Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, June '05

lilyd Guest

Hi Ladies,

Firstly thanks for the welcome

Lily is about to be baptised, in 2 weeks, although I just had a run-in with the priest (yes I shall be struck down any second) #-o . I mentioned to him that friends and family would be coming to the full mass and not just be turning up at the last minute, be baptised and then leave, which you think he would be pleased about, but no, he said "this is not just your own personal social event" (and he wonders why more people are leaving the church!). Never mind, we are looking forward to it all the same.

Lily is having teething problems atm. She got her 2 bottom teeth through right on 5 months old and she had 4 top teeth come through all this week, poor little might, she must take after DH, he was born with 2 full sets of baby teeth and had them all removed when he was only 5 months old ! My poor darling girl wants to be happy but she is miserable.

Michelle - Hope Lani is better, it's horrible when they are in pain and you can't help them, just lots of extra cuddles and "patience".

Hope everyone has a good "long weekend".
    Kylie

mooshie Guest

hi there again

bon - hooray for grace crawling on all fours - lani has been commando crawling since 7mths and goes really quick all around the house she stops and gets on all fours but decides it is quicker to commando or slug as we call it here lol. on the sitting - after my mchn told me they need to crawl before they can sit i haven't been putting lani in a sitting position on the floor, a few days ago i gave it a go and she sat there for at least 10mins adn was fine so i guess i might do it more often. i still can't work out why they say crawl before sitting you would of thought the other way round who knows lol after 3 kids i still get confused sometimes - it is true mummy mush brain lol

lily - wow on the teeth my ds had his first teeth at 12wks and i remember him cutting 8 in one mth prior to his 1st birthday, he had all is teeth by the time he was 18mths old including his molars and honestly you wouldn't have known he was getting them, with lani it is a completely different story - she has 3 teeth now with (2 bottom 1 top) the other top and another 2 bottom are coming through still.

lani is still very feverish her temp is between 38 and 39 if it goes higher tonight and i can't get it down i think we may zip up to the hospital - she has been awake for a total of 3hrs all day today, poor little mite, this virus is a shocker, on top of the teething this week and not to mention when she teethes she gets constipated, i really feel for her, my ds sits there and strokes her forehead bless him. i think i may be coming down with it, my legs are all achey and my nose is runny ah well share it around i guess.

my bil and his tribe are coming tommorrow (haven't seen them in nearly 2yrs and they don't live that far away probably 1hr drive max) anyway he knows lani is not well and he said i don't sound to good and then asks if they can all camp at our house for the night WTF he only wants to get ****ed i didn't know what to say, i said talk to dh tommorrow - my dh has to work sunday morning to so to have a house full of people here all drunk and sprawled out on the floor is not my idea of fun anymore lol. hopefully dh is strong enough to say to them if they don't want to drive home then get a motel - stuff em i don't need that atm.

anyway i might jump into bed and try and get a good nights sleep in case lani wakes a bit.

night all

hi everyone,
    DH is busy with an essay so I've got some uninterupted internet time.

Bon, yay for Grace crawling - lol at her following you, Yasin does that and its so cute and sweet having a teeny little shadow - it makes me feel so loved lol.

Michelle, I hope that your in-laws aren't too inconsiderate and infuriating. Its the last thing you need with a sick baby and when you're not feeling too good yourself. I really hope you don't come down with the virus. Looking after a sickie and being ill yourself is a tough call. The golden circle juices are the ones I buy. I tried a bit of Yasin's left over and it was pretty yummy.

Kylie, what a silly priest, I'm sure that you'll enjoy yourself despite him. WOW at 4 teeth coming through at once, that sounds really ouchie. Maybe its good to get them all out of the way at once.

Yasin started trying to pull himself up today!!!! I told the cheeky monkey not to but he didn't listen when I asked him not to get crawling so I'm sure he'll ignore me again. So far he can only kneel but I'm sure he'll figure the rest out far too soon. He gave himself (and me) a big fright today when he knelt up in front of the stereo and gave the volume knob a twiddle.
    I might go and harrass DH to make up for all times he distracted me when I was trying to write essays. I'm thinking of going back to uni next year and doing a bit of post-grad work or maybe getting a part-time job. I'm beginning to feel like I need to get out more. Maybe I should just make some more friends or go to a playgroup.

Hello girls, so sorry I've been absent. I was so mad when my post seemingly didn't make it and then the second one also got the debug and I was SPEWING. Glad to see that both posts did make it.

Michelle (mooshie) - I was against the christening. I don't believe in organised religion and I am not sure whether I believe in God (I want to but certain things make me wonder, like your DD - if there was one, why would he let those horrible things happen?) Anyway.. don't want to get into it too much but in the end I realised it would make both grandmothers very happy and it's just a bit of water ... it's not like circumcision (which I did insist would not happen - DH wanted it).

Dachlostar, I had to laugh so so much about your tantrum. That sounds like something I'd do. (and lol on your mom Michelle). Well, I can tell you, if I did that DH would just switch to paper/plastic plates... oh, but I did threaten him with divorce the other day and when I came back from my long walk, he had done the vacuuming... why do we have to take such drastic measures to make our husbands realise that they can't just treat us like servants????

We went to pick up the tickets for the confederation cup game next weekend (argentinia vs. australia) today. We got stuck in bad traffic and Wolf was basically SCREAMING for 2 hours... not fun... and all because DHL was too stupid to find our place... arrrg... We are doing a huge road trip so we couldn't have them re-delievered as we will be away from Sunday. I hope Wolf won't scream all the time on that (though we'll try to do most of the driving at night, when he's asleep anyways).

I got tickets for the Tori Amos concert in 10 days. I am soooooooo excited. She's my absolute favourite artist. It's my birthdaypresent to myself (and DH will babysit). I am going with the girl who was in the hospital room with me (lucky coincidence she likes Tori as well).... okay.. absolutely not related to babies, but am soooooo excited!

re. the drinking. Wolf is too stupid to drink from a sippy cup or a normal cup or a straw... have tried it several times but he just doesn't get it... ... he prefers to play with it (and squirt it all over the place) ](*,)

I just heard from my mom that a family friend's child is not only spastic and epileptic but also deaf... gawd.. that makes you realise how lucky we are to have healthy children... The boy is 1.5 years now and still can't sit. I feel so sorry for the girl... there is something that caused it but they are not speaking about it openly.

well, better get going before this post goes over 2 pages...

Snowy

mooshie Guest

hi girls

well as you can see by me being on bb our inlaws have been and gone which is good, nice to catch up but sleeping over would have been a bit much. lani is still not 100% and slept for most of the day (her breathe stinks - sure sign of a sore throat) her fever has gone but she is mega clingy, have all the trashy magazines out, so when she is awake i jsut sit down and read woman's day to her lol.

snowgirl - good to see you back, that is terrible about the friend with the child with all the problems (arhh sometimes life is so hard) and i to hate those debug messages. wolf is not stupid for not drinking out of the cup, just perservere and he will get there, lani has been drinking water out of a cup since around february but she watches jay like a hawk so picks alot up from him.

dachlostar - omg at yasin what a cheeky little monkey he is not listening to his mummy lol. i see you have been posting a few recepies i think i might give them a go they sound yummy - always on the lookout for new ideas.

bonw - forgot to mention in my last post lani got the kick and whirl carnival from santa and i found she didn't really take to it but since we put it into the other mode (the toddler way i think) she plays with it a bit more blimey the batteries that goes through is unbelievable, jay also got a leapstar for his birthday and that has batteries and i reckon we are lucky if they last 1 wk. time to invest in rechargables i think. jay had the fisher price twirlin whirlin garden and i think that was great it had heaps of use from the time he was sitting up until he was around 2 and 1/2 yrs old, i stored it away and forgot to take batteries out, and they leaked all over it and the battery compartment got all wrecked so had to throw it out, i might even see if i can get one from ebay we will see.

well i am off to look for some answers - lani has started rolling at night arhh i have been up around 6 times in 1/2 hr flipping her back over, she rolls onto her tummy and her legs hang out the bars of the cot and she is to tired/sick to roll herself back over, i have rolled up a couple of hand towels and put beside her hopefully that may solve the problem, i am sure i saw a post a while back about this problem.

gosh i can talk, my fingers go so quick and i just type like a woman possessed lol, hence why i never seem to use capitals or punctuate properly sorry for that.

night all

Hi everyone,
    Michelle, I hope you get Lani's cot/sleeping issue sorted soon. I can soooo sympathise. Yasin's nose is full of snot and he woke me up about a billion times last night. DH slept through most of it :roll:. I'm glad your IL's didn't sleep over and annoy you. Some people are much better in small doses.
    I haven't read a trashy mag in ages. DH gets all snooty when I buy them so I have to read them at the gym and the Drs. Since I hardly ever go to the gym now I'm totally out of touch with the celebrity gossip.

Snowy, I was wondering where you were, its good to see you back. It sounds like you have lots of fun coming up. I think Tori Amos is fab. Yasin makes a bit of a mess with his cup too. The first one he had was a tommee tippee with a valve. Because of the valve it didn't leak when he shook it about and so on but it was lots harder to drink from because he had to hold it in the right position and then suck it the right way. The valveless cup he has now is easier for him to use but much more drippy because it has no valve. With the poppers I have to hold it or he wastes it all and makes a big mess.
    re the christenings obviously being Muslim we don't have them but I'm always amazed that Christains believe in God because to me it seems that christainity doesn't offer any answers to most of the really obvious questions. I like Christians because they are so keen on saving people. It cracks me up when they come and knock on the door. DH always invites them in for tea and tries to convert them #-o :roll:

We might have a buyer for our home. they looked round this morning and the agent rang back thisafternoon to say they'd made an offer and he wants to discuss it tomorrow. The fact that he didn't tell us the offer straight away makes me wonder if its going to be too low. Luckily we're not in a hurry so we can afford to reject it and wait for a better price.
    Yasin stood up today on his own :shock: :shock: :shock: . He was leaning on the balcony window and just pulled himself up!!!! Then he fell on his bum and got a fright and sooked so maybe he'll stick to kneeling for a while .
    We have to go to a picnic with DH's family tomorrow. I shall pray for rain tonight!!!! :-#

Yeah on Yasin standing up!! I sometimes put Wolf upright against things and he will hang on for a while and he really enjoys the new perspective (favourite place to do this is my couch, cause when he loses interest/balance, he will just plop back on the couch).
    lol on DH trying to convert people who try to convert you... sounds like my brother, he always does that to the Mormones who seem to be sent out from the US in droves to convert people in Europe (yeah, like I'd ever consider signing up to a religion where a man can have several wives... dream on...). I hate that - it's so obnoxious! Religion is a funny thing, isn't it?! I think everyone should just believe what they want to believe and what makes them happy - it's so terrible to think that wars have been fought for centuries, trying to force other people to buy in to your believe system.
    I don't believe in any kind of organised religion. I actually don't know what I believe in ... but I definitely believe that no religion out there has got it right, because all of them have been created by men, which makes them flawed.

Oh... I better shut up before this posts becomes just about religion...

Michelle, I was just kidding... of course I don't think my child is stupid. Wolf is of course incredibly gifted 8-[ ... but when it comes to drinking from anything but the boob or the bottle ... such a disaster!! I am sure he will get the hang of it eventually...
    Oh, I can relate to the rolling at night thingie. When Wolf started that, it made bed time a lot harder! He would roll in his sleep in the beginning and then wake up because he was stuck on his tummy. It got better when he managed to roll around fully in his sleep, but still when I put him to bed now, he will roll onto his belly and get up on all fours and rock back and forth and cry and sometimes also his feet get stuck between the bars because he roams around too much ... very frustrating... but that is just when I put him to bed. At night, he will sleep on his belly now or on his side, no problems.

Snowy

Just saying hi!

We graduated on Saturday.

Lily can now sit unaided. Her tooth still hasnt come through, i wish it would soon!

Hope everyone is well.

mooshie Guest

hi girls

dachlostar and snowy - your boys are so clever - standing up like that, lani will be 9mths on wednesday and she is just barely holding her weight when i hold her hands - she still buckles at the knees after a few seconds.

welcome doe and lily - have you settled into a new place yet?

we had a nice day today went and had breakfast then had a lovely walk, am cooking pumpkin soup cause lani and jay love it so i know she will eat it with her sore throat. the bottles are a pain she is hardly drinking anything - i wish i was still breastfeeding then i wouldn't worry at how much she has had to drink cause i wouldn't know, oh well what can you do when they wean themselves.

lani was okay last night she woke around 10pm screaming so i gave her a bottle as she only had 20mls at 7pm then at 12.30am she woke again this time stuck on her tummy so i flipped her over and she slept until 9am, then a nap walking to breakfast, then another 3hrs this arvo geese this virus must really take it out of you. my ds was tired all last week but it didn't stop him running around, he would just collapse in a heap after dinner lol. hopefully things will get back to normal shortly.

well i will say bye bye as i am off to 9mth forum on wednesday, boo hoo so sad but if i look in another light maybe only 3mths of ttc again - who knows we'll see.

see you all in the next forum

lilyd - welcome & i know what you mean about churches - i had a few dramas getting eliana baptised last month but it all worked out on the day - how is lily going with her teeth?

mooshie - hope lani is feeling much better by now - glad you survived the IL's - will catch up in a few months time when eliana gets older

dach - fingers crossed you have a buyer & that you get a good price - have you started looking at where you will move to (just in case) lol at yasin pulling himself up - i love his photo in your signature - will also have to try your recipes

snowy - think wolf & eliana have the same idea about drinking - she is just hopeless! bet you are counting down to your tori concert - sorry to read about your friends baby

tegan - yeah you are almost in qld!!! how are things going? is DP happy with his job - how is lily going & how are you settling in? i know alot of questions but it was a big thing for you to move so far from home

eliana & i had a great week up at my parents a few weeks back then had a couple of days back in brisbane before going back up to my parents for 3 days so i could catch up with friends & go to a baby show (eliana came 2nd & best dressed) DP is in the middle of studying for his last exam for his degree so i took eliana to friends down at coolongatta for the weekend to give him some space - wintersun was on (a huge 50-60's themed festival) i had to laugh inside so much at some of the outfits people get around in!! not having an overly exciting day - went shopping at coles & $150 i left there with not alot to show for it - eliana has just woken up so i had better go give her a rusk to keep her happy

hi everyone, I could have sworn that I posted earlier today but now it seems to have vanished *me hears twilight zone music* or maybe I just forgot to press the submit button #-o . I must be going crazy. I geuss I'll just have to write another one.
    I really hate repeating myself so in short the picnic yesterday was a disaster. The lowest point was when Yasin got hit in the head with a frisbee, the rest wasn't much better.
    Mooshie, I'm sad that you're moving onto the next forum where they are all grown up and walk and talk and stuff. I hope that you're back in the newborn forum in the not too distant future.
    Tegan, welcome to the 6 month forum. Yay on the sitting and I hope the tooth arrives soon. Can you see it? How's QLD?
    Snowy, I went to school witha Morman. She moved to America to marry a guy she had never met just after she finished school. Muslims are allowed to be poygamous under certain conditions but not DH because its in our pre-nup and I'd kill him and his 2nd wife if he tried. The poor mans got his hands full with one wife anyway :badgrin:
    Melbee, you always sound so busy. Wintersun sounds like fun. Congratulations to Eliana on her wins at the baby show.

Yasin started sitting himself up alone today and has started to test everything to see if he can pull himself up on it. Now he's pulling himself up he's also falling back down so he's getting lots of nastly little bumps and suprises and shedding many tears. Its making me feel quite stressed and guilty because everytime it happens I feel like I should have been there to catch him but I geuss that he's not going to learn without falling down.

At this point I need to remember to hit the submit button but I think I might just copy it first so that if it vanishes I can just paste it instead of trying to remember what I said.

LOL Dachlostar, I have done that more than once!

Anyway, hi to everyone, this is my first post here in the 6 to 9 monthers... am totally blown away by all the cool stuff your bubs are doing. Kaleb is sitting quite well and is up on the hands & knees for short stints, but as far as vocals go, we get a lot of ba ba bas and that's about it. He now does this weird thing where he shrugs his shoulders a lot too...hmm, not sure what that's about. Had his 6 mth check up, he's 9.1kgs and 72.5cms. The CHN then proceeded to tell me I should be giving him more formula. I don't know how big she wants him to get. For those bottle feeders out there, how much do you/did you give your 6 month olds? And did you stop sterilising? Some say stop at 6 months, others at 12 months. What do you reckon?

Colleen Guest

We have officially graduated!

I cant believe Jaykob is months.... Well by his size I can but just the time has flown.... since he was born we have travelled from Darwin right through central australia back to Melbourne and re settled in so it actually feels like much longer...

Anyway! I will Speak to you all very soon !

Colleen!

Hello

It's pouring with rain here today, great as far as the drought goes but bad for me because I have too much washing. I really need to get a dryer.

Beth - I don't sterilise Grace's bottles anymore. I sterilised Harry's until he was 12 months old but this time around I thought, what's the point? She is crawling everywhere and putting everything in her mouth anyway. Maybe it's second child complacency. I wouldn't worry about giving Kaleb more formula unless he is indicating he wants more. He is obviously healthy and growing well.

Welcome Colleen and Tegan!

Dachlostar - Grace is pulling herself up on everything too. She has become quite good at it. Don't feel guilty about the little bumps and falls -it happens, and you cannot be there every single time to stop it. Just wait till he starts walking! Anyway, it's not like he is going to grow up with a complex because you couldn't prevent him falling over when he was a baby. What is important is the cuddles and kisses he gets after he has hurt himself. Having said that, I understand the guilty feelings, I have my fair share of them over just about everything!

Re Religion - I am a non-practising catholic. The way it works for me is there are things about the religion I like, and many things I definitely do not like (like no birth control and child molesting priests). I think for a lot of people it doesn't matter that christianity doesn't provide all the answers, it provides a lot of comfort and hope for many people.

Bon

welcome beth & colleen (love jaykob's photos-he is a well travelled cutie)

poor yasin getting a frisbee in his head - wait till he is old enough to throw it back!!

it has been raining here on & off all day & has gotten cold in the last hour - i'll have to go find what i did with my jumpers - of course eliana has more clothes than she needs so is already nice & warm! DP came home for lunch just as eliana fell asleep so i woke her up cause i know he came home to see her not me! now i can't get her back to sleep ](*,) i have re-arranged our lounge room so i can fit all her toys in now that she can play with the big ones - i need a bigger lounge room now but oh well as long as she is entertained & happy - im happy

hope everyone is having a good day \/

Hey girls!

Lily had her needles yesterday, she was a brave girl. Today she has two hard lumps and bruises but they dont seem to mind her. She weighs 7.7kgs and is 68cms long. She has only put on 600gm in 2mths so i am not sure if i should be worried about that or not?

Mel, settling in well. Moving into our new place on Monday but getting the keys on Saturday, just gotta wait for our stuff to arrive from my mum's. Nice and hot here though, loving it so far!

Beth, Lily has 260mls of formula 3 times a day. a jar of solids twice a day(lunch and dinner) and i am just easing out of sterilising. Used to do it for 8mins then went to 5mins then 4mins and now 3mins, so will pro stop in about a week.

Thanks for your replies Tegan and Bon. I've tried offering him an extra bottle but it just means he'll drink less the next time. Oh well, I guess this is one of those 'use your instincts' type scenarios. You made sense with the sterilising though Bon. I think I will pack it in soon...looking forward to relegating the steriliser to the back of the cupboard!

Tegan, hope you move goes well. How exciting to be in your own place next week. You won't know what to do with yourself!

Mel, it has been kinda cold here the last couple of days, hasn't it? Finally get to use some of the lovely hoodies and jumpers I've bought for Kaleb, though he is growing out of them at a crazy rate.

Took him for his needles this morning. He cried when they were going in, then the lady gave him the polio drops straight after - he just stopped crying and looked at me as if 'Mum, that is the most delicious thing I have ever tasted!' Strange boy. I asked if I could take some home with me for future crying fits. Apparently it works all the time she said!

Colleen Guest

Well Jaykob had his needles today too..... The first one he didnt even notice, he even gave the nurse a smile but the second one he felt... and just like you guys said.. the polio liquid made him happy again lol

He fell asleep in the car but is awake now and happy as ever.. hasnt even had any panadol... I think hes lucky to have his big chubba legs

Hes going well with his solids, Ive actually found he gobbles up the vegies ( pumpkin in particular ) and isnt to fussed about the fruity ones, that said he loves the chocolate custard one LOL

Not much else is new here... My house is a mess and I cant be bothered LOL Ive hit a wall with my energy I think ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast