Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months to 12 Months, March '05

Default 9 Months to 12 Months, March '05

Welcome to the 9 Months to 12 Months thread for March 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

9 Months to 12 Months List - March '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Astrolady
    State: South Australia
    Baby's DOB: 5th April, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl boy
    Baby Name(s): Lachlan James
    Baby's Website: http://www.theastroweb.com/lachlan
    Health Concerns: Slight eczema on back of legs
    Notes: Born 12 days early. Only pain relief was pethadine. Weighed 6lb 5oz, length 47cm

Forum Name: MichelleBrissyMum
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 5th April, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Ashlynn Brooke
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ashydashy/
    Health Concerns: N/A
    Notes: N/A

Forum name: Wonderwoman
    State: SA
    Babies D.O.B.: 12th April, 2004
    Gender of baby: girl
    Baby's NameL Shayla Florence
    Baby's Website:http://www.carefactorzero.net/modules.php?name=gallery
    Health Concerns:None
    Notes:Was induced due to Shayla being 9 days late. Used Gas only and was in labour for 90 minutes

Forum Name: Mama Mel
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 22nd April, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Adara
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/adara
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Waters broke at 38wks 2days, induced at 38wks 5days. Had gas and pethidene but wouldn't have pethidene again this time. Born 6lb 8oz.

Forum Name : Ambah
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 2nd May 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Aidyn Jackson
    Baby's Website: http://www.geocities.com/ambahden
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Born 7 days early (induced due to waters breaking)

Forum Name: Katanya
    Baby's DOB: 15th May, 20004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Felix
    Baby's Website: http://members.dodo.net.au/~katanyas/
    Health Concerns: At the moment..him gaining weight! Hopefully it won't be an issue for very long
    Notes: My Partner and I follow Attachment Parenting philosophies, such as sling wearing, extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping and gentle parenting . Raising Felix is the best job I have ever had

Forum Name: Lulu2
    Baby's DOB: 12 June 2004
    Baby Name(s): Mitchell Patrick
    Baby's Website: Getting around to it!
    Health Concerns: Terrible sleeper!
    Notes:

Forum Name: Christy
    Baby's DOB: 17th, June 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Matilda Lee Janssen
    Baby's Website: http://members.optusnet.com.au/janssen97
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) reflux
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) born 17 days late, 20 hours labour, emergency c-section

Forum Name: Kelly2202
    State: Western Australia
    Baby's DOB: 18th June, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Asha Susan Noelene
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelyanbaby/
    Health Concerns: None at the moment
    Notes: Not quite in here yet but in 17 days from now we will be

Forum Name : Vicsta
    Baby's DOB: 19th June 2004
    Baby Name(s): Bailey Harold
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/baileyh/
    Health Concerns: Diagnosed with asthma at 3 months, but have not used ventalin since.
    Notes: Born 3 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia

Over here now girls

I hope everyones bundle of joys are doing well. Not so much bundles now are they lol.

Lachlan said a new word yesterday "ta" so that is 4 words in his vocab now =D>

Love

all done for you Michelle!

Well, to lulu who posted in the last thread, I hope you guys got some sleep! That sounds awful!

Kathryn thats gorgeous with Ta, I can't wait for more words! Except "No" and "why" I think I could live without those two

Matilda's gotten the bug now, had 3 yuck nappies throughout the night with a change of cot sheets & lots of screaming from 5am... but she had a good sleep & seems okay atm... waiting to see how she stomach's the last bottle....I have everything crossed she just gets a minor version of it all.... poor Aidyn!! & you Ambah!! I couldn't look after her & feel that yuck either!

HI girls,

Took my dd Jessica for her weigh in today and was disappointed with her weight gain, only 220gms in a month, but she grew 2.5 cms. SHe is 6740gms which is 14lb 14oz. I know I shouldn't compare but she is so much smaller than the other 3, they ere 19 and 18lb's at 6 months. But she is sitting up and rolling over, moving all around the lounge room and happy and starting to teethe so I guess I shouldn't worry.

We gave her her 1st solids ( if you can call apple cereal solids) tonight, which is all wrong acccording to me as she should have it in the morning but DH wanted to feed her and see her first meal and he would be at work in the morning so he wouldn't listem to me.

Just a catch up in case I mention these things later: Jemma is 2, and broke her finger 4 weeks ago, which we didn't discover until 2 1/2 wks after and so we are going to have to take her in and out of the Royal chn's hospital in Melb for monitoring, and she may need surgery in the next 12 mths to correct the 90degree bend it has in the 2nd bone. I am not happy with the dr who 1 wk after it happened told me it wasn't broken and to only xray in a wks time if it was still swollen.

Anyway don't want to bore you anymore.
    I hope Matilda is well again soon Christy, and thanks for updating me.
    Also I hope Aidyn and AMbah feel better too, mbe why it is so quiet around here, everyone is crook.

Goodnight to all and can't wait to chat
    Michelle

Hey Michelle.

We are all going good. Lachlan started clapping yesterday finally YAY. I know what you mean about babies and different weights etc. There is an 11mth old at playgroup who I thought was over 1 when I first saw him, to only find out there was 10 days difference to him and Lachlan. Lachlan looked like a baby in comparison.

Love

Ummm I am in the list twice ... am sure there is only one of me and more than sure I only have one baby!!

LOL

CHeers

kelly all fixed

Well...Matilda's going through something weird.... although I know she's not feeling 100% she's screeching all the time. I think when I was sick DH jumped everytime she screeched & now she thinks its funny and does it ALL the time. I've been ignoring her while she's screeching, its that high pitched yell that just grates on my nerves, and playing with her when she's quiet. I've put that freaky Boohbah show on for her to watch because that usually is the only thing she'll watch and be quiet too.... and I've tried even putting her in her cot to settle down, but she's not unhappy, she's just screeching. Any thoughts?

I'm feeling ordinary today and hoping for a quiet one, but with all the screaming I already feel like I've been up forever & I'm tired again! argh

Bugger lost last post - will do shorthand version.

Christy - Mitchell squeals too OUCH. He has always been a very loud one though. What the hell is boobah? Thought tellytubbies were bad enough! Wish DS would watch a little bit of telly now and again, just to get stuff done in the morning (BAD MUMMY!). Mitch had a much better sleep last night but DP wakes me at 2am for "you know what" . Idiot.

Michelle - SO BAD about the broken finger. My sister fell about 10 feet onto a concrete floor (trapeze artist, faulty safety equipment) and landed on her arm and hip. They decided not to xray her arm (??). Turns out 2 months later, after repeated complaints, a bone was broken, she needed bone grafts from her hip and this had to be done TWICE cos they never picked it up cos they didnt XRAY.

Mitchell is now crawling - and heads straight for the nearest powercord.

Cheers
    Lulu

Oh I forgot, Mitchell got some icky tummy bug a few weeks ago, and he went right off his food for a good week and a half.
    MCHN told me it can take up to six weeks for their tiny tummies to recover. Aidyn and Matilda probably aren't eating massive amount of solids yet anyway- but it might be an idea to keep 'em on the bland as stuff.
    Mitchell is only now recovering his appetite and put hardly any weight on. Waking thro the night for 4 hrly feeds again is a killer (moan) but I'm glad he is hungry again.

Hope you are all recovering O.K girls!

Lulu

Morning girls,

I so should be house cleaning but I can think of heaps better things! LOL

Your poor sister Lulu, I hope things worked out alright for her.
    And naughty Mitchell, why do they always find the things they shouldn't.

Christy- your poor head! I have a screamer too, but Jemma is 2 and we still can't control her screaming. I thik they like the sound it makes and the way it vibrates their heads LOL, not that that helps you of course.

Yay Kathryn for Lachlan clapping! Jemma is quite big for her age, and as she is already toilet trained (did it herself before she turned 2) I think people assume she is older. I say she is big but she and the older 2 were all 90th percentile and Jessica has been the 50th percentile all along. Inevitably 1 of our kids had to be little, Arron is almost 6 ft but I didn't quite make 5ft, so maybe she is more like my build, cos the others definetly are more like their fathers side.

Nothing much going on around here today, except cleaning and washng and boring stuff, although I had wanted to go and open bank accounts for the 2 babies, we'll see how the day pans out! I am using patches to quit smoking and today is day 6, things are going well so far. Arron decided he too would give up so he started on Monday and so far so good for him too. it is so easy to go back to smoking, but so very hard to get off it!

I am waiting for an appointment to have a gastroscopy as have had a lot of probs since about a mth after Jessica was born with reflux, and a very scratchy, uncomfortable throat,sometimes it feels like I have something stuck in there. So health wise I feel crap almost everyday as I am off meds until I have the test and check out what is going on. Of course this has been going on since Oct so I am hoping to get it sorted out soon.

Hope Ambah and Aidyn are better.

Kelly- I noticed that, thought maybe you had a twin/alias somewhere else LOL. Hope you Asha and the kids are all well.

Cheers Michelle

Wow Michelle =D> you are going really well with quitting smoking! Its such a hard thing to do, I did hmmmm.... how old is Matilda? LOL I quit just a week before I found out I was PG...so it sort of helped motivate me to stay quit

Unfortunately Christy I have quit and gone back so many times. It only takes 1 and I'm history, which is why if Arron starts up again it is almost inevitable that I will too, and actually most of the times I have started again were bcos of him, good excuse hey?LOL
    I do so want not to smoke though, everytime I had one I would say I hated it but I still did it. Will power alone just doesn't cut it anymore and so the patches are good, and it has been much easier to quit this time that's for sure.

Cheers Michelle

Hey girls

Just got home from Playgroup. As from next week I am going to go twice a week. Gets me out of the house. The mums on Wednesdays are lovely but only one of them also goes on a Monday. Apparently Mondays arent very busy even though they have a full listing, but will be good to get out of the house for a couple of hours another day a week Some of the other Wednesday Mums goto a different playgroup on a Monday so maybe I can talk them into our monday one too

Love

Thats great news Kathryn...now that swimmings almost finished I'm going to be looking for something else to do one day a week just to get Matilda out & about....

She just won't sleep today!!! & I'm exhausted... She slept 15 minutes after it took me an hour to settle her, and then someone showed up and it woke her up (she never wakes up even when we walk in her room...) and after an hour again I gave up trying to settle her, now she's in her cot awake and not sleeping AGAIN.... I'm so tired... When's my coffee break? LOL... I haven't had lunch yet, or breaky at that...I did get some juice in this morning thank goodness... now I'm just getting grumpy with her.

katanya Guest

Hi everyone, I always get lost at the start of each month! I look for new posts in the old forum #-o one day I'll remember the date!

Kathryn that is so cute about the "ta" and alos great news about the playgroup! I am hoping to get into one up here once the house is unpacked properly. I have my mother group where I used to live but since that is now 1/2 drive I might only meet up occasionally.

Christy: I hope Matilda is feeling better, that is terrible with her been so sick. I am not sure but is the screeching associated with anything else, because Felix also screeches but is only testing his vocal ability? he just screeches away whil he's playing or walking or in the shopping center 8-[

Michelle: 220grams in a month sound pretty good for her age to me, Felix between 4-6 mths gained 20 grams..so when you compare it sounds okay! He has only gained 700 grams in 6 mths(was only 7000 at 6mths and a boy), so around 120 a month.. 8-[ Of course there appears to be a reason, but it took ages before anyone actually freaked out about it, because some babies can just catch it all up again..Felix didn't..Very exciting starting solids!! Felix is really only into solids now, he never got rice cereal!
    oochies to your DD Jemma, that sounds really painful, and awful that no one picked up such an obvious problem! Hope it doesn't result in surgery for her!
    Hope your gastrosclopy goes okay, I was meant to have one a few years ago and chicken out, but I know that I have IBS, just didn't want the camera up my butt! good luck with the quitting
    lulu: Congrats on the crawling or should I say your life is now over as you knew it!! WAIT for the cruising [email protected]! :shock:

Well now today I am feeling much better, I have been feeling absolutely disgusting, I nearly lost it yesterday as the house was a mess, Felix wouldn't sleep, my voice was missing, and I felt like I couldn't cope, I felt like I just wanted to walk out..DP had a morning off and was playing playstation, so I kind of started yelling..it movated him to move some stuff, but I had to apologise later as I was rather a dragon.

Anyhow today was a good day, I had some new idea about felix's food and everything, so feel much better.

Many a time have I threated to kill the stupid playstation. I hate them. They bring out the dragon in me too!

Good morning everyone,

Christy- sounds like you have had a terrible couple of days, I hope Matilda settles again soon, how is the tooth dept at the moment, maybe that is something to do with her being unsettled? LOL at the coffee break? What is that....?

Kathryn- the playgroup sounds great, I have never really taken any of the kids to playgroup, I was working full time with the first 2 and now I am so tired, maybe when the girls are bigger we may start. At the moment I am just trying to catch up with housework and doung a really good job (NOT) as I am on here LOL.

Katanya- Hope things improve for you today. There is nothing worse than a DH who stays home and relaxes while you do stuff, especially when there is heaps to do. We have an xbox, which Arron insisted the kids have for xmas, but he really wanted it for himself and nothing annoys me more than him playing when stuff needs to be done.

Hope things start to get organised quickly, it is difficult setting up everything after a move. How's Felix going and when's his next appt?

I am not going to worry about Jessica's weight, I'm sure there is no prob, just being silly by comparing her to the others. She is really getting into the cereal. Now can you girls refresh my memory, cos I forgot to check with the HC, how long just on cereal, when do I give her other things? You would think I'd remember, since she is the 4th but so much happens between starting solids and getting to be 2 that I forget everytime. Arron was trying to convince me that icecream was next, and telling her she could have some last night, Fat chance of that happening while I'm in charge.

Anyway, must go, sure I have a million zillion things to do, boring stuff but still stuff.

See ya Michelle

Hey Michelle,

Yeah I only started taking Kameron from 3rd term last year. I think he was getting a bit bored at home and at that stage Lachlan didn't do much LMAO. I can't afford swimming lessons ($22 a weeks for 2 kids) so that is our few hours out a week and is only $2 a session with each session going for 2hrs.

Love

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast