Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, September/October '05

Oohh all the bubbas are growing up so fast!

I dont know how long Aidan is, but I do know he is 11kg's, my big little man!

Wow 11kgs! Least you can say he's healthy!!

Colleen Guest

hi girls

all is getting better here, DP is sick now so we are all passing it around! Jaykob also got bitten by a spider 2 nights ago but he doesnt seem fussed by it, just gotta watch it and hes on some medicine.... My lil man is in the wars!!

Jaykob finally did a few metres of proper crawling, hes really getting the hang of it, its awesome to watch but im sure i will be wishing that he couldnt move soon lol

Jaykob also got measured today, we go to music (kinda like kindermusik) at the health centre so we snuck in a quick weigh... 12.9kilo, 79.5cm long and his head circ is 51.5

The MCHN also said his fontanalle (sp?) has closed up early, but she said its probably due to his size, his head is pretty big she said lol but he IS in proportion....

Had a Le Reve party tonight so my house is smelling lovely! We have swimming tommorrow but im not really keen to get in, see how i feel in the morning... Also having a girls night out tommorrow night, just heading to a local pub or something.. Its become a regular thing, not that im complaining!!

Tegan - How are things with you ??

Take Care everyone!!! - Colleen

Colleen, things are good here. Wow at 12.9kgs, glad Jaykob is in proportion though. Makes my little princess skinny as a rake. Though i always get comments on how petite she is. Bad thing about it is i always worry she isnt eating enough although she eats like horse! Must have a fast motabelism.

Colleen, all I can say is wow, 12.9kg's! He is gonna be a sportsman for sure, tall and muscley (sp?)!

And Tegan, maybe Lily is going to be a ballerina?!

tegan - eliana is the same - tall & thin (9.2kgs & 77cms long) she has never been a chubby bubby no matter how much i try & fatten her up! yay on lily clapping - she must look so cute - good luck with everything when you head back to qld

jessica - hope aidan is better now - did any teeth come through? hope enjoyed being able to catch up on some sleep - i miss having my parents close by as i'd love to be able to have some more "me" time

beth - how are you enjoying the rain? at least it hasn't been too cold - hope to see the sun this weekend!

colleen - bummer that you've been doing the cold cycle - hopefully you will all be over it by now - jaykob's cake sounds amazing - make sure you take heaps of photos

suzie - poor dom being sick again - luckily eliana has only had one cold but i know how miserable they are when they are sick - hope you've managed to catch up on some sleep

eliana went to her friends to play yesterday - the girls are so cute when they want to share toys plus they have a kitten that eliana loves - it is still raining here (not that that worries me as i don't like the heat) also an excuse to not do the washing!! both of eliana's top teeth are through now but she has become a bit clingy & i can hardly go anywhere without her being able to see me

hope everyone has a great weekend - im off to a craft fair on sunday with DP's mum (so she can look after eliana if she gets crappy)

Mel, nup, still no teeth, not that I can see anyway, but he seems to be a lot better. Teething is so frustrating for us Mums, I hate to imagine how hard it is on the little ones. It must be hard without your parents close by, I know even I complain and my parents are only just under an hours drive away. Chris' Mum is closer but she is so... non-proactive (?). Like I have to ask her if she wants to see Aidan, it's all a bit wierd. The best way to describe her is 'hermit'. Although she is very nice, just so quiet and 'mousey'!! She needs to get some balls! hahaha.

Hey Tegan, don't worry about LIly she sounds fine to me. Jess is 13 and a half mths and at 13mths was 8.6kgs and 72.5cms. But she is in proportion so not much I can do. Admittedly she is a terrribly fussy eater which is frustrating. But I thnk Lily seems to be growing fine.

And for the bigger bubs, as long as height and weight are close togeter then everythig is fine.

Sorry for butting in girls, some of you aren't far from joining us in the next thread, who will be the first to graduate?

See ya
    michelle

I think bon_w is next. I think we're 6th on the list! Only 7 weeks until Lily's birthday!! That is scary how fast it has gone! My baby is growing up too fast I have also recently noticed a huge change in her personality. She's becoming way more cheeky and learning things really quickly too without us really having to teach her. For eg, when i say 'no' she will shake her head and have a serious look on her face(its so cute!) because i used to shake my head at her when i said it but now i just say no and she does it and also i've noticed whenever she is hungry she whinges 'ning ning' funny i know but its becoming a routine now!

7 weeks!! I didn't realise it was so soon till their birthdays! I haven't done a thing for Kaleb's yet, I guess I should start! Awwwh at Lily shaking her head when you say no, that's so cute!

LOL at your MIL Jess! They're funny old things, MILs, aren't they? Mine is very wierd in lots of ways, but I've realised after reading the stories of some of the BB girls that it could be a lot worse!

Mel, the rain was great, but I am relieved to have a bit of sunshine now so I can get some washing done! I can't believe on Thursday I had to drag out some of Kaleb's winter gear, then yesterday we were back in the pool!

Kaleb is just a teething machine at the moment. From getting his first two teeth at 6 months, to nothing for 3 months, now he has been getting one a week for the last 5 weeks. We dropped into the clinic to weigh him, he is 11.2kgs, then tried to measure him at home with little success, he is roughly 79-80cms. I am just starting get my first pg crappy feelings, nausea and tiredness, it makes me think how does anyone ever manage to keep their pg a secret for 12 weeks, when I am struggling to act normal at 5wks?

jess - has aidan's teeth come through yet? it is so hard knowing that you can't do anything to help - my parents are an hour north of here & i do try & get up there as often as i can but it would be nice to have mum be able to come over for a few hours during the day - DP's mum works but she does help out when she can

michelle - only a few more weeks & we will be up with the big kids!!

tegan - too funny about lily & ning ning! at least she is letting you know what she wants - before you know it she will be talking in sentences - why do babies grow up so fast?

beth - how is kaleb's teething going? eliana seems to getting the next two top teeth now (DP calls her chompers) is your pregnancy going well?

it was back to warm weather on the weekend though it is overcast here today - when it gets warm eliana's hair curls more so it looks so cute - she did well to spend the day at the craft fair & has started pointing - she still isn't doing a proper crawl but manages to get around alright - she is laughing at boo bah on tv - has anyone watched this show - it is weird!

Default !

Hi everyone

It is Grace's first birthday today! My baby is growing up. We had a party on saturday for her, she had great fun even though she had no idea what all the fuss was about! She devoured her cake, which made for plenty of cute photos.

Anyway, this means I will be moving on into the 'toddler' thread, but I will be seeing you all again soon enough!

Beth - congrats on the new bub! Hope you have an enjoyable pregnancy.
    Now that Grace is 1 I have been thinking about whether I want another...I had these same feelings when Harry turned 1 which is how I ended up pg with Grace! But I really think I would be better off waiting for another couple of years.

So farewell for now,

Bon

Happy Birthday Grace!! Aidan will see you in the toddler room in a few months!!

Mel, still nothing! It makes me wonder if he is really teething, but I wouldn't think it is anything else because he has no other symptoms??!! I guess they move around a lot in their gums. He woke twice last night crying, and he NEVER normally does that. We eventually decided to give him some Nurofen so then he slept throught till 6:45am. My poor little man, I hope he gets some relief soon. Besides last night, generally he has been much better, although he is a little cheeky lately, has this ear-piercing 'bored' squeal, I worry that I am not being strict enough on him but there is only so much discipline I can give to a 10month old!!

I started planning 'THE' party today, I have 76 adults and 10 kids EEEK! I have bid on some Blues Clues stuff on ebay and will use those invites for the kids, and for the adults I am going to print an invite on the back of a photo, I did that for a 'thankyou note' when Aidan was born and everyone loved it.

Beth, I hope the 'icky' stages of your pregnancy fly by and you will be glowing in no time!!!

Tegan, is everything sorted with DF?

Happy Birthday Grace!

Jess, Lily was teething for 4 months before she got her first tooth, they kept going up and down, it was terrible. She got her second one 2 days after the first and now isn't teething at all since so i dont think we'll be seeing anymore teeth soon! Yep everything is sorted out with me andF.

I still don't know which cake to make Lily for her birthday i was thinking maybe a '1' cake with a teddy sleeping or a ladybug, which looks gorgeous! Or I might do something different all together! I have 2 kids birthday cake books to choose from and still got about 7 weeks, but they all look so cool, its so hard to choose!

Oh I'm so terrible at posting here .... but my energy often barely is enough for the pregnancy thread. So sorry girls!

Beth, congrats on the pregnancy - I just saw it.

As to the size: Wolf was measured last week and he is 74 cm and 9.5kg, head circ is 48cm - with that he is dead smack in the middle of the growth charts in Germany.

Well, we definitely won't be having a big birthday bash for Wolf as it now turns out I am flying to Japan with Wolf and my mom to see my brother and his family. Wolf's cousin is turning 3 on the 15th of Nov and his other cousin just turned 1 this month, so that should be fun. I hope the flight with Wolf and pregnant belly will be okay, but DH is gone for 5 days anyways to NYC on business and otherwise I'd just be sitting at home. My mom wanted to go for my nephew's birthday but didn't want to go on her own (my dad can't go for health reasons, he is waiting for an operation and can't leave the country). We get back the Sunday before Wolf's birthday (which is Monday 21st Nov), so there won't be any time to organise anything. I think I will bake a cake though (or maybe order one?) and my mom will still be in London, so he gets to party with Mom, Dad and Oma. On the weekend of his birthday we are flying to Berlin (where we will most likely meet my parents again), so we might have a nice dinner or something with my other 2 moms in Berlin. So nothing exciting - but I don't think Wolf will mind.
    My mom bought him a bobby car for his birthday while I was in Germany and he LOVES it. So cute. He can go backwards on it and loves to push it around by the handle meant for me to push him around with

Snowy

Not exciting hey Snowy? Just reading your post makes it exciting goes to all those places! Must be great to just cross the boader into another country in a few hours! When are you coming back to Aust? Will you be staying here for good or going back?

Wow Snowy, Wolf's birthday sounds like it's going to be great!

Bon, glad to hear Grace had a great birthday! See you in the next forum soon!

Jess, OMG at how big Aidan's birthday is going to be! What a great idea, printing the invites on the back of a photo! Did you get the blues clues stuff? I have to admit, I have become a bit of an ebay addict lately. I sell my aromatherapy products on there, and can't resist having a look at stuff to buy as well!

Mel, that Boobah show is very strange, but Kaleb loves it too! They must have somehow got into the brains of babies to see what amuses them, because as an adult I don't understand! Did you cop much of the storm last night?

Okay, have to go get ready for swimming lessons now. I just hope I'm not sick in the pool !

Beth, I would love to hear more about your ebay shop, I have been thinking about something like that but am not much of a risk-taker. Do you buy stuff from overseas then sell it for profit? I have heaps of Q's, do you mind emailing me, if you can find my address, it should be in my profile.

Tegan, yay for all sorted, you sound much happier!

Snowy, I am going to Japan too! Without Aidan but to see my best friend for 1 week, I leave on the 5th of Nov and will spend most of my time in a place called 'Gifu'. Am excited but so nervous about being away from my man, dont even want to think about that! It's strange having mixed emotions about a holiday!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast