Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9 months - 12 months, March '05 #2

Hiya Christy

Yep down to my last week. This time next week I will officially be in 1yr - 3yrs

Having some dramas with Kam atm. Gone backwards in toilet training, and lachlan still hasn't got his body clock into sync with standard time, so I am really feeling out of sorts today

Love

I hear you Christy... Aidyn and I have been sick for most of the Easter weekend... I am mostly better now, but Aidyn still has stuff pouring out of his nose, and now he is beginning to cough a little too. Poor thing has been waking up heaps as well, I guess because he is having trouble with breathing through his nose...

Hope you are both feeling better soon, and can get in to see the Dr quickly too!

We all spent yesterday down at the Gold Coast at MIL's.... it was alright, except for when DP decided to go out with BIL for 2.5 hours and leave me to run around after Aidyn, when I was feeling like crap. Their house down there is so not baby proof thats its scary... I couldn't even sit down and rest for 2 mins!! #-o

Awww Kat... don't you worry, we will all be joining you in there soon enough!!

Clare - glad to hear that Shayla is all better now! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend... pity about the IL's though...

Not much better today, so we are off to the GP finally for our appointment... Thankfully Matilda slept amazingly last night and had our best night ever! 7pm at our friends house then she transfered completely to home and woke up at 6.30am!!! OMG! Unless we slept through anything 8-[ because we were both feeling so ill last night when we went to bed we could have slept through anything...and the codral DH took wouldn't have helped...

*Yvette* Guest

Hi all. Kids back to school today & all is quiet while Angus has his nap. Sorry to hear of all the colds. I’ve got either a cold or allergies which I’ve had over a month now. It’s weird coz I usually get over colds in a day or so, and I have itchy eyes & sneezing, just like hayfever, but I haven’t had hayfever for years and years. And I can’t take anything for it, so I feel yuk!

Ambah, know what you mean re non baby-proof house. I have this prob visiting my mum, so luckily she mostly comes here.
    Clare, Shayla sounds so adorable. I hope Angus is as nice when his new siblings arrive. Love those red boots BTW.
    Christy, jealous of your improved nappy changes, hope it’s continuing. I noticed your pets & wonder how your cat gets on with your bird. We’d love to get a parrot one day, but worried about cat. Lulu, what sort of dogs do you have? I love hearing about people’s pets.
    Katanya, it sounds quite serious with Felix. What was the brochialoscopy for? I hope things improve quickly for him. I feel for you with the expressing, I hate it. When Ruth was a bub I had to work full time & send her to crèche with a day’s worth of EBM. I used one of those mega electric ones you hire from the chemist, felt like a cow . It must be a drag worrying about his weight, but he certainly looks happy & gorgeous in your pics. I assume the EBM is so you can add the supplement, but wondering why you can’t just put it in his cereal instead, or is he not too reliable with his solids?
    Kathryn, Angus hasn’t adjusted to normal time yet either, and I’m not thrilled about getting up at 6.30am. We bring him into our room as he gets his nappy changed on our bed, and whenever he’s on our bed he just goes nuts, throwing himself around and climbing on the pillows & mummy & daddy. Then the kitten finds the door open & decides to join in – Arrrgggh, mummy not awake yet, slow down!!!

Goodluck at the Dr Christy... I hope you all get some meds to make you feel better!

Aidyn is still not too good either, but I can't work out if it is his teeth, or him being sick that is bothering him the most. I will give it another day and see how he is re- the little cough he has atm, and if his sniffles go away at all.
    I have just spent the last 2 hours with him screaming and not sleeping, and clutching at his mouth in pain, and snot coming out of his nose... *sigh* well at least he is finally asleep!

DP has got it now too, so it looks like he may be coming home from work early... so I will have 2 sick boys to take care of then... I dont mind though, as I much prefer having DP's company during the day over being alone.

URGH just got back from the GP and Matilda has tonsilitis... he said its actually pretty bad and its necessary to have antibiotics... I'm pretty much opposed to ab's but I don't want the infection to get worse, so she's on them. Yuck. She also got some fever blisters from the time she woke up this morning until she got to the GP. He got a bit concerned and said if she gets more or they don't go down today to go to the hospital tonight....he said they look like shingles...WT?? So katanya, I may see you there at the RBWH later this arvo.

Forum Name: Marisa Man
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 18/06/04
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Kayne Stuart
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Delivered by Venthouse as he decided to turn at the last minute.
    Birth Weight: 6lb 9 oz

*Yvette* Guest

Poor Aidyn & Matilda! I thought only grown ups got shingles from chicken pox or something. Sounds scary. & Felix is still at the hospital? Sending healthy vibes to everyone & their babies!!
    Marisa, good to see you here. Is Venthouse the vacuume thing? Angus turned at the last minute too, but to the way he was supposed to be thank goodness. Boy did I feel it though, the weirdest sensation.

oh I have to have a *vent* now. I'm sooo tired. Soooo tired, I'm just sitting here with my eyes half open listening to Matilda protest being in the cot, but she's only sleeping for 30 minutes and then waking up and then it takes me 10 minutes to get her to sleep again only to have her wake up the minute I put my head on the pillow. Its really amazing if I wasn't so tired I'd be impressed with her. I've just left her in the cot at the moment, because she's sick, I know she's tired, I've done everything possible to get her to sleep. I hired a vaporizor, I've given her fess spray, she's started antibiotics today, and I've held her until she's asleep, and I'm so tired...when she's up she's non stop still...getting into everything. And I've got to work tonight so I have to rest today. URgH... need grandparents stat.

*Yvette* Guest

Big hugs Christy.

Hi everyone

Time seems to pass me by so quickly lately.

Christy - Sorry you are having such a hard time ... sleep is such an amazing thing. Asha has been waking of a night until last night anyway when she didn't wake until 5 this morning!!! Hope her tonsils recover ... they can be such a pain. Emma used to be the same until she had her adnoids and tonsils out at the age of 7 ... best thing that could of happened to her!!! Christy did you vaccinate Matilda for chicken pox? I wonder if by doing that she has skipped the initial chicken pox stage and gone straight to shingles.

Katanya - I hope you and Felix are both doing okay. I am hoping that you got a few more ideas about what is happening with Felix too.

Yvette - Shingles is secondary to chicken pox which means that you have to have had chicken pox first. My brother got shingles when he was 8!!! I have only really just gotten over them and I am 32!

Ambah - Hope your household gets better soon too. *Touch wood* we are all healthy at the moment!

Clare - Hope Shayla loved the swimming ... I know Asha does!! She is such a water baby. Wow Pinnaroo now there is a place I haven't thought about for a while!!!! It has been YEARS since I have been there!

Marisa - Nice to "meet" you. I hope no one is sick in your house!!!

Well we had Asha's 9 month check yesterday (oops just a bit late) and she now weighs 8.520 kgs and is 72 cms long!!!! All of the new winter clothes she was given last year are a size 1 and she has just gone in to a size 0! For the first time in my life I have a baby who is not 1 or 2 sizes ahead of themselves!!!

Hmmmm so quiet in my house, had better go and see what is happening.

Cheers

Christy, I hope you can get some rest soon :hugs: :hugs: Here are some sleepy vibes for Matilda :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: .

Thanks everyone!! Matilda never got back to sleep after hours of trying the only way she would sleep was in the sling, so I had her in the sling, and both of us in the rocking chair and we both fell asleep for 20 minutes....ahhhh.... then DH came home early to help out and I got dinner and had to go to work. Thank goodness he said she went to bed really easy and of course now she's woken up twice since I've been home and is still settling atm...while DH went to bed ](*,) Well we'll see how we go, DH isn't feeling well so I'll let him rest now & he can do the early morning shift.

urgh....still in the process of settling the poor sausage...everytime I put the vapourisor on she wakes up and wants to play with the new thing in the room ](*,) she's so sensitive, yet the neighbours can work on their cars at all hours outside her window and she doesn't stir... and I can vacumn outside her door and it doesn't bother her, but a vapourisor does... #-o

Oh no Christy... you poor dear... I hope that by now you are all sounds asleep in bed and snoring your heads off
    And [-o< ing that tomorrow is a better day for you all.

Thanks girls!! I had a yuck day yesterday, it can only be a better day today! LOL How are you all going? I hope you all had a fantastic night sleep!

I finally got her to sleep last night after an hour with a bottle and turning the vapourisor off....then I went back and turned it on once she was asleep! But then in the middle of the night our safety switch went off for the first time, and DH's alarm didn't go off, at least Matilda woke us up 5 minutes later LOL

Hi Everyone,
    Kelly2202 nice to meet you too!
    Everyone here are well. I am at the point of collapsing from tiredness though!. On top of bubs not sleeping well at nights - I have been flat out with work and that has kept me working til about 8.30 for the past 2 nightsand then theres the 'home' work. We also went away camping on the Easter weekend - so my washing machine has not stopped since Tuesday and arghhhh the pile of ironing #-o .
    I think that I might get a cleaner in once a month to do the big jobs. Does anyone know of someone trustworthy or a good company?

Better get back to work!!

:sleeping:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123