Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, September/October '05

Mimo, Yasin is 11 months now and most days he only has one nap. IKWYM about Hannah being at a really cute age. Yasin is not so cute now that he can walk and gets into everything.
    Tegan, congratulations to Lily on crawling =D> now she'll really keep you on your toes.

I'm off on holidays for a couple of weeks so I won't be in alot but I'll try to stick my head in whenever I get a chance.

Have a good time on your holiday Dach!

Hi everyone

Dach have fun on your holiday!

Only 3 weeks until Grace's first birthday. I am looking forward to it but I am also a bit sad because she is growing out of that 'baby' phase.

SIL had her baby yesterday, a little boy. She named him Benjamim David. He was 8lb 1oz I think, and 48 cm long. It was a pretty quick birth - she was induced, and had her waters broken and the drip put in at about 11 am then he was born at 1:13 pm. No drugs and no tear or anything which is good. I went to see him not long after he was born and he was so tiny, I felt all nostalgic remembering when Grace was that little. Sigh. Stupid hormones - I don't want another baby, but seeing Benjamin yesterday brought back all those emotions. I just keep reminding myself that it's not all fun and games and that Jo (SIL) has her work cut out for her now with 4 kids.

I have decided I am going to apply to do a Graduate Diploma in Education, focusing on the 'Early Years' which is birth to 8 years old. I can do it via distance ed over two years with QUT. I already have a Bachelor of Arts, so I don't have to do the whole Bachelor of Education, which is good because it is 4 years full time. Anyway when I am finished I will able to register to work as a teacher in QLD, teaching the lower 3 grades of primary school, or preschool. I am looking forward to it, though DH has thrown a spanner in the works because he is talking about getting work in Port Campbell in victoria, and if he does that and we move to vic for a while then I can't do it, because I have to be in QLD to do practicals and any on campus meetings. So now I have to decide whether to apply or not.

Anyway this has turned into a bit of a mammoth post so I will go now before I ramble any more!

Bon

Wolf also has 2 naps. One around 10 and one around 2. In total it would probably add up to 2-3 hours.

Yeah on Lily crawling!!

Oh.. talking about naps;.. Wolf just woke from his morning nap.. better give him lunch!

Hey Snowy, good to hear form you! Hows bubs #2 going? Do you know what your having?

Lily did the cutest thing last night. We went to the pet shop and was looking at the cute puppies and Lily was so interested in them and she kept looking at them and then me with the biggest smile on her face. It was like 'aww can i have one mum?' It was so sweet!

that sounds very cute Tegan, does that mean the next addition to the family will be a dog? LOL
    Michelle

Tegan, aww how cute, I dont know how you resisted Lily's "puppy dog" eyes! hehe.

Well, DH and I had a chat last night and he is keen to start trying for #2! Hmm, not sure about it all really so I will wait until I am 100% sure I am ready. My sister has just started TTC #1, and this may sound silly but I would feel bad if I 'beat her' as I know how much she wants it. So maybe I will wait until she is officially pregnant, but then I dont want to wait too long!

I have started thinking about Aidan's 1st birthday party and I have decided on a Blues Clues theme as he loves the show and I want to make it a real kids party, it's not a party for the adults! We have decided to have it at home as we have a good backyard area and I think I will do a sausage sizzle with salads, shouldn't be too hard... except I am going to TRY and make a 'Blue' cake, I found a template on the Nick Jr. website.

Jess

I love blues clues! lol. Just that he looks cute. I have no idea what theme to have Lily's party and i don;t know anyone who has kids Except everyone on here, which we haven't met IRL so looks Lily is going to be the only one under 18!

Jess make sure you take photos of the Blue cake, I'd love to see it Zander has decided he likes Blues Clues as well so I might just have to steal your idea there - only got 6months til he turns 1!!!

Colleen Guest

That Cake sounds great!!! 2 months and 5 days til Jay is one and I still have no idea what to do for it!!!! :s

Yay on Lily Crawling, still nothing here, hes commando'ing and gets around the room super fast lol He loves to stand up too.

I have the flu so im feeling a bit sorry for myself and if you saw my boohoo post, jaykob bit me they other day and drew blood

Apart from that all is well, DP went away for the weekend m/bike riding and suprised us by ringing on the saturday night saying he was in sale when really he was out the front! He said he missed us too much so came home early... very sweet!

I hope everyone is well!

Colleen. Hope you feel better soon.

Colleen that is such a sweet surprise!! And get well soon.

I promise to take a photo of the cake, only if it turns out!!

Tegan, I am sure Lily will have a great day as long as her 2 favourite people are there! Go to the Nick Jr. aussie website, you may like to pick a special theme just for her, and they have lots of cool stuff.

Jess

Hello girls,

Tegan, that's so cute on her watching the puppies and looking like she wants one. Wolf is soooooooo fascinated by animals. We saw friends on the weekend who have a Vizsla and he LOVED petting the dog. I would love to get a pet but it's just not possible until we return to Oz for good. Plus I'd rather get a pet when the kids are a bit older because a) then you don't need to explain too much stuff when the dog dies and b) the kids can help and feel like it's "their" dog and learn responsibilities etc.

Wolf has been taking 3-4 steps towards DH or I - it's so cute! He loses courage though after a few and hunches back down to go on all fours. Such a shame cause he looks quite balanced... oh well, I am sure he'll take more steps when he feels ready for it.

My belly seems to have popped over night. I feel much bigger today and the belly is a bit sore / feels heavy (IYKWIM).
    Jess, yeah on maybe trying for #2 soon. I can understand that you might not feel entirely ready for it. I don't at times. Which doesn't mean I'm not totally excited and am looking forward to having this baby but there is also lots of worrying going on about how I'll cope etc.
    Another set of friends we saw on the weekend happened to be talking to his parents on the phone just when we came and he told them that I'm pregnant etc and the mom said "tell her that I think she's very courageous"
    8-[
    ooops... better not tell her it wasn't planned or she would revert that to "tell her she's very stupid" ...

No, no, I have decided not to listen to any negative stuff and be positive about having no.2 so close.

Snowy

Yay Lily is 10mths old today!! Only 2 more mths until her birthday ( OMG :shock: )

just a quick hi as eliana is already cranky - think she sees me get my laptop out & know it is time for the pretend tears!
    we had a great holiday but i will type more later & do personals
    just wanted to say we are back

hey there,
    posting in here for the first time,as Dominic is now 9 months old....My God where did the time go!!!! LOL!!!
    I cant believe there are only 3 more months and he is 1!!! my little man is growing up....
    Hey Snowy,conrgrats on the pregnacy!!! I didnt even realise you were pregnant,and dont worry about it,you will cope just fine....
    Can someone move my details over from the 6-9 months thread???
    Talk to you all soon!!!

Welcome Suzie!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast