Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 months - 9 months, April '05

spiddles Guest

Hi Girls!! Has been a while!! Have been so busy with everything, havent had a chance to post!!

Liam can sit up on his own but only for about 2 mins. Has given up on crawling and just rolls everywhere and is into everything. Had to buy a new TV unit because he kept ejecting tapes *lol* and is lucky to sleep 3 hours during the day now in total and doesnt seem to want to go to sleep until 9ish. Still only 2 bottom teeth but I think the top ones are coming. So with work and him has been keeping me busy!!

Hope everyone is fine. Looks like I have a fair bit of reading to do.

Kellee Guest

AAAGGGHHH! So many posts again! I don't think I can reply to all that has happened, but I wanted you to know that I am still around, and I have read all your posts. Good to see that you're all still surviving! DH has some time off, so I haven't been on the computer much. I'm going to hate it when he goes back to work - but Charlie and I go away two days after he goes back, so that's something to look forward too.

Will reply to posts later. V. busy few days coming up (belated birthday celebration and other things) but I will do my best.

Hello spiddles... I don't think I've spoken with you before.

Hope all is well with everyone - must dash.

- Kellee.

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

sorry rose i must of seemed very rude last night as i didn't acknowledge your post but i think we were posting at the same time.

bummer about this chesty thing hanging around and af playing tricks - we are well i am lol looking at ttc when lani is around 1 so it maybe september although i want to be careful to avoid a july baby as jessie was born on 24th july.

michelle - haven't read your post in the other forum but will read soon

spiddles - glad to see you back you must be busy phew - liam sounds like he is doing wonderfully. lani finally has her first tooth with her 2nd on the way any day - so it has taken a while after liam considering they were both showing the teething signs at the same time.

kellie - sounds like you have a busy weekend.

my fingers are sweaty it is too hot in melb for april anyway gunna go get a drink.

see yas

Kellee Guest

Hey everyone,

Melbourne? Hot? No way. It's been very up and down in Vic with the weather lately, hasn't it? I'm a bit worried - we're coming down there in about a week to visit family, and I have no idea what to pack! Rest assured, if I pack winter clothes it will be hot, but if I pack summer clothes I will freeze my butt off. Decisions, decisions...

Pleased to hear that you're feeling better, Rose. It must be horrible for you. Hope you get over it soon so that you can start ttc when you want to. It's reassuring for me to hear that there are other mothers who want second children when their first children are so young. I'd love to be pregnant again now! We'll just see what Mother Nature has in store for us. I am a big believer in the theory that things happen when they are supposed to happen, so I will just see how things go.

Mooshie, I have the same problem with the pram thing - Charlie never sleeps for more than 30 minutes in the pram. Bugger, hey? Hope that DH starts to feel more comfortable looking after Lani while she's young... then you can feel free to go out and be the mad keen scrapbooker that you are.

Having a lovely week. It's just as well that DH has time off this week as the glands in my neck are the size of tennis balls and I feel horrible and run down. I had Glandular Fever when I was about 18, so I wonder if it's a minor relapse... I hope not! It's been great having some company through the day. We are both musicians and we tried to practice together yesterday - Charlie was NOT impressed. He can usually handle it when just one of us plays, but when were both playing he's not getting his usual amount of attention. It was quite funny trying to play the piano while he was crawling underneath the stool and holding on to my legs! He'll have to get used to it though - I hardly have a chance to practice as it is, and damned if I'm going to stop altogether... I'll lose my mind!

Anyway, lots to do wihile he's asleep. Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

- Kellee.

Hi Ladies

Just thought i'd say hello, i havn't been in here for a while.

I have finally gotten Isabella into a routine, she wasn't having a sleep in the daytime at all and now she has 2 sleeps a day for about 2hrs, so now i have a bit peace.

How is everyone?

mooshie Guest

hi there all

arhh wrote a post before but looks like it didn't happen ](*,) i will try again

welcome back jlk - great to see that lil Isabella is in a routine makes it so much easier doesn't it, i have touch wood finally got lani back to sleeping through the night well from 7.30pm to around 6ish am with a rollover bottle of formula at around 11pm (which she doesn't wake for)

lani is now b/feed at first feed in morning, and at mid arvo feed then mid morning and before bed are bottles of formula and rollover is a bottle to - i am actually thinking of very soon putting the formula in a cup as i noticed this morning and tonight she was intently watching jay drink his milk from his cup she kept trying to grab at it whilst having her bottle so hopefully she will like it, i will just get a sippy cup for a couple of dollars from coles like jay's and i think she will love it, although don't want to rush it, i may just wait a couple more months.

oh and lani is on the move - not actually all fours crawling but comando backwards mind you - it was funny today to see her come off the carpet onto the tiles she had a great time just bashing the tiles with her hands to hear the noise - oh well looks like i will be busy vacuuming the playroom daily now - as jay looooooves to cut paper and there is bits of s....t everywhere not big bits but little bits, at least he keeps it all in the playroom and not through the rest of the house.

michelle - did you get any scrapbooking done? i just won my very first ebay item it was some creative memories scrapbooking stuff i paid $12.95 and there were a few others going which sold later after mine for $15 so i was quite happy - my first ebay experience lol it was fun - now i'm hooked, golly gosh belly belly and ebay thats it now my days are filled lol (better look at getting unlimited time/downloads - maybe broadband lol)

hope you all had a good weekend

Finally some compasny in here.

Hi JLK-that's great news for you as you need some time out, so good on Isabella.

Hi Spiddles- long time no talk. So glad you are going well and Liam sounds great. Hope you are getting some rest time too and you are not working too many hours.

Hi Kellee- what instruments do you and DH play? Are you in a band? Do you perform and what style of music are you into? Hope that's not too many questions. Charlie better get used to the jam sessions, better teach him an instrument so he can join in. And Melb/Vic has been all over the place weather wise, so better be prepared for all seasons LOL, then you won't freeze.

Hi Michelle- hope you had a good weekend, did you get any sbooking done?

We went and brought the footy jumper boots and socks and it all cost $100, I couldn't believe it. Joshua tried everything on and his Daddy is as proud as punch that his little boy will be starting footy.

We went to Kmart and then the pipeworks market, then Chris and Maries plants in Campbellfield, brought $50 worth of plants, and then Maccas on the way home. Got caught in the disgusting storm on the Hume and it was a terrible drive. Was glad to get home. Dropped into my cousins for awhile while arron went to the another friends to advise on retaining wall building and paving (he should charge moeny for it and make it a businees thing LOL, he spent 8hrs there yesterday and 2 today). The gate blew open in the storm and the dog was out walking when we got home so I had to go looking and luckily it onluy took about 5mins to find him.

Kids are all in bed and thought I'd check out whats happening and then prob head there myself, I am way tired.

Hello to anyone I missed.
    Cheers

Hi Michelle- posting at the same time. No scrapbooking here unfortunately. i am definitely going to do something this week, one night I will set it up and do something. We just had an action packed day and I feel pretty tired, but at least I didn't just sit home cleaning and washing. Arron has done his ankle and I LMAO cos he did it when he nicked off to the pub on Fri night, twisted it as he left. I keep telling him it will all come back to him(karma) and I think he is starting to believe it LOL. Maybe it really is true.

yay for Lani, backward is still getting around so bugger for you, ikwym about the vaccing, I culd do it 3 times a day. Jessica was actually sitting in the kitchen after tea and found Jemmas lamb chjop meat on the floor and she was having a lovely chew on it when I spoiled the party and emptied her mouth. It was a huge chunk so lucky we saw it. She is such a bugger, she goes crazy in the jollly jumper and is standing up on everything she can. It just makes me want to cry! Mum asked when she was going in her own room at night and I said 10.LOL I can't let her go, too hard!

Well done on your ebay purchaase, you can get some wonderful bargains and the adrenalin of a win is very addictive. I will give you our username and shop name so you can look at our stuff on there.

Anyway must fly check some other forums and get off.
    Have a good day tomorrow, Jemma has a HC assessment so we have to be out early.

Michelle

HI, me again!

We went to the HC for Jemmas assessment and she is 89cms and 13.4kgs, well proprtioned and healthy, advanced in lang for her age and hc nurse was surprised/pleased with her toilet traingin. All in all she is a star! Jessica weighed 7.74kg dressed, maybe we can turn the carseat around at 8mths after all, that would be nice, she so hates looking backwards and it is herd to get her in and out.

Not much else happening, visited a gf today and had a cuppa and a chat, came home anc cleaned and washed and have been on here paying bills etc. Life is predictable.

Michelle - do you know there is a vic member thread in the other forum, I think some of the girls are over your way. I haven't seen you there so thought I'd let you know. We are getting quite a few girl in there and we are neck and neck with the NSW ACT girls in terms of pages LOL.

Nobody chats like them girls in the newborn forum, there record follows them wherever they go, they are onto pg 2 already in the first 11 days.

Hope you all had a good day and that your bubs are looking after their mummies.

Best wishes michelle

Kellee Guest

Hey gals,

I'm GLAD that we aren't as fast as the newborn girls... I have trouble keeping up with you all as it is and wouldn't have a chance in there! Where do those girls get all their time is what I want to know!

jlk - Welcome back! Glad to see that Isbella is in a routine. Those few hours must make all the difference. I'm wanting to put Charlie into a proper daytime sleep routine, but I was kind of waiting to see what his natural pattern is. He's not really definite about anything yet, so I just put him to bed when he's tired. He goes to sleep well (and is still sleeping through, thank god!) but his lack of daytime routine makes planning outings difficult. Ah well... will happen one day, I'm sure.

mooshie - Hooray for Lani still sleeping through! That's great that it worked out. You must feel like a new woman with the extra sleep! I love that commando crawling thing - it's so cute. Charlie does the bashing thing too - he's a noisy bugger.

Mitch - I play piano (jazz, mainly) and Dh composes and plays French horn. He's actually applying for a lecturing job in Mackay, so it would be great if that comes off... his current job is not music related, but he needs to keep doing it to pay the bills. Hopefully he gets to work full time in music soon, but there aren't many jobs around, unfortunately. Joshua must look soooo cute in his footy gear. Good to see that your girls are both 'stars'. :-) Jessica will love the view when you turn the seat around... I hope I didn't do the wrong thing as I turned Charlie's seat around about 3 months ago, but I made sure he was holding his neck well and sitting up properly before we did. I suppose we just 'know' when they're ready... I hope! I'm worried now that I did it too soon... oh well, what's done is done. He's happy.

We had a very tired and grumpy boy on our hands today. Not sure why. Maybe teeth? That's always the first though, isn't it? I'm sure we'll find out in a day or two if that's what it was. Just a nice day at home... although I have been getting these crazy dizzy spells and have been exhausted. I suspect it's got something to do with blood pressure though because that runs in the family. Hopefully it stops soon... it actually prevents me from doing a whole lot. I couldn't go to the gym or go for a walk today because I was scared I was going to fall over! I'm sure it will be fine.

Anyway, bedtime. Hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow (Tuesday).

Cheers,

- Kellee.

Hi Girls,
    Very tired here. Ds & dd decided they were going to cry most of the arvo when they were ment to be sleeping. Needless to say they went straught to sleep tonight. Yay.

As for ttc, this will be #3 and we had 21mths btwn the first two which was great for us. They are best of friends. So we thought we would try it again. I don't mind them close as I am used to caring for multiple babies as I am a child carer who runs a babies room at a ccc. (Not working atm)
    I just found the first few weeks hard while my body was recovering. The rest just flows. We have our days but then everyone does.

Enough of that. Hope everyone has had a great day. Sorry no personals tonight.

mooshie Guest

hi gals

michelle - great that jemma is doing well with her development - i hope that i can get lani toilet trained that earlier - with jessie she was 3 (but i was a bit slack at doing it as i didn't want to push her whilst pg i felt she was too young) jay was 3 1/2 tried when he was 2 1/2 but finally got it down pat with no accidents at all from 3 1/2 onwards and he is trained day and night thankfully (a little cheaper now - although he collect spiderman jocks lol) will be interesting to see how old lani will be when her car seat turns around she is so little bit like your jessica, lani's next appt is not till 8mths so it is on around 15th may.

kellee - i have found this last week lani and her day sleeps have been excellent morning one around 2hrs and afternoon one around 3hrs - having said that i have been able to be at home for them rather than in and out doing kinder drop offs and pick ups. Also apparently it is recommend that you turn car seat around when child reaches 8kg and/or i think 70cms in length, although i know heaps of people who have done it earlier as their bubs just would cry the whole time facing backwards - lani used to scream in the car until she was around 2mths old (when i had the bright idea to sit ds next to her and also put window sox on the windows) she loves the car now. my son would love it at your place he adores music - spends most of the day either kicking a footy or playing his electric guitar (australian idol toy one) and singing into his microphone he does a great rendition of we will rock you and the matchbox 20 song can't remember the real name but he calls it baby baby - he is pretty good to and gets all the words down pat.

rose - i had 21mths between jess and jay and i did not have a problem whatsover they were great friends (sigh i wish it was still to be) and jay has such a strong connection with his sister - he knows she is in heaven watching over us and quite often he talks about her and says that she lives on in our hearts.

that just reminded me on how innocent children can be - he was watching the pope's funeral the other night and he was asking dh what was in the "box" dh said that is the pope he is going to heaven - jay said is jessie in the box with him, and who takes them up to heaven - arhh the questions but we just answer them as honestly as we can and also age appropriate. on another note about the pope, my g/friends and i were talking the other day how it was a bit much having photos plastered over the tv and newspaper of the pope just laying there, and cause he was dressed all in red my g/friends son saw it and said oh no thats not santa clause is it - santa isn't dead lol.

what an epic - wasn't going to be one ah well that's me - i do check out the vic forum michelle - i guess i will get around to posting one day.

anyways goodnight

HI girls

Kellee- the seat info Michelle gave is what I go by too. I am a bit of a stickler for the rules so I will wait until she is the right weight, but it is painful. The music job for Dh sounds great hope he gets it! And Josh is cute in his footy gear.

Michelle- I normally haven't fussed with toilet training until after 2 and a half but Jemma did herself so I had no choice. LOL Glad lani is being good for you, the sleep must feel good!
    I had to laugh about the dead santa comment, although it's not really funny, I was surprised that they had him laid out like that, I guess I assumed he would be put in a coffin and that would be that, but I know nothing of religion.
    Being as honsest as you can with Jay is all you can do, and the innocence of kids means they will ask what they want to know.

Rose- there is 18mths bt Jemma and Jessica, the only time it was really tough was when I had Josh home too cos he was in kinder and getting 3 kids in and out twice in 3 hrs was a pain, but it is lovely having them close, my others are 5 yrs and then 3 and a half yrs apart. We still enjoyed them and got loads of quality time for each child but it is tougher in some ways. I wouldn't change it though, I don't know if we would have had 4 if they were all 18mths apart cos that would be really tough. Hope it happens quickly for you and works out the way you want it to.

I will pop in later as nothing much happening here, just kids being sent to their pigsty rooms to clean up cos we are so sick of them, Josh is doing no cleaning just playing and he isn't coming out until it's done so I would say he will be there all day and night.

Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi there

michelle - i too had to laugh about the dead santa comment - a bit cute eh - i thought it was a bit much having him plastered all over the papers and the telly like that - oh well.

not much happening here today, went shopping and picked up a sleeping bag for lani from big w they have heaps - i got a light windcheater type one so she can still wear her flanelette pj's underneath and not be to hot.

lani slept from 7.30pm to 7am this morning \/ with the rollover feed at 11pm, she seems to know i am coming in at that time with a bottle cause she gets all excited. oh and last night i tried something different with her vegies, cause she was getting a bit bored with them i feel (and she has a mixture of everything lol) i put a bit of grated cheese on them and she gobbled up 4 ice cubes of them plus had a whole pear and followed by a milk arrowroot bikkie whilst we ate our dinner - this is great cause she just sits in the highchair now and munches on her bikkie and it keeps her quiet and amused the whole time - but she gets sooo messy lol have to wash her hair now every night.

she bopped her head on the tiles yesterday poor lovey she was playing on her play gym and did her commando backward crawl over to the tiles so she could bang on them well she was getting a bit tired and banged her head face down on the tiles - she screamed and jay ran into the other room lol (he hates it when she cries like that - he knows she has hurt herself and gets quite worried lol) she was fine though a quick cuddle and back to it.

lovely day today, just mopped the floors but the wet washing is begging to be hung out ah well better go and do it.

see ya

Mooshie poor Lani. Though its amazing how quickly they move on. We would sook for ages! I can't believe Lani eats arrowroot bikkies. Or am I just to slow with Alana? I'm never sure what and when to give Alana things. I gave her a teething rusk yesterday, but stressed that she would choke on it. I sat next to her the whole time.

Michelle I'm abit of a stickler withe the rules too. We were actually told by the guys who put our carseat in that babies should be turned around at 12kg or 12 months, which ever comes first. I don't know, we will have to see, maybe 8 months would be ok.

Not much happening here. Alana is well, except for the 5am wake ups!ARGHHHHH! Thank goodness it was Frank's day off and he was able to get up to her, as I had to go to work. Hopefully that doesn't last to long.

How does everyone else work the feed solids play sleep routine for the day? Alana is awake more through the day and I think she may only need two sleeps instead of three.

mooshie Guest

hi guys

lara - lani is half formula and half boobie her routine is now a bit like this when it works lol

awake at 7am or before lol breastfeed

solids of cereal at around 8

sleep 9am till 11am if we are home or at least 1hr if we are going out

bottle of formula around 11am

lunch of solids - fruits or custard plus water

if we are out and about she will nap in the pram i try and stretch her out till around 2 to 2.30pm then i give her a breastfeed and sleep till hopefully around 5

5.30 solids - dinner vegies, water, at the moment really ripe pear cut up and her bikkie to keep her amused lol (i am always there and she hasn't gagged on it just sort of gets it really soggy lol)

6.30 bath

7pm bottle of formula whilst watching home and away - then story

7.30pm sleep

11pm rollover feed of bottle of formula

sometimes if she goes for an arvo nap between 1pm and around 3pm i give her a power nap at 4.30pm and wake her at 5.15pm so she is not so cranky at dinner time.

this seems to be working really well lately touch wood.

anyways i am off to the movies with the girls [-o< no phone calls from dh that little miss is awake and he can't settle her.

gotta go and get dressed see ya's

HI girls

Michelle- have a great time at the movies. Ouchy for Lani's face but yeah they get over it very quickly! Jay is very sensitive, reminds me of Josh. Although at the moment he is being a little ****, just annoying Jemma every chance he gets. I think 2 wks holidays is too much.

Lara- check the booklet for your seat, it should tell you the weight for ea position. How are you coping with work? How is Alana going?
    Our routine is sort of like this:
    Bottle 7am, weebix about 9am, should be earlier though as she is sort of sooky by then,, bned about 11or 11.30, bottle when she wakes at about 12.30-1pm, another bottle at about 4-4.30, dinner with us about 6-6.30, maybe a quick sleep, then play till bed at 8.-8.30pm she takes her bottle to bed with her and cries when she is finished, then I give her a dummy and she is out in a flash.
    With my first I wouldn't have given things like bikkies rusks at 6 months cos I was way nervous but Jessica has toast and I just watch her.

My comp is being so painful, typing delay and all, seems like it will freeze, so I am going to shut down and start agin, or I may just go crazy
    Cheers Michelle

spiddles Guest

Hi Girls...Its so good to see everyone is well!! I dont think I have spoken to you b4 Kellee so nice to meet you!!

Liam for the last 2 night hsd been going down at 6:30 and waking at 6:30 the next morning with maybe 2 hours sleep if that during the day YAY!! (very much like Lani) and has been feeding really well on solids and actually opening his mouth and I'm not fighting with him after 3 spoonfulls to eat more. Hope this lasts!! because the last few days b4 had been waking at 5 and play for an hour and back to sleep aroun 4 - 4:30. Really need to start child proofing everything as even though not crawling is rolling everywhere and pulling on things and chewing EVERYTHING!! He grabed a branch off the tree in the front lawn while in his pram yesterday nearly had it in his mouth but caught him in time. I have put some new pics on his website from easter.

How did Jemma endup going with her wrist Michelle??? hope all went well!!

My routine changes from day to day have like 3-4 ifferent ones per weekQ!! Depends what shift I am on or if I am home looking after hm or its daddy's day!! No wonder he is so confused!!! I still try and giver him soilds, bath, read a book bottle then bed every night starting anyweher from 5:30 - 7 depend on shift.

My birthday is on Sunday!! YAY!! am going out to lunch with my family and my mum is shouting (well not drinks anyways () She won $1000 in take 5 a few months ago so its her treat!! She already bought me some new clothes. My diet has been on the backburner lately been too busy and not enough time to exercise so I kinda needed new clothes for winter size 16. Even though have a whole wardorbe that ranges from 8-16 and maternity wear!!

Anyhows a better get some sleep!! Take care guys!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast