Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 months - 9 months, April '05

WTG Alana! That is wonderful news Lara. And 2 mths check up free sounds great. Don't worry about feeling paranoid, I think it is just a mother thing, and as things are definetly tougher for Alana when she is ill, you have every right to feel that way. I am a temperature freak as 2 of mine have had febrile convulsions as bubs and so I am totally freakish about panandol and taking their temperature all te time if they feel warm. LOL lucky it is something they grow out of , cos a 10 yr old with a freaky mum chasing them witha theermometer would be pretty embarrasing.

Nothing to report much here. Did grocery shopping so we are $400 poorer, but shuld be right for most things for about 4 wks or more. And Arron has gone all day with his patch and no smokes, so that's great. I think it has been 5 wks for me, I have lost track.

Anyway kids are good, hope everyone else's are too.
    Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi there again (just checking out the forums before i give lani her rollover)

lara - fantastic about alana she is going so well. ikwym about monash (that is where my dd was diagnosed with cancer in 2001) my sil is having her bubs there in june and i don't think i could ever go back to that hospital (especially 4th floor - both wards 41N and 41 or 42S i have forgotton now but spent a long time in that place)

michelle - gotta love shopping NOT it seems like such a waste of money - ahh if we didn't have to eat imagine the money we could save and the weight we would have - lol

question - answer honestly, if your baby is waking through the night still looking for a feed would you feed them back to sleep or would you try other measures.

i have spoken to a echn (not my usual one) and she said if i give lani a rollover between 10 and 11 at night then when she wakes at 3am she should not be hungry and just go in and settle her and see what happens, maybe even just sit by the cot or something, i feel like i will do it but when it comes i will probably feed her as i would be back in bed quick smart whereas if i did the other option i would probably be up and down all night but then again it would probably only take a few nights to have her sleeping back through again. problem with her having a feed during the night it throws her whole day out, she doesn't feed so well in the morning when she wakes (not really interested) so she spends most of the day off and on the boob - i gave her a bottle at 11am feed today and she drank 150mls only (but i had given her the boob at 9am) ](*,) lani is the opposite of my other two they were great night sleepers 7 till 7 from around 4mths but shockers during the day, lani is good during the day and early evening but come 3am arrhh. any ideas or should i just contineu feeding her at 3 and hope she grows out of it, i am a bit concerned about it as it will be harder when she can stand up in her cot etc and also it is going to get to cold to start getting up in the night soon.

Kellee Guest

Hey ladies,

Hooray for Alana! That's all fabulous news. I know what you mean about over-reacting... I do too because Charlie was born with an under-developed windpipe, so I'm paranoid about anyone who has a chest infection coming anywhere near him. I hope that she gets over her cold soon. Hope you're enjoying work, Iris.

Mitch - well done on the not smoking thing! I didn't know you were trying to quit. It is hard - I used to smoke a pack a day, but then I got asthma from it and had to stop (dr said I had a death wish). Now, about four years on, I am fine. There have been periods when I craved them and had one or two from a friend, but now the smell of them makes me sick. I hope you go really well with them - you're doing your body a huge favour.

mooshie - I feel for you! I wish I could wave a magic wand and give you all the answers. All I can do is to tell you my experiences and hope you get something from them. Charlie was never a good day or night sleeper until I started him on solids. Then he cut back his night feeds (I, too, was giving him a rollover feed) and he started making it through until about 4-5 am before waking. Once he started on solids three times a day, the MCHN (who came to see me to help with settling through the day) suggested that I cut out the rollover. The first night I did this he slept through. But I know that if he wasn't eating enough through the day he would wake up. He's actually going through a bit of a growth spurt, so he has woken up the last few nights but slept through again last night. Now he's having similar problems with the boob as you are with Lani, which makes me wonder if he is weaning himself.

The best thing I did was to get a "baby whisperer" in to help me with sleeping stuff. She knows all about the feeding stuff too... actually, all the stuff. Is there someone in your area that you can call to come and help you and observe for a few hours? Sometimes all it takes it for someone to tell you one little thing and everything clicks into place. I'm sorry you're having problems - I hope that you get some good suggestions and find solutions.

Now, when Charlie wakes through the night, we know it isn't because he's hungry. We usually wait for about 20 min (it used to be longer, but he usually puts himself back to sleep within 3-4 min now) before going in, and if we go in it's just to give him some SM33 for his teeth. It was really hard the first few nights to just let him cry, but we could tell by the tone of his cry that there was nothing "wrong" with him - all his needs were met. WE couldn't go to sleep for him - he had to learn to put himself back to sleep. Now he can, and life is a bit easier.

Anyway, sorry for the epic post... hope I've helped a little bit or given you ideas! Better go and get some housework done before Charlie wakes up. Hope you're all well.

Michelle- LAni has a lovely mummy! Jessica has 4 bottles of 240mls throughout the day, the last at about 8pm. I refuse to feed her bf 7am. It sort of semed mean, but she doesn't need it (she's not hungry) and it means she will go 11 hrs without a bottle.

We have had alot of waking/stirring int he last few weeks and I get up, give jessica the dummy and pull the blankets up again. I think mostly jessica wakes cos she is cold. I brought the sleeping bag cos she always kicks the blankets off. Last night she went down at 8.15 and woke at 7.15 this morning, I got up once at about 5 to give her the dummy and realign her as she was all arse about, but that is it. If she wakes bf I go to bed I just give the dummy again and she dozes off. We are about to put her in her own room and then I prob won't get up to fix her unless she rerally sooks alot. Lani prob loves the comfort of the cuddle and it's prob not being hungry, she is on solids so I guess the only way to stop it is prob to be tough, refuse the feed and try some other techniques. Maybe if you have a go and nothing works, Kellee's idea of the whisperer may be the next option. It is hard sometimes, cos it is sort of nice for you too, but then again you need your sleep too and Lani is 6 mths now so hopefully what you do makes a difference. It probably will take a few nights though.

Good luck with it.

Well I have spent all morning on here stuffing around. I really have to get off soon and do something.

Hi Kellee and everybody else.

Will be back later
    CHeers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi michelle and kellie

thanks for your input guys - really appreciated - i think i really need to be a bit tougher, i think my problem is one part of me is saying be tough and the other side saying look what happened to jessie arhh emotions are tough sometimes.

anyway last night i was all set for no feeding during the night, explained to ds that if he hears lani cry not to worry mummy is just trying to get lani to learn to sleep on her own. rollover at 10.45pm (unfortunately i made the bottle not warm enough lol and she didn't really drink so i put her on the boob for around 10mins then back to bed no probs. 4.27am she wakes i look at the clock and think ok i will get up at 4.32 (got be precise right lol) anyway i turned the monitor down and just watched the lights i could hear her in the distance, i must of dropped off again cause at 4.50am ds was standing at our bed saying mummy lani is screaming so i put him back to bed then i figured well it is close to 5am and it is not 3am so i will feed her, she then went back to sleep and woke at 8am not crying and very happy, so i wonder what will happen tonight - we will see, i think i will play it by ear a bit and really listen to her cries and see what happens.

thanks again

Hi Michelle- don't be hard on yourself though. We all love our bubs and have different weaknesses. Jessica is 7mths and still in my room, and know that her cot is ready and her room is ready I am stalling putting her in there cos I want to hold on just a little longer. We each bring different experiences to the table, and losing Jessi makes things very different for you. take your time, if you can stretch her sleeping/feeding times out then that is good. Just remember you are a wonderful mummy and lani won't think you are mean cos of not giving her a feed. (Well maybe for a little while, but she'll forget really quicklyLOL).

How is Jay going at kinder and how is stuff at your house with DH?

Good luck with it tonight.

Best wishes Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi girls

well had a fantastic night last night \/ , lani had her rollover of formula (about 120mls) at 10.45pm she gobbled it up eyes still closed (looking adorable lol) i sat just beside her cot and didn't talk to her, put her back down she opened her eyes gave me a little smile then turned her head and went to sleep. At 2.30am this morning she woke so I decided to stay in bed for 5mins and listen to her cries and figure out what they mean (plus it was warmer in bed lol) anyway after the 5mins she was still crying but only sort of calling out every min or so, so i got up sat on the couch in the lounge and just listened after around 10mins i could feel myself nodding off and lani had not cried again so i went back to bed, I woke at 7am and went and checked on her she was sound asleep, she stirred around 7.30am so i got her up. she was so good the clever girl. I think my problem has been me just getting to her too quickly and i think she has been a little cold, last night i had her in windcheater type pj's with feet in them. i am going to dig out the sleeping bag tonight. I desperatly wanted to check on her after she stopped crying to make sure she was ok and not doing anything silly like have her wrap around her neck or anything but I knew if i went in i would have spoilt it all lol. my boobs are huge atm, so i am thinking of giving her a boob feed at 11am today after her nap if she mucks around on it then i will just give her a bottle.

michelle - jay is loving kinder, but he is loving the prospect of playing auskick next term, he asks me every morning if we are going to footy today, got his footy boots yesterday and he hasn't taken them off (even went to bed with them last night lol). dh is still the same hiding in the garage drinking etc but i am not letting it worry me, i figure it is his loss and hopefully within time he will realise it and do something about it, he has been to the physc. twice now and is due to go again in 2wks (haven't seen much of a difference but in the long run here's hoping) i reckon the anti depressants he is on can't be good for him if he is still drinking so much (he has around 6 to 8 cans a night).

how about the situation between you and your dh michelle things going okay there?

anyway i am off to do a few odd jobs around the house before lani wakes up then it is a lovely day so i think we will just go for a nice walk (want to stay away from shops as much as possible on school holidays).

hope all is going well.

Yay Michelle- how wonderful that lani was so good. things will work out quite quickly I think. So glad Jay is enjoying Kinde, Joshua is doing Auskick too, and is looking forward to it. I didn't buy footy boots thoug, should I have? Antidepressents aren't all that good in my opinion, but I know there is a definite need for some people. I too would think they are not good with alcohol but what can you do? At least he is still going to counselling. Things have settled here, Arron has rec he has things only he can change and I am also trying to change my annoying ways, and he is drinking very little so hopefully we are making a start on a calmer, peaceful, happier family life.

I am going to go and see a gf and her 4 wk bub today. SHe is so hopeless that I didn't find out she'd had the baby till he was 3 wks old. She just forgot to ring me. I can't wait to hold a new babe.

Anyway again GOOD GIRL LANI! Have a great day
    Michelle

Kellee Guest

Wow, lots has happened... again... I am so slow!

Three cheers for Lani... HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY! I hope that this is a trend that continues for you both. I don't claim to understand exactly what you have gone through with your children, Mooshie, but you shouldn't blame yourself for feeling 'bad' about letting Lani cry a little bit, even though it seems 'mean'. I used to feel 'mean' too (sometimes still do) but I think that if you're doing something because it's in the best interest of your child (ie. teaching her to sleep on her own) then you can't possibly be doing a bad thing. You're doing a wonderful job and should be very proud of yourself.

Also... hope Jay (and Joshua too, Mitch) likes Auskick when he starts. My brother played Aussie Rules from the ages of 5 - 17 when he got chronic fatigue. He LOVED it and it was so good for him in so many ways. I'm sure Jay will have a ball (no pun intended!). I hope things with DH improve for you too.

Mitch - a 4 wk old! It's hard to believe that ours were ever that little, huh? What's the bub's name? Glad to hear things are settling down with DH too.

Well, better run. Sorry, no news today. DH is home, which is nice, but other than that, domesticity calls!

Hope you're all well.

mooshie Guest

just popping in quickly to let you know michelle i don't think they really need footy boots - just a little bit of a novelty for jay as a few of his friend's have got them and i seem to be spending a bit of money on clothes for lani and none for jay (he will not wear anything i buy him lol)

i know where jay will be playing most of the kids wear their footy team jumbers shorts socks and boots the whole bit i think they like to think they are a real player. mum is buying jay a hawthorn jumper for his birthday (yuck hate the colours, i am a carlton supporter but jay does have to follow his daddy) at least his favourite player is shane crawford - yummy i could watch him play all day lol.

bye

Thnaks Michelle- Arron said we have to buy the collingwood jumper so I suppose the boot are up there too. Better go and get them this week or next week then.

I LOL at Shane Crawford. He went to Assumption College here in Kilmore and my neighbour was in love with him in high school. I can't stand him, he is so arrogant, but each to their own.

Cheers Michelle

yay for Lani,

dd has pretty much slept through from 6 weeks. I know the nights she did wake and I fed her, I found that she did not feed as well the next day. I think you are doing all the right things. You know your own baby and her cries. I think it is just allowing yourself enough time to listen amd not jump in too soon. Congratulations. Listen to your own intuition.

dd saw the mchn Monday. Weight 7.2kg, length 69.5cm and passed her hearing test. We need to watch her eating though as she will only eat solids if I almost force feed her. She wont open mouth and when she does her tongue goes up stopping the spoon from going in. She said wait another month then refer to speech. Funny she is speeking well for her age and putting everthing in her mouth but her spoon for food. :-s

I am very much improved now although af is stuffing me around. Not sure what to think. length of cycles have been normally 35. Last two are 22 and 12. Any way. better go, lots to catch up on.

Glad to hear you are better Rose, hope AF sorts itself out, that is veryu annoying, esp as you are never prepared when it happens that way.

Kellee- I couldn't believe how little the baby was, his name is Nicholas, and he has heaps of hair. I didn't get a cuddle, gf's mother was there and she held him and gf bfed him and then put him down. I will have to wait till he is better organised. SHe is suffering terribly from sleep deprivation at the moment as he takes an hour to feed and wants another feed 2 hrs after the fed has ended, so she feeds at 12am and gets to sleep at 1am and then wakes at 3am to feed again. I suggested expressing so that her dp can do the 12am feed and she can go to bed after the 9pm feed adn then she would get some sleep. Hope she tries it. it is hard to be so desperate for sleep and as she has a 3yo dd she doesn't get to sleep in the day. Oh, the things you forget, although my kids have never been that hard. It was also hard to believe he was an 8lb baby cos he wasn't big, and then I remembered Jemma didn't really look that big either and she was 8lb 4.5ozs.

Well we went out for tea with MIL, FIL and SIL, I am going to post in the punching bag about stupid SIL. SHe annoys me.

Kids are good, jessica is asleep, Jemma and Josh are stalling and Jordan is prob reading at the moment. I really want to layby the kambrook bagless vac that is advertised on sale at Target, but I am booked for a massage tomorrow at 2pm so I won't get there and back by 2 so I may miss out. I have wanted it for so long and it is $50 off. Oh well!

Goodnight all.
    Michelle

It's oh so quiet around here at the moment, thought I'd come in here and see if I was the only one around. It feels strnge having no posts to read. We are about to head off to the pictures with the kids, should be nice as gf and I are gonna have lunch at the cafe while the big kids what the movie.

Hope everyone is well, I'll check in later to see if I am talking to mysell still LOL
    Michelle

Oh dear I really am the only one in here. I can hear my echo! Had a good day, total entertainment and food for the afternoon was $35 so really cheap cos if I had of went to the movies in town it would have cost about $60.

How are you all? Kellee, Rose, Michelle, jlk, Lara anyone I missed. Hope next week isn't as lonely as the last few days.

Cheers Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I am doing much better. Blood results confirmed mycoplasma which is a type of chest /pnuemonia infection. Numbers are still high but I am feeling better. Still having to take my asthma meds as still noisy in the chest.

Amelia is so cute when feeding from me. When on the r side she puts her left hand(which should be behind me) threads it between my arm/boob amd her face and holds onto my breast. She then holds onto the breast with her other hand and squeezes it like a bottle. She only does this on this side. Sooo cute.

She is almost crawling. Put her on floor without a mat and she decided she was going to attack ds tupperware bus. She had so much fun but ds was frantic she was going to break it.

Glad you had a great day out Michelle. Cheep too.

Mooshie, how is Lani going hope everyone is getting some sleep.

Af still playing tricks on me. We were going to staret ttc in June but if I'm not o then who knows. Not to worry. I would like a May baby so I think that gives us til August anyway.

Have a great w/end everyone.

mooshie Guest

hi michelle

yup i'm here - although i shouldn't be - i tell you about that in a tick.

had a nice day with g/friends and kids went to the pub and they all went feral and had lunch lol - lani was dog tired had 1/2hr nap in her pram (won't sleep any longer than that in pram anymore - too much going on lol) so she was dog tired.

tonight hmmm well i was off to a scrapbooking workshop, as lani was tired i thought great i will get her bathed bottled etc etc a bit earlier so i can get there at around 7.30 instead of 8 - dh has always had a bit of a problem of putting them down when they are babies - he is great when they are older but as babies - it scares him (his words), anyway lani fell asleep on the bottle so i put her to bed and off i went - i had a feeling she would wake as she always wakes around 1/2 hr after she goes down if she gets fed to sleep - she needs to fall asleep on her own (which is a great thing) anyway just about to get started scrapbooking my mobile rings (lani is screaming in the background) dh said what do i do, i said just give her a cuddle and put her back to bed and ring me in 10mins - so i went and did a big order (thankfully i got that in lol) and grabbed some sticker packs i was after, got my cropping mat out and yup ring ring he said he was really sorry he just couldn't settle her, he tried everything so i came home (in a way i was glad cause i wasn't really in the mood and couldn't get inspired iykwim) here is lani sitting on his knee having a grand old time laughing etc, she was quite hot from crying but happy so i said ok missy off to bed for you - (gave her some teething relief and bonjela as her other toothie is on the way) and yup you guessed it straight to sleep. had a bit chat with dh and told him he needs to start maybe one night a week to put her down cause you never know he might not be able to get hold of me one day - he was really apologetic and said he tried for so long but jay was getting worried about his sister crying he thought something was wrong and kept telling dh to ring me, he has not stopped apologising all night - i feel a bit sorry for him but i hope he has learnt a lesson - with my other 2 i always had to have them settled in bed before i went out - he feels comfortable about it when they are around 18mths old, so maybe he has learnt a lesson.

anyway sorry for the epic - now i have got some more supplies i guess i might do some scrapbooking over the weekend.

have a good one everyone

Oh good to hear someone else's voice (iykwim)

Oh Michelle- bugger on not getting much time out. You are right, they do need to practise putting the kids to bed. But bonus at getting more supplies. I hope I get some time this weekend too.

Rose- it won't be long and Amelia will be off and there will be no stopping her. Good luck for ttc again, oh I so remember that and I wiss it, but not too much, the 7 kids today fixed me up. Didn't tell you guys about that , it is in the 12 mth -3yr forum, too tired to rewrite it now. But I thik my family is big enough now thank you very much.

Rose I am glad you are getting better, anything chest related is scary, difficulty breathing is very stressful, and the holding the boob thing sounds gorgeous.

Anyway Arron has booted off over the road to the footy club to see a mate for 20 mins, about 40 mins ago, funny that, I sent him a message about being able to tell the time when he left, I am sure he can't.

Better go
    Michelle

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast