Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, October '05

Great to see you pop in Maryann.. I was beginning to think we would never see you I am glad you have some of the sleep issues sorted out... sometimes we just need a few pointers, mothering never seems to come completely naturally.

Sarah, sorry to hear about the rash... hopefully he grows out of it no probs.

Fi, you and you cameras!! Luckily it isn't the camera itself like last time. Violet was in a great routine of pooing on the floor b4 bath time... then it was in the bath every night... I just made sure her bum was close to the plug hole and as soon as it started coming out I would pull the plug... pmsl!!!

Suz... glad to hear Dom is sleeping well... Keep it up little man

Deb, I am sure Gab will crawl soon enough... she is a special little girl and knows what is good for her (I know if I could be a baby again, I wouldn't want to do anything if I knew someone would do it for me ...lol)

Well, took the girls swimming today, it's good cause a school friend takes Violet takes her at the start of the lesson and hangs onto her at the end of the lesson so I can make sure Em is ok.
    Violet is now up on all fours... very cute too... I think she is teething, lots of poo and little lumps on her gums, not sure if they will come through for a while yet tho.

Still feeling glum about Jorge, I keep running the whole thing through my head and what the poor bird might have been thinking at the time...
    I have been putting the lizards out in his cage of a day so they can sun themselves... I know they woun't be able to get the door open...

Bought Violet a little Buggie car today... I put her on one when I visited my friend in Melb.. she sat there hanging onto the handles, so I thought I am going to get one of those... I know she is too young for it but I couldn't help myself

Tis Alecia's13th tomorrow (she got her pressie early)... we are going out for tea, so that should be good

Anyway I could possibly go on and on...
    Tanya

Tanya - you have asad face in your signature!! Is that cause of your birdie? Me and cameras - you and animals! Same, same I'm sure the charger is somewhere, I'm just not looking good. I know we took it to rarotonga, I just haven't seen it since! Oh well, a new charger is almost the same price as 4 new batteries! They are so bloody expensive. Good idea to start buying toys that dont need batteries!
    The poo was really funny. Thankfully it was one that could easily be picked up.

Maryann - great to see you here. You should pop in when you can! I hear you on the sleep problems. Its great when you dont have to rock them anymore, and I'm loving the longer sleeps too! Still having wakeups at night.

Its so quiet in here at the mo! Where is everyone?

Fi

Yep Fi, I have decied that a happy face in my sig gives everyone a false impression that I am happy... and I'm not

So check this space for when I start to feel better...
    I'm not too bad tho... just can't get it out of my head! If only I were home...

Alright I'll stop it now

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww.... :hugs: Tanya. Sorry to hear you are feeling down. I hope that sad face turns to a happy face soon! Happy birthday to Alecia for tomorrow. You now have a teenager on your hands Yay for Violet getting up on her hands and knees - clever little chook! Ouchies @ the teething tho. Hey.. Neil and I were talking about coming up to Shep for Spring Nats in November. Up for a meet-up?

Fi - bugger about not being able to find the battery charger. What a PIA. Sounds like Jenna had a good time @ the show. We've decided to not go this year (much to my dismay ).

Maryann - good to hear from you! Good to hear that Charlotte is sleeping really well for you now. It's amazing when they suddenly "get it", hey? Certainly hard work getting there tho. That's a pity that your work won't let you go back part time. It should be law for them to have to give you a part time job once you have kids - would make life a hek of a lot easier.

Sarah - OMG.. poor Aaron! LOL @ him telling you to go back to sleep. Goes to show he was thinking of you even through his pain! Glad to hear it's nothing too serious tho. That's no good that Zander will possibly have allergies. Like you said tho, it's lucky that you didn't start him on solids too early. I hear you on the poop! Gabby does one every nappy these days. Drives me nanas. Oh... I took some pics with Gabby in that PP outfit that you showed me (uno.. the bumble bee one?). So they are on her site. She's sitting in her new zoo pillow from the baby expo.

Had MG this morning. We have all decided that we need a girls night out without the bubbas within the next couple of weeks. Nothing too major - just dinner and drinks but it sounds like a brillant idea to me! I am slowly getting more confident that Neil will be ok looking after Gabby for longer than a couple of hours now. I have a hen's lunch thingy tomorrow so he will be looking after her most of the afternoon (I am going to force myself to stay out for at least a few hours! I neeeeed it).

Hey girls,

hope you are all well.

hugs to you Tanya - I hope the smiley face is back soon

I've been MIA too - been ill Matty is better - although he is waking himself up at night with a nice barking cough.

Don't have much else to report. I am a tired chickadee so should skidaddle off to bed.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Not much to report here...Dominic woke up this morning at 6:30 and he only had his last feed at 12.30 last night,so i am zonked...he went back to bed for a while though,and is now in the bedroom with jessica,playing....I reckon he will be back in bed before too long,and i really hope so!!
    His sleeping pattern during the last couple of days has been absolutely terrible,im not sure what is going on there....Hope it changes soon though!!!
    No time to do personals,but i do have to say poor Tanya...I couldnt find what happened with the bird anywhere to update,but i am sorry....
    I will check in later when i get the chance to write more,Dommie is crying again!!!
    Oh and Sarah thanks for the ok about my ticker!! I was worried it would be wrong

Hi All,

I'm going to missing for a few days. I have heaps around home I need to get organised. Pictures on the wall, tidy up my room (where my computer and sewing machine sit) Bookshelves, getting clothes to salvos etc etc so I'm going to miss out on something - and thats BB for a few days. I'm sure I'll cheat..... But we shall see! On top of this, Jenna is sleeping soo badly at the mo, that we are just zonked, so I should really be catching up on my nanna naps during the day.

So see you all in a week or so,

Fi

PS - Tanya - I hope you are smiling by then.....

Hey Suzie - I know where you are coming from. Matty woke up for the day at 4am!! I am well and truly stuffed as well, trouble is I don't do nanna naps well.. always wake up crappier than I went down.

Fi - hope you have a great time sorting some stuff out and Jenna gets to sleeping better for you.

Janelle,i know exactly what you mean about not doing the nanna naps well...i always wake up really disorientated from sleeping in the day time,and mostly have a headache too....
    I have never really been a fan of them coz i can never get to sleep of a night time when i have them either!!!
    Fi i hope you sort everything out that you have to do!! My house is a bit in need of a spring clean too,but i just cant be bothered ATM

ange-par Guest

Maryann - Can I please have the name of the book you are reading about sleep? I need it really bad.

Never ever again will I take Ella to sleep school!!! She now screams as soon as we walk into her room. I have taken to putting her down and having long showers just so I don't have to hear her cry. I have finally relented and let her have a security blanket. She pulls it over her face and sleeps that way. Anything for peace...right...

Bec - Thankyou so much for restoring my sanity on Friday. =D> Hope I can repay you in some way. Just name it

Hello everyone - how are you all? Where are you all?

Angie - have you checked out our new Comforted Sleeping Forum, you may find a few tips there.

Angie, the book was "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child" by Dr Marc Weissbluth. I found it at Angus & Robertson. Another book that was recommended but I haven't tried because this one worked and was "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley.

Nothing seems to be helping on the nappy front Fi, so today is a no nappy day here! Probably sounds bad, but I've put a plastic sheet down then a big blanket on top in case of accidents, the heater's on & we have nowhere to go today so we're set. Good luck with the clean up as well.

Hey Maryann :wave: long time no see! I hear ya on the happy baby now being different to the newborn baby - Zander is the same. You'd never think he was the same child LOL! Good luck on the work department.

LOL at making usre Violet's bum in near the plughole Tanya! I can just picture it! Happy birthday to Alecia for Saturday. Did you have a good dinner?

Looove the pictures of Gab in her bumblebee outfit Deb, yellow really suits here doesn't it?

Hope you're all feeling better now Nell.

Aww Suzie, sorry to hear that Dommie isn't sleeping real well lately, I hope that gets better soon.

Oh no Ange that sounds terrible. Hopefully Ella will be ok soon.

We had quite a big weekend here, so I have a feww woohoos....

1) Aaron bought me a new mobile My old one kept dying on me & it was such a funky one that I didn't want to give it up (it was the Samsung T500, which is red & has diamontes on it). Buuut he found a cool pink one for me! It's another Samsung (E530 I think) which I think it's just the newer version of the one I had. It has a camera which is pretty cool

2) We did our annual shopping trip yesterday - Aaron & dad go to the motor show so mum & I go shopping in the city. I can tell ya it was a whole lot easier walking round this year when I wasn't 20ish weeks pregnant! I bought Zander a "My 1st Christmas" decoration for the tree & a bonbon with a teddy bear in it. Mum also bought him a "My 1st Christmas" santa hat which he's going to wear for his Santa Photo. Also mum bought me a dress & a very funky pair of sandles, but they're for Christmas presents.

3) Zander slept through last night \/ It's just a shame mummy didn't! I think I must be used to being up at about 2.30 cos I woke up :roll:

Sounds like a great weekend all round Sarah! That is so cool about your shopping trip, mobile and Zander sleeping through - woo hoo!! How is Aaron going?

I am better here thanks, Matty still has a little cough and a snot factory running but he is well otherwise.

Thanks for asking Nell He's back at work today, he rang a bit earlier & said that he hadn't realised how drowsy his tablets made him while he was just home doing nothing! He has to go to the Dr on Thursday to get the results of all of his BTs & then hopefully all will be good again.

Sleep what is that!!
    Hi everyone,
    We are so fortunate to see our little girl everyhour at the moment, I think she wakes and just misses her mummy and daddy so much she goes into a horrible sobbing noise. MCHN says it is an important milestone..hmm having second thoughts about that.
    Ange: No worries, and that goes for the others anytime you need to escape just rock up, baby or not!
    Fi: Hope you clean really quickly so your back here soon. Glad you enjoyed the show, I didn't bother nothing worse than sheep and cow smell up the nostrils for awhile.Nick usually drags me into look at fruit and vegetables, I get really excited :-s
    Deb: I didn't see the pillows, are you finding much use for it
    Suzie: Hoope Dominic has settled back to his sleeping pattern. I would love to have woken at 6.30 lol
    Nelle:I am a nanna napper. When I was pregnant and on bedrest I loved it. Now I would love to be back in that situation. Almost makes me want to have another baby....soon.lol
    Tanya:Hope your smile returns soon. Violet is so clever,soon you will be chasing her around.
    Maryann:My work kinda did the same thing to me, they wanted me back full time asap, I turned them down and then they offered me PT, and then casual. Small victory they had a hard time re-employing revenge..lol
    Sarah: Hope Zanders rash is improving it sounds like Eliza's can't pinpoint the reason it just pops up, she has always had beautiful skin and now it gets dry and scaley sometimes. Erk on the poo's, they smell oh so devine now too.
    Had dinner with the IL's last night. Eliza's routine out the window, my MIL kept telling me that she wasn't tired well in the matter of 3 minutes she was histerical, she screamed and sobbed all the way home...I just kept yelling at Nick, we will go to lunch not dinner in future. Poor thing he took the brunt of my anger. I think he has just learnt to say yes you are right.
    Better go and fold some washing.....piles of it, then a heap to go on the line.I need a house cleaner
    Bec

ange-par Guest

We are off to the Paed today to try and fix the eczema. Ella's little face is infected and looks terrible. It is so painful for her. She rubs it on everything and I know were she has been as it is bleeding. ](*,)

Hope all the Parents and Bubs are well

Debbie Lee Guest

Angela - hope that the paed was able to help you out with Ella's eczma. Poor little sausage.

Bec - grrr @ your MIL telling you that Eliza wasn't tired. It's funny how they think they know better than you, hey? Like... you have been with Eliza every day for the last 7 + months. I think you would know what her tired signs are by now :roll: . Hope you are getting better sleep at night!

Sarah - I hope Aaron is feeling better. How are you and Master Zander going? Thanks for the comments re. Gabby's outfit. Yellow certainly does suit her. I bought her another yellow t-shirt on Monday. I couldn't resist. It says "I'm having a bad hair day" on it. I thought it would be something funny for her to wear considering she's still pretty bald, LOL. The big nappy-off day sounds like a good idea. Gab loves having a rudey bum but she doesn't get much of a chance of late because she poos just about every single time!

Nell - how's the snot-factor? All better yet. It seems to take forever for the snot to go away, doesn't it?

Hi to everyone else. We have certainly been quiet in here, haven't we??

Gabby now has 2 teeth. I noticed her second one has come through this morning. She was a little off her food yesterday so now I know why! No sign of her top ones coming through yet and she's not too fussed on chewing everything yet. I give her rusks but she mostly just plays with them until the dog comes to steal it from her, LOL.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast