Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 06 #4

hi all - just watching an interview with the new superman - he has MONSTER eyebrows!!

oops, got a bit sidetracked there...how's everyone doing? Sooz, great to hear you're moving back to Perth - the 4 of us (you, me, lisa & sush) will have to catch up when you're all settled.

Theresa, good to hear your girls are doing a little better, I hope you get Georgie's sleep sorted soon.

Everybody has a feral day every now and then Jacci - I think I'm in for a feral week! Josiah has a snuffly nose, so he's not sleeping the best. I've given him some demazin to stop the snuffles while he sleeps, which works for a little while but gives him pretty bad wind. I also have Janae home today with conjunctivitis. Trying to keep her away from Josiah is such an effort, and it means all my plans for the day go out the window and will have to wait until she's next at daycare - I'm running out of days before I start work to get everything done!

abs, I get the grunts and groans and funny facial expressions when Josiah is doing a poo, but luckily not the smell!! I applaud you for getting so involved with the whole nappy changing etc. Mark is really good with stuff like that, but doesn't change Josiah's nappies yet, he prefers to wait until bubs is a bit bigger. I don't mind, he did the same thing with Janae, He doesn't realise the bigger they get, the messier and smellier the nappies!!

Anyway, gotta get Janae out of the bath and see if I can get a bit of housework done. Have a good day everyone

Bel

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Jacci,

after that night where Charlie slept 8pm to 4.30am, he then had a couple of nights of waking every 3 hours, and just last night got back to 8pm to 5am. Who knows why they suddenly change? I wasn't sure what it might have been, but did put Charlie in a Grobag sleeping bag last night instead of under blankets, but can't be sure if that did the trick, or he was just having a bit of a growth spurt and needed more feeds for a few days.

Bel would be great to meet some Perth April mums.

Hello everyone else!

abs Guest

Hmmm, might any of the Melbourne April mums be up for a coffee or something somewhere ?? Jen & I will be in Melbourne from July 14ish til 21st (Fri-Fi) - though they will probably be arrive and departure days

Driving down, so will have our own wheels.. staying in Hampton (I think) - but willing to travel

Sushee, Jordy has hated those grobag/sleeping bag things.. we tried him once in each of two types, and he hasn't been back in em. We do wrap him from like the abdomen down though

Anyone seen those Bumbo things ?? We were given/loaned one from a friend. Jordy had his first sit in it earlier today - 2 pics of him in the latest pics on his website here

Bel, I have been told well and truly that they get worse over time... have you all seen that Fathers and Babies video doing the rounds on the web... that's more like Jen than me (though I think I mentioned that a few days ago)

Jacci, I hear things can change often with bubs, luckily (* touches wood *) Holly has been sleeping through (in bed around 8-10pm, up 6-8am) every night since about 7wks, except for 1 night of 4hrly feeds about 3wks ago. I've also been told this happens during growth spurts of 3,6 & 12wks.

WTG on Nixon's weight gain Nickers.

Abs, like the lil chair.

Oh & wouldn't u know it, 1wk after post partum bleeding stopped, it started again, but just spotting, think it's the usual spotting I get b4 AF, & I think I had AF at 8.5wks so guess it'd be due Fri, doh. Well Holly has put on 200gm this wk, yay, after nothin last wk (but dressed weights), so all good, now 5kg. Blue bk checkup is on Monday.

Hey y'all - has anyone heard from Kelly W? I remember one of the boys having a hernia and was wondering what the go was with it. I noticed a lump in Amber's belly today and someone said it might be that. Anyone know anything about them? I am about to go google it and see what i come up with. Arrrrgh!

abs Guest

A Doc is always better (well usually anyway) than self diagnosis Sooz... hope it turns out to be nothing

And nah, don't think we've heard much from her for a while... hopefully it's just her boys keeping her a bit busier than planned

Hi everyone.

Sooz, hope the little lump in Amber's belly turns out to be nothing serious.

Shell, sounds like Holly is sleeping really well - excellent news! Always good to hear babies are good sleepers!

Don't worry abs, Jordan will get better at his sleeping eventually, every baby is different - I've noticed the difference even between Janae and Josiah. Janae has only just started sleeping through consistently now at 3yo, and Josiah sleeps through regularly already.

Bit of unrelated exciting news - well for me anyway. A few years ago my nanna gave my dad all the family related documents she had, birth certs, wedding certs etc. Anyway, I got my hands on them and was looking up a couple of names on the net, trying to figure out the best way of building our family tree and I came across a post on a chat forum by a guy who has the same great great great grandparents as me. I emailed him and have heard back from him already. I was only searching for an hour, and not even properly - just randomly googling names...it's so exciting!!

Anyway, gotta go give janae an activity to do - little munckin has to be kept busy or she starts tormenting her little brother.

Bel

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I just noticed today when I took Charlie in to see my old workmates that his eyes follows me no matter who carries him, and no matter how far away I am. And then when his dad came into view (we worked in the same office) he giggled and then followed his dad with his eyes! Then he burped like an old man and giggled again, making the whole office laugh!

OMG don't I sound the soppy mum-in-love! Lol! Btw the young man is making 'grunting' sounds so I think I'm going to have a pooey nappy to change shortly!

abs Guest

that's awesome news on the family tree Bel. If you remove the last part of the webaddress of Jordy's pictures, you'll find my family tree - have several thousand names in that with a heap more yet to include - and have various links into heaps of other very large online trees too

It's very interesting googling names and seeing what comes up where

Hey all - an update on Amber's lump.

I went to the Dr this morning and need to go to a Paed and have an ultra sound but of course in scummy Kalgoorlie I cant get in for almost a month so am off to Perth tomorrow for appointments on Monday. So worried about my poor lil' bubba although it doesnt seem to be affecting her. So scared of a 7 hour train trip on my own with her aswell! Arrrrrgh! I am going to look up travelling with bub tips now.

Sooz - I drove to Geelong with Charlie (about 4 hours) and he was great - i just decided one morning i would go and see my brother and his wife so i rang gav and left within half an hour. I find that heaos easier - if i had of known about it for a week i would of been stressing about what to pack! We are flying to Darwin in a month!!!! that i am stressed about! Godd luck with the Lump and the 7 hour trip - you might find she'll sleep most of the way - I fed charlie then left straight away and he slept all the way thru - maybe you might have to stop in the middle somewere.

Sushee - I love the fact that charlie follows me everywere , I was out having coffee with mum yesterday and got up to go to the toilet and mum said his face looked so sad when he couldn't see me anymore. We had and old couple that are family friends say hello to us one day and i couldn't get charlie to look at them - he kept staring at Gavin - gav loved it..

Abs - my grandfather is the family tree man - he just rang me the other day to find out all the details for charlie - i don't find them that interesting but i'm sure later on in life i will.

Theresa - so glad everything is finally getting sorted out.

Nickers - hope you had a great holiday visiting the family.

Shell - Are you still breastfeeding???

Hi everyone else. Hope all is great

Charlie and i just got out of bed today at 12.............. getting up once in the night has really caught up with me so him and i decided to stay in bed. I fed him at about 7.30am then he just lay beside me talking to himself then fell asleep - it was great.

Also - i think his reflux might be getting better he hasn't spued after a feed for a few days now. Maybe in the next couple of weeks i'll b able to take him off the anti reflux formula

any way i have mothers group today.better go get the feral ready.

Jac

abs Guest

getting up once gets to you !!! Hmmpf to the max

Try every 2 hours or so from 11pm onwards !!

As for the tree, I had an email earlier today from the sister of a cousins daughter where I knew I had the wrong year of birth (it was a few months before her parents were married, not that there is anything wrong with that) - she advised me of the correct year. Told her I hadn't spoken to her dad or grandma (my cousin and aunty) in many many years, how are they etc

Hope I get a reply, it was sent I think from her boyfriends email address but left her hotmail account for me to respond to

Seeing mine goes back basically 1000 years, I wish I had have paid more attention to history at school etc - oopsie

Yeah - sorry abs!!! - forgot you were still getting up all the time.

Well i weighed charlie today and he was 6.6kg - he is such a big fatty baboomba!!!!! your allowed to be fat when your a baby.

Well, arrived in Perth - what a nightmare!

It was 0 degrees in Kal this morning and the train was running an hour and a half late but we werent allowed to leave the station. Amber cried for about 4 hours of the trip because she just wouldnt go to sleep no matter what I tried. Didnt help that there were drunk passengers around us and the Bar didnt stop serving them alcohol (not happy jan!) She's still really unsettled tonight but hopefully we'll get there!

abs Guest

Wow, he's piling on the weight Jac

Jordy accepts defeat, even though he's a bit roundish in places. Some of the others in our parents group are still small in comparison to him and several of those are older than him too

Yikes Sooz... but at least you're there now. Hope you and Amber slept well last night

Hi everyone,

Sooz - sorry to hear the trip was a nightmare, Mum refuses to go on the train as apprently it breaks down or is late about 4 times a week!!

Jacci - I weighed the little man yesterday, he is 7.2kg! :eek:

All Perth ladies, would be great to catch up sometime!!

For everyone else, it is hard to believe that this tiem last year we were nearly conceiving our little bundles that time certainly has gone quickly!!

Hi to everyone, better go, going out for lunch and have to get ready!

Yeah Sooz I was askin bout KellyW too, surgery was late may. Maybe she's hangin out in the twins thread. Hope Amber's lump turns out 2 be nothing. My SIL had a hernia as a baby my MIL said, she would just scream in pain all the time & mil had 2 try to stop her from crying so doesnt get worse b4 surgery. With Holly's neck lump, gp rang usound place to get her in urgently, they shld do same for u.

That's great Bel. Have u tried genesreunited, part of schoolfriends.

Sush i cant wait til Holly actually giggles, how cute.

Great, answers for u soon Theresa, poor lil Em.

Sure am Jacci. Great sleep & news on reflux.

Wow didnt think of that Lisa.

HI all - well its saturday night and i have just done my tax online!!!
    Boring person i am!!!

I hurt my ankle at netball today - do you know how hard it is to run after a baby whilst you are on crutches.. i can't put any weight on my anklethink i may have ripped the ligaments again. made a nice ripping sound when i went down - lovely!!!!!

WEll my little boy is being good. He is bed - I am heading off there aswell.

Have a lovely weekend - i am going to get a whole nights sleep tonight as gav is going to have to get up to feed him coz i can't walk. Yeah!!!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast