Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, June '05

Dach its something new. Your not going crazy!

PMSL at Dash and her dishes....infinite wisdom is an amazing thing, Oh well now you can go buy a gorgeous new dinner set.

Well done on being a mod Lara, good on you!

Hi everyone, gotta take all 4 treasures to Coles to buy food for dinner so see ya after
    Michelle

mooshie Guest

back again nothing on the telly hmmm

lara - congrats on being a moderator wtg girl

dachlostar - forgot to mention in my last post re your plates lol, brought back memories from long ago, i was probably around 12yrs old and i remember mum complaining one night how no one ever helps her doing the dishes, my brother and i always fought about whose turn it was and i guess she just did them herself to keep the peace and dad would just sit there reading the paper or whatever, anyway this particular night my dad said without looking up from his paper in a joking way well through them out in the backyard and hose them down lol. so mum just picked all her plates up and threw them out the back door - a whole dinnerset smashed to pieces was sooooooooo funny, dad ended up going out to buy her a really nice new dinner set and guess what he did the dishes every night after that and still does now that was well over 20 yrs ago. i will never forget it and it always gets brought up at family gatherings lol.

goodnight all - off to check the other posts

Michelle- WTG your Mum, and good on your Dad for fixing it LOL. Isn't it funny the things you remember so well!

Am being bored here cos no Arron to say, are you getting off there. I am tired though, think I'll finish up here soon and try to sit, and eat the chippies I brought myself, and drink a cruiser, and prob fall asleep LOL.

Have an early morning with Netball tomorrow and another on Sunday with Auskick, still debating on asking Josh's friends MUm to take him for me, but I don't want to impose IYKWIM. What do you think, it is his best little mate and his mum and I get on well!

Anyway hope you have a good weekend.
    Best wishes Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi michelle

yeah i think i would ask josh's friends mum to help you out, the boys will probably love it and am sure the mum would only be to happy to help. i think i will take jay to auskick in the morning and leave lani home with dh - i guess i too better go to bed 11pm now, have just given lani her bottle but she hardly drank any so tommorrow night i might not bother if she sleeps okay tonight.

have a good weekend being a batchelour lol

HI girls
    Michelle- I didn't ask the friend after all, I guess I feel like it is my responsibility, and I know it annoys me when Arron is looking after the kids and gets people to look after them, so we all need to leave the house at 8.30am, it is sort of silly but too late now.

hope your weekedn is going well and that Jays arm is better. I jammed Josh's hand in the car door the other day, lucky for him it was the front door and there is a sort of cavity so it really only hurt his knuckles a little, it's not swollen or sore anymore so that's good.

Cheers Michelle

Well we are of to see Alana's paed tomorrow. Not concerned. He will be pleased with the way she is going. Will also speak to her dietician and see about starting her on meat. Hopefully its not to much of a drama to start her on it.

Alana had been constipated for two days, poor dear. Anyway she's making up for it today. Three poos already and they stink. Not good.

Hope everyone is well.

Alana's Paed appointment went well. She is now in the 50th percentile (up from the 10th). Couldn't be happier.

We also asked about the crawling and he said not to worry. On average its 9 months, so he said she is doing fine. Also asked the physio and she said the same thing. So I'm not going to worry about it. But I hate maternal health!!!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing great!!

Lara- terrific news for Alana and Grrr at MCHN, worrying you for nothing. My eldest 2 commando crawled from 7 mths but really didn't crawl properly until 9mths. I say enjoy it while it lasts, cos she may not crawl for long and then she may just walk.

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.
    Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi all

lara - fantastic appt for alana, great weight gain and also another grr from me to silly mchn re crawling fair dinkum some of those women are useless lol, with having 3 children since 1998 i think we have had around 6 mchn at our centre and out of them one 1 was decent, didn't carry on about them not drinking milk from a cup, having too many bottles blah blah blah blah blah i just agree with them now and don't tell em the stuff eg do they have a dummy (i say nope) etc i just say what they want to hear lol.

jay has had a rotten cold since thursday temp of 39 and stuffy nose and really nasty cough, do you think he will sit and rest, nope so i just put heaps of vicks on him and load him up on demazin heaps of clothes then let him sweat it out lol, he is alot better now but i think lani is coming down with it, poor little mite is really tired and runny nose and a slight fever so have given her panadol, plus she is cutting 4 teeth at once poor little mite is not a happy girl but she still manages a little giggle. i have got the vapouriser out so i will set that up tonight to keep her clear so she finds it easier to breathe. also a plus i got the infant demazin and you can use it for children from 1mth to 6yrs so hooray lani and jay can have the same medicine, makes it a bit cheaper.

anyway i am off to do my coles on line as am going out with the girls tonight for coffee and cake (lots) yum

oh and a big woo hoo for lani - i have not given her a rollover bottle at night from 3 nights now and she has still slept through till 7.30am hooray my little girl has figured it all out lol, she is great to she wakes up chatting not crying, i have been lucky all 3 have been happy wakers but lani even more so i can get her up and put her straight down if i need to and she doesn't cry whereas the others were happy when they woke but needed a bit of a cuddle for 5mins before playing.

well enough from me, heaps to do whilst lani is asleep

have a good night

Yay for Lani! What a good girl! Mum must be thrilled, now she can go to bed earlier LOL!

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well.

Lara, woohoo for the fantastic weight gain. I'm glad the pysio and paed set your mind at rest about the crawling. Are you going to be starting on meat. I'm a bit nervous about starting meat. The vege poos are way too stinky for my liking and the meaty ones just seem scary.

Michelle, its wondefull to hear that Lani is sleeping so well. It gives me some hope. I wish she could share some sleeping tips with Yasin. I hope that her teeth don't give her too much grief. Poor little Jay, between his arm and the cold it really sounds like he's in the wars. I hope he feels better soon, colds are no fun. Yasin and I both have one and we felt awful but we're on the mend now. Yasin has snot hanging out his nose constantly. I wipe it and it reappears in minutes, every time anyone picks him up he snots on them. He was blowing snotty bubbles yesterday. It was kind of funny in a really gross way. I tried using the suckky bulb thing but he hated it and when he cried the snot factor was worse so I gave up on it. One of my friends husbands once sucked snot with his mouth :feelsick: :feelsick: but I don't think things have reached that point yet.

Yasin went to his first footy game on saturday. He slept through most of it (I wish he slept so well at home!!) and woke up for the last 15 minutes. He really seemed to enjoy all the excitement. He bounced up and down and shouted like a crazy baby everytime anyone started cheering.

mooshie Guest

hi there everyone

gee it is quiet in here without michelle and kellee lol - i am off to next forum next week so can imagine it will be even quieter lol - there will be others coming in here tho soon.

dachlostar - colds are just terrible aren't they poor bubbies, i put a steam vapouriser in lani's room and it helps with the snuffles, just gotta make sure i leave a window open a little as the condensation that builds up can make the walls and blinds etc all wet. i haven't given lani any demazin yet (i have the infant drops as they can be used up till age 6 which is great - jay has been on them for 1 wk but he is over it now - just a really terrible cough) lani has snot everywhere but not green which is good so am just treating her with the vapouriser - baby balsam (on the feet then socks on - don't ask why but it seems to work) and baby balsam on her singlet then panadol and teething relief and bonjela for the sore gums - as i mentioned she is cutting four teeth at once so she is well and truly dosed up - she slept fine last night thankfully but has been cranky off and on today and just wants to be cuddled ah well thats why were mum's lol.

lani's 3rd tooth is through i can just feel the point (the other 3 are verrrrrrryy close) and jay lost his 2nd tooth today as well, how bizarre, lani cut her 2nd tooth when jay lost his first tooth and she cut her 3rd when he lost his 2nd. have just sms'd dh to make sure he has a couple of $1 coins for the tooth fairy's visit tonight - gollly i am so tired i hope i don't forget. i am looking forward to going to bed early and reading a trashy magazine something i haven't done since before lani was born - due to her rollover feeds.

well i am off to check out the other forums - have a great night all

mooshie Guest

hi there everyone/anyone lol

where are you all helllllllloooooooo 8-[

hope you are all busy and not having cranky babies lol.

lani is very miserable on top of everything in the last few days cold/teething etc i would not be surprised if she has got tonsilitis (sp?) off to gp tommorrow morning, she has been so sad today no smiling and just screaming in pain not drinking bottles and very little solids, when she burps after her bottle she screams in pain so i am guessing sore throat - who knows we will find out. she has a slight temp but not to high so am giving her panadol.

i think i will give her a half bottle tonight before i go to bed, as i want to make sure she keeps up the fluids also got her water ready etc so i am prepared for a sleepless night lol. she went down okay but looks so sad.

i hate it when they are not well.

anyway amazing race is starting - chat to you all soon

Colleen Guest

Forum Name: MummyLovesJaykob
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 15th December 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Jaykob
    Baby's Website: in my signature
    Health Concerns: n/a
    Notes: 10 days early ( dd was xmas day) c-sec
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Hi Just sticking my head in coz i'll be in here soon... Thought Id be one step ahead and prepared LOL

:smt039

Hi everyone, its quiet in here isn't it.
    DH is at the gym with his brother so I can use the computer without getting hassled. I should probably be in bed instead trying to get some sleep.
    We've just put our flat on the market and we have a real estate agent turning up to take photos tomorrow so I have to get the place spotless in the next day or two. It seems so pointless to spring-clean when we're about to leave anyway.
    What toys do all the little ones like? Yasin keeps ignoring all his toys and trying to play with mine. I'm beginning to think that the labels on the toys are a bit ambitious. He seems a bit puzzled by most of the 6m+ toys he has. I bought him a new ball tonight and a little yellow push car. He likes his cloth ball so I'm hoping he'll like a rollier plastic ball.

Poor little Lani, I hope she feels better soon and the Dr can do something about those tonsils. The Amazing Race was good tonight. I was so glad that that guy got eliminated, his attitude towards the old couple was so nasty and condescending that I really wanted them to beat him.

MummyLovesJaykob, welcome to the our little group. I saw you were asking about juice in the other forum. I give the baby poppers to Yasin. I just started a few days ago because he has a cold and it has lots of vitamin C in it (you could probably save money by diluting full strength juice). He has been having problems with getting water out of his sippy cup and he seems to find the straw much easier. I hold it for him and he manages to swallow most of it. I tried letting him hold one and he squeezed it all over himself. I only let him have one a day and once this cold clears up I'll put him back on water because I think its better for thier teeth and I worry that if he's accustomed to juice he'll refuse water. I just bought a new sippy cup with no valve and I'm hoping he finds it easier to work with. I wanted one with a straw but all the baby cups with straws were too big for him to hold and didn't have handles.

mooshie Guest

morning all

welcome to mummylovesjacob - i will be in the next forum from the 15th so sad am i lol.

dachlostar - good luck with selling your unit, i hated it when we sold our house my dd was 2 1/2yrs old and my ds was 4mths old so i got a cleaner in to do a huge clean up with the plan that i could just do a quick once over each day till the house sold, luckily for us we got the price we wanted and were able to rent off the buyer whilst we built our new house - all this from the first buyer and within 24hrs so it was great not having to worry about having a spotless house for inspections etc.

have you tried those golden circle 50/50 juices they are 50% purified water and 50% juice, they are in the baby section and come in 1 litre containers or 6 little pop ups with straws - my ds who is 5 still drinks them - 1 a day and has never had full strength juice, i tried lani but she can't suck from a straw. i have a mag mag from my first dd and found they are great to use as a straw cup, at the moment lani has a pigeon cup with a valve so she doesn't spill it when we are out and about but i take the valve off when she is in her highchair, she loves her cup and the handles are thing and easy for her to get a grip off.

took lani to gp this morning good news is no sign of tonsilitis just a very sore red throat so no need for antibiotics. she is sooooo miserable i can't put her down she just wants cuddles. she woke up at 1am this morning with a 39 temp so i gave her panadol then she woke again at 4.30am so bought her into bed with us. at 7am her temp was 39 again so i gave her some more panadol and put her back in her cot then had to wake her at 8.30am to take to docs she is back down now, hopefully she will be better in a day or too. she has also cut 2 teeth this week now so she is not a happy camper and she definately does not tolerate pain well at all - ohh and she is constipated (she has been constipated with every tooth that comes through weird lol) gosh we are only at the start of winter, oh well it all builds up their immune systems i guess. it definately came from ds, but he was okay with it still running around etc so hopefully she will be better tommorrow, i am feeling a little off colour so i guess i will be next lol, as long as dh doesn't get it - he is the worst patient lol.

anyway we have family coming over tommorrow - my bil and his family they have not seen lani at all as a matter of fact we haven't seen them for around 2 or 3 yrs, they don't live far either - but we have given up the going over to their place and ringing them etc as they never do it in return, thats all i need 2 drunks oh make that 3 including dh and rugrats running around all day when lani isn't well - i might send them all outside lol and me and lani will lay down all day.

hope you are all well take care

Hi there

Michelle, sorry Lani is sick. I hope she gets better soon, I hate it when mine get sick. A few weeks ago Grace got a snotty nose and couldn't sleep because she couldn't breath through her nose. I am hoping they won't get any winter bugs but I think that is wishful thinking.

Grace has started crawling normally now and she has used her increased mobility to explore the house. She tries to follow me around now too.
    She can sit up by herself now too, in the last weeks she has become stronger in her back and doesn't flop anymore.

Dachlostar - Grace seems to like playing with Harry's toys. She goes into his room with him and plays with his matchbox cars and pulls books off his bookshelf. She loves his elmo toy too. She has a fisher price kick and whirl carnival which is in the lounge room and that keeps entertained for ages too. It plays music and has spinning balls and lights. She pulls herself up on it and bops, it is so cute.

We had an interesting weekend - my BIL, DH's youngest brother, came out of the closet. Or I should say, his mum told us for him. Apparently the ILs have known for a while, but they think he is just "confused". They are in denial. MIL actually thinks he might have some relationships with men then decide he actually likes women after all. I sincerely doubt it. FIL just keeps telling crass gay jokes. He is a jokey person and Stephen says that is how he deals with things that make him uncomfortable. Hmmm.
    I am sure with time they will get used to it. We are fine with it, whatever makes him happy.

Anyway, better get off here a cranky baby needs attention!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast