Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 9 Months, March '05

HI everyone,

Well today was pretty uneventful, Jessica is up on her knees rocking and getting a few proper crawls in then dropping back to her belly again. She is getting into everything though and thinks it's such fun.

jemma was extremely p[ainful today, didn't have a sleep again and so is impossible in the arvo.

I got the appt time for Jessica's check up on her turned eye, it is the 4th July. Ages away! Can't believe that as she will be 10 months old then.

Dh is being painful again, I think a post in the punching bag is more called for.

Michelle- Lani is trying hard to help her mummy, hope she keeps it up. How is Jay going at Kinder?

Kellie- Charlie si a clever boy for just popping teeth with no drama, just wish they were all like that.

Anyway off to check other forums, nothing better to do as DH went to bed in the ****s cos didn't want to discuss stuff with me.

Cheers Michelle

Hi girls,
    Amelia had her 6mth shots yesturday and she has coped reasonably with them. Slight temp and a little irritable but sleeping well. Bit me while feeding yesterday.....was that pay back???? It still hurts. It's amazing what one tooth can do.

I'm not too good, I am going back to the Drs re pneumonia(sp) tomorrow. Had it for 3 weeks. May need xray. At one stage I thought I was preg as af had not returned and being sick but she arrived just after I started to get sick.

Well enough mumble from me.

Sorry no personals as I'm not up to thinking much.

Rose- glad Amelia went well with the inj and sorry to hear you are unwell, hope you start improving soon, being crook and looking after kids is tough, I hope you are getting some rest too.

Finished easter shopping yesterday and I am organised for that, so that's good. Jessica is trying so hard to crawl up on her knees and almost has it down pat, I can't believe her! But she isn't good with food, not super interested in cereal, and not drinking enough to add any extra meals yet, so I may wait until the next hc visit bf stressing about it.

She has started to roll onto her tummy in the night and then cries as she isn't comfy, so I was up to her about 10 times bt 5 and 6.30am this morning. I thought it was quite funny yesterday, aas I got her up at 7am to feed her and Arron said " 7am on the dot, like clockwork!" I looked at him weird as I am amazed that he doesn't hear her sooking at all, or notice me getting up and down replacing the dummy until it is feeding time. She doesn't sleep every morning till 7 I just won't let her up most mornings bf then.

Anyway hi to everyone else
    Michelle

Kellee Guest

Hey gals,

Michelle - I often wonder whether men actually DO hear babies cry and pretend that they can't... Gggrrr. I bet your life will be better when Jessica is able to roll onto her back from her tummy... hopefully you won't have to get up so much. And I wouldn't worry to much about her not liking cereal - Charlie HATED it. I know he's supposed to have at least SOME carbohydrates, so my CHN suggested toast with avocado. It's a bit scary sometimes because he gags on it occasionally, but at this age the gag reflex is very good, so the chance of anything untoward happening is almost nil. Because I get a bit nervous about it, I just cut it up into small bits, and he loves it! He also has mixed vegies and mixed fruit. But he tends to be fussy too - if he's in the mood, he loves it, otherwise he just won't have a bar of it. Temperamental little things, aren't they? Hope the nurse is able to give you some suggestions.

Rose - Ouch! I feel your pain... literally. I think (hope!) eventually they learn not to bite. I just take Charlie off and say "No" very sternly, hoping that he will learn. I hope Amelia doesn't hurt you too much! Sorry to hear that you are sick... do you have someone to help you? It's not fun having to care for bubs when you need someone to care for you too!

I spoke too soon about Charlie's tooth - he had a SHOCKER yesterday. Was pretty much inconsolable all day. I thought we were in for a killer night, but the good little thing slept through anyway. He was a delight today - maybe making up for all the crying yesterday? He's gone to bed later than normal tonight (8 pm when it's usually 6.30) so maybe he'll give us a sleep in tomorrow? That would be nice, but I'm not counting on it.

Not much else to report... I'm a bit worried about my milk supply, as I think it is dwindling a bit. I need to express some because DH is taking me out for my birthday this week and Mum is minding Charlie for us. Otherwise I will have to buy some formula. I have really been trying to avoid that, so I hope I don't have to. Maybe I will just have to be a cow for this week and express a couple of times a day. Does anyone else have the same problem now that bubs are on solids?

Anyway, sorry for the epic post! Hope you are all well, and I look forward to hearing your news soon.

Hugs...

- Kellee.

HI everyone,

I am heading out soon, alone! I am getting away from the thing I call my DH for the day after yet another stuff up by him last night, this time he got home at 4am and came inside at 4.30 and I have had enough. I am going to pick up my layby and visit my gf and don't know when I'll come home, not really caring about that.

When I have time I am going to the punching bag but don't have time right now.

I was up and down up and down with Jessica whinging and on her belly. The thing is she can roll back but not in her sleep and it was really cold here last night so I think she was cold. Jordan got up at 7.18am and I can't work out why she gets up early on Sat and late every weekday.

Sorry no personals, I'll catch up with you all later
    Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi there how is everyone

rose - sorry to hear you are not well, looks like the kiddies are going well tho - and you are planning on another tcc journey again soon aren't you - don't think i will be in the nera future - it helps if dh and i talk lol

michelle - sorry to hear about your dh, 4am hmmm my dh hasn't done it that late - yet, won't hold my breath tho. actually he is been ok today, took jay up to auskick this morning to register him, then he had to do a few things for work so he took him also - pity lani only slept for 1hr and 1/2, was hoping for more oh well.

kellee - how old is charlie, i don't think you have a ticker - or maybe you do i just can't see it, i breastfeed lani to and was only wondering today about the solids and milk issue, i have been giving lani 1 bottle of formula at bedtime (7pm) as i was having issues with my milk supply and running after another in and out all day to and from kinder etc was getting exhausting and by that time of night my supply was poor - i keep thinking i need to feed lani every 4hrs but she either throws it up when she doesn't want it or nibbles on the nipple (OUCH), hard when you are breast feeding you really don't know how much they have had - lani loves her solids and is having the pear and banana farex with apple in the morning, custard for lunch (some days) and vegies for dinner (at the moment is having pumpkin, carrot, zucchini and squash all mixed up).

i think lani is cross cutting her tooth - she had one come out i felt the point but it has disappeared it was at the bottom but to the side (i think one of the pointy ones) gosh teeth - will be the bain of the year for me i reckon with lani getting hers and jay will probably start to lose his lol

anyway have a good weekend to all - lani is calling out (whinging type) but has only been down for 1/2 hr she needs more sleep or she will be cranky all day. i am hanging out for all these babies to be born in the march forum wow it is getting exciting and i am getting so clucky - strange i know but i wish i was in that situation again you know when you don't know when bubs is coming they are close and you wonder with every twinge all the excitement - pity at the time you just wish it to be all over and done with.

anyways sorry for the epic - as usual - see yas

Kellee Guest

Hey all,

Good day - I love it when DH is home! He's got some leave coming up, so that will be wonderful.

mooshie... Charlie is 7 months and 1 week old. I haven't gotten around to updating my profile yet, but I will eventually! Yeah, I think I'll have to try to formula thing. It's hard for me, psychologically, to think about that, but I need to think about what's best for him. What formula does everyone use? And how much? Hopefully I'll be able to just give it to him in a cup - sterilising bottles would be a bugger after breastfeeding for all this time - because he's drinking a little bit of water from a cup. We'll see how it goes.

We went for a looooong walk today. I asked DH to stay near the phone in case he had to pick us up. Of course, when I tried to call him at around the 1 hr 15 min mark (because Charlie decided he was sick of the pram!) to pick us up, he had ducked over to use the neighbour's shed and didn't have the phone with him! So I ran and fast walked as much as I could to get home - I had to stop somewhere to feed Charlie on the way and it helped. DH is VERY lucky that Charlie calmed down, or he would have had hell to pay!

Anyway, my dinner is ready. Hope you're all well, and having a good weekend. Will write personals next time...

mooshie Guest

Hi Kellee

I use Nan gold formula for lani - after much research lol, apparently it is great for comp feeding and is closest to breastfeeding (probably all a con tho lol) and it is easily digested, and it is the most expensive around $18 a tin - i am lucky tho as my friend uses it for her dd so we go halves lol.

i am like you with the guilt re breastfeeding and giving up especially when i have no problems usually with milk supply, it's just i am really not that into it, i only do it cause i do IYKWIM, i really love sitting with babies giving them a bottle - oh well i will keep on keeping on, i love the fact with breastfeeding if lani is cracking and nothing can stop it the boob always does lol. i am going to try to wean lani onto a cup of formula at around 8mths (mostly cause of her ecxema - i have some info from the gp re solids and feeding for allergic babies and they recommend if you can to go to 8mths) but lani will have her bottle at night before bed as long as she wants lol, i used to love watching jess and jay all clean after a bath and in the pj's sitting on the couch together drinking their bottles watching home and away before bed - LOL tragic aren't i.

michelle - i hope you had a great day yesterday on your own - you certainly deserve it.

great news sarah had her bubs - wow i wonder who will be next, sounds like tanya - i keep popping in her to see who is ready to pop them out - gees it is quite addictive.

well i better go and make the beds and hang out the washing whilst little miss lani is asleep and jay is happy creating an artistic masterpiece.

see yas

Kellee Guest

Thanks mooshie. I'll look into it. I'll try expressing like crazy first though... I'm not giving up without a fight!

Mitch - sorry to hear you're feeling down. I hope you had a good day on your own, and that things work out for you. I wish I could do something to help you, but in lieu of that I will send lots of good vibes your way.

Rose - hope you're feeling better. Let us know how you're going when you can.

Charlie has been nuts today. He had been going down really well, and then all of a sudden he's being stubborn like he used to be. I think it might be his teeth, but I'm not quite sure. I take all the necessary precautions (teething gel, etc.) before I put him down, and he's not too bad before I actually get him in his cot. Maybe he's just inherited my determined nature, and this is karma coming back to get me! It doesn't happen all the time (thank goodness) so maybe it's just a phase he will grow out of.

Anyway, DH has just arrived home, so I'll go and be sociable. Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

-Kellee

Hi girls,

i had a really great arvo on Saturday, didn't get there till 3pm but went into the city to big w and then had tea at my frioends, cake and coffee for desert and lots of talking which I really needed, Iwent home much more positive, did talk seriously to Dh on sat morning bf I went ut and we both agree on many things and I really feel positive that things will improve for us. I am working through the Dr Phil book and working on me and DH is starting to realize he has many of his opwn probs to deal with, from way back.

Jessica is having needles tomorrow and Jemma is going to have her excema looked at, then it's off to Mum's for scrapbooking shop day adn parent teacher interviews for Jordan.

Josh's interview was tonite and his teacher is very happy with him so that's great.

Jessica is now crawling properly, so thaere's not much left for her to do now except walk, wouldn't put that past her she's such a bugger LOL.

Gotta go and quickly check other forums, we are having tea with IL's as FIL just got back from fishing trip.

CheersMichelle

mooshie Guest

Hi Michelle

glad to hear you had a good day yesterday - take time out for number 1 you, thats what i have done and it feels better.

what time is jessica getting her needles - lani is getting hers at 11am you will probably hear her scream way up the highway lol. don't forget to mention the Elidel cream - it is great apparently if you have extras on your health insurance you may be able to claim back most of it - the small tube is $40 and the bigger around $75. I have also found a lovely bath range for adults and babies it is called Natural Instinct i got it from my chemist and it has no chemicals whatsoever, it makes a change from bathing in the QV (that to has chemicals) and i don't like to use it all the time, this natural stuff smells devine and is made up from lavender and rose - lani has the bath/body wash and also a shampoo and i even splurged and got a facial scrub - really nice stuff.

great about josh and school - lets hope jordan's is just as good.

wow at jessica crawling full on - lani still won't roll from back to front just not interested - however she loves to sit and will sit unsupported for around 1minute now - but i still have to be there just in case to catch her - can't understand it she is constantly on the floor having floor play but i guess she just wants to view the world from another angle.

good luck with needles tommorrow - lani is shocking with her needles hmmm already a low pain threshold just like her dad a bloody wussy lol

Yay to Sarah and Aaron and welcome to the world Alexzander. Hope you are all well and getting loads of cuddles.

Best wishes Michelle

HI Michelle

It was good to get away for the day and spill my guts to an intelligent person who could see all sides of the coin. Wore my new jamas last night and they were so comfy, so worth the trip clothes wise as well.

I will listen for Lani's cries, but prob won't hear them over Jessica, our appt is 10.45am, Jemma is very relieved to know it isn't her turn though I can tell you. Thanks for the names of the creams etc. I will ask, unfortunately we don't have private health insurance only a healthcare card, are they on the pharmacutacal benefits scheme?

I am actually in the birth announcements at the moment and being blown away by all the exciting news.

I'm glad you are feeling good too and things have been ok at home.

I wish Jessica was doing what Lani is doing, I so wanted her to stay a baby and now look what she's gone and done! LOL

There will be no more for us though, we have to work hard now to improve our lives.

Where abouts in Melbourne are you guys? We should get together sometime for a cuppa, meet somewhere maybe.

have a great night, I am planning to sort alphabet beads, maybe it is theraputical! LOL There's only about 3500 of them, all mixed up.

Cheers Michelle

Hi

I was wondering if i could join in too?
    here's my details

Forum name: jlk
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 3rd August 2004
    Babys name: Isabella
    Web Address: N/A
    Health Concerns: N/A
    Notes: Growing up to fast

Hi jlk,
    welcome to you and Isabella, the more the merrier.

I am off to the drs very soon for Jessica's injections and will be out for the day, Arron contemplated fishing but the weather wasn't that great so he went to help his dad as he has no work today.

See you later
    Michelle

Kellee Guest

Hey there girls,

Welcome jlk and Isabella. Love the choice of name, by the way - I really love Isabella for a girl. I think it's so much more interesting to choose girl's names than boy's names - they are all so pretty!

Mitch - glad to hear you're feeling better about things, and that the girl's day out did you wonders. Hope Jessica was ok with her needles. RE: the Elidel cream - every child is different, and I know it works really well for some, but I would recommend getting a small tube to start with. The doctor might even have a sample for you. Our doctor gave us a sample for Charlie, and unfortunately it didn't do anything for him. I hope you get some good solutions out of your visit today. Hooray for Jessica crawling too - say goodbye to your house as you know it!

mooshie - hope Lani is ok with her needles too! I made DH come with me to Charlie's last time. I had told him how horrible it was, and he didn't understand what all the fuss was about until he had to actually sit there and watch it happen. It must be hard for the doctor too! I, too, will try the Natural Instinct range and see if it helps my little man. Thanks for the tip.

Not much to report today. Went to the gym and left Charlie in the Playroom there for 30 mins. He did really well. I'm just wondering, though, if anyone has a similar problem - he's never been looked after by anyone who he doesn't know before until I started him at the gym, but since I have been leaving him there (only about 5 times) he has been a little bit more clingy with me. I wonder if it has anything to do with him not going down so well in the day too... any ideas? It's all a bit new to me.

Anyway, so much to do, so little nap time to do it in! Hope you're all well.

Hi all,
    Well I didn't realise I had not updated you. Had xray and bloods on Friday, not pneumonia but I will find out tomorrow if it is hooping caugh or some other infection I have not heard of. I feel slightly better today but the chest is still yuk. They are also treating me for asthma just in case. Although I thought if it was asthma, I would respond to the meds within days. Any one know????

Amelia has been waking at 4.30am for an extra feed which I think is due to the low quality of my b/m with me being sick. Today she slept til 8am(her usual time) =D> so she has only needed 4 feeds. That may also be why I am feeling less tired.

She is not a solids baby. Cries most of the way through farax, vegies, fruit. Tried her on yogurt today and she didn't mind that. ds was a breeze eating solids. I think dd is just going to be a challenge.

Kellee-the babies do go through a clingy stage(stranger danger) and he may get worse b4 getting better. It is usually around 9mths and again at 18mth but they are just averages. They can go through it earlier or latter too. Just stick with it and be consistant as that helps them to develope trust. How is the expressing going? Has Charlie got any teeth yet?

Mitch, hope the injections went well and you got some answers re exzma. Glad you had some time out too. Sometimes I don't think we get enough.

Welcome jlk and Isabella, I'm sure life is becoming busy as dd is growing. Is she your first?

Mishelle, hope Lani went well with her needles too.

Catch you all again soon, hopefully much better too.

Rose hope you work out very soon what is wrong and that you start to feel better. How long had this been going on for?

Jessica went fine with her needles, sooked of course and was grizzly but not too bad. How about Lani Michelle? Dr wants me just to use sorbolene for excmea, 4 times a day and in bath if I want, but I can use the sigmacort if it is really, bad, and she should have no soap and grow out of it by age five. That sounds far away!

Jessica said her first word last night, you guessed it Dad! Why do I do everything and they like Daddy best LOL, it was quite funny to listen and when I said Mama she said dada.

Anyway gotta go to chiro, will chat soon, sorry no personals
    cheers michelle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast