almost dragged by her hair to a nutrimetics party i had here last week (my first party plan hosting ever, and polly last) and yet left to go to the shops before I picked cait up from Kinda ...

aaarrrgghhh ...

barb :-)

You don't need clearance anymore. I rang playgroup yesterday morning and she said if he has no eggs left in his hair he could go in. I didn't see any and sat down with him for about 30mins checking so we went. You treat it when you discover them and then do it again 1 week later, also you have to strip all bedding and wash it in hot water to kill anything that might be on pillows quilt covers etc.

Not sure about bad infestations but 1 treatment got rid of Kamerons eggs, but will treat again next week to be sure.

I don't generally shampoo Kamerons' hair at every wash, cause he screams blue murder when he sees the shampoo bottle coming, but i try to do it at least every other time of him having a shower/bath and he will have a shower/bath every other day usually. You could wash your hair 100 times a day but it doesn't stop headlice, the cleanest of heads can get them.

If Kameron is in the shower with me I will just use Sunsilk to wash his hair but if he is in the bath alone then I use baby/kids shampoo cause that is what is in reach.

Lachlan's hair (or lack thereof ) I still use baby shampoo on.

Love

How is everyone travelling

We are good. Rushed Kameron to the GP Sunday night. Our family GP was just leaving so waited for us to arrive. Kameron had a high temp, a slight rash all over his body and had been coughing through the night for a good week or so. There was nothing specifically wrong with him ie nothing pointed to an ear infection and nothing pointed to tonsillitis even though he had a slightly red throat, but they gave him some medication anyway to treat what symptoms he does have and he has been good the last day or so. He hasn't even woken up coughing. So something is going right.

Didn't goto playgroup on Monday with him not being well but we went this morning and he sure made up for lost time LOL.

Love

Well I went to a different hair dresser today and they cut Kamerons hair no worries. Didn't even check for head lice but the way she was brushing she would have spotted it had it been an issue. So i would say we are over that hurdle. I am still using a leave in conditioner in his hair though, that helps to prevent it a bit.

Love

Heheheh too cute

Kameron has just learnt to sing along to a couple of songs from ABC kids. So now he mumbles his way through Bob the Builder and Caillou (sounds like Ki you) he is getting better at it every couple of days. So funny to hear though LOL.

Love

Awwww cute! And I love Kam's new hair cut!

Head lice is a PIA isn't it? Conditioner works best IMO, all those chemicals start to not work after a while.

Not much to report here, paris is at kinder today and I'm about to do some domestic crappola

*hugs*
    Cailin

Default reply

Forum Name:nadia
    Baby's DOB: 6th Jan 2002
    Baby Name(s): Nyah Ashley
    Baby's Website:nope
    Notes: At 3 yr old pre-school

Hi - it's amazing how quick they learn songs. It used to be that all they learnt was from you, now Cait comes home from Kinda after one session with a new song or picks one up from play school.

Barb.

Hi Girls

We brought Kamerons xmas present last night. A BMX bike wasn't bad $99.00 at Target. My mum is taking him out closer to Christmas to get him a helmet etc to go with it.

Also brought him some new sneakers last night, ones that flash when they walk I got 2 pair of them for $20 from Big W so that was a great little bargain. Kameron loves them and refused to take them off to go to bed last night. I managed to get them off admist screaming and crying and I put him to bed. I went in there 10 mins later and he was fast asleep hugging his shoes. Of course they were the first things that went on his feet this morning as well, so I have to fight him again in a minute so I can get socks on his feet too LOL.

Hope you are all well.

Love

babies Guest

Hi!
    Can I add to you?

I'm Ely, I'm italian teacher and I have two children: Serena and Gabriele.
    My children are born on the same day, 6th August, but not in the same year! Olso my brother are born on 6 th August. It will be genetic???

Now we are near summer holidays and I'm very happy. I'll have time only for children, I'll see the seaside and then the mauntains.

By!
    Ely

Forum Name: babies
    State: Italy
    Baby's DOB: 6 th August 2000
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Gabriele
    Baby's Website: no
    Health Concerns: ivu
    Attending Kinder / Pre-School?: yes, every day, infant scholl from 3 to 6 years