Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, September/October '05

Tegan, we'll be back in Oz in March for a wedding (I'm a bridesmaid.. that will be interesting with a 16 months old and a 4 week old...) but only for a few weeks. I think we will probably move back in 4-5 years or so.

Jessica, how funny you'll be in Japan too! Never heard of Gifu? where is that? My brother lives in Tokyo (Shinjuku to be more precise). I don't think I could leave Wolf for a week.... that will be hard, won't it? My mom wanted me to leave Wolf with her when I went to Berlin for 2 days and I couldn't...

Beth, oh no, hope the m/s isn't too bad (and hope you didn't chuck in the pool).

FIL told me today that I hug Wolf too much... I don't think you can hug your child too much, can you?? He's my little sunshine and I am forever kissing and cuddling him - but I love it. He'll be big before I know it and tell me to cut it out!

Snowy

PS.
    Happy Birthday Yasin!!

jessica - sounds like aidan's party will be great -cool idea for his invites, i will send a photo of eliana as a thank you with her holding whatever she gets given - any teeth show up yet? poor little having to put up for it for so long & still have nothing to show for it - you will love japan - i spent a month in osaka & found it so interesting

tegan - the teddy cake sounds cute - i had grand plans for eliana's but seeing we have to have it in a park i need something that won't have to be refridgerated - will have to get myself one of those cake books

snowy - you tire me out just reading about all your travelling but glad you are getting around & that your pregnancy is going well - wolf sounds like he is growing up well - sounds too cute with his new car - you can never hug a baby too much!!!

beth - didn't get much of that storm - just really windy & we could see all the lightning - we are at stafford so i think this area missed most of it - though it's overcast today & i just wish it would rain or become sunny - muggy weather is dreadful - how did you go with the swimming lessons?

eliana is getting cheekier & cheekier - i keep thinking she can't be any more cheeky & then she does something & i think it is amazing that someone so little thinks up things like this to do! she is really into reading books at the moment & of course any toy that moves & makes a loud noise - her gums are still a bit red & i can see the next two teeth on the top but they dont seem to be coming through

hi all, long time no chat....but been sooo busy with Kat and waiting for this one to decide she's cooked enough to come out and play. Glad to see everyone seems to be going well and I too am finding it hard to believe that our little lambs are so close to their first birthdays!! Time really had flown! For kat's b'day we're doing helium balloons (she LOVES them) and tying treats that she likes half way up the streamers so the little ones can pull them down to get the treats. Not sure what cake we're having, but she loves pressies and parties so chances are she'll have a scream of a time and we'll have a huge mess to clean up afterwards! Yay! I love it how kids don't have fun unless they make a mess....it's so cute seeing them covered head to toe in vegemite or whatever......hehe

Good to hear from you Kerrie, glad to hear Kat is doing well, love the helium balloon idea! Hope your pg is going well, not long to go!

Mel, the weather is awful today, isn't it? I wasn't sick at swimming, thank goodness! Kaleb, who normally loves his lessons, decided that yesterday he would be on strike - no kicking or paddling, just sitting in my arms watching everyone else. Perhaps he was a bit tired, it was very strange.

Jess, Japan, how exciting! Not long to go now! It will be hard to leave Aidan, there's no doubt about that, but I'm sure you're leaving him in good hands! You make sure you enjoy yourself! I will email you the details of my ebay store, I actually make my own products and sell them. I do some of the markets around Brissy too, but ebay selling is just another way to get the stuff out there.

Snowy, I definitely don't think you can hug babies too much! You are exactly right, before we know it we'll have to practically force them into hugs! I think maybe this is a bit of a male opinion, that hugging boy babies too much will make them soft? I know my dad says it to my mum, cos she just wants to cuddle Kaleb the whole time she sees him - he wouldn't dare say it to me!

Snowy, what a silly thing for FIL to say! Like Beth said I think it must be a 'male thing', although I must admit Aidan's Grandad loves to give him lots of cuddles, then again he only had 2 daughters so maybe he is used to it! Yes it is going to be really hard going to Japan without my 'sidekick', but DH was adamant that Aidan couldn't go (I know, I've told him so many times it is such a safe place, my best friend tells me and she has lived there for 6 months) but he just wouldn't listen. I would not have left Aidan at home if DH wasn't looking after him, so I feel a little better that his Daddy will be taking great care of him...

Mel, no teeth still, I think I am beginning to imagine white specks on his gums but at closer look... nothing! I know what you mean about cheekyness, sometimes I think 'am I a slack, bad mother' but then I remind myself I am only doing the best that I can, and everything I know of.

katkins, I cant believe you are about to pop again, it seems like yesterday.... I know it sounds like a line, but time really does fly, so much more so when you have kids!

Beth, thanks for the email, now I am trying to come up with something brilliant to sell on ebay permanantly....!

Colleen Guest

Yasin - Happy Bday for yesterday \/

Jessica - Have a great time in Japan, not long til you go! We also have about 70 Adults & 15 kids, bit scary! :-s

Happy belated birthday Grace , see you in a few weeks.. \/

Hello to everyone else & their bubs

Well we are going away for the weekend.. Motorbike riding ... Jaykobs only been once before - he was about 5 months and he did great, so not as scared as I was last time ( we camp) lol

Not much else is new.. Jaykob keeps pointing at DP and saying Mumma & looks at me and says dad and then laughs, I think hes bit of an old soul having a laugh sometimes.

Take Care - Colleen

Colleen, camping sounds like fun, I was too nervous to take Aidan when all our friends went away this Easter, but I think (if I get time off work) we will go next year, it sounds like lots of fun. We go up to Cobram (sp?) every year, having said that I have managed to only go once in four years, what with weddings, pregnancy and newborns!

Wow Jaykobs already had his first holiday! Cool that you're going again too. We're planning on going to the Sea World Nara Resort end of this year/early next year. So that will be Lily's first holiday. Even though it is only about 35mins away from home

Colleen Guest

ooo seaworld sounds like fun!

Jaykobs 1st holiday was at 4 weeks, while we were still living in darwin, we flew to Sydney & Melbourne for 7 days... actually most of his life has been holidaying lol

At 3 months we travelled back from Darwin to Melbourne by car & went out to Ayers Rock & All through S.A.. We lived & worked on the stuart hwy at erldunda for 4 weeks too (with jaykob)

I think he wonders why we dont spend so much time in the car anymore lol

Wow! Well we don't class these as holidays BUT in Lily's 10mths of life she's been on 6 plane trips!! I bet she's going to be a traveller when she's older. lol

Just locking this thread to start a new one.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678