Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, October '05

ange-par Guest

Bec - Can you get me a stackhat. I have dropped Ella 4 times now. Lucky its been while I've been sitting down and she has thrown herself back.

Fi - Sorry to hear you and Jenna are unwell. My GP see's me for 10 mins and BB's me for a long consult.

It's now official. Ella has to goto sleep school again. She is sooo good during the night, but the day is another thing. At the moment we are getting abiut 20 mins in the morning and the same in the arvo. Now she's off her solids as well....It's killing me.

Am off shopping tomorrow. A new DFO has opened at Essendon Airport and I have decided that I need some retail therapy.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hope you enjoy the retail therapy, Angela. Nice ticker... Don't be surprised if people confuse your posts for mine tho...

Shannon - [-X @ the Dr. for billing you for such short periods of time. Very cheeky!

Fi - yay for the drugs and it's fantastic that Jenna is all ok and healthy. Gab has been pulling at her ears too but I have put it down to teething.

Sarah - I am glad you got to take video and photos of Zander's first swimming lesson. Honestly, I just wandered on into the pool with the video camera and didn't even think to ask! It's not like the kids are all in the nudey and I am going to put it on the internet or anything... sheesh. That's great that your little man doesn't like being dunked. I wasn't brave enough to do that to Gabby. She was screaming enough as it was Hopefully I will get some photos this week for her site (Neil had the digital camera last week). And... to answer your question, Neil can be a fiery red-head when he wants to be but he's more mellow than me most of the time (but that's not hard to do... I am a bit of a nutter ).

I bought Gabby one of those baby einstein mirrors that Shannon has. She luuuurves it. I was hoping it would encourage her to last a bit longer on her tummy (and perhaps get her back into rolling and moving around a bit). She rolled over once last night and played with the mirror for aaaages. Definitely worth the $30 or there-abouts.

Okey Dokey....my little girl is asleep and mummy is having a cuppa so the world is perfect, well for today at least.
    Deb: Whoohoo on the mirror, what girl doesn't like looking at themselves. Is Gab getting up on her haunches yet, she has always been so fab at tummy time.
    Fi: Hope the cold and flu are kicking in...I think the person who invented those should get a nobel prize for medicine..lol Glad Jenna is well though, grwl at doctors don't even get me started. My last Doctor use to see that I was doing IVF and charge me throu the roof!! Dr Hotty is soooo hot I would pay long consultations so I could look at him..lol
    Ang:Whoohoo on the shopping, maybe Ella is just a little off colour, sounds funny that she is not sleeping and eating, something she has always been good at.
    Sarah:Glad swimming went well, yeah it is funny wih the camera's, my MIL is a teacher and they don't let people take photos has to be done by a professional and then the parents buy them..what a sad world it has turned into.
    Suzie:Its soi hard when they are sick, if they could only tell you what is wrong, I'm so glad he is on the mend. Hopefully summer will be the end of all these dreaded germies.
    Well Eliza is trying to crawl, she has got the backwards thing going, and has discovered that if you scream really loud you get attention. My cousin just brought back a ballerina and fairy costume for her, I'll update her website...ooh Deb I need you to come around and fix my site, I'm so dumb..please please.. so please excuse the fact they are all in one section.
    Ok best read all my 35 emails that are usually full of rubbish for friends that have nothing better to do than send me crap!
    *** please note that any emails from any one here is not classified crap..lol***
    Have a great day
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Woah, Bec... obviously a bit of a de-bug thingy happening there with your posts, hehehe.
    LOL @ your Dr. Hotty. You are making me want to go!! But that would be strange! Plus... I think he might start to wonder why people from all over Geelong are heading for his clinic, hehehe.
    Yay for Eliza starting to crawl! What a clever girl.
    For all of Gabby's strength and being so good at tummy time for such a young age, she really hasn't developed any further in that respect. She doesn't get up on her haunches at all and the best she will do is reach out for something. If she can't reach, she'll start crying and not try to get to it. Ah well... I guess she'll just be a late crawler. Either that or just get up and walk one day
    The web site is a little fiddly to work out, isn't it? Trish helped me with mine. I can come over and help (sorta ).

OMG I am so sorry....silly bug thing going on

firsttimedad Guest

Hi Girls

Sorry you haven’t seem for some time. Been too busy with work and everything else.
    thought I’d better come on to say hi and give you an update on Nathaniel (bout time I did anyways).

· Well Nathaniel is 8mths now. Last weight was a week ago and weighs in at a whoping 9.95kgs so he just a big heffalump. All cute though. He is not yet really rolling over as still doesn’t enjoy tummy time, even though lots of encouragement. When we do he just grumbles. Oh well. He slowly improving trying to reach for things but has to be in ultra happy mood for this. I have seen him roll once. Others have also but to Nae’s (Mum) dismay she has yet to see him roll over. This being the case has shown no interest in crawling.
    · He has shown more interest in walking however, constantly wanting to stand on our laps or just on the ground. He even is taking steps aided now (has been doing small step or 2 previously) but more and more in last few days. We now have a walker which he is running all over the lounge in.
    · He just got his first tooth punch through in the past week or so aswell, which has seemed forever coming, but its here now…YAHOO.
    · I believe I also informed on last post or 2 Nathaniel has now a new cousin (Joshua Caleb) born 27th June this year and another on the way (another boy) due in January. My parents are excited at prospect of having three grandsons. As Joshua is my brothers son, and future bubba is my sisters. So exciting times ahead with the 3 cousins all within a year of each other.

From what I have briefly flicked through on forums glad to see everything seems to be going normal, all are well and NO Major Dramas

Kind Regards
    Rob (AKA: firsttimedad)

Just thought I would pop in quickly and see how everyone is doing.I cant sleep as I am stressing about getting results at a doctors appointment tomorrow. I finally got one to send me for an ultrasound tuesday which made it a month of having this blasted AF. Its still going strong and has no signs of slowing down at all. Im so drained but yet cant sleep.

Pheonix is teething and has been pulling on her ear because of it Fi maybe that could be it. I so hope Jenna doeant have an ear infection.

Anyway I should really go before I wake up the whole house. Wish me luck I need it.

Oh Kayla, I hope you are getting some answers. And dont to be too quick to assume Nixee has an ear infection. When I asked my dr, she said all babis pull on their ears. LOL. She was also the one that said all babies spew. PMSL - I needn't be worried about her overprescribing anything!

Deb - stop stressing about Gabby crawling! Its perfectly normal for them not to crawl til about 8-9 months. So dont worry. And you are right, some babies just go straight to walking - the average time for babies walking is 13 months.

Glad to hear Eliza is starting to be more challenging for you Bec. We all thought you were getting an easy run of things. I'll have to come over too and check oout this screaming. Sounds delighful!

Wow Rob - 8 months already! Doens't time fly, and how exciting on the teeth. We are still waiting for those to pop through.

I got my first pay last night. A whole $37.50 for 3 hours work! Ihave made up a little tin with "Mum's Money Tin" and I'm hiding all my stash in there to spend when it builds up. We have been doing it a bit tough lately with Shane still off work, and just trying to save too much. So last night Shane drew back some of the Lara money of the mortgage to get us through the next few months. Until I start my nappy stuff, and get some umpiring done, we are a little skint. At least swimming lessons are paying the big bucks! Speaking of which, better skedaddle, Jennas are at 9:30 today! I bet she cracks it again.......

Fi

Hi all,
    Kayla: Hope all goes well today, its a bugga waiting for results.
    Fi: Hope swimming was great. We must catch up
    Sheshhhhhh grumpy baby at my feet, better go
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Rob - good to hear from you. Sounds like Nate is going great guns - such a big boy too!!

Fi - yay for the swimming lesson money. A bit of pocket money does the world of good. That's a great idea saving it up in a tin. So, I gather you are going to do the nappy party thing? I showed Mum the fuzzy-buns stand at the expo (you were using those, weren't you?) and she thought they were pretty nifty. She's a big advocate for cloth nappies (I could see disappointment in her eyes when I said I was going to do the disposable thing). Hope Jenna had fun at her swimming lessons. I am not stressing about Gabby not crawling so much as her not rolling or at least attempting to roll. She did roll from her front to her back this morning tho. I am sure she'll get there eventually.

Kayla - oh dear @ AF hanging around so long. I hope the results of the ultrasound reveal something that is easily fixed. :hugs:

Hmmm.. well.. I thought I would have heaps to catch up on. I banned myself from the computer until I did the dishes, tidied, vacuumed and mopped the house. I even baked a cake. However, I seem to have lost my baking mojo. It was a pretty crap cake. I am sure Neil will still eat it tho.

:wave: to Trish, Tanya, Nell, Suzie, Scarlett, Naomi, Pam, Zola, Mayrann, Dinky, Angela, Sarah, Simone and Nat. Hope you are all having a good day

you didn't wave to me are you trying to tell me something. Its ok, is it because I paid out on you new ticker...lol
    *glad you went back to ole original

Please dont get in the car and come over and wave..hehe

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooops! Sorry Bec. I think it's because I had just PM'd you so I thought I had already referred to you in my post. Baby brain! #-o
    Yep... went back to the old ticker because the pink flowers didn't sit well with me

PMSL - Deb, that ticker is all you! I admit, I saw Angela with it, and thought it was your post.
    Shannon and I had similar tickers for a while, but I changed mine to a photo one, and then one of the mods changed it for me as I didn't know we weren't allowed them anymore. Anyway, the point is, I must redo my ticker!

We went to the Geelong Show today. Hmmmm - I dont think I'm a show person. Although we did get a beef jerky show bag, which was seriuosly yum (is almost all gone.....) and Jenna loved the Harry's animal tent. There was another animal nursery there, and it was creepy and yuck. All all decrepid stuff, out of a bad movie! So moral of the story, dont pay the $2 for the other tent if you are going to the geelong show! Deb/Angela/rebecca, if you guys are interested in going on Sunday, I have a couple of stubs to get you in for $9.

Jenna has been yucky today. All sooky and grumpy adn unsettled. I think she is coming down with our cold. She was really warm in her afternoon nap. So hopefully she will either sleep really well tonight, or maybe she'll be a grump. Yuck!!

Seeya all those who havent posted in a couple of days! There are heaps missing.

Fi

hey everyone,no time for personals tonight but just wanted to pop in and say i am still here....
    I didnt know we werent allowed photo tickers?? It says in the guidelines and i quote
    Images in tickers

You may have a ticker with an image in it, PROVIDED that the ticker is designed to have the image inside the ticker, and not two seperate images. E.g. a ticker site that does combine the photo with the ticker is baby's first site. Many do not combine the image so please double check or ask the moderators if you are not sure.

Dont know whether mine lives up to these standards,but i have seen a few people around with them,and i tried to get onto babies first site,but i cant find the link for it,plus it seems to be not working if the link i have is the right one....
    Anyhow,dominic slept really well last night,and i hope it continues,i gotta run as i think he has dropped his teething rusk again...
    Hope everyone is well!!!

I've been slack I know, but I have a good excuse. We had Aaron at the hospital at midnight on Tuesday with chest pains. He woke me up saying he was going, not to worry & go back to sleep. YEAH AS IF! Turns out it's nothing major *phew* He has had some sort of virus which has affected his lungs, so he's off work for the moment. He's on antinflammatories, painkillers & antibiotics, so he's rattling LOL. He had a BT done this morning & has to get the results next week. Worse thing was he decided to get sick the night Zander wanted to sleep - the little guy slept from 10pm-10am without a peep. Typical huh?!

Yay on you & Jenna both not having ear infections, what a relief. It is bad how they can charge so much for a 2min consult isn't it. Aaron's 5min ultrasound yesteray cost $150 :shock: Yay also on the cash, it's good isn't it! I hope Jenna is ok & doesn't end up with your cold.

So when do you go to sleep school Angela? And how was the retail therapy? Get any good bargains?

LOL at Neil beign a firey redhead but not as bad as you! Hopefully the gabster will be better next week at her swimming lessons. One of our bubs was really upset by it as well. Yaaaay on the mirror as well, sounds definately worth it. Zander has deicded he's in love with the baby on his Huggies Playmat, yup it's him in the mirror!! Except he decided to spew all over it today! Well done on all the cleaning. I really need to get some done.

ROFL at Eliza screaming Zander has decided it's lots of fun too. How cutr on the ballerina & fairy outfits, that's gotta be gorgeous. LOL at crappy emails I get those too

Good to hear from you Rob. OMG at Nathaniel being 8 months old already, that's just crazy!

Kayla good luck at the Drs tomorrow, hopefully they can fix you up real soon. No wonder you're feeling drained.

Now on to us.... We have Zander's rash sorted out, it's not an allergy so he's back onto the potatoes now. Turns out he has an atopic rash which I am pretty sure from my research is just another name for eczema. I have had to give up on all of his nice smelling johnsons & curash stuff & he now has to use QV bath oil. We've got Sigmacort (which is a cortisone steroid cream) for the rash & he has to have it 3 times a day. The Dr has said that he's likely to have allergies when he's older which is disappointing. But to avoid that we have to delay him starting on certain foods - for eg instead of starting cows milk at 12months we have to wait until 16months. Apparently we were lucky we waited until right on 6months to start him on any solids otherwise we may have had major dramas.

Solids are making Zander poop more - EVERY nappy! So he has a nasty nappy rash which makes him cry every time I use the wipes on him Other than that same old same old.

You posted while I was typing Suzie - your ticker is fine. How you tell is when you get the code for it there should only be one lot of [img] tags, if there are two it's two seperate images & not allowed.

Oh sarah - poor little Zander! Oh well, hopefully with all the bits and bobs he has now, his rash will clear up, and all will be well in the world.
    Youchy on the nappy rash too. Jenna had a couple of dots last week which have just about gone, and so we have been slapping barrier cream on with every nappy change. We had the "every nappy a poo" situation too. Unpleasant!!! Last night she did a poo on the carpet during nappy off time. PMSL. Thankfully it was a nice little solid one!
    You may want to try some home made wipes for Znader so they dont irritate his botty? I use half a roll of papertowels soakes in water, baby wash and baby oil, but I htink you could make a similar concoction with say almond oil, sensative baby wash and water? I keep a little plastic container beside the change table.
    I also think Angel uses a chamomile tea mix.

Suzie - mine was one where the picture and ticker were seperate! I just haven't got around to doing a new one. I haven't taken any digi photos of Jenna for days since the batteries are flat and I can't find the recharger! I'm bloody useless.

Righto,
    Fi

Life has been busy and it is hard to get more than 10 minutes on the computer. So I thought I would give you a quick catch up on Charlotte. She is now more than 7 months old. She is a beautiful baby and is quite happy which is very different to the way she was when she was a small baby. We had problems with her sleeping a month or so ago. She would wake in the night and not go back to sleep. The only way to get her to sleep was to rock her for ages which is hard work with a 6 month old. So I started reading a book about sleep, I implemented their ideas and now doesn't need to be rocked, I just put her to bed and she falls asleep herself. She still wakes in the night but after a feed she goes right back to sleep. It is fantastic. One other benefit is that she sleeps longer during the day. She now sleeps for 1.5 hours instead of 40 minutes. I can actually get a few things done during the day now!

What else has been happening? Charlotte is a big roller. I can't keep her still, she is into everything but she doesn't crawl or sit up. I am sure that that will come in time.

I was thinking about going back to work but they won't let me come back part-time so I will have to think about that one.

I hope that everyone is going well. I will try and catch up a little more regularly.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast