Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 months - 12 months, March '05 #2

YAY for Lachlan being such a big boy! Thats fantastic Kathryn!

Kelly, Matilda still doesn't have any teeth, she cut some ages ago and then they disappeared! The Dr recently said that he was a bit concerned because she did have one starting but he said he'd wait until she was 1 to worry too much.... 8-[

awwww Clare I hope those ab's help Shayla!!

We had a good morning playing with Aidyn & at the park but she hasn't slept except a short nap in the pram today... :-s Yesterday she slept a total of 4 hours in nap time and today was around 30 minutes.... oh I hope we are in for an okay night!!! And tomorrow's sleeps will be disrupted as well with playgroup and then in the arvo we have to go to work for a short trip... hopefully she'll have a bit sleep after playgroup.

Shayla's medice has worked wonders. Last night was the best nights sleep I have had in a while, I think it was Shayla's most solid night for about a week. She didn't even wake as I was getting ready for work.

Last night was funny as I got her medicine out of the fridge, Shayla saw me open it and came over. She stood at my feet, looked up and opened her mouth, like a bird. I squirted the medicine in her mouth and once swallowed she just started giggling. It was so funny.

I have also booked Shayla in to start swimming lessons from next Tuesday, which I am looking forward to.

Well I'm logging off now so I can walk out of the office at 5:00.

Ciao
    Clare

Clare - I am glad to hear that Shayla is feeling and sleeping much better. How cute is that - her actually wanting the meds!!

Kat - what a big brave boy your Lachlan is!!

Poor Aidyns teeth must be killing him atm... every time I put my hand anywhere near him he will grab it and chomp down as hard as he can (ouch!!!!) and his gums are so swollen around his new teeth too...

We had a ball at playgroup this morning! Aidyn is becoming a lot more adventurous and interested in everything, so I just let him go off and do what he wants - he is not interested in sitting by me at all now!
    He is very similar at home too... into EVERYTHING! I can't sit down for even 2 mins without having to jump up and take something off him, or run after him etc.
    We have had such a busy week this week... I have gone out and done something every day for the past week! Its a big change from sitting at home at least 5 days a week like I am used to. It has been wonderful though... Have gone to the Botanical Gardens 3 times this week, the Gold Coast, Southbank, Playgroup.... now I am looking forward to having a quite and restful few days, and hopefully DP will help me out a bit more with Aidyn too.
    What are peoples plans for the Easter break?
    On Sunday we are going to my parents for a family Easter brunch, and then driving down to the Gold Coast to see DP's parents.

Anyway, I think thats all for now... :-k ... so many things have been happening lately, but I just cant remember them all to write in here!

It was great at playgroup...had a rough arvo over here yesterday though LOL Matilda was full on by the time we got home and overtired, then I knocked my ingrown toe nail (OUCH!) and it turned out it was infected (I won't go into the gory details) so I had to get to the Dr but Matilda... I finally got her to sleep, got the neighbour on her way over and then the podiatrist called with a cancellation right then! Amazing, so I got it all taken care of and was back before Matilda woke up. YAY for once everything worked!

So today we've had a great morning, DH is now unpacking his new TV giggling...I'm sitting here with my feet up...ahhh the life

Urgh @ the ingrown toenail Christy!! I can sooo sympathise!
    Lucky you got to see the podiatrist though! (I ended up giving myself a toe 'operation' at home when it happened to me... eeewwww!)

Enjoy your new TV!

We've had a pretty quiet day here today... Took Aidyn to the park this afternoon and he quite liked the swings and those little ride on 'spring' animals iykwim?
    He was in so much pain from his teeth though... crying and screaming, and he has gone off his solids a bit too.
    Its been strange, cause the past 2 nights he has gone to bed by 6.30pm... which doesn't fare well for me now cause it means I will have to be up before 6 every morning now... I really hope he's not changing his routine for good!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow as Kmart has 15% off and we are going to go and put Aidyns birthday pressies on layby

Hope everyone here has had a nice Good Friday!

We have been busy too! Bloody teeth upsetting my poor baby. The top 4 are all coming down at once OUCH. He is up and down most nights but he seems to be making up for it during the day. YAY, he is having 1-2 hrs sleep at a time in the morning and afternoon.
    It really makes a difference in the screaming dept when he sleeps.
    He is eating and drinking like a trooper atm, so once these teeth are thro I'll be happier to get a tiny bit tougher on the night waking.

Poor Shayla - I used to get regular bouts of tonsillitis when I was I kid and it SUCKED. Its good how quickly to antib's work.
    Still getting Mitchells website up, but having trouble with the pics.

Damn house inspection last week - had to hide 3 dogs and a cat. I hate renting. and I lost my glasses at the working bee, probably under 3 inches of new tanbark!

Got to win the lottery soon!

*Yvette* Guest

I thought this post had gone all quiet as I had no emails, but it must have been coz of lock & new one started. Please add me Kathryn, I put my details in the last one. Took me a while to read & catch up.

Thanks for the weetbix sympathy girls. (It’s actually Farmland wheat biscuits here, so much cheaper, & 12yo eats lots!). Yes, it’s harder than concrete & hard to see on a wooden high chair, I have to feel for it.

Have to admit Lulu, I’ve never gone to a working bee in my life. I always say I have enough trouble getting work done at home, or if I’m working at the time I find that sufficient excuse. Where we are now the primary school doesn’t have them, phew! I did volunteer once for a whole term helping in the grade 2 classroom til morning recess. That gave me a new respect for the teacher, what hard work. What a bugger to have lost your glasses, they’re so expensive! I use up all my health insurance on contacts, so if I want new glasses have to pay full price, and my prescription is a doosey. Fully sympathise with the renting thing. We’d need a miracle to be able to buy (but choosing to live here doesn’t make it any easier).

Have started letting Angus think he’s ‘stolen’ the tv remote while I change his nappy, & had some minor success, still a struggle though. Paper could work too, he loves a bit of a shred!

He’s started getting into Dora the Explorer a bit on Nic Jnr (still mostly just the music), and loves that one where the orange thing sings “it’s all upside down”. He’s started pointing to things in books too, which is sooooo gorgeous. Will have to go to the library & get some more board books.

Loved reading the routines, many similarities to ours. ROFL @ Lulu’s routine (sorry) much much sympathy! And Katanya too, we have stopped night feeds now but it took a concerted effort. At 7 mths? Or so I decided boobies were being used for comfort at 4am, so we took turns to cuddle him & put him back down. He soon got the idea, & the cot is out of our room now. Kelly, you’re so busy! You must be younger than me to have all that energy, but when Ruth was a bub I worked & was pretty flat out. It’s amazing how much you can get done when you have to. Shingles though, that’s pretty serious. Do your step kids live with you or visit?

Loved your post Katanya, you described those mummy identity feelings so well. It changes as you have more kids. I do feel though that I can look at a woman and just know if she has kids or not. Something changes in you for sure.

Hope you had fun at Kmart Ambah, those sales are great!

Clare, so sorry Shayla is sick. Oops, reading on, so glad she’s getting better. Coming up to take her medicine was sooooooo adorable.

Sorry ‘bout your tonail Christy, DH gets them & I have to tend them for him as it hard to reach with his back.

Sorry for long post. Will check without waiting for email from now on to make sure I don’t get behind again. Happy choccy & hot cross bun eating everyone, hope you’re all having a lovely weekend.

Hey Yvette.

Can you please do your details again had a quick flick thru the last thread and couldn't find it. I probably blinked.

Love

*Yvette* Guest

Here you go Kathryn, thanks.

Forum Name: *Yvette*
    State: Melbourne, Victoria
    Baby’s DOB: 31st May 04
    Gender of baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Angus Lindsay
    Baby’s Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/angusllb/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Normal 13 hr labour, 8lb 5oz

all added now Yvette

Love

Blergh.... I have come down with a really annoying headcold... sore throat, dripping nose, and headaches... I really hope its better by tomorrow as we have a busy couple of days coming up!
    And I hope even more that I don't pass it on to DP or Aidyn, though I don't really see how that can be avoided.

Oh, another BLERGH from me too... I have been is such a cranky and PMS-y mood today that I took it upon myself to eat waayy too many easter eggs. In fact, since 1pm today my entire diet has consisted of chocolate... 8-[

I can't believe it... Aidyn was sound asleep by 6.10pm this evening.... and it looks like he's down for the night! :shock:

Yvette - I had to laugh about letting Angus 'steal' the remote! Well done! He sounds really cute... isnt is lovely when they start pointing out pictures in their books?
    Just realised he is only a few weeks younger than Aidyn

Ok, I've got to go now and spend some time with DP....

WOW...I missed a day and what happens? LOL

Clare I love the new avatar

Yvette- we just recently discovered a "magic" khombi...LMAO! Matilda lays there and I even have gotten to massage her the last two nights after a bath!! I haven't been able to do that in months. She even lifts her legs up when I start to put the new nappy on her... :-# I'll say no more in case I jinx it LOL

And the paper trick is the way we get her to finish her bottles at home, otherwise after 75mls she's bored and wants to get up and play, so we give her paper towel to shred...she loves it.

Lulu I feel for you and the house inspections... at least being a vet nurse I can bring my animals into work with me Often in two car trips LOL

Kathryn...are you down to your last week?

Yvette - I never went to a working bee at my DDs prim school once!! Even though I live in the next street! I meant to a couple of times, but forgot...or whatever.
    I thought I had better make some sort of contribution somewhere, so I went to a committe meeting of the local playgroup - and ended up being voted in as president (for christ sake!), so thats probably why I'm having a whinge. The irony of it does not escape me! I'm more annoyed at the glasses thing, bloody $300.
    On a better note, Im just off to see my sister at her new place in Brunswick. Its a great big warehouse, and she has a few flatmates that are interested in taking one of our pooches off our hands. 3 doggies is just too much here. We would love to be able to keep her, but if it works out Buffy will have lots more attention - the may even turn her into a circus dog! (my sis is a trapeze artist).

katanya Guest

hi everyone no time to chat just saying hi, felix and i are still at the royal childrens after an infection after his broncialoscopy and are waiting till they can get get someone to set oxygen at home since he still needs it at night

will write more when we finally get home

awww katanya how horrible! I'm so sorry to hear that I [-o< everything gets better really quickly!

Well... we've had a shocker few weeks with colds around here... first the stomach bug, then the fevers & runny nose bug and now its back, the last few days have been filled with runny noses, green stuff, screaming, fevers... argh.... She's been sleeping so much during the days, two 2 hour naps and then goes to bed around 7pm, but then around 4am she's up and down over and over with the nose thing not able to breathe.... today I got up with her and went straight into the shower for some steam, and fess spray and then gave her dimatap... but nothing worked, its now in her chest too... coughing up stuff. And its a two day wait to get into the Dr, by then she'll be better! URGH...

Tired mummy...who is now getting the bug too...because we must share everything 8-[

Well I just typed a huge post and then did something and lost it all, so here I go again.

Shayla is all better now, we are now just finishing off the bottle of medicine, she still loves taking it which is good and makes life a lot easier when we give it to her.

We had a lovely weekend up in Pinnaroo on SIL's farm. They have a 6 week old little girl, Estella. Unfortunately she has colic and a little reflux as well, so she doesn't sleep a great deal, so SIL and her hubby have a lot of sleepless nights. Poor little thing. I don't think I will be complaining about Shayla being awake for 30 mins in the middle of the night due to teething after hearing some of their late night stories.
    Shayla does love her little cousin though. Any timed she cried (which was a lot) Shayla would go over to her as if to check that she was ok. At one stage she was offering Estella her cup of cordial, it was so cute.
    The only downer for the weekend was the fact that the in-laws were there as well. It was funny cause as soon as they pulled up the driveway the four of us (Trent and I and Sil and her hubby) started *****ing about them being there. They were still there when we left and SIL said to Shayla that her first phrase has to be 'Grandad go home' LOL. They always out stay their welcome and don't realise how annoying and demented they are.

Shayla is dribbling so much at the moment. It's like she has a tap in her mouth lol. I guess the teeth are getting closer.

Shayla starts swimming tonight, she loves water so it should be a lot of fun.

Christy: Shayla had the same sort of cold when she cut her last lot of teeth. We used baby panadol (chemist version) and that seemed to do a wonderful job. I hope you don't get sick and run down as well.

Katanya: I hope you are back home soon and that things are picking up for you.

Well I have bought invites into work so I can write out Shaylas birthday invites. I thought I have nothing esle to do I may as well use my time wisely.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

Clare

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast